IRS: The Federal Mafia?

SaintAlbans1

IRS: The Federal Mafia?

Post by SaintAlbans1 »

Sorry, didn't know the people here were lunatics.
Last edited by SaintAlbans1 on Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Re: IRS: The Federal Mafia?

Post by Demosthenes »

A former Atwater tax preparer was sentenced Monday to nine years in prison in Fresno's federal court on fraud charges.

Michael S. Ioane was convicted by a jury last year on one count of conspiring to defraud the United States and four counts of presenting fictitious documents.
Read more here: http://www.mercedsunstar.com/2012/01/30 ... rylink=cpy
Demo.
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

SaintAlbans1: first, welcome to Quatloos.

Second, please understand that mere assertions of government malfeasance and imputations of evil motives to the IRS, prosecutors and judges don't cut much ice here (if any) unless they are supported by appellate case law which indicates either that the assertions have been upheld as good law in previous cases, or based on holdings in similar cases they are likely to prevail in this one. Be careful not to simply lift quotations out of court opinions without saying more, because often these quotations do not involve the holding -- or the core decision of the court in question; they are merely "dicta", or explanations of the holding in the case.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

According to the BoP inmate locator, there is currently no one named Michael Ioane in custody, so it's possible (actually likely) that the original poster is Ioane himself.

We've seen him post under assumed names before, and this latest screed sounds self-interested as well as deranged and dishonest, so it would be in character.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Olsenfin

Post by Olsenfin »

StAlbans1:

Yawn!
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

SaintAlbans post is just a cut and paste from here;

http://michaelsioane.wordpress.com/cate ... onspiracy/
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
Kestrel
Endangerer of Stupid Species

Post by Kestrel »

The original post on this thread is a cut-and-paste job from the "Friends of Michael Ioane" weblog.

Here is the USDOJ official announcement of Ioane's 2012 sentencing:
Merced County Tax Promoter Sentenced To 9 Years In Prison

I found a Motion for Release Pending Appeal, case #12-10068. It appears to have been granted.

I also found a Hawaii District Court matter, 00-00147, decision appealed as case #02-10050, listed on LexisNexis with a Michael S. Ioane (same person perhaps?) convicted of conspiracy to possess, and possession with intent to distribute methamphetamine; Judgment of the district court affirmed by the 9th Circuit.
"Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig." - Robert Heinlein
Lambkin
Warder of the Quatloosian Gibbet

Post by Lambkin »

I love how crooks become saints in their own minds. Victim status is clearly a universal right.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

The Ninth Circuit - y'know, "Malfeasance, corruption, criminal breaking and entering, witness tampering/threatening, theft, blackmail, slander and libel, extortion, collusion to commit crimes or to tamper with evidence" - has ordered Ioane released on bail pending appeal:
Appellant’s motion for bail pending appeal is granted. Appellant has shown, by clear and convincing evidence, that appellant is not likely to flee or to pose a danger to the safety of any other person or the community if released. Appellant has also shown that the appeal raises a “substantial question” of law or fact that is “fairly debatable,” and that “if that substantial question is determined favorably to defendant on appeal, that decision is likely to result in reversal or an order for a new trial of all counts on which imprisonment has been imposed.” United States v. Handy, 761 F.2d 1279, 1283 (9th Cir. 1985); see also 18 U.S.C. § 3143(b).

The matter is remanded to the district court for the limited purpose of establishing appropriate conditions of release.
Thank God for all that court corruption, eh, Michael?

Since the Circuit doesn't say, and I was curious as to what substantial question of law Ioane raised, I took a look at his papers. His two main points are speedy trial and the denial of a motion to suppress based on the alleged overbreadth of a search warrant.

Not exactly a claim of innocence.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
SaintAlbans1

Post by SaintAlbans1 »

Demosthenes wrote:
A former Atwater tax preparer was sentenced Monday to nine years in prison in Fresno's federal court on fraud charges.

Michael S. Ioane was convicted by a jury last year on one count of conspiring to defraud the United States and four counts of presenting fictitious documents.
Read more here: http://www.mercedsunstar.com/2012/01/30 ... rylink=cpy
Yes? But he was also released. And he was also jailed wrongfully. And there's a whole bunch of legal docs to back it up. And no. I am NOT Mike Iaone. Just a journalist.
SaintAlbans1

Post by SaintAlbans1 »

CaptainKickback wrote:On appeal, the court determined he was NOT denied the right to a speedy trial. I imagine his other "issue" met the same fate.
Yes? Well the court system is corrupt. Something I am sure NEVER happens in the world of Quattloos...I mean pirate llamas with knives in their teeth simply laugh at injustice! Because injustices doesn't exist! haha! Bueno!
SaintAlbans1

Post by SaintAlbans1 »

LPC wrote:According to the BoP inmate locator, there is currently no one named Michael Ioane in custody, so it's possible (actually likely) that the original poster is Ioane himself.

We've seen him post under assumed names before, and this latest screed sounds self-interested as well as deranged and dishonest, so it would be in character.
Uh, that's because they let him go. Because he was unjustly imprisoned. And no, I am not him. But thanks!
Lambkin
Warder of the Quatloosian Gibbet

Post by Lambkin »

SaintAlbans1 wrote:And no. I am NOT Mike Iaone. Just a journalist.
What do you call a journalist who does a bit of cut-and-paste from a crook's press releases? Either a "sock puppet" or something even more pathetic.
SaintAlbans1

Post by SaintAlbans1 »

Lambkin wrote:I love how crooks become saints in their own minds. Victim status is clearly a universal right.
First of all you are not a judge, so you cannot condemn others of being "criminals." Secondly, often the innocent are simply innocent, in their own minds and in the minds of others. Often people convicted of major crimes, some of whom are even executed, are found later to have been wholly innocent. Of course inhumane "judges" like yourself, who I am sure is a saint in your own mind, are the ones who convict without even looking at the case. Huzzah! Guess it must feel good to be the King.
SaintAlbans1

Post by SaintAlbans1 »

Lambkin wrote:
SaintAlbans1 wrote:And no. I am NOT Mike Iaone. Just a journalist.
What do you call a journalist who does a bit of cut-and-paste from a crook's press releases? Either a "sock puppet" or something even more pathetic.
Prove I have cut and pasted anything from anywhere, you are not concerned with the truth, sir. If you were you would PROVE your indictment, instead of out right lying. :lol:

I can tell I hit a nerve when I get all this flash and flame stuff from "uninterested" parties. Again, bring proof. Or shut it.
SaintAlbans1

Post by SaintAlbans1 »

Burnaby49 wrote:SaintAlbans post is just a cut and paste from here;

http://michaelsioane.wordpress.com/cate ... onspiracy/
Actually I WROTE it. So I get to cut and paste it here. get it?
SaintAlbans1

Post by SaintAlbans1 »

Pottapaug1938 wrote:SaintAlbans1: first, welcome to Quatloos.

Second, please understand that mere assertions of government malfeasance and imputations of evil motives to the IRS, prosecutors and judges don't cut much ice here (if any) unless they are supported by appellate case law which indicates either that the assertions have been upheld as good law in previous cases, or based on holdings in similar cases they are likely to prevail in this one. Be careful not to simply lift quotations out of court opinions without saying more, because often these quotations do not involve the holding -- or the core decision of the court in question; they are merely "dicta", or explanations of the holding in the case.
I was going to start posting the docs here. But it is clear that this is a flame group dedicated to, not listening to the truth, but flaming anyone who goes against the IRS. Sorry. I've fought the IRS for years. They are worse than the mob. And I am also now done with this site. As all I am getting is lies, flames and a lot of heat for writing something in reference to a man everyone here hates simply because the reportage on him was negative. As if everything the courts and government does it right and just. When we all know it is not.
Farewell, goodfellows.
Kestrel
Endangerer of Stupid Species

Post by Kestrel »

SaintAlbans1 wrote:Yes? But he was also released. And he was also jailed wrongfully. And there's a whole bunch of legal docs to back it up. And no. I am NOT Mike Iaone. Just a journalist.
The prisons are stuffed full of people who were jailed wrongfully. Just ask them.

Your boy was released pending appeal. That's different. His appeal hasn't been adjudicated yet, nor has his conviction been overturned, so his time in jail was not wrongful.

If you've got an official court order which says otherwise, PROVE IT. Or shut it.
"Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig." - Robert Heinlein
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

SaintAlbans1 wrote:
CaptainKickback wrote:On appeal, the court determined he was NOT denied the right to a speedy trial. I imagine his other "issue" met the same fate.
Yes? Well the court system is corrupt. Something I am sure NEVER happens in the world of Quattloos...I mean pirate llamas with knives in their teeth simply laugh at injustice! Because injustices doesn't exist! haha! Bueno!
I thought you liked pirates, Dave.
Demo.
wserra

Post by wserra »

That's not so. Ioane's opening brief isn't even due until July 13, 2012.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume