Ronald Ottaviano

notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Re: Ronald Ottaviano

Post by notorial dissent »

Looks like he barely let the ink get dry on the judgment before he got around to filing for cert. I find it interesting that the gov't chose not to file a response, but that may be SOP, and considering what he is appealing, I really doubt if it will get past conference.

The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Parvati
Demigoddess of Volatile Benevolence

Post by Parvati »

From the US Supreme Court's web site:
No. 13-9352
Title: Ronald Ottaviano, Petitioner v. United States
Docketed: March 25, 2014
Lower Ct: United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
Case Nos.: (11-4553, 13-1119)
Decision Date: December 24, 2013

~~~Date~~~ ~~~~~~~Proceedings and Orders~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mar 21 2014 Petition for a writ of certiorari and motion for leave to proceed in forma
pauperis filed. (Response due April 24, 2014)
Mar 31 2014 Waiver of right of respondent United States to respond filed.
Apr 3 2014 DISTRIBUTED for Conference of April 18, 2014.

Attorneys for Petitioner:
Mark A. Berman Hartmann, Doherty, Rosa, Berman & Bulbulia, LLC
Party name: Ronald Ottaviano

Attorneys for Respondent:
Donald B. Verrilli Jr. Solicitor General
United States Department of Justice
950 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W.
Washington, DC 20530-0001
SupremeCtBriefs@USDOJ.gov
Party name: United States
That's all she wrote, for the moment. Curious to see where this goes. ("Big Ron O" never did know when to quit.)
"The risk in becoming very intimate with a moldie Parvati is that she may unexpectedly become a Kali and take your head."--Rudy Rucker, Freeware
“Most men would kill the truth if truth would kill their religion.”--Lemuel K. Washburn.
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

I'm reminded of how Oily Taitz was crowing, loud and long, about how the Supreme Court was taking up one of her pet cases (mercifully, I have forgotten which one), because the case was docketed and distributed for conference. She was awfully quite about the fact that the Court quietly declined to further consider the case.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
notorial dissent

As is usual with Squirrely, she can't even get her stories straight. What she filed at the SCT was an order or the like, bit not a case. I think it was a mandamus but don't have the information here where I can find it, that she was trying to make the district court do something they weren't going to do, had nothing to do with any case ever making it to the SCT, that still hasn't happened since she won't let any of them die a natural death so that they can be appealed. Needless to say, they declined to play, and left her exactly where she was to begin with.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

Parvati wrote:From the US Supreme Court's web site:
No. 13-9352
Title: Ronald Ottaviano, Petitioner v. United States
Docketed: March 25, 2014
Lower Ct: United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
Case Nos.: (11-4553, 13-1119)
Decision Date: December 24, 2013

~~~Date~~~ ~~~~~~~Proceedings and Orders~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mar 21 2014 Petition for a writ of certiorari and motion for leave to proceed in forma
pauperis filed. (Response due April 24, 2014)
Mar 31 2014 Waiver of right of respondent United States to respond filed.
Apr 3 2014 DISTRIBUTED for Conference of April 18, 2014.

Attorneys for Petitioner:
Mark A. Berman Hartmann, Doherty, Rosa, Berman & Bulbulia, LLC
Party name: Ronald Ottaviano

Attorneys for Respondent:
Donald B. Verrilli Jr. Solicitor General
United States Department of Justice
950 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W.
Washington, DC 20530-0001
SupremeCtBriefs@USDOJ.gov
Party name: United States
That's all she wrote, for the moment. Curious to see where this goes. ("Big Ron O" never did know when to quit.)
Petition for cert denied today.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
notorial dissent

Guess he found out then, didn't he.

Big Bad Ron isn't going to be pleased being summarily blown off like that.
Parvati

Post by Parvati »

That's pretty much it, right? I mean, unless he starts suing people privately, which was on his list of "I"m going to **** every last one of you"s.

:beatinghorse:
"The risk in becoming very intimate with a moldie Parvati is that she may unexpectedly become a Kali and take your head."--Rudy Rucker, Freeware
“Most men would kill the truth if truth would kill their religion.”--Lemuel K. Washburn.
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

notorial dissent wrote:Guess he found out then, didn't he.

Don't you know that it all happened because the courts are corrupt and terrified of ruling according to the true law, because the IRS, the CIA, the SEALs and Delta Forces, and other Powers That Be are ready to throw the justices into deep, dark dungeons for High Treason unless they rule as they are told to rule? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Lambkin
Warder of the Quatloosian Gibbet

Post by Lambkin »

Pottapaug1938 wrote:
notorial dissent wrote:Guess he found out then, didn't he.

Don't you know that it all happened because the courts are corrupt and terrified of ruling according to the true law, because the IRS, the CIA, the SEALs and Delta Forces, and other Powers That Be are ready to throw the justices into deep, dark dungeons for High Treason unless they rule as they are told to rule? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
What's a poor Supreme Court justice going to do when Chuck Norris is saying "cert denied"?
notorial dissent

Parvati wrote:That's pretty much it, right? I mean, unless he starts suing people privately, which was on his list of "I"m going to **** every last one of you"s.

:beatinghorse:
Actually that probably will be on the list, as it certainly sounds like something Ronny baby would pull, with no better luck than this, particularly as he'll be filing paupera I would suspect. I think he really and truly is broke at this point, which pretty well limits his options.

Pottapaug1938, I would have thought those poor clerks would have been intimidated by Big Bad Ron's prior reputation, considering what all he threatened before the hammer finally came down, but then that was all gasp and wheeze as well, so maybe not!!!!

Some how, I just don't think that on the scale of things that court clerks worry about, he even rates a whose that??? Which won't go over any better with him than losing will.
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

Parvati wrote:That's pretty much it, right?
There are avenues of post-conviction relief, which can drag out for years, but as far as the conviction and sentencing are concerned, yes, that's it.
Parvati wrote:I mean, unless he starts suing people privately, which was on his list of "I"m going to **** every last one of you"s.
Suing people privately gets him onto the "vexatious litigant" list, and then the courts stop accepting his filings.

In other words, he's looking forward to a future of sitting alone in a cell and screaming at the walls.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Parvati

Post by Parvati »

While I don't know who owns or maintains the "RULES 510" site, I see that there are only two testimonials from individuals who contend that the US justice system did them wrong. And one of the two is Big Ron O. His name is given as "Rob Ottaviano", but the case described is quite clearly the one followed in this thread.

https://rules510.wordpress.com/testimon ... nos-story/

From the link above:
The Indictment stated that I created illegal trusts and sent illegal bonds through the Treasury Department. In the third week of the trial I PROVED the trusts and the Bonds were legal. The Judge got angry cleared the courtroom, then told me that he was going to charge the jury that the trusts were legal and the bonds were legal, but I sold them illegally. The Judge just changed the Indictment in the middle of the trial. I now had no prayer to win. I subsequently was convicted and sentenced to 62 months in prison. I was lucky there, I could have gotten 20 years.

Another man is in here, his name is Tom, and he is a CPA. He was charged with filing false tax returns. 2 clients had false deductions on their returns. When the clients were questioned, they told the prosecutor that they gave that information to Tom. The prosecutors said they would send them to prison, but if Tom did it without their knowledge and they testified that he did it, Tom would go to prison and not them. Hence, they changed their testimony and Tom who is 63 years old, and never convicted of a crime in his life, is in here for six years.

Tom went to trial because he was innocent; after four days on trial, the prosecutors told him if he didn’t abandon the trial and pled guilty they would charge his two sons also who were in business with him. Tom plead and got six years to save his sons.

There are 437 men in this camp at FT,. Dix, I can tell you at least one hundred like the two here are innocent of any crime. And they are only the ones I spoke to. I believe probably 40% of all the people in federal prisons are innocent.

There is a man in here his name is Solly. His son is engaged to a girl whose mother is a Federal Judge in Chicago. The Judge told Solly that if he was going to a Federal Prison Camp that he would meet a lot of innocent men. WOW! that’s coming from a federal judge. And how does she know this? Because she, I am sure, helped put them here.
The premise of the "RULES 510" project is, in summary, reforming the US justice system--specifically drug laws and the treatment of prisoners. From the site:
WHAT IS RULES 510? “RULES” stands for Reform the US Legal System. “510” refers to our motto and membership goal, “5 to the Power of 10.”

OUR MISSION: RULES 510 is building a nationwide coalition of citizens and concerned organizations to achieve four broad, interrelated objectives:

Secure passage of a ten-point program of legal reforms designed to return our justice system to its founding principles;

Reform our nation’s drug laws;

Reform our system of incarceration;

Provide legal and other critically needed support to existing inmates throughout our prison system.
Certainly Ottaviano's area of interest, given that his living arrangements still involve the US Gov't, albeit RRM New York. (He's in a residential reentry program since he's due for release in September.) His wife Harriet was released over 2 1/2 years ago. She's far more literate than Ron. IIRC, she used to do some slip-and-fall-related work for Trump in NJ. I suppose she could be responsible for this 510 business. At any rate, I don't imagine Ron'll be too quiet once he's back behind a keyboard again, but we'll see.
Last edited by Parvati on Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Parvati

Post by Parvati »

For those concerned with Michael Balice, Angel Done, and Wilson Calle (Ottaviano's cronies, co-conspirators, or what-have-you):

Balice is still incarcerated in the same facility that was (until recently) housing Ottaviano, in Ft. Dix, NJ. Balice is still scheduled for release on 2 Feb 2016.

Done is in a medium security facility in Otisville, NY, and set for release in 15 August 2019.

Calle is in USP Lewisburg (high security with a minimum security satellite camp), and is set for release on 10 September 2019.
NYGman
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by NYGman »

As to the comment by the judge, "you will meet a lot of innocent men in prision" I don't believe this was intended as a statement of fact, it is just most people in jail claim they are innocent, been stitched up by the corrupt legal system, etc, etc, etc. I believe there are not tat many people in jail who say, I am guilty, I deserved the punishment, in fact I deserve more. That's the intended meaning behind the saying "you will meet a lot of innocent men in prision" when referring to Jail. Some people have no sarcasm detector.
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
Parvati

Post by Parvati »

Exactly! What was he even thinking? I mean, it might be a lack of sarcasm detection ability, but could also be a case of using any quote that "fits", regardless of context. (Although how he could possibly believe that the rest of the English-speaking world would miss the sarcasm is beyond me.) Ever the opportunist, that guy.
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

Parvati wrote:Exactly! What was he even thinking? I mean, it might be a lack of sarcasm detection ability, but could also be a case of using any quote that "fits", regardless of context. (Although how he could possibly believe that the rest of the English-speaking world would miss the sarcasm is beyond me.) Ever the opportunist, that guy.
Now that you say that, you got me thinking this is one of their problems. They find a passage in a case, but fail to read it in context, or even the next sentence. They take "Council asserts that the government has no authority to act in this situation" from dicta and say it is law, when they don't quote the rest "although this court disagrees, because..." If it is written in a legal opinion no matter where, or how, it must be law...
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
Parvati

Post by Parvati »

After trying to figure out who "owns" the Rules510 site I linked to a couple posts back, I've come up with nothing. However, paging through the site at length was educational. It's the MLM of reform organizations!

Check out their "Join Us" spiel: (Color/emphasis mine.)
Inmates join for free. The sign-up process is easy – it’s similar to joining FAMM on the prison e-mail system. You set up RULES 510 as a contact on your e-mail, and as soon as the contact is approved, you’re a member.

All we ask of inmate members is that you provide us contacts from your contact list – whoever you think might be appropriate – and that you give us a “warm introduction” to them by sending them an e-mail, introducing our organization to them. We’ll provide you with the text of a sample letter you can use for this purpose. Please copy us on the introduction e-mails you send. Then send us a separate e-mail, listing the e-mail address and name of each person you’ve contacted on our behalf.

We’ll follow up with each of your contacts by e-mail, and send them information on RULES 510 and how to join.

Once your e-mail contact with us is approved, we’ll send you more information on RULES membership, and how your participation can advance our common cause.

REGULAR MEMBERSHIP

People on the outside, too, can sign up for free: concerned citizens, family members and friends of current and former inmates, students, defense lawyers and others. The sign-up process is even easier, and is accomplished with a simple exchange of e-mails.

We do, however, ask regular members to seriously consider giving RULES 510 some level of ongoing financial support. It can be as little as a few dollars per month, paid in any way, and at any interval, that’s convenient. Without financial support, our organization will not be able to acquire the political and lobbying power needed to pass our Program of Reform.

As with inmate members, we ask regular members – once they’re familiar enough with RULES 510 – to open their contact list to us, and to provide a “warm introduction” e-mail to those contacts, introducing us to them. We will then follow up with every one of those contacts.

By way of guidance, our goal is to reach an average of 10 new contacts per member, and an average financial contribution of $5.00 per month. But give us whatever feels doable and comfortable to you.
Anything you contribute, in terms of contacts and financial support, will be appreciated, and will help us achieve our common agenda.
The money-grubbing, semi-literacy, database-building, MLM-esque strategy, and the inclusion of only two "testimonials"--one of which is Ron O's--smells very much like the way he rounded up rubes for his Pure Trust, BiC and SoverIgnoramus scams. And why wouldn't he be interested in prison reform now that he's doing time? It's all a bit too coincidental. If this is Ron's little sideline, the wording is probably Harriet's (because Ron's style is very different).

In the (not exactly) immortal words of Paul & Storm, I'm going to play with this toy until it breaks.