What the heck is a "Private Postmaster"?

Unidyne
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

What the heck is a "Private Postmaster"?

Post by Unidyne »

The current trend in "sovruns" is to use the term "Private Postmaster" in their self-proclaimed titles. I cite the following:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38668124/from/RSS/

The photo in the article shows two cars with home-made license plates that read as follows (capitalization theirs):

STANDING IN THE LIGHT
PRIVATE
POSTMASTER

Without the UNITED STATES

Now, I have a Mailer's Postmark Permit issued by the USPS (Henderson NV, MPP #2), but that doesn't make me a Private Postmaster. It just means I can cancel my own stamps and verify the date of cancellation.

Or is this a reference to Lysander Spooner and his American Letter Mail Company (which operated from 1844 to 1851)?

I did a bit of web-searching and found one of the "Nu Moorish" types with his own take on the matter, but I can't cut through his quasi-legalese. Maybe one of you folks can?

http://mstofaecofkmirno9.blogspot.com/2 ... neral.html

Here's the front page for the blog, complete with his offer to sell "True Identification Cards And Nationality Cards": http://mstofaecofkmirno9.blogspot.com/
Irony: The Ayn Rand® Institute (ARI) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
Doktor Avalanche
Asst Secretary, the Dept of Jesters

Re: What the heck is a "Private Postmaster"?

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

I thought that was a just a low ranking member on the Postmaster General's staff. :whistle:
The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros
Doktor Avalanche
Asst Secretary, the Dept of Jesters

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

CaptainKickback wrote:It's also how the ladies refer to me, because I always deliver the goods, day or night. :mrgreen: :roll: :twisted:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UuChTazs9Q
The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

Unidyne wrote:Here's the front page for the blog, complete with his offer to sell "True Identification Cards And Nationality Cards": http://mstofaecofkmirno9.blogspot.com/
The guy's blogspot username is mstofaecofkmirno9? That means that "mstofaecofkmirno" and "mstofaecofkmirno1" through "mstofaecofkmirno8" were already taken?
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

LPC wrote:
Unidyne wrote:Here's the front page for the blog, complete with his offer to sell "True Identification Cards And Nationality Cards": http://mstofaecofkmirno9.blogspot.com/
The guy's blogspot username is mstofaecofkmirno9? That means that "mstofaecofkmirno" and "mstofaecofkmirno1" through "mstofaecofkmirno8" were already taken?
Nah, it took him 10 goes to sign up correctly.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Apparently, one of the current idiotic sovrun theories is that the United States government was recorganized as a massive postal service, at some point; and by declaring oneself a Private Postmaster, that gives the declarant some sort of Magical Legal Powers.

Sorry I can't explain more fully; but it's hard to delve too deeply into something that is so deranged that it's tough to understand....
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

LPC wrote: The guy's blogspot username is mstofaecofkmirno9? That means that "mstofaecofkmirno" and "mstofaecofkmirno1" through "mstofaecofkmirno8" were already taken?
It's an acronym but it's not worth trying to figure the whole thing out:

moorish science temple of America . . . Mir No. 9.
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
Evil Squirrel Overlord
Emperor of rodents, foreign and domestic

Post by Evil Squirrel Overlord »

Now onto the more important question:
I am a Grand Poobah. What extralegal powers do I have?
Are you saying that Ron Paul serves as a convenient chew toy to keep stupid puppies occupied so they don't roll in the garbage? -grixit
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

Mir no 1 is in Virginia, and Mir no 7 is in South Carolina.
Demo.
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

Demosthenes wrote:Mir no 1 is in Virginia, and Mir no 7 is in South Carolina.
You're going to have a tough time filling that straight.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
bmielke

Post by bmielke »

I'll be a private postmaster simply deliver your unsealed letter to me in a small envelope along with $20 I'll seal it and send it, and receive any mail for you, then you pay me $2 a letter and I will deliver them to you. Sorry we don't handle packages or large envolpes at this time.
jkeeb
Pirate Judge of Which Things Work

Post by jkeeb »

I thought Mir 1 crashed in Australia?
Remember that CtC is about the rule of law.

John J. Bulten
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

jkeeb wrote:I thought Mir 1 crashed in Australia?
Aaagghh!

Aerospace humor in a thread about tax protesters!

:Axe:
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Quixote
Quatloosian Master of Deception

Post by Quixote »

Shhh ... no one is supposed to know that Skylab and MIR were one and the same.
"Here is a fundamental question to ask yourself- what is the goal of the income tax scam? I think it is a means to extract wealth from the masses and give it to a parasite class." Skankbeat
Unidyne

Post by Unidyne »

Quixote wrote:
Shhh ... no one is supposed to know that Skylab and MIR were one and the same.
That's because objects in MIR are closer than they appear! :wink:
Irony: The Ayn Rand® Institute (ARI) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

This derives from a fairly old urban legend about federal supremacy. I remember when I was getting my first driver's license a supposed question that might be asked was who has the right of way if at a 4 say stop a police car, state trooper, ambulance and post office jeep arrive at the same time. The answer was Post Office Jeep on the theory that being a federal vehicle, it always gets to go first....( and this was honest to goodness taught by our Driver's Ed teacher, which may have screwed up who knows how many people)

Somewhere in the late 80s it had morphed into a theory that basically said a Postmaster was the highest office that remained legally constituted after the Federal Bankruptcy of 1933.

Sometimes, crazy just happens I guess.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Evil Squirrel Overlord
Emperor of rodents, foreign and domestic

Post by Evil Squirrel Overlord »

We had a honest to God student just ask if the US Postal Service delivers to addresses in Boston. I wonder who admitted him. :brickwall:
Are you saying that Ron Paul serves as a convenient chew toy to keep stupid puppies occupied so they don't roll in the garbage? -grixit
bmielke

Post by bmielke »

Evil Squirrel Overlord wrote:We had a honest to God student just ask if the US Postal Service delivers to addresses in Boston. I wonder who admitted him. :brickwall:
I grew up on the south shore of Massachusetts, less than 40 miles from Boston, there was a girl in my 8th grade history class who asked the teacher what the capital of Boston was. Then when he said there was not one, she said, "Every state has to have a capital."
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

One of the defining moments of my young life was getting suspended in the 7th grade for telling a teacher she was wrong when she said "that's not what Thomas Jefferson meant when he wrote the Contitution"
I said something to the effect of "I think you mean James Madison or James Mason..."

They said at the time that it wasn't because I was right and she was wrong, it was because I insisted on proving it (I took out the enclyclapedia and she tried to litterally tackle me to keep me from getting to it)

3 days spent wondering how people so stupid could be teaching our children, and by stupid it's not the mistake she made, it was what she did to keep from being proven wrong...
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

I have one of those hand warmers. They are great to have when camping in the winter; and used properly they can warm up a sleeping bag.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools