Doreen Filed

LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Doreen Filed

Post by LPC »

According to the Detroit News, Doreen Hendrickson filed correct income tax returns rather than be jailed for contempt.
Doreen Hendrickson said she filed the amended returns June 24, the day she believed U.S. marshals would arrest her. She only did it because her husband had gone to prison on the criminal charges two days earlier and she had a 14-year-old son to care for, she said. She added the words "under duress" after her signature and attached an affidavit refuting her returns.
Other items of interest:
"It was horrible," said Doreen Hendrickson, 55, of Commerce Township. "I cried for days, and I was sick to my stomach. I can't even describe it."
And:
[Doreen] Hendrickson said she is appealing the [contempt] ruling to the U.S. 6th Circuit Court of Appeals and planning a civil lawsuit against [Judge] Edmunds.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Joey Smith
Infidel Enslaver

Re: Doreen Filed

Post by Joey Smith »

Oh, yeah, that lawsuit will be sooo successful, just like the hundreds of others filed by tax protestors against judges, revenue agents, and employers, etc. .........

Morons.

Wonder how long Doreen will make it as book revenues dry up to nothing as the idiots migrate to their next silver-bullet guru (whoever that is).
- - - - - - - - - - -
"The real George Washington was shot dead fairly early in the Revolution." ~ David Merrill, 9-17-2004 --- "This is where I belong" ~ Heidi Guedel, 7-1-2006 (referring to suijuris.net)
- - - - - - - - - - -
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

LPC wrote:...She added the words "under duress" after her signature and attached an affidavit refuting her returns.
That'll show 'em! :roll:
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

From the article:
She only did it because her husband had gone to prison on the criminal charges two days earlier...
Odd, but that doesn't look right. Two days prior to the 24th? My understanding was that Pete went into prison on the 29th. Probably not important, though.....
She only did it because her husband had gone to prison on the criminal charges two days earlier and she had a 14-year-old son to care for, she said. She added the words "under duress" after her signature and attached an affidavit refuting her returns.
Well, I hope that made her feel a little better.
"It was horrible," said Doreen Hendrickson, 55, of Commerce Township. "I cried for days, and I was sick to my stomach. I can't even describe it."
I would suggest that Doreen see a shrink, except that I don't think it would help. The way that works -- don't you have to be able to at least admit you have a mental problem before a psychiatrist can help you?
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

The article says that Doreen filed the amended returns.

Question: Did they both sign the amended returns?

If Doreen signed (such as, if she filed "married filing separately" on the amended returns) but Pete never signed, then Pete is technically still in contempt of court (if the court order was issued to both of them).

And we know what that could mean.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

I suspect part of the reason she is feeling the way she is, is that down deep inside, she knows that what she is doing is wrong, and the internal conflict is boiling over into her outer world, and since she refuses to recognize that her apparent belief system is a fraud it will continue to eat away at her until she comes to grips with that, or just completely fall apart. And you are quite right Famspear, until she comes to terms with the fact that she is living a lie when somewhere inside she knows it is a fraud she will continue to have these problems.

Perhaps being at a remove from the great windbag will give her the time to get control back of her life and be able to move on. I don’t know. I don’t know how deeply she has drunk of the coolaid, and I don’t know how much of her self image is dependent upon the blowhard. I don’t think this is going to be easy for her, and without him there to force he thinking on her I don’t know if she will be able to think for herself, and get on with her life or if she will crumble and fall apart.

I will go out on a limb here and say that from my observations of Pete, his is a personality that does not brook any opposition or difference of view and I suspect that over the years he has pretty well dominated Doreen to the point that her views and opinions are HIS opinions and views, to the point that whoever and whatever Doreen was to begin with has pretty well been overshadowed by the blowhard to the point that she is probably totally dependent upon his view of the world and approval. I don’t know, or care to know, how much deeper this goes, but I will further go out on a limb and state that I think with the windbag not in direct day to day control that one of two things is likely to happen, she is either going to come back to herself finally and realize the mess he has made of their life, or she is going to crumble without his control and guidance.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

Doreen had best see someone other than a psychiatrist.

"She added the words "under duress" after her signature and attached an affidavit refuting her returns." Although she didn't modify the jurat, the affidavit of refutation just might be enough, if the return processing official had a bad morning, to have the return routed to Ogden and a $5,000 penalty assessed.

If, on the other hand, the returns are accepted as filed, I hope she attached a check for the appropriate amount -- including the penaltiues for late filing, under withholding, and interest to date. That might make a significant dent in Pete's canteen fund and her 14-year-old's college savings.

Doreen is about to discover that an entirely new batch of something is about to hit the fan above her head.
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

Nikki wrote:"She added the words "under duress" after her signature and attached an affidavit refuting her returns." Although she didn't modify the jurat, the affidavit of refutation just might be enough, if the return processing official had a bad morning, to have the return routed to Ogden and a $5,000 penalty assessed.
If she reported the income, etc., on the amended returns fully, properly, etc., isn't there a reasonable argument that the $5,000 "frivolous" penalty under 6702 should not apply to the amended return, even if the amended return was determined (because of the refutation, etc.) not to be a legally valid return?
If, on the other hand, the returns are accepted as filed, I hope she attached a check for the appropriate amount -- including the penaltiues for late filing, under withholding, and interest to date.
Ooooh yeah! If the original "return" was deemed not to be a valid return, then the amended return (as accepted by the IRS) is really the first legal original for that year -- meaning that they owe not just the penalty for willful failure to timely pay, but also the penalty for willful failure to timely FILE, which is mucho mucho bigger. Good point! And we're talkin' about more than one year, if I recall.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

I think it's 3 years, and I'm not interested enough to look and make sure. Altogether it's a pretty good chunk of change especially for someone with not much income and what I can only imagine is dwindling book sale prospects. I doubt Pete is gonna be able to use his commissary account to live good in prison.

Good news though Pete! The 25 cents a day I think they would pay you to work in the laundry is most likely tax free, as it's below the minimum amount! VICTORY!
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

According to the newspaper article, the returns were for 2002 and 2003.

It would be interesting to know what their filing status is for 2004 - 2009.

I strongly suspect that they are not in compliance for those years, too.
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

LoserHead 'LetFredomRing' commented
Unbelievable.

Anybody who knows anything about law in this country should know that the law can't compel you to act, it can only prevent you from actions that harm others.

In a "real" court, that would be a slam dunk case against Edmunds.
LetFreedomRing is a ding dong.
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

Nikki wrote:If, on the other hand, the returns are accepted as filed, I hope she attached a check for the appropriate amount -- including the penaltiues for late filing, under withholding, and interest to date.
According to the complaint in the refund suit, Hendrickson earned about $60,000 in each of 2002 and 2003, for which his witholdings were about $5,600 for income tax, $3,650 for FICA, and $850 for Medicare.

I don't think that we know Doreen's income, because she received Forms 1099-MISC and her earnings were not reported in the complaint.

If she filed separately, she's not going to be able to claim credit for Pete's withholdings, and her income, net of expenses, would be subject to self-employment tax.

We also don't know if the Hendricksons might be entitled to itemized deductions for mortgage interest or real estate taxes, and we don't know if Doreen can claim those deductions because we don't know whether she paid them or Pete paid them.

So there could be some significant tax liabilities, and some significant penalties for failure to file, failure to pay, and failure to pay estimated taxes.

Maybe that's why Doreen has been crying. Maybe it's finally beginning to dawn on her that she could owe some big numbers for those two years, and for other years as well.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
ashlynne39
Illuminated Legate of Illustrious Legs

Post by ashlynne39 »

You know what occurs to me is that Doreen didn't "stand tall" like a "warrior." What, you fold under duress when the going gets tough? I thought principles and taking a stand meant something to Doreen. If that were really true she would have stood tall like a warrior and taken the hit, consequences be damned. Whining after the fact seems like an easy way to blame someone else for her signing the papers and justify it to their followers. Sad thing is that her followers are so delusional they don't see behind the curtain.
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

ashlynne39 wrote:You know what occurs to me is that Doreen didn't "stand tall" like a "warrior." What, you fold under duress when the going gets tough? I thought principles and taking a stand meant something to Doreen. If that were really true she would have stood tall like a warrior and taken the hit, consequences be damned. Whining after the fact seems like an easy way to blame someone else for her signing the papers and justify it to their followers. Sad thing is that her followers are so delusional they don't see behind the curtain.
Oh, but losthorizoner "Harvester" wrote recently that he would never cave in and file amended tax returns as Pete and Doreen were ordered to do. That Harvester, he's so tough! Wow, you know, he writes things like, "Stand Tall Warriors," you know, and stuff like that. You have to be tough to write things like that on the internet. I bet if a Special Agent of the Internal Revenue Service ever shows up on Harvester's door, Harvester will just not be scared at all, and stuff like that. Harvey would probably not care a whit if he had to go to prison, you know, and who cares if your family suffers. I know Harvey is tough......
:roll:
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

ashlynne39 wrote:You know what occurs to me is that Doreen didn't "stand tall" like a "warrior." What, you fold under duress when the going gets tough? I thought principles and taking a stand meant something to Doreen. If that were really true she would have stood tall like a warrior and taken the hit, consequences be damned. Whining after the fact seems like an easy way to blame someone else for her signing the papers and justify it to their followers. Sad thing is that her followers are so delusional they don't see behind the curtain.
I guess that now, she's a "SAND-CRAWLED WORRIER".
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
bmielke

Post by bmielke »

In her defense she does have a child to think about.
Prof
El Pontificator de Porceline Precepts

Post by Prof »

I think Doreen did a wise thing by putting her obligation to her child before some abstract idea of her husband's-- an idea which has been rejected by every court. Of course, she should have considered her family before she stayed with a guy intent at a suicide run at the taxation system.
"My Health is Better in November."
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

Prof wrote:I think Doreen did a wise thing by putting her obligation to her child before some abstract idea of her husband's-- an idea which has been rejected by every court. Of course, she should have considered her family before she stayed with a guy intent at a suicide run at the taxation system.
The problem is that Doreen is just as much a lemming as her husband, in my opinion. I suspect she buys into the whole program heart and soul. According to the court records, she actively participated in the post office bombing incident that put Pontificating Peter in the Pokey the first time, back in the early 1990s. According to the court record, she's the one who took the red phosphorus material from the school district where she worked. It's a sad commentary that it finally took the imminent threat of jail before she would do the right thing -- and even then she refuses to accept that it's the right thing. She still delusionally believes that she and Pete are both morally and legally right.

Most of these people, having gone this far, will never learn.

Look at Simkanin. He was out of prison after six years, or whatever it was, and immediately began spouting the same kind of nonsense before the law sent him right back to The Big House for an even longer prison term. Pete may well do the same kind of thing when he gets out.

These kinds of crooks never admit they're wrong, and they never believe they're wrong.
ashlynne39
Illuminated Legate of Illustrious Legs

Post by ashlynne39 »

Famspear wrote:
Prof wrote:I think Doreen did a wise thing by putting her obligation to her child before some abstract idea of her husband's-- an idea which has been rejected by every court. Of course, she should have considered her family before she stayed with a guy intent at a suicide run at the taxation system.
The problem is that Doreen is just as much a lemming as her husband, in my opinion. I suspect she buys into the whole program heart and soul. According to the court records, she actively participated in the post office bombing incident that put Pontificating Peter in the Pokey the first time, back in the early 1990s. According to the court record, she's the one who took the red phosphorus material from the school district where she worked. It's a sad commentary that it finally took the imminent threat of jail before she would do the right thing -- and even then she refuses to accept that it's the right thing. She still delusionally believes that she and Pete are both morally and legally right.

Most of these people, having gone this far, will never learn.

Look at Simkanin. He was out of prison after six years, or whatever it was, and immediately began spouting the same kind of nonsense before the law sent him right back to The Big House for an even longer prison term. Pete may well do the same kind of thing when he gets out.

These kinds of crooks never admit they're wrong, and they never believe they're wrong.

What he said . . .

In reality, I have no issue with a mother choosing her child over her idiot husband's tax schemes. That's not really what she did though. Sounds like she's still on board to continue his work. If she were really choosing her child, she'd walk away from all things Petey right now and never look back.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

bmielke wrote:
In her defense she does have a child to think about.
She should have started thinking when Pete flipped on his other buddies the first time and kept her out of prison then, and thought maybe she got a once in a lifetime break and come to her senses.

I say the hell with her, the kid would be better off in foster care.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.