Hendrickson Conviction Aff'd; Sentencing Remanded

wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Re: Hendrickson Conviction Aff'd; Sentencing Remanded

Post by wserra »

LPC wrote:I may have the dates wrong, but my impression is that, if Hendrickson files for certiorari with the Supreme Court, he could actually delay his own release.
A cert petition must be filed within 90 days of the judgment or order, not of the mandate. Supreme Court Rule 13. While Hendrickson's rehearing blather might have delayed the mandate had it been timely, the clock for the cert petition would still be running. The date of the affirmance was February 8, 2012. A cert petition definitely won't delay the mandate, and so I doubt it would delay the resentence.

More blather in the Sixth Circuit, on the other hand . . .
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
wserra

Post by wserra »

jcolvin2 wrote:The mandate was issued on March 12. From the district court docket:

03/12/2012 92 MANDATE from U.S. Court of Appeals - Sixth Circuit as to 70 Notice of Appeal filed by Peter Eric Hendrickson, Doreen M. Hendrickson [Appeal Case Number 10-1824] (KKra) (Entered: 03/13/2012)
That's the injunction/contempt case. The criminal appeal is 10-1726. No mandate yet.

I know, I know, Hendrickson loses so many you need a scorecard.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

At the rate he is going, he is still going to be appealing a sentence he has already served and been released from, but since he obviously has no sense whatsoever, why should this come as a surprise? :brickwall:
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
jcolvin2
Grand Master Consul of Quatloosia

Post by jcolvin2 »

wserra wrote:
jcolvin2 wrote:The mandate was issued on March 12. From the district court docket:

03/12/2012 92 MANDATE from U.S. Court of Appeals - Sixth Circuit as to 70 Notice of Appeal filed by Peter Eric Hendrickson, Doreen M. Hendrickson [Appeal Case Number 10-1824] (KKra) (Entered: 03/13/2012)
That's the injunction/contempt case. The criminal appeal is 10-1726. No mandate yet.

I know, I know, Hendrickson loses so many you need a scorecard.
My bad. The timing seemed right - about 45 days from the Sixth Circuit opinion in the criminal case. It does make sense that the Circuit would hold the mandate until it ruled on the (late) Petition for Rehearing.
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

LPC wrote:I may have the dates wrong, but my impression is that, if Hendrickson files for certiorari with the Supreme Court, he could actually delay his own release.
Which, of course, in the Hendricksonian Universe, would be a victory for him!

:Axe:
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
ashlynne39
Illuminated Legate of Illustrious Legs

Post by ashlynne39 »

Has anyone broken the news at Lost Minds yet?
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

ashlynne39 wrote:Has anyone broken the news at Lost Minds yet?
I don't think so.

By the way, the losthorizons web site appears to be "down" right now (about 1:00 pm central time, Saturday, March 24, 2012).
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Dr. Caligari
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Crickets

Post by Dr. Caligari »

Famspear wrote:
ashlynne39 wrote:Has anyone broken the news at Lost Minds yet?
I don't think so.

By the way, the losthorizons web site appears to be "down" right now (about 1:00 pm central time, Saturday, March 24, 2012).
Still down late Sunday afternoon. But I visited the site Friday and--more than a month and a half after the Appeals Court's ruling-- no one had a clue. Which, I guess, is a good summary of Lost Horizons: tax law for the clueless.
Dr. Caligari
(Du musst Caligari werden!)
notorial dissent

Actually, they're pretty much all around clueless, no real specialization that I have been able to discern.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Assuming Pete manages to get out of prison, and stay out long enough to return to LH, we need to get a pool going on the members he exiles for straying from the "Pete is all and knows all, and anything else is heresy" dogma.

My picks for early banishment:

Skankbeat for "common law"

Libre (the idiot of many names) for the Van Pelt Collection
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

Gregg wrote:Assuming Pete manages to get out of prison, and stay out long enough to return to LH, we need to get a pool going on the members he exiles for straying from the "Pete is all and knows all, and anything else is heresy" dogma.

My picks for early banishment:

Skankbeat for "common law"

Libre (the idiot of many names) for the Van Pelt Collection
I second both of those picks.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Just to refresh my memory, is Pete in contempt on the order to file returns for the years he was convicted for? If he is, will that prevent his release?
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

I notice that Preposterous Pete's web site has now been down for (at least) over four days (since at least mid-day Saturday).

:cry:
Dezcad
Khedive Ismail Quatoosia

Post by Dezcad »

Resentencing is set for 4/11/12 @1PM:
03/27/2012 124 MANDATE from U.S. Court of Appeals - Sixth Circuit as to Peter Hendrickson re 104 Notice of Appeal filed by Peter Hendrickson [Appeal Case Number 10-1726] (KKra) (Entered: 03/28/2012)
03/28/2012 125 ORDER SETTING DATE FOR RESENTENCING as to Peter Hendrickson. ( Resentencing set for 4/11/2012 01:00 PM before District Judge Gerald E. Rosen). Signed by District Judge Gerald E. Rosen. (RGun) (Entered: 03/28/2012)
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

Dezcad wrote:Resentencing is set for 4/11/12 @1PM....
And the Haughty Hendrickson's losthorizons "Cracking the Code" tax scam internet forum has now been down for over 120 hours.

I'm sure this will be the first thing Pete will fix when he gets out of prison.

:wink:
Dr. Caligari
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Crickets

Post by Dr. Caligari »

Famspear wrote:I notice that Preposterous Pete's web site has now been down for (at least) over four days (since at least mid-day Saturday).
I'm wondering if his lawyer advised that it be shut down until after the re-sentencing.
Dr. Caligari
(Du musst Caligari werden!)
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

Dr. Caligari wrote:
Famspear wrote:I notice that Preposterous Pete's web site has now been down for (at least) over four days (since at least mid-day Saturday).
I'm wondering if his lawyer advised that it be shut down until after the re-sentencing.
I doubt his lawyer advised him to delete one of the three files (or is it two...can't remember) related to the sessions table on his phpBB installation which would effectively bring the forum down for technical reasons. Especially since the forum seemed unstable prior to this error. Database was probably restored from a corrupted backup.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
notorial dissent

Dr. Caligari wrote:
Seriously???? Hendrickson actually follow the advice of counsel??? Seriously??? The next thing you'll be telling me is that the House of Representatives has come to an agreement that the sun is shining outside.
rogfulton
Caveat Venditor
Location: No longer behind the satellite dish, second door along - in fact, not even in the same building.

Post by rogfulton »

notorial dissent wrote: Seriously???? Hendrickson actually follow the advice of counsel??? Seriously??? The next thing you'll be telling me is that the House of Representatives has come to an agreement that the sun is shining outside.
Depends on what your definition of 'is' is. :roll:
"No man is above the law and no man is below it; nor do we ask any man's permission when we require him to obey it. Obedience to the law is demanded as a right; not asked as a favor."
- President Theodore Roosevelt
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

I don't see how Hendrickson can possibly get himself to accept the advice of his counsel. To do so, he would have to admit that he has been a huge [southbound end of a northbound horse], and that he has made a train wreck of his life.

I think that he'll essentially "double down on 'Stupid'". it's all he has left.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools