Brown supporters lose appeal

webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Re: Brown supporters lose appeal

Post by webhick »

Thule wrote:
friend of jasons wrote: Once you know something is wrong there are only two choices, either you do something or you don't. Perhaps my solution wasn't politically correct, though going against the status quo is never considered so.
Stockpiling guns, initiating an armed standoff, and building bombs and booby traps. And the best way you can describe this is "not politically correct"? You just don't get it, do you?
Flying planes into buildings isn't politically correct either.*

*Extreme example, obviously.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Cathulhu wrote:I find myself wanting to know if Jason ever had a "WTF am I doing?" moment--but if he did, he drank more of the kool-aid and went right along. I don't think he ever imagined he'd get 20 years. It's a lot more flattering to think of yourself as a political prisoner rather than as someone who did something incredibly stupid, so pass the kool-aid.
Honestly, I think he might have considered that he might have to go to jail, but what he had in mind was more like 6 months at Club Fed and being an adored martyr to the cause. Instead he's doing 20 years and prolly knows more about prison sexual abuse than he or anyone really wants to know, and his "martyrdom" is confined to some people who knew him before he went daffy lamenting whatever happened to him, and people like us making fun of him. Over 20 years, even that little glimpse of celebrity will fade, his family could very well die before he gets out and if he's lucky the sov'run stupid movement will still be around so he can wind out his life couch surfing in the trailers of people only slightly less pathetic than him, who will listen with bated breath to his stories of "back in the day" and how before he spent the best years of his life taking up the backside he was taking it to the man!

Just another Warrior, standing tall!
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

Mom probably wasn't too pleased when the police found an active pipe bomb in her son's room in the basement of her home.

Luck for Jason, that bomb was not allowed in evidence or he'd have been facing a minimum 30-year sentence.
Demo.
Cathulhu
Order of the Quatloos, Brevet First Class

Post by Cathulhu »

Y'know, I wanna feel sorry for him, except he hasn't even considered the possibility that what he did might have been wrong, and that would be why society put him in prison. It's partly luck that the booby traps didn't hurt someone, and if Ed had gotten his way there would have been a lot more shooting. Is this a double standard? Does Jason think his "political solution" of defying the world should just be treated as if "oh, they're just boys playing fort out there."? I think Ed is still in denial that there wasn't a great revolutionary uprising after they were busted.

Jason, by all means, feel free to enlighten me. Besides the influence of magic mushrooms, what the hell was so compelling about Ed and Elaine as to recruit you into the madness? What point do you think you proved?
Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to. T. Pratchett
Always be a moving target. L.M. Bujold
mr2008

Post by mr2008 »

Well im sure his mom cared about him alot and has always wanted the best for him and his father wasnt around because he died when Jason was only a little child. So stop assuming things you dont know anything about.
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

mr2008 wrote:Well im sure his mom cared about him alot and has always wanted the best for him and his father wasnt around because he died when Jason was only a little child. So stop assuming things you dont know anything about.
I'm not assuming anything about anyone.

I'm just saying that having a mother who cares about you, and losing a father as a child, doesn't give you a free pass to help a federal fugitive.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Post by Imalawman »

I was sympathetic (in terms of wasting of youth, etc..) to Jason until I read his "explanation". But stupidity has consequences and he deserves those consequences. He was actively planning on injuring and killing innocent people. He deserves his sentence, but after twenty years, he will have learned nothing and will be a blight upon society for the remainder of his miserable life.
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

If Danny and Jason are going to hold onto their beliefs, then nothing much can be done for them inside or outside of prison. I used to think that as one grows older, the mind matures and the ability to learn from your mistakes kicks in. And studies have shown that even prisoners, once past the age of 40, seem to learn - the recidivism rate goes down from that point on.

However, Ed Brown, at 70+ years old, proves that there is an exception to every rule and at this point I can only hope that Jason and Danny will learn from their mistakes; there is no guarantee that they will.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

I personally, do not think, and other sources would seem to indicate as well, that Ed Brown never was anything but a narcissistic, selfish old b******, so the likelihood of him growing some sense is pretty slim given his past track record. I think he knew exactly what he was doing and the only regrets he has are that he didn’t get away with it, and he will continue to try and twist the rest of the universe in to what.

As to Danny and Jason, they both exhibit adolescent personalities at best, and have yet to indicate that they have yet to show even a glimmer of the fact that they not only were doing something wrong, they were doing something plain damn stupid, and until they get to that point there will be no hope for either of them. While it may have played well with their adolescent fantasies to go play soldier and protect that brave and valiant freedom fighter Ed Brown against the oppressive whatever, it doesn’t seem to have filtered in to the dim recesses of what passes for their minds that what they were doing could have / would have ended up either seriously injuring or more likely killing someone who was one, only doing their job and two, actually obeying the law, while they were “defending” someone who was not only breaking the law but thumbing his nose at the law and what it stands for, and who would have tossed their lives away in an instant if it had suited his purposes. That kind of behavior, is just plain stupid, and at this point that pretty well sums up the both of them.

mr2008, I really don’t give a rat’s ass as to what Jason’s mother did or didn’t do, unless she is the one that taught him that it was all right to break the law and threaten people’s lives by being a total dumb ass, is that what you are claiming?? Unless that is the case, then what Danny and Jason did is squarely and solidly on their shoulders and no one else’s. They made the choices, albeit very stupid ones, and the consequences that flow from those, spending the majority of the rest of their lives in prison, rests wholly with them and their bad judgement. And unless and until they come to the realization and acknowledgment that they were very wrong and bad decisions, then there is nothing else that can be done for them. They are quite frankly a waste of time at this point. They both have a lot of growing up to do, and whether or not they do it is now up to them. If past behavior is any indicator, they won’t manage, let alone attempt it.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

I have some hopes of seeing Danny becoming a writer. The Dogwalker Chronicles should find a ready fanbase: people who like thrillers but have trouble finishing "The Hunt for Red October" or "Ice Station Zebra" too hard to read.

Each installment would be about 120 pages in standard paperback. We can already predict some of the content:

DWC 01: "Codename Dogwalker". A former sheep is awakened through the works of social philosopher Ed Brown and becomes a patriot warrior.

DWC 02: "Liberty under Seige". Armed only with their courage, wits, and some makeshift bombs, a plucky group of freedom fighters led by Ed Brown and his tactical adjutant, Dogwalker, holds an entire fascist army at bay for months.

DWC 03: "Ordeal on the Quarterdeck". Captured by the enemy, Dogwalker is turned over to the brutal captain of a maritime court, but refuses to acquiesce to his illegal jurisdiction.

DWC 04: "Unbroken Spirit". Although chained to a wall in a cold and damp dungeon, Dogwalker is sustained by the wise counsel of his mentor, Ed Brown, the thousands of visitors and letters he receives from supporters, and the open admiration of his fellow captives, who thirst for the enlightment he brings them.

DWC 05: "Habeas Mandamus". Just [s]2[/s] [s]3[/s] [s]5[/s] a few years into his so-called 'sentence', Dogwalker's steadfastness has inspired the freedom movement to convene a common-law court to order his release and send a Sovereign Posse Militia to enforce it.

As a prisoner, of course he wouldn't be able to make a book tour, but he could probably get interviewed in his cell for the Glen Beck show. Then the movie. Probably made by one of the outfits that makes those films shown for free by evangelical churches.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Thule
Tragedian of Sovereign Mythology

Post by Thule »

grixit wrote: DWC 02: "Liberty under Seige". Armed only with their courage, wits, and some makeshift bombs, a plucky group of freedom fighters led by Ed Brown and his tactical adjutant, Dogwalker, holds an entire fascist army at bay for months.
"Pull the tab to make Ed Brown shake his fist at the Gub'ment"
Survivor of the Dark Agenda Whistleblower Award, August 2012.
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

Thule wrote:
grixit wrote: DWC 02: "Liberty under Seige". Armed only with their courage, wits, and some makeshift bombs, a plucky group of freedom fighters led by Ed Brown and his tactical adjutant, Dogwalker, holds an entire fascist army at bay for months.
"Pull the tab to make Ed Brown shake his fist at the Gub'ment"
Too complex. Just have a pop-up Ed Brown fist when you open the page.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self