Greetings to all (Dale Eastman)

Mr. Eastman

Greetings to all (Dale Eastman)

Post by Mr. Eastman »

Have a stupid theory why you shouldn't have to pay taxes? ... then this forum is for you.
Yep. I'm in the right place... To poke a stick into a hornet's nest.

Please take notice of my signature text.

I have some questions.

Can you give anything to anybody else that you do not possess?
possess tr.v. possessed, possessing, possesses. 1. To have as property; own. 2. To have as a quality, characteristic, or other attribute: possessed great tact. 3. To acquire mastery of or have knowledge of: possess valuable data. 5. To cause to own, hold, or master something, such as property or knowledge: She possessed herself of the unclaimed goods. 7. Obsolete. To gain or seize.
Source: American Heritage Electronic Dictionary
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Re: Greetings to all.

Post by Famspear »

Well, well, well, if it isn't Dale Eastman -- tax protester extraordinaire!

.... another guy who never tires of wandering around the internet, demanding that other people answer his questions about tax law.....

.... another guy with the mommie and daddy problems (can you say transference, Dale?).....

.... another guy who somehow thought that the decision by the U.S. Supreme Court in the Merchants' Loan case stood for the ridiculous proposition that "income" means only "corporate profit" or "corporate gain" (when of course the income that was ruled to be income in that case was not corporate profit)....

...another guy who's trying to prove something, and never succeeds......

.... another guy who never tires of being publicly humiliated.....
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

Welcome to Quatloos, Dale!

Yes, we know you have questions!
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

Mr. Eastman wrote:Can you give anything to anybody else that you do not possess?
Bad advice? Agita? Frivpens?

I'm sure there are others.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Mr. Eastman wrote:
Have a stupid theory why you shouldn't have to pay taxes? ... then this forum is for you.

I have some questions.

possess tr.v. possessed, possessing, possesses. 1. To have as property; own. 2. To have as a quality, characteristic, or other attribute: possessed great tact. 3. To acquire mastery of or have knowledge of: possess valuable data. 5. To cause to own, hold, or master something, such as property or knowledge: She possessed herself of the unclaimed goods. 7. Obsolete. To gain or seize.
Of course, you have a specific example in mind. I'd hate to reply to this in a way such that you could twist my reply to buttress some legal fantasy....
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

Dale Eastman? A guy who entertains legal fantasies???

Awwww.... that would never happen!

:Axe:

Lately, he's been interacting with Harvester/Libre/Nationwide/johnthetaxist and various other dimwits, over here at:

http://freedomwatch.uservoice.com/forum ... endrickson

Among Dale Eastman's recent gems:
When the State passes laws that tax the people, the State is initiating violence.

Any Malum prohibitum law is the State initiating violence.

Once I learned the following, a lot of my viewpoints changed. I challenge any Statist to prove the following wrong:

Law is a politician's command backed by threat of force, up to and including killing you...
Dale is alway posing questions, and demanding that other people prove him wrong.
Mr. Eastman

Post by Mr. Eastman »

Famspear wrote:Welcome to Quatloos, Dale!

Why thank you Mr. Williams.

My opinion is that you should have posted this post first, then launched your insults.
Pottapaug1938 wrote:
Mr. Eastman wrote:
Of course, you have a specific example in mind. I'd hate to reply to this in a way such that you could twist my reply to buttress some legal fantasy....
Pottapaug1938 must be a lawyer. Can't or won't answer a yes/no question with a yes or no. That's okay. The answer is self-evident.

Thank you for replying though.
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Mr. Eastman wrote:
Famspear wrote:Welcome to Quatloos, Dale!

My opinion is that you should have posted this post first, then launched your insults.
Pottapaug1938 wrote:
Mr. Eastman wrote:
Pottapaug1938 must be a lawyer. Can't or won't answer a yes/no question with a yes or no. That's okay. The answer is self-evident.

In fact, I was a lawyer; but your remark is perfect proof of how you like to take other peoples' writings and distort them, through the filter of your own biases, to buttress your fantasies. And, when I was a lawyer, and someone asked me a general question such as you posed to us, my answer was much the same: "what do you have in mind?"

Certainly, you must have had some reason for asking your question. Let's hear it.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

Mr. Eastman wrote:Can you give anything to anybody else that you do not possess?
Yes. For example, it is possible to make a gift of tangible property that you own, but is not in your current possession, through a symbolic delivery.

Now I get to ask a question: So what?
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
wserra

Post by wserra »

Mr. Eastman wrote:Can't or won't answer a yes/no question with a yes or no.
Do you enjoy looking like an idiot in public? Please answer a yes/no question with a yes or no.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
darling
First Mate
First Mate

Post by darling »

What happened to 4 and 6?
Cpt Banjo
Fretful leader of the Quat Quartet

Post by Cpt Banjo »

Eastman's question is a thinly-veiled introduction to discuss his argument against the concept of authority -- i.e., that since no one has the right to impose his will on another, no individual or group can grant the government the right to do so.

Like Larken Rose, whose ridiculous and discredited Section 861 argument he used to peddle, Eastman has become an anarchist, having decided that being continuously beaten to a pulp in discussions of the law isn't fun anymore.
"Run get the pitcher, get the baby some beer." Rev. Gary Davis
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

Mr. Eastman wrote:

My opinion is that you should have posted this post [the welcome message] first, then launched your insults.
Oh, wait, did you take what I wrote as a series of insults?

Clue: Your first post indicates that you came here to stir up a "hornet's nest", as you put it.

This is your chance to demonstrate, Mr. Dale Eastman, that you have been cured of your arrogance -- assuming that you have been cured, of course.
arrogance (noun):a feeling of superiority manifested in an overbearing manner or presumptuous claims.

arrogant (adjective): exaggerating or disposed to exaggerate one's own worth or importance in an overbearing manner.

[to] arrogate (verb): to claim or seize without justification.... to make undue claims to having.
---Webster's New Collegiate Dictionary, p. 63 (G. & C. Merriam Company, 8th ed. 1976).

You didn't come here, Dale, to learn. When you start posing your series of questions to others on the internet, you are never trying to learn anything. You are here, and there, and everywhere, under false pretenses.

And what is your false pretense, Dale? It is the false pretense in the form of your implication, your implied claim, that when it comes to tax law, you somehow know what you're talking about.

You don't know what you're talking about.

You're just another tax protester with a chip on his shoulder. You have a "history", as they say. And, unfortunately for your credibility vel non, the record of your history precedes you.
Mr. Eastman

Post by Mr. Eastman »

LPC wrote:
Yes. For example, it is possible to make a gift of tangible property that you own, but is not in your current possession, through a symbolic delivery.

Now I get to ask a question: So what?
LPC, Thank you for a good reply.

I direct your attention to this part of my previous post:
I further direct your attention to #1.

I posted that definition with my question for a reason. Your post illustrates that reason.
darling
First Mate
First Mate

Post by darling »

Gonorrhea.
darling
First Mate
First Mate

Post by darling »

An ego boost.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

Eastman has both cats and an over-sized ego. Probably not gonorrhea, though.

Dale, what detax scheme are you hyping these days?
Demo.
Cathulhu
Order of the Quatloos, Brevet First Class

Post by Cathulhu »

darling wrote:
A frivpen. Hey, isn't that why you're mad?
Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to. T. Pratchett
Always be a moving target. L.M. Bujold
Mr. Eastman

Post by Mr. Eastman »

Mr. Eastman wrote: Can you give anything to anybody else that you do not possess?
Pottapaug1938 wrote: Of course, you have a specific example in mind. I'd hate to reply to this in a way such that you could twist my reply to buttress some legal fantasy....
Mr. Eastman wrote: Pottapaug1938 must be a lawyer. Can't or won't answer a yes/no question with a yes or no. That's okay. The answer is self-evident.

Pottapaug1938 wrote:In fact, I was a lawyer; but your remark is perfect proof of how you like to take other peoples' writings and distort them, through the filter of your own biases, to buttress your fantasies. And, when I was a lawyer, and someone asked me a general question such as you posed to us, my answer was much the same: "what do you have in mind?"

Certainly, you must have had some reason for asking your question. Let's hear it.
I stated: "Pottapaug1938 must be a lawyer."
Pottapaug1938 stated: "In fact, I was a lawyer"
Exactly.

Pottapaug1938 stated: "your remark is perfect proof of how you like to take other peoples' writings and distort them...", blah blah.
Your acknowledging the correctness of my remark is perfect proof that your reply illustrated that you are/were a lawyer.

You are correct, I have a reason for asking my question.

I also know how lawyerly minded people won't answer questions.

Mr. Pottapaug, You and I know that you can't give anything to anybody that you don't possess.

You can't give me a silver dollar unless you possess a silver dollar.

So if you can prove that you can give me a silver dollar that you don't possess, please enter the proof into evidence.
wserra wrote:
Mr. Eastman wrote:Can't or won't answer a yes/no question with a yes or no.
Do you enjoy looking like an idiot in public? Please answer a yes/no question with a yes or no.
No.

darling wrote:What happened to 4 and 6?
Voltaire wrote:If you wish to communicate with me, first define your terms.
Cpt Banjo wrote:Eastman's question is a thinly-veiled introduction to discuss his argument against the concept of authority
You are correct.
Famspear wrote: Oh, wait, did you take what I wrote as a series of insults?
Not when I consider the source.
Famspear wrote:Clue: Your first post indicates that you came here to stir up a "hornet's nest", as you put it.
Just my being here does that.
Demosthenes wrote: Dale, what detax scheme are you hyping these days?
What? No wining, dining, and foreplay?
CaptainKickback wrote:In a very small group/tribe/village - say 100 people or smaller - you likely can get by with no central authority or figure of power. Government by consensus. However get beyond that and you begin to need specialization, and some form of hierarchy in order to get things done.
Assertion noted.
Last edited by Mr. Eastman on Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Mr. Eastman wrote:

I have some questions.

Well let's see.

I can give applause to Demo or Famspear for their research skills even though no one has given me that.

I have given several politicians the power to make laws which i have never had.

I can give you the british crown jewels. You'll have to retrieve them yourself, but you can tell the beefeaters i said it was ok.

Oh hey, i can give you the title "Sovereign Socrates" if i want to. But i will hold off until i see whether you can sustain the momentum of your didactic initiative.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4