Dry Land TP

jcolvin2
Grand Master Consul of Quatloosia

Dry Land TP

Post by jcolvin2 »

https://www.ustaxcourt.gov/InternetOrde ... 2&Todays=Y

In CDP case, the Tax Court Judge Holmes found on summary judgment that the taxpayer's 2005 liability was not discharged in a prior bankrupcy. Best parts of order:

In his petition -- signed under section 1-308 of the Uniform Commercial
Code, as if that meant anything in a tax case -- Mr. Largent referred to some
exhibits. These exhibits featured a "conditional acceptance" and a "special
appearance." The conditional acceptance lists dozens of frivolous arguments in the
form of a sentence or two followed by an irrelevant citation or quote. See, e.g.,
para. 48 ("Proof of claim that I am not entitled to all rights which formerly belong
to the King by his prerogative
.")

And, in any event, Mr. Largent didn't actually pursue any of these rational
arguments in his CDP hearing, instead choosing to challenge the IRS's authority to
collect taxes under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act. That Act, of course,
does not apply. See 15 U.S.C. § 1692a(6) (the term "debt collector" does not
include "any officer or employee of the United States or any State to the extent that
collecting or attempting to collect any debt is in the performance of his official
duties").

Mr. Largent's answer to the Commissioner's motion features another few dozen frivolous arguments. For example,

Also, that I am a Human Being, (permanent resident of
'Planet Earth') . . . I live on the dry land of Arizona in its
dejure capacity as one of the several states, I am not and
have never been a United States ®
[Mr. Largent appears
to believe that the United States is a registered
trademark] citizen of any foreign or domestic municipal
corporation
. . .
. . . I am, a natural born, (American National) State
Citizen of the republic of Arizona, in its dejure capacity
as one of the several states of the Union 1789.

We think the reference to "dry land" might refer to the tax-protester
argument that Tax Court is somehow an admiralty court, and the business about
state citizenship is an old chestnut that only Americans acquiring citizenship under
the Fourteenth Amendment need to pay taxes. Such arguments have uniformly
been rejected. See, e.g., United States v. Saunders, 951 F.2d 1065, 1068-69 (9th
Cir. 1991); United States v. Studley, 783 F.2d 934, 937 (9th Cir. 1986).
Omne
Pirates Mate
Pirates Mate

Re: Dry Land TP

Post by Omne »

jcolvin2 wrote:[url] These exhibits featured a "conditional acceptance" and a "special
appearance."
One of my favorite memories. US District Court in Minnesota, Judge Edward Devitt.

The protester stood up and said " I'm making a special appearance". Devitt kind of smiled, leaned back in his chair, looked at the protester and said " What's so special about it?" followed by dead silence and a confused protester.... :lol:
LaVidaRoja
Basileus Quatlooseus

Post by LaVidaRoja »

He was actually fortunate to have his case disposed of by order. No tiral = no sanctions/penalties! VICTORY!!
Little boys who tell lies grow up to be weathermen.
jkeeb
Pirate Judge of Which Things Work

Post by jkeeb »

I'm pretty sure the dry-land argument does work in Nevada, but Arizona receives .3 inches of rain on average more.
Remember that CtC is about the rule of law.

John J. Bulten
Prof
El Pontificator de Porceline Precepts

Post by Prof »

And I am pretty certain that AZ was a part of the Kingdom of Spain in 1789 and not a de jure or any other sort of State of the US.
I am, a natural born, (American National) State
"My Health is Better in November."
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Prof wrote:And I am pretty certain that AZ was a part of the Kingdom of Spain in 1789 and not a de jure or any other sort of State of the US.
Good point. If I were the judge and once I read that, I would have ordered him remanded into the custody of the Spanish Inquisition.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

The Observer wrote:
Prof wrote:And I am pretty certain that AZ was a part of the Kingdom of Spain in 1789 and not a de jure or any other sort of State of the US.
Good point. If I were the judge and once I read that, I would have ordered him remanded into the custody of the Spanish Inquisition.
Which, of course, he would never expect.

No one expects the Spanish Inquisition.

:whistle:
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Dr. Caligari
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Crickets

Post by Dr. Caligari »

I love this part:
Judge Holmes wrote:In his petition -- signed under section 1-308 of the Uniform Commercial
Code, as if that meant anything in a tax case
-- Mr. Largent referred to some
exhibits.
Dr. Caligari
(Du musst Caligari werden!)
Arthur Rubin
Tupa-O-Quatloosia

Post by Arthur Rubin »

jcolvin2 wrote: (quoting the Court quoting a "non"-taxpayer)
Also, that I am a Human Being, (permanent resident of
'Planet Earth') . . . I live on the dry land of Arizona in its
dejure capacity as one of the several states, I am not and
have never been a United States ®
[Mr. Largent appears
to believe that the United States is a registered
trademark] citizen of any foreign or domestic municipal
corporation
. . .
I believe the taxpayer is "all wet"... :whistle:
Last edited by notorial dissent on Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited to fix formatting
Arthur Rubin, unemployed tax preparer and aerospace engineer
ImageJoin the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

Butterflies are free. T-shirts are $19.95 $24.95 $29.95
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

I am, a natural born, (American National) State
C'mon now, Prof -- why should we expect mere facts to intrude on a wonderfully unhinged political fantasy?
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

Arthur Rubin wrote:I believe the taxpayer is "all wet"... :whistle:
Or at least doesn't have both oars in the water.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Lambkin
Warder of the Quatloosian Gibbet

Post by Lambkin »

Perhaps the TP prefers the tax rates and options for employment and home loans in Spain.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Re Prof, From about 1539 to 1821 AZ was part of the empire of Spain, from 1821 to 1847 it was part of the Republic of Mexico and from 1847 to 1863 was US territory, and in 1863 became Arizona Territory which lasted until statehood in 1912 and was the last continental territory in the US, and the last continental state added to the Union.
Pottapaug1938 wrote:C'mon now, Prof -- why should we expect mere facts to intrude on a wonderfully unhinged political fantasy?
And heaven forfend reality or sanity should intrude along the way.
wserra wrote:
Arthur Rubin wrote:I believe the taxpayer is "all wet"... :whistle:
Or at least doesn't have both oars in the water.
In AZ he'd be hard put to have either or any oars in the water for the most part. With the exception of one heck of a river and a couple of man made lakes there isn't much of the wet stuff down there in any quantity. Maybe that explains some of what seems to regularly go on down there.
Lambkin wrote:Perhaps the TP prefers the tax rates and options for employment and home loans in Spain.
I seem to remember that Spain is currently a bit cash poor, so I suspect they are taking a very dim view of tax cheats, and as I recall, their tax laws are little improved from the days of the Inquisition. I don't think he would find it a heartening experience. I also seem to remember that the old Spanish attitudes towards tax scofflaws wasn't anything to friendly either, something about whips and pillories???
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Prof

Post by Prof »

Arizona was the last of the "lower 48," my friend. Alaska was the last CONTINENTAL state (1959).
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Last time I checked, AK wasn't part of contiguous US territory, any more than HI was, Canada is kind of in between.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Prof

Post by Prof »

notorial dissent wrote:Last time I checked, AK wasn't part of contiguous US territory, any more than HI was, Canada is kind of in between.
But you said that Alaska was:
the last continental territory
Last time I looked, Alaska was located on the North American Continental Land Mass. Did Gov. Palin dig a ditch?
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

notorial dissent wrote:Last time I checked, AK wasn't part of contiguous US territory, any more than HI was, Canada is kind of in between.
None of the posts claimed that Alaska was part of the contiguous states. Doc, correctly, said it was the last continental. Arizona was the last contiguous state (all immediately adjacent, as Doc said the lower 48), Alsaka was the last continental state (as in North America, British Columbia and the Yukon count as a continental connectors), Hawaii the most recent state.

British Columbia, my province, has about half of what would have otherwise been its coastline owned by Alaska in a narrow strip just wide enough to block access. It was those damn Russian sealers. Your pennies per acre purchase was the best deal you ever made, apart from Palin being eventually part of the package.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs