Greetings to all (Dale Eastman)

wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Re: Greetings to all.

Post by wserra »

Mr. Eastman wrote:
wserra wrote:
Mr. Eastman wrote:Can't or won't answer a yes/no question with a yes or no.
Do you enjoy looking like an idiot in public? Please answer a yes/no question with a yes or no.
No.
Good.

Then why don't you just stop doing it?
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
wserra

Post by wserra »

Demosthenes wrote:Dale, what detax scheme are you hyping these days?
It appears that - likely among many other things - he's the latest in the line of illiterates who don't know what "includes" means.
- David Hume
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Mr. Eastman, what you don't know would fill volumes; and the way that you structure your quotes of my posts is proof that you are seeking only to weave your biases into the discussion and distort the posts of others for your own apparent benefit.

The reason why I will not give a yes or no answer to your question has nothing to do with my having been a lawyer; it has to do with the fact that I don't trust you half as far as I could throw my Hudson Bay axe. You ask a very general question; and unless we are having a purely intellectual and philosophical discussion any yes or no answer is meaningless. You obviously have some motivation for asking your question; so I am calling your hand.

What makes you ask that question? Why do you ask?
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

Famspear wrote:Clue: Your first post indicates that you came here to stir up a "hornet's nest", as you put it.
Mr. Eastman wrote:Just my being here does that.
Ah, so when you go even further and actually bless us by posing your questions, it's just like icing on the cake for everybody, isn't it?

As others have noted here, Dale, the answer to your question is: Yes, it is legally possible for you to give something to someone else that you yourself do not possess.

In fact, in a narrow, technical, legal sense, it is possible for you, a private individual, to direct a disposition of property when you don't even own the property yourself (I'm not talking about the government taking someone's property or anything like that).

For example, let's think about a trust (an arrangement whereby one person, called a trustee, holds legal title for the use and benefit of another person, called a beneficiary). Let's say that Bob is the Trustee and Mary is the beneficiary of our trust. It is legally possible in certain circumstances for the trust to have been set up so that an individual -- let's call him Joe (who is neither the trustee nor the beneficiary of the trust) -- to direct that the ownership of certain property in the trust be transferred to someone else, even though Joe has no legal right to the property himself, and has no right to transfer the property to himself, to his own estate, to his creditors, or to the creditors of his estate.

Dale, do you know what Joe "has" here? Do you know the technical legal term for what Joe has here?
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Cathulhu
Order of the Quatloos, Brevet First Class

Post by Cathulhu »

Guys, you know perfectly well that his reason for asking his "question" is so he can enlighten all and sundry with his opinion, regardless of facts. Since he's suckering idiots into paying him to screw up their lives, he wants the free PR.
Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to. T. Pratchett
Always be a moving target. L.M. Bujold
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

Cathulhu wrote:Guys, you know perfectly well that his reason for asking his "question" is so he can enlighten all and sundry with his opinion, regardless of facts. Since he's suckering idiots into paying him to screw up their lives, he wants the free PR.
If Dale Eastman is receiving any money from other sucker/idiots, it's news to me. As far as I know, this is a manifestation of some sort of childhood problem with Mommie or Daddy that has carried over, as a psychological problem, as a transference, into his adult years.

Dale is, of course, eager to "enlighten" others with his opinions.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Pottapaug1938

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Yeah, but I get a bit of schadenfreude watching him squirm away from confronting our challenges.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
ASITStands
17th Viscount du Voolooh

Post by ASITStands »

I'm still wondering what happened to 4 and 6 ....
Mr. Eastman wrote:possess tr.v. possessed, possessing, possesses. 1. To have as property; own. 2. To have as a quality, characteristic, or other attribute: possessed great tact. 3. To acquire mastery of or have knowledge of: possess valuable data. 5. To cause to own, hold, or master something, such as property or knowledge: She possessed herself of the unclaimed goods. 7. Obsolete. To gain or seize.
Source: American Heritage Electronic Dictionary
American Heritage Dictionary wrote:pos·sess (pə-zĕs)
Share: 
tr.v.pos·sessed, pos·sess·ing, pos·sess·es
a. To have as property; own:possess great wealth.
b. Law To have under one's power or control:possess illegal drugs.
a. To have as a quality, characteristic, or other attribute:possesses great tact.
b. To have mastery or knowledge of:possess a knowledge of Sanskrit; possess valuable information.
a. To gain control or power over. Used of a demon or spirit.
b. To occupy fully the mind or feelings of:The dancers were possessed by the music.
c. Often Offensive To have sexual intercourse with (a woman).
d. Archaic To control or maintain (one's nature) in a particular condition:I possessed my temper despite the insult.
4. Archaic To cause (oneself) to own, hold, or master something, such as property or knowledge.
5. Archaic To gain or seize.
Hmm?
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

Pottapaug1938 wrote:Yeah, but I get a bit of schadenfreude watching him squirm away from confronting our challenges.
Ja!

Come on, Dale! Come on, Mr. Legal Scholar! Are you still barkin' about Larken? Or, have you given up on the Larken Rose "861 argument" bull crap?

Come on, Mr. Eastman! Show us some brilliance!
Quixote
Quatloosian Master of Deception

Post by Quixote »

In case you missed it, guys, Dale has answered his own question and he got it wrong.
You and I know that you can't give anything to anybody that you don't possess.
Even when he narrows the definition to exclude intangibles, he still gets it wrong.
You can't give me a silver dollar unless you possess a silver dollar.
Actually I can. Hint: Amazon et al allow for a delivery address different from the billing address.

OK, Dale. You have received several excellent answers to your question. Please proceed with the trolling.
"Here is a fundamental question to ask yourself- what is the goal of the income tax scam? I think it is a means to extract wealth from the masses and give it to a parasite class." Skankbeat
Pottapaug1938

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Quixote wrote:In case you missed it, guys, Dale has answered his own question and he got it wrong.
You and I know that you can't give anything to anybody that you don't possess.
Even when he narrows the definition to exclude intangibles, he still gets it wrong.
You can't give me a silver dollar unless you possess a silver dollar.
Actually I can. Hint: Amazon et al allow for a delivery address different from the billing address.

OK, Dale. You have received several excellent answers to your question. Please proceed with the trolling.
How about the situation where, say, my Uncle Bert has a rare silver dollar, and that I am his only heir at law. He has a will; but he is in an irreversible coma and vegetative state. Let's say that, in return for something done for me by someone else, I assign all of my right, title and interest in that silver dollar to the second party. I have thus given away, for valuable consideration, something which I do not now possess but will, in due course, possess.

Of course, all this is meaningless without knowing why Dale has posed his original question. Let's see if he has the integrity to explain, to us, why he asked that question.
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

Pottapaug1938 wrote:.....Of course, all this is meaningless without knowing why Dale has posed his original question. Let's see if he has the integrity to explain, to us, why he asked that question.
Now that Dale Eastman has received several answers that he not only did not expect, but which also illustrate his lack of legal knowledge, he is now trying to figure out why the heck he asked the question.

Come on, Dale! You can do it! Show Thyself to be The Troll That Thou Art! Rouse Thyself in Righteous Indignation from Thine Holy Habitation, come forth, and Thrust Trollisms like lightning bolts at those who dare to expose Thee!
Prof
El Pontificator de Porceline Precepts

Post by Prof »

A serious answer to the question, with simple answers (even simpler than the ones previously provided):

I can exercise dominion over a number of things not in my possession:
1. Things owned but not possessed:

I can transfer funds held in my bank account (in possession of the bank) by writing a check and delivering the check to another person.

In this case, I own the asset; it is being held for me by another, who is under obligation to distribute the asset at my instruction.

2. Things possessed but not owned:

As the US MAIL, or Fed Ex, I lawfully possesses goods in transit, but do not own them. I can deliver (exercise dominion over) those goods and deliver them to the intended recipient. (See also Bills of Lading and Warehouse Receipts).

Or, as a bank, Bank of America does not own my deposits, but it can disburse those deposits on my instructions (or in response to a Court order, etc.). See also Art 4, UCC.

As Dan said, "So what?")
"My Health is Better in November."
Cathulhu
Order of the Quatloos, Brevet First Class

Post by Cathulhu »

Guys, you aren't following the script! You were supposed to give him an oversimplified yes/no answer so he could devastate us all with the brilliance of his logic! You aren't supposed to analyse his dumb question or predict his amazing responses!

Like he's got any surprises for any of us.
Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to. T. Pratchett
Always be a moving target. L.M. Bujold
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

A clueless anarchist named Dale
Had an ego the size of a whale.
So he tried for a prize,
But was cut down to size:
His Quatloosian venture did fail.

Yes, The Whale thought it fun to go swimming;
The Quatloosian waters were brimming.
But the answers he got
Didn’t please him a lot;
He became a Quatloosian Lemming.
wserra

Post by wserra »

A glance at Eastman's board - the one he references in his sig - shows that it contains 260 posts. Of those, 247 are Eastman's.
- David Hume
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

wserra wrote:A glance at Eastman's board - the one he references in his sig - shows that it contains 260 posts. Of those, 247 are Eastman's.
Maybe he'll copy and post all our responses over there as he impliedly "threatened" to do -- especially (I hope) my limerick.

:)

Although, the last time he humiliated himself (with my help), for some reason he did not follow through and copy that material. He's selective in what he copies and pastes to his own web site.

8)

For reasons that are obvious.

8)
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

Havent people learned yet?

All your bases are belong to us.
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

JamesVincent wrote:Havent people learned yet?

All your bases are belong to us.
No. It's "All you base are belong to us." Never misquote the CATS. But on this forum, the CATS say: All your tax are belong to us.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Olsenfin

Post by Olsenfin »

Answer to Eastman's question:

Yes. The things that qualify include a headache. Note that "include" does NOT mean "include only" or "are identical to", either in this context or, for that matter, in any proper English usage.