One step @ a time (Marc Stevens)

User avatar
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh
Posts: 2647
Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:01 am

Re: One step @ a time (Marc Stevens)

Postby JamesVincent » Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:44 am

Marc panties in a twist wrote: These written instruments apply as a matter of law. In other words, the law applies because the law says so. Dan Evans fails to understand that is a common logical fallacy, circular logic.


Funny, the courts commonly refer to this as precedent, not circular logic.
"Just knowing we're in the same genus makes me embarrassed to call myself Homo." Professor Farnsworth

rogfulton
Caveat Venditor
Posts: 522
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:08 am
Location: No longer behind the satellite dish, second door along - in fact, not even in the same building.

Re: One step @ a time (Marc Stevens)

Postby rogfulton » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:56 pm

JamesVincent wrote:Funny, the courts commonly refer to this as precedent, not circular logic.


As do most persons in the real world.
:snicker:
"No man is above the law and no man is below it; nor do we ask any man's permission when we require him to obey it. Obedience to the law is demanded as a right; not asked as a favor."
- President Theodore Roosevelt

User avatar
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth
Posts: 10621
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:17 pm

Re: One step @ a time (Marc Stevens)

Postby notorial dissent » Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:47 am

Well, there you have the problem and the answer, Marc Stevens is not even remotely in the real world. He lives in a fantasy world of his own making that has no connection to this one.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

User avatar
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ
Posts: 5231
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2003 4:38 am
Location: Earth

Re: One step @ a time (Marc Stevens)

Postby LPC » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:00 am

JamesVincent wrote:
Marc panties in a twist wrote: These written instruments apply as a matter of law. In other words, the law applies because the law says so. Dan Evans fails to understand that is a common logical fallacy, circular logic.


Funny, the courts commonly refer to this as precedent, not circular logic.

I'm don't think that what he's talking about there is about judicial precedent, but rather about how you prove that a law applies, and in most cases you know that the law applies because the law itself says so.

The fact that a law applies because the law itself says so is not "circular" because the law did not create itself. It was enacted by the legislature, by enacting a law that specifies to what it applies, the legislature is simply specifying how it has chosen to exercise it's legislative power. (E.g., it has declared that this law should apply to this thing, but not that thing.)

The legislature has the power to enact legislation because the constitution says so, and the constitution can say so because it was ratified by the people, and the people have the power to govern themselves.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

User avatar
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth
Posts: 10621
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:17 pm

Re: One step @ a time (Marc Stevens)

Postby notorial dissent » Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:00 am

You're being too complicated, too thorough, and much too logical here.

Stevens wants you to "prove" to his satisfaction, that the law, any law in particular applies to him, or his victim client, at this immediate point, and this particular instance, not that the law applies in general or at all. Therefore, you have a situation that will never happen since you will NEVER EVER prove it to his satisfaction, thus his ongoing plaint, and his victims clients continual losses in court.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

.
Pirate Purveyor of the Last Word
Posts: 1674
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2003 3:06 am

Re: One step @ a time (Marc Stevens)

Postby . » Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:18 pm

I think Dan is exactly right.

And being thorough and logical, complicated or not -- and what Dan said is not complicated -- is exactly what this site is about and precisely why the totally ridiculous Stevens and his misguided marks are completely wrong and will never win in any court. Unless a traffic cop fails to appear to testify.

The only thing I would change is the it's/its typo. :oops:
All the States incorporated daughter corporations for transaction of business in the 1960s or so. - Some voice in Van Pelt's head, circa 2006.

User avatar
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth
Posts: 10621
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:17 pm

Re: One step @ a time (Marc Stevens)

Postby notorial dissent » Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:49 pm

I quite agree with what Dan is saying and it does explain and spell out why Marc is so very very wrong. On the other hand it has nothing to do with Marc Stevens™ logic.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

User avatar
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo
Posts: 4344
Joined: Fri May 21, 2004 6:08 am
Location: Der Dachshundbünker
Contact:

Re: One step @ a time (Marc Stevens)

Postby Gregg » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:51 pm

. wrote:I think Dan is exactly right.

And being thorough and logical, complicated or not -- and what Dan said is not complicated -- is exactly what this site is about and precisely why the totally ridiculous Stevens and his misguided marks are completely wrong and will never win in any court. Unless a traffic cop fails to appear to testify.

The only thing I would change is the it's/its typo. :oops:


Pretty much my thinking, although, since you bring it up, and strictly picking nits, I don't exactly agree with

LPC wrote:The legislature has the power to enact legislation because the constitution says so, and the constitution can say so because it was ratified by the people, and the people have the power to govern themselves.


I would say, regarding the US Constitution that the States ratified it. But I make no claim to be even a shadow of the legal scholar he is.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.

Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Posts: 3528
Joined: Tue May 17, 2005 7:04 pm
Location: West of the Pecos
Contact:

Re: One step @ a time (Marc Stevens)

Postby Judge Roy Bean » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:56 pm

Gregg wrote:
. wrote:I think Dan is exactly right.
...
I would say, regarding the US Constitution that the States ratified it. But I make no claim to be even a shadow of the legal scholar he is.


A minor point I'll add - it really was the "people" that decided on how they would be governed. The elected delegates of the State conventions eventually voted in sufficient numbers and in enough States to ratify it - but the debate was contentious and the process took many months.

Not even a whiney legal-wanabe like Stevens can change history. :)
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three

User avatar
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Posts: 6310
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2003 7:39 pm

Re: One step @ a time (Marc Stevens)

Postby wserra » Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:06 am

Dan, you're in trouble now. You claimed that Stevens had no personal victories, but failed to report that he got a parking ticket dismissed when the cop didn't show.

Shame, shame.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume

User avatar
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh
Posts: 2647
Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:01 am

Re: One step @ a time (Marc Stevens)

Postby JamesVincent » Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:31 am

agree with Jack Worthington on September 10th, 2014 at 10:58 pm and know of only one greater deceiver than Dan Evans, this deceiver wants us to walk into the light should we find ourselves in a special predicament, his name is Lucifer. Dan Evans is most likely a close study of him. Look up what lucifer means.

Anyway, Dan Evans exists only because we give him the attention as we are now. I found out that if one ignores him, he will go away. He is not an attorney/lawyer, just a schmuck who will say its blue when you say red, just to argue.


comment from Wes' link.

Better watch out, you're one step below the boss, he doesn't like competition.
"Just knowing we're in the same genus makes me embarrassed to call myself Homo." Professor Farnsworth

User avatar
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ
Posts: 5231
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2003 4:38 am
Location: Earth

Re: One step @ a time (Marc Stevens)

Postby LPC » Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:36 am

wserra wrote:Dan, you're in trouble now. You claimed that Stevens had no personal victories, but failed to report that he got a parking ticket dismissed when the cop didn't show.

Shame, shame.

I'm quite sure that, in the history of legal research, the failure to discover the disposition of a traffic ticket in Tempe, Arizona, has never before been described as a failure to do "simple research."

Meanwhile, from Stevens's own account of the "Success Story":
Marc Stevens wrote:As I’ve mentioned before, seventy-five percent of the time my motion to dismiss for a lack of a cause of action is filed, the cops don’t show up.

But if you don't file his motion to dismiss, the cops don't show up only 74% of the time.

My favorite quotes:
Marc Stevens wrote:I would have been more aggressive, but he was using a walker.

And:
Marc Stevens wrote:I can only speculate at this point though.

And:
Marc Stevens wrote:But, to anyone who has been in traffic court can attest that’s already self-evident truth.

Yep, that's a success story alright. A blend of "only speculate" and "self-evident truth."
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

User avatar
The Observer
Further Moderator
Posts: 6573
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2003 12:48 am
Location: Virgin Islands Gunsmith

Re: One step @ a time (Marc Stevens)

Postby The Observer » Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:51 am

JamesVincent wrote:Better watch out, you're one step below the boss, he doesn't like competition.


You missed the best quote from the responses:

Dan Evans is just an elitist criminal operating under the cover/cloak of “lawyer.” Commie/socialists operate under the cloak of “Populist” or “Progressive” or “liberal” or Democrat or Republican...


According to my calculations, they are saying that there is a 20% chance of Dan masquerading as a Republican. If nothing else gets Dan's blood to boil, it would have to be this.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff

User avatar
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Posts: 6310
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2003 7:39 pm

Re: One step @ a time (Marc Stevens)

Postby wserra » Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:40 am

LPC wrote:Yep, that's a success story alright. A blend of "only speculate" and "self-evident truth."


And "parking ticket". Don't forget the grave legal issue before the court.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume

Arthur Rubin
Tupa-O-Quatloosia
Posts: 1434
Joined: Fri May 30, 2003 12:02 am
Location: Brea, CA

Re: One step @ a time (Marc Stevens)

Postby Arthur Rubin » Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:35 pm

LPC wrote:
Marc Stevens wrote:As I’ve mentioned before, seventy-five percent of the time my motion to dismiss for a lack of a cause of action is filed, the cops don’t show up.

But if you don't file his motion to dismiss, the cops don't show up only 80% of the time.
Fixed it for you.
Arthur Rubin, unemployed tax preparer and aerospace engineer
ImageJoin the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

Butterflies are free. T-shirts are $19.95 $24.95 $29.95

User avatar
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Posts: 6310
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2003 7:39 pm

Re: One step @ a time (Marc Stevens)

Postby wserra » Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:55 am

I'd watch out, Dan. Stevens is obsessed with you.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume

User avatar
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh
Posts: 2647
Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:01 am

Re: One step @ a time (Marc Stevens)

Postby JamesVincent » Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:59 am

Yay, I finally made it into some whackjob's diatribe against a fellow Quatloosian.

And as far as precedent, it’s also precedent that non-whites were property. So much for precedent (opinion) regarding the validity of an argument. There the precedent is the constitution was to protect slavery. Read the opinion, I’m not making it up, it’s the Dredd Scott opinion all supporters of the constitution should be proud of.


Of course it didn't help that he didn't even know how to spell Dred Scott or that he used an already overturned precedent to try to prove that precedent is not proof of the law. Or maybe he was thinking about Judge Dredd?
"Just knowing we're in the same genus makes me embarrassed to call myself Homo." Professor Farnsworth

User avatar
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies
Posts: 3497
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2003 7:02 am
Contact:

Re: One step @ a time (Marc Stevens)

Postby grixit » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:26 am

Judge Dredd Scott will lay down some separate and unequal justice!
I voted for Hillary, and i didn't even get a stupid tshirt!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4

User avatar
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Posts: 6310
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2003 7:39 pm

Re: One step @ a time (Marc Stevens)

Postby wserra » Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:34 am

Stevens' bullshit once again bites the dust; Stevens acolyte goes to jail. Read all about it.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume

User avatar
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Posts: 6310
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2003 7:39 pm

Re: One step @ a time (Marc Stevens)

Postby wserra » Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:36 am

grixit wrote:Judge Dredd Scott will lay down some separate and unequal justice!


Just noticed that. I realize that it doesn't fit the thread as well, but you're thinking of Judge Plessy. Or Judge Ferguson.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume


Return to “US”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest