Ken Smith: Rogue Judges Invite Their Own Demise

bmielke

Re: Ken Smith: Rogue Judges Invite Their Own Demise

Post by bmielke »

Jimmy, I looked through this thread, refreshed my memory.

Seriously man Smith is delusional.

Save yourself get out while you still can. The man was denied admittance to a state bar due to his mental state and has spend at least the lastdecade litigating the case.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

James wrote:Ken Smith posts some interesting questions
. . . about what the law should be if it weren't what it is. I'm sure that hypothetical exercise is interesting to Ken and "James". The rest of us prefer "informed answers" which are useful in this world, rather than in some alternate universe.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

James wrote:Smith also cites reasons and authority against cert denied and unpublished opinions but all posts duck answering on merits.
Not true. I think almost all of the responders have told Smith that he's wrong on the merits.

Not many responders bothered to spend much time explaining *why* Smith is wrong, but why should they? Courts have been telling Smith that he's wrong for years; another explanation wasn't going to change his mind.

And, to quote an opinion from the 5th Circuit:
We perceive no need to refute these arguments with somber reasoning and copious citation of precedent; to do so might suggest that these arguments have some colorable merit. ... Crain's present appeal is ... a hodgepodge of unsupported assertions, irrelevant platitudes, and legalistic gibberish. The government should not have been put to the trouble of responding to such spurious arguments, nor this court to the trouble of "adjudicating" this meritless appeal.
Crain v. Commissioner, 737 F.2d 1417, 1418 (5th Cir. 1984).

Crain's arguments were different from Smith's but the principle is the same. There are some things too silly to refute. The idea that the federal judicial system has operated for the last 220 years in a way that is contrary to the Constitution is one of those things.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.