Troy Beam

Donald Bailey

Re: Troy Beam/Duke2Earl

Post by Donald Bailey »

How do I locate this new "thread" about Bailey's Lament? I said before, I am new, a novice, re computers,computer lingo etc. and I have to say to myself it's something else I don't understand. Otherwise, there is apparently a way for someone out there to not allow "some" messages I send to not be seen and read even though I am notified that my message/comments was successfully sent/submitted.
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Re: Troy Beam/Duke2Earl

Post by webhick »

Donald Bailey wrote:How do I locate this new "thread" about Bailey's Lament? I said before, I am new, a novice, re computers,computer lingo etc. and I have to say to myself it's something else I don't understand. Otherwise, there is apparently a way for someone out there to not allow "some" messages I send to not be seen and read even though I am notified that my message/comments was successfully sent/submitted.
The discussion with you was split off from this thread into a new one (since it was really off-topic). The new thread is located here. When the moderator created the thread to house the posts split off from this one, they titled the thread "Bailey's Lament."
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Re: Troy Beam

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

More hijinks ensue:

http://www.shipnc.com/articles/2011/06/ ... 965144.txt
A local developer who was convicted of tax evasion in federal court in May has been using some free time before his August sentencing to grill the IRS with the help of his Congressman.
:Axe:
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
LaVidaRoja
Basileus Quatlooseus

Post by LaVidaRoja »

Schuster's been in office 10 years. I'm suprised his aide who deals with the IRS didn't recognize a TD letter when he got one. He may have been VERY clever in his wording. TAO will likely just respond with a form letter.
Little boys who tell lies grow up to be weathermen.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Or, more likely, a very new and / or dumb aid who didn't know any better and soon will, or more likely, will be looking for a new job.

Well now he has a conviction, and I suspect it is more a case of the IRS not giving him the answers he wanted, so they, of course, didn't answer his questions. Now where have we heard that line before?
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

The Shippensburg News-Chronicle wrote: Court records show Troy Beam, 47, of Hopewell Township, asked U.S. Rep. Bill Shuster, R-PA, to “get me answers from the IRS that I was not able to get in the last 14 years,” and that Shuster cooperated, forwarding Beam’s questions with a cover letter asking a congressional liaison in the Taxpayer Advocate Service in Philadelphia for “any assistance you can offer in this matter.”
On a scale of 10, where 1 is a form letter that says "thank you for your correspondence, we will look into your concerns" and 10 is the Keating 5 attempting to bully a regulator in person, this is a 2.
The Shippensburg News-Chronicle wrote:Beam is free on $50,000 bail until his Aug. 12 sentencing, restricted to his farmhouse overnight and wearing an ankle monitor.
As i asked in a previous case, in which the convicted ended up fleeing, why?
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Judge Roy Bean

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

grixit wrote:...
The Shippensburg News-Chronicle wrote:Beam is free on $50,000 bail until his Aug. 12 sentencing, restricted to his farmhouse overnight and wearing an ankle monitor.
As i asked in a previous case, in which the convicted ended up fleeing, why?
IMHO, a lot of it depends on who put up his bail.
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

PENNSYLVANIA TAX DEFIER SENTENCED
TO MORE THAN SIX YEARS IN PRISON

Former State Auditor Convicted Of Tax Evasion, Obstructing and Impeding IRS

WASHINGTON -- Troy A. Beam of Shippensburg, Pa., was sentenced today to 74 months in prison by U.S. District Judge Christopher C. Conner, the Justice Department and the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) announced. On May 4, 2011, a federal jury in the Middle District of Pennsylvania convicted Beam of tax evasion, obstructing and impeding the due administration of the Internal Revenue laws, and willful failure to file federal income tax returns.

According to evidence introduced at trial, Beam, a former certified public accountant and state auditor in the Pennsylvania Auditor General’s Office, earned substantial sums of income from 1992 to the date of the indictment while operating a home construction business known as “Sunbeam Builders,” as well as owning and operating two real estate businesses known as “Latrobe Leasing” and “Goldstar Property Management” that purchased, rented and sold real estate. Despite earning substantial income from these businesses, as well as other activities, Beam failed to file any federal income tax returns since April 1996, when he filed his 1995 tax return reporting a loss. In April 1996, Beam also filed false amended federal income tax returns for 1992, 1993 and 1994, seeking tax refunds for taxes he previously had paid for those years.

The evidence at trial proved that from 1999 to 2007, Beam earned more than $10.3 million in gross income from his various home construction and rental property businesses. Beam obstructed the IRS in its attempt to calculate and collect his taxes by using numerous sham trusts and other entities, including North Star Investment Holdings Ltd. to hide his income and assets. He used North Star to set up a bank account in the Cayman Islands into which he deposited nearly $3 million of income derived from his construction business.

“Convictions such as this send a loud and clear message that those who defy our nation's tax laws will be investigated and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law,” said Kathryn M. Keneally, Assistant Attorney General of the Justice Department's Tax Division.

“The evidence showed beyond a reasonable doubt that Troy Beam is a consummate fraud and hypocrite who evaded his responsibilities as a citizen while participating in a charade to deceive the government, other citizens and himself for his own selfish ends,” said Peter J. Smith, U.S. Attorney for the Middle District of Pennsylvania.

“The use of abusive trust schemes and sham entities intended to conceal income from the IRS isn't tax planning; it’s criminal activity,” said Rick A. Raven, Acting Chief, IRS Criminal Investigation. “As the tax filing season comes to a close, it’s more important than ever that the American people feel confident that everyone is paying the taxes they owe.”

This case was investigated by IRS-Criminal Investigation and was prosecuted by Assistant U.S.s Attorney Bruce Brandler and Trial Attorneys Jorge Almonte and Mark McDonald of the Tax Division.
Demo.
Duke2Earl
Eighth Operator of the Delusional Mooloo

Post by Duke2Earl »

P.S. When I split off the new tread... absolutely no messages were deleted... they were just moved to a new thread.
My choice early in life was to either be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politican. And to tell the truth there's hardly any difference.

Harry S Truman