Lauren Hill's tax evasion reason

AndyK
Illuminatian Revenue Supremo Emeritus

Re: Lauren Hill's tax evasion reason

Post by AndyK »

In addition to serving three months in prison, Hill must pay a $60,000 fine. After she is released from prison, she will be under parole supervision for a year, the first three months of which will be spent under home confinement.

Hill pleaded guilty last year to failing to pay taxes on more than $1.8 million earned from 2005 to 2007. Monday's sentencing also took into account unpaid state and federal taxes in 2008 and 2009 that brought the total earnings to about $2.3 million.

Despite having paid more than $900,000 in the past several days, Hill still owes interest and penalties, the U.S. attorney's office said.
Taxes are the price we pay for a free society and to cover the responsibilities of the evaders
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Looks as if she got miseducated again.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

The Observer wrote:
I had an economic system imposed on me.
That would really be unfair - except that everyone of us has had an economic system imposed on us. It's called "life."
Except that hers was "life plus $1.8M in three years". Lot of folks would appreciate that type of "imposition".
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

"I am a child of former slaves who had a system imposed on them," Hill said before U.S. Magistrate Madeline Cox Arleo. "I had an economic system imposed on me."

I'm guessing that there was no downward departure for acceptance of responsibility.
"Over-commercialization and its resulting restrictions and limitations can be very damaging and distorting to the inherent nature of the individual," Hill wrote. "I did not deliberately abandon my fans, nor did I deliberately abandon any responsibilities, but I did however put my safety, health and freedom and the freedom, safety and health of my family first over all other material concerns! I also embraced my right to resist a system intentionally opposing my right to whole and integral survival."
Psycho-babble BS, with a twist of Marxism (being paid for her work alienated her from the product of her labor).

I think I actually prefer the pseudo-legal BS over the pseudo-Marxist BS. It's more amusing, and less annoying.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

Lauren Hill wrote:Over-commercialization and its resulting restrictions and limitations can be very damaging and distorting to the inherent nature of the individual.....
:violin:

The "inherent" nature of the individual? Is that the part of the "nature" of the individual that is the opposite of some other part that is "not inherent"? Are there aspects of the nature of the individual that do not "inhere"? Some parts inhere and others don't, I guess.

Does Lauren like to use fancy words she doesn't really understand very well?
....but I did however put my safety, health and freedom and the freedom, safety and health of my family first over all other material concerns!
Oh, please. Give us a break.

:roll:
I also embraced my right to resist a system intentionally opposing my right to whole and integral survival.
Resisting a "system intentionally opposing" your "right" to "whole and integral survival"?

Waaaaaaaaahhhh!
:cry:

Is this supposed to actually mean something? What a load of stuffy, pretentious crap!
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Famspear wrote:Resisting a "system intentionally opposing" your "right" to "whole and integral survival"?
It's about this time that you start wondering if Lauren thought she was really fighting the Borg instead of the tax system. She obviously was ignoring the "resistance is futile, prepare to be assimilated" message.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

wserra wrote:Except that hers was "life plus $1.8M in three years". Lot of folks would appreciate that type of "imposition".
I am willing to bet that Lauren would claim it wasn't the money, it was the principal for which she was fighting.

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

One could say that the gov't is killing her softly with that sentence.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Arthur Rubin
Tupa-O-Quatloosia

Post by Arthur Rubin »

The Observer wrote:
wserra wrote:Except that hers was "life plus $1.8M in three years". Lot of folks would appreciate that type of "imposition".
I am willing to bet that Lauren would claim it wasn't the money, it was the principal for which she was fighting.
It's not the principal, it's the interest. :twisted:
Arthur Rubin, unemployed tax preparer and aerospace engineer
ImageJoin the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

Butterflies are free. T-shirts are $19.95 $24.95 $29.95
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Arthur Rubin wrote:It's not the principal, it's the interest.
My bad. I keep mixing up the proper usage of "principal" vs. "principle." But, in keeping with the theme of this thread, this is not my fault since English is my first language and was imposed on me at my birth.

Cathulhu
Order of the Quatloos, Brevet First Class

Post by Cathulhu »

The Observer wrote:
My bad. I keep mixing up the proper usage of "principal" vs. "principle." But, in keeping with the theme of this thread, this is not my fault since English is my first language and was imposed on me at my birth.
I speak jive, can I help?
Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to. T. Pratchett
Always be a moving target. L.M. Bujold
obadiah
Pirate
Pirate

Post by obadiah »

Cathulhu wrote:
The Observer wrote:
Excuse me miss, I speak jive. Can I help?
FIFY.
1. There is a kind of law that I like, which are my own rules, which I call common law. It applies to me.
2. There are many other kinds of law but they don’t apply to me, because I say so."
LLAP
Cathulhu
Order of the Quatloos, Brevet First Class

Post by Cathulhu »

Cut me some slack, Jack!
Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to. T. Pratchett
Always be a moving target. L.M. Bujold
wserra

Post by wserra »

"Chump don' want no he'p, chump don' get no he'p."

One of my favorite scenes in movies.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

I moved stija's attempt to hijack this thread to it's own thread here.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

Hill started her prison sentence today:

http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/08/showbiz/c ... ?hpt=hp_t2
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs