Ed and Elaine Brown fan arrested trying to blow up gas line

Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Ed and Elaine Brown fan arrested trying to blow up gas line

Post by Demosthenes »

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Plano- ... 90885.html
FBI court documents identify Anson Chi as the man suspected of trying to blow up a gas line in Plano earlier this week.

The FBI filed a criminal complaint against Chi, 33, on Wednesday for possession of an explosive device.

Chi was found severely injured near an Atmos Energy gas line along West Parker Road on Monday after an explosion.

He originally told police he was hit by a car, but evidence at the scene indicated he was trying to tamper with the natural gas system when a homemade bomb he was carrying detonated.
Demo.
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Re: Ed and Elaine Brown fan arrested trying to blow up gas l

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

And now, we have another clown with grandiose dreams, seeking to reinvent himself as a Warrion Against The Evil System instead of admitting that he IS a p*ssant loser....
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

From the Associated Press, via the June 22nd Washington Post (excerpt):
A man accused of trying to blow up a natural gas pipeline in a Dallas suburb has lashed out against the government in YouTube and Facebook postings and is wanted for a probation violation in California on a concealed weapons conviction.

Federal prosecutors have charged Anson Chi with possessing an explosive device, after authorities say he detonated a bomb at a natural gas regulator station in the Dallas suburb of Plano late Sunday. Chi was critically injured in the blast, which caused minimal damage to the station.......
http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/ ... story.html

EDIT: More from the article, quoting Chi:
“So until I see that law, this is what I am going to do,” Chi said as he then ripped up a 1040 tax form. “I will not file nor will I pay a single penny in income tax until I see the law. So let’s all stand together and fight the inequities of our government, as well as their corruption and exploitation of our rights and civil liberties.”
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

Wikipedia has had a very brief article on this guy for some time, but now the article is growing. An excerpt:
According to the Associated Press, court records in Orange County, California indicate that Chi had pleaded guilty in 2008 to a concealed weapons charge, and that his probation was revoked in 2009. He allegedly had been listed as a fugitive. Chi also faced a charge in Collin County, Texas, for allegedly failing to identify himself as a fugitive.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/ ... story.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anson_Chi
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

It appears that in July of 2007, Anson Chi posted weblog comments about the late Tommy Cryer, and claimed to have attended Cryer's criminal tax trial:

http://truthworldorder.blogspot.com/200 ... uilty.html
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

he detonated a bomb at a natural gas regulator station in the Dallas suburb of Plano late Sunday. Chi was critically injured in the blast
but, should he expire, his consolation prize is a likely Darwin Award.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Doktor Avalanche
Asst Secretary, the Dept of Jesters

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

Oh, that's really smart - let's set off a gas pipeline that moves millions of cubic meters of natural gas turning everything within a mile into a smoking crater and asphyxiates everybody within 5 miles of the blast.

The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

Let's just say ye olde hard drive is loaded with Anson brainfarts.
Demo.
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

First, this guy bungled a bomb so it blew up on him.

Second, this guy was trying to blow up a significant chunk of Plano, Texas, a place that could hardly be affected by more infrastructure damage, but it does indicate a wanton disregard of innocent human life.

Does anyone have any clue as to his motive??
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

fortinbras wrote:Does anyone have any clue as to his motive??
He had a scheduled court appearance this week for failing to identify himself to Texas law enforcement and had outstanding warrants for his arrest in California on gun charges.
Demo.
Lambkin
Warder of the Quatloosian Gibbet

Post by Lambkin »

fortinbras wrote:Does anyone have any clue as to his motive??
Wind Power Liberation Front?
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

I just found the location of the incident, at the intersection of West Parker Road and Jeremes Landing in Plano, Texas. On Google Earth, go to Latitude 33 degrees, 2 minutes, 28.44 seconds North, at Longitude 96 degrees, 45 minutes, 52.86 seconds West. Right in the middle of a residential area.

If this guy did what they are alleging, he is a psychopath.

From the affidavit included with the federal criminal complaint:
On 06/17/12 at 2345 hrs, officers with the Plano Police Department Patrol Division were dispatched to the area of West Parker Road and Starlight Trail[,] Plano, Collin County, Texas in reference to a possible shooting call. While enroute to the location, Plano Police Dispatch advised responding officers that the call had been changed to a hit and run accident involving a pedestrian. Dispatch futher updated responding officers that residents in the immediate area had heard a loud explosion.

Upon arrrival [sic] at the scene, Officer [name redacted] of the Plano Police Department Patrol Division interviewed JK and LAD, who were present at the scene. JK and LAD advised Officer [redacted] that they observed a man to be screaming and standing on West Parker Road near Starlight Trail and then fall to the ground in the middle of the street. The injured subject had advised JK and LAD that he had been jogging down West Parker Road and had been struck by a vehicle. Officer [redacted] and responding officers began to investigate the call as an alleged traffic crash. The officers observed a blood trail which appeared to originate from a section of Atmos gas pipeline, which was located near the scene, along West Parker Road near the intersection of Jermes [sic; apparently should read "Jeremes"] Landing, Plano, Collin County, Texas. The subject was the only person present or injured at the scene and he was transported by Plano Fire Department personnel to Medical Center Plano for treatment. Officer [redacted] observed blood splatter on the Atmos gas pipeline pipes and on a wooden fence section that seperated [sic] the exposed pipes from an adjacent alleyway. Officer [redacted] further observed a large circular depression in the top surface in one of the pipes and Officer [redacted] could smell leaking natural gas. Based on his training and observations, Officer [redacted] summoned Atmos Gas and members of the Plano Police Department Bomb Squad.

Detective [redacted] of the Plano Police Department Bomb Squad responded to the scene along with Special Agents of the Federal Bureau of Investigations Bomb Team. Detective [redacted] observed the scene and based on his training and experience believed there was evidence present, at the Atmos pipeline on West Parker Road near Jermes [Jeremes] Landing, Plano, Collin County, Texas, which indicated the detonation of a improvised explosive device. Detective [redacted] observed the injuries to the unknown Asian male at Medical Center Plano, who was originally located at the scene. Detective [redacted] believes the subject was standing over an improvised explosive device, when the device detonated. This conclusion is based on the injuries observed by Detective [redacted] and the appearance of the subject having been wearing black nitrile gloves at the time of the improvised explosive device's detonation. Affiant was advised these observations by Detective [redacted] and these observations were based on Detective [redacted]'s training and experience.

Federal Bureau of Investigations fingerprint technians [sic] took the unknown subject's fingerprints at Medical Center Plano and submitted those fingerprints to A.F.I.S. (Automated Fingerprint Identification System) in an attempt to identify the subject. Detective [redacted] of the Plano Police Department Bomb Team was advised, that based on a comparision conducted by the automated fingerprint identification system, this comparison revealed the identity of the unknown subject to be Anson Chi [personal data redacted]. Detective [redacted] advised Affiant of these facts.

Detective [redacted] advised Affiant that he was informed of a Plano Police Department arrest report #2012-66158 from 04/12/12 and saw where Anson Chi [personal data redacted] had been arrested at the Walmart Supercenter located at 6000 Coit Road Plano, Collin County, Texas, on that date, for theft. Chi advised arresting officer, [name redacted] of the Plano Police Department Patrol Division, during Chi's book-in procedure that his address was [street address of residence of suspect Anson Chi redacted] Plano, Collin County, Texas.

Affiant then proceeded to [street address of residence of suspect redacted] Plano, Collin County, Texas, accompianed [sic] by Detective [name redacted] of the Plano Police Department [ . . . ] The resident was then identified as Anson Chi's mother, who stated that she owned the house with the subject's father and that the subject did reside at the location......
To shorten the story, the affiant states that the mother gave permission to search the suspect's room. Affiant asserts that the officers found numerous substances in the room [which I will not name here] consistent with the manufacture of homemade explosives, plus "manuals and books dealing with technological slavery and domestic terrorism....."

:|
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

This guy is about 33 years old and lives with his parents -- only about a mile and a half from the site of this incident.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

He was here when the bomb went off.

http://www.cheatingfrenzy.com/ansonchi -dot- jpg

Note - the cheatingfrenzy.com site has been hacked into - do not click on the image that appears if you fix the above and go to it.
Demo.
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

In addition to the California record and the arrest in connection with the alleged theft at Walmart in Plano, Texas, it appears that this guy also pleaded no contest in 1998 in San Angelo, Texas to a misdemeanor charge of theft of property with a value of between $50 and $500.
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

The pipe structure is also obvious in Google Street View. It is uncovered on the curb and open to public tampering as is shown in Demo's picture. Seems odd having it out in the open unprotected like that, I don't think that would be allowed in Canada. Any gas line around here that is above ground has to be enclosed in secured storage. A lot of work to break into them.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

Burnaby49 wrote:The pipe structure is also obvious in Google Street View. It is uncovered on the curb and open to public tampering as is shown in Demo's picture. Seems odd having it out in the open unprotected like that, I don't think that would be allowed in Canada. Any gas line around here that is above ground has to be enclosed in secured storage. A lot of work to break into them.
On Google Earth, you can see that the nearest residence to this is only about 77 feet away - just behind and slightly to the right of the pipe structure.

EDIT: No, wait. The house on the left side behind this is only 60 feet away -- about the distance from home plate to the pitcher's mound on a regulation baseball field.
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

The complaint in this case references the National Firearms Act, which is Chapter 53 (sections 5801 through 5872) of the Internal Revenue Code. Internal Revenue Code section 5861 provides (in part):
It shall be unlawful for any person—

[ . . . ]

(d) to receive or possess a firearm which is not registered to him in the National Firearms Registration and Transfer Record [ . . . ]
The term "firearm" includes certain things classified as a "destructive device" (Internal Revenue Code section 5845(a)(8)), which in turn is defined in section 5845(f) as (in part):
(1) any explosive, incendiary, or poison gas

(A) bomb,

(B) grenade,

(C) rocket having a propellent charge of more than four ounces,

(D) missile having an explosive or incendiary charge of more than one-quarter ounce,

(E) mine, or

(F) similar device [ . . . .]
Internal Revenue Code section 5871 provides:
Any person who violates or fails to comply with any provisions of this chapter shall, upon conviction, be fined not more than $10,000, or be imprisoned not more than ten years, or both.
The charge is as follows:
On or about June 18, 2012, in the Eastern District of Texas, Anson Chi, defendant, knowingly possessed a firearm, to wit, a destructive device manufactured through the use of chemicals and a combination of parts intended for use in converting a readily assembled explosive, not registered to him in the National Firearms Registration and Transfer Record, in violation of 26 U.S.C. §§ 5845, 5861(d), and 5871.
The complaint and related affidavit were filed in the case of United States v. Anson Chi, case no. 4:12mj253, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas (Plano Division). However, a docket has now been set up in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas (Dallas Division), under case no. 3:12-mj-00274-BH. A detention hearing is set for Tuesday, June 26th at 2:00 pm.
Doktor Avalanche
Asst Secretary, the Dept of Jesters

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

Demosthenes wrote:He was here when the bomb went off.

[image removed by moderator - domain name now points to spam site - 10/24/16]
Yup.

And that's about what blowing that up would look like, too.
Last edited by webhick on Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Remove image that is now invalid.
The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros