Irwin Schiff, Political Prisoner?

jkeeb
Pirate Judge of Which Things Work

Re: Irwin Schiff, Political Prisoner?

Post by jkeeb »

Nude calendar, Chapman and Clarkson. That alone would kill the protester movement.
Remember that CtC is about the rule of law.

John J. Bulten
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

jkeeb wrote:Nude calendar, Chapman and Clarkson. That alone would kill the protester movement.
It should be called "Twelve Reasons I'm Too Sexy for Taxes."
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Prof
El Pontificator de Porceline Precepts

Post by Prof »

Especially since Clarkson has been dead for well-over a year.
"My Health is Better in November."
webhick

Post by webhick »

Prof wrote:Especially since Clarkson has been dead for well-over a year.
He's not dead, he's in hiding.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
VanMeters Revenge

Post by VanMeters Revenge »

grixit wrote:They're selling tshirts. I think that's the point.

Hmm, i wonder if i could make some money from Ed and Elaine.

How about a set of paw prints behind a leashed dog. And another showing said dog lifting a leg at a faceless figure in a black suit. And a house being teargassed with the first casualty being Justice.

Let's see, i think Cafepress takes $12 off the top, so if i sell them for $40 each, that's $28 profit, times the number of suckers, er, true believers.

Then we can also order up some "Sovereign Ground" coffee mugs.

And a combo: one large messenger bag, a copy of the Constitution with annotations, a bunch of quotes from the Bible, founders, Black's, etc. A smaller zipper bag, would be just right for holding a gun. Pack it up and there's still room for a sack lunch and a change of underwear. The eye catching logo tells everyone you've got Your Liberty Toolkit, with everything you need to hold off the marxatanic thugs when they come for you-- just $75!

Profiting off people like the Browns and others incarcerated over the Federal Tax issue, by interviews, books and the like would be stepping on JJ's turf.
VanMeters Revenge

Post by VanMeters Revenge »

I am most certain the coinage that she receives from peddling her book will remedy whatever transgression I may inflict by my commentary on this particular matter. I’m sure she will not be lamenting all the way to the bank on the backs of what endeavors others have strived to bring into the light what people have endured due to taxation injustice, she has a lacking for empathy and a conscientious for the plight of individuals targeted by the IRS. If she uses our names, Cirino’s, his fathers, or even mine in her writing of said book, she will surely be facing a lawsuit if she is to utilize our specific situation and story to generate any revenue from.
ashlynne39
Illuminated Legate of Illustrious Legs

Post by ashlynne39 »

VanMeters Revenge wrote:I am most certain the coinage that she receives from peddling her book will remedy whatever transgression I may inflict by my commentary on this particular matter. I’m sure she will not be lamenting all the way to the bank on the backs of what endeavors others have strived to bring into the light what people have endured due to taxation injustice, she has a lacking for empathy and a conscientious for the plight of individuals targeted by the IRS. If she uses our names, Cirino’s, his fathers, or even mine in her writing of said book, she will surely be facing a lawsuit if she is to utilize our specific situation and story to generate any revenue from.
What if I use your pictures for my "great heros of the sovereign and tax protestor movements" calendar?
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

ashlynne39 wrote:
VanMeters Revenge wrote:I am most certain the coinage that she receives from peddling her book will remedy whatever transgression I may inflict by my commentary on this particular matter. I’m sure she will not be lamenting all the way to the bank on the backs of what endeavors others have strived to bring into the light what people have endured due to taxation injustice, she has a lacking for empathy and a conscientious for the plight of individuals targeted by the IRS. If she uses our names, Cirino’s, his fathers, or even mine in her writing of said book, she will surely be facing a lawsuit if she is to utilize our specific situation and story to generate any revenue from.
What if I use your pictures for my "great heros of the sovereign and tax protestor movements" calendar?
And "pictures" is appropriate since her photo changed in the six or so hour gap between my first reading of her post and the second. Going for more flattering? Somewhat narcissitic to have a personal mugshot as an icon. Mine is the crest of the city of Vancouver, to show where my true loyalties lie.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

VanMeters Revenge wrote:I am most certain the coinage that she receives from peddling her book will remedy whatever transgression I may inflict by my commentary on this particular matter.
I suppose the friends and family of Dick Hickock and Perry Smith could have said the same about Truman Capote and In Cold Blood, or those of Charles Manson about Vincent Bugliosi and Helter Skelter.
If she uses our names, Cirino’s, his fathers, or even mine in her writing of said book, she will surely be facing a lawsuit if she is to utilize our specific situation and story to generate any revenue from.
That worldview is kinda what got these nitwits on the path to jail in the first place. You cannot copyright either a name or facts. There is no cause of action for reporting on what someone did, or on someone's "specific situation and story". I realize you would like there to be, but you confuse what you would like the law to be with what the law is. Just as the Browns would have liked there to be no law requiring them to pay taxes, and the lame and the halt who defended them would have liked there to be no laws against stockpiling weapons and using them to hold off law enforcement.

I take it that none of you has learned a thing.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

My Van Meter rates her current complaint at 8.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Pirate Purveyor of the Last Word

Post by . »

So, what did it take, about 3 years?

What mindset takes you from being grateful for getting free advice on how to deal with a tax problem to threatening a laughable lawsuit?

I recall explaining that brokers are required by SEC regulation to retain all trade records for many years, regardless of whether her day-trading-loser of a husband was smart enough to do so. Which would provide the missing cost-side of the trades that were reckoned by the IRS to be pure profit based solely on gross proceeds reports from brokers (the only information the IRS ever has if you don't report your basis on your return,) the thing that resulted in most of her, what was it? $5 million of unreported income? illusory problem which was entirely of their own making.

Many people here provided helpful advice on how to deal with the IRS, gratis.

No good deed ever goes unpunished when it come to TP-types.
All the States incorporated daughter corporations for transaction of business in the 1960s or so. - Some voice in Van Pelt's head, circa 2006.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

. wrote:So, what did it take, about 3 years?

What mindset takes you from being grateful for getting free advice on how to deal with a tax problem to threatening a laughable lawsuit?

I recall explaining that brokers are required by SEC regulation to retain all trade records for many years, regardless of whether her day-trading-loser of a husband was smart enough to do so. Which would provide the missing cost-side of the trades that were reckoned by the IRS to be pure profit based solely on gross proceeds reports from brokers (the only information the IRS ever has if you don't report your basis on your return,) the thing that resulted in most of her, what was it? $5 million of unreported income? illusory problem which was entirely of their own making.

Many people here provided helpful advice on how to deal with the IRS, gratis.

No good deed ever goes unpunished when it come to TP-types.
Van Meter asked for tax advice? I think you are confusing her with gottago who is a nurse in Texas and had posted about problems similar to what you are describing.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Pirate Purveyor of the Last Word

Post by . »

The Observer wrote:Van Meter asked for tax advice? I think you are confusing her with gottago who is a nurse in Texas and had posted about problems similar to what you are describing.
Yeah, you're right, that was gottago. Mea culpa.
All the States incorporated daughter corporations for transaction of business in the 1960s or so. - Some voice in Van Pelt's head, circa 2006.
Lambkin
Warder of the Quatloosian Gibbet

Post by Lambkin »

I'll be quite surprised if the book makes a profit considering the time that went into it. I look forward to buying a copy but I wouldn't bet on the project as a business venture.
Quixote
Quatloosian Master of Deception

Post by Quixote »

Lambkin wrote:I'll be quite surprised if the book makes a profit considering the time that went into it. I look forward to buying a copy but I wouldn't bet on the project as a business venture.
It was a labor of love, or perhaps some other emotion.
"Here is a fundamental question to ask yourself- what is the goal of the income tax scam? I think it is a means to extract wealth from the masses and give it to a parasite class." Skankbeat
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

Neither you, nor Cirino, nor his father, nor anyone else, has a legal right to prevent other people from merely writing about you in a book and using your names in that book. Filing a lawsuit to retaliate against someone because that someone merely wrote about you in a book would be an abuse of the legal system, and could result in your being punished with civil monetary penalties.

There is such a thing as a right of privacy. There is such a thing as a right of publicity. And there are laws about defamation. But I don't see you invoking the rights you might have under those laws, or under any other laws.

And what's this about "endeavors others have strived to bring into the light what people have endured due to taxation injustice"? Who are you talking about? Ed and Elaine Brown? Cirino? I hope you're not talking about those people. If you are, then you have a pretty twisted sense of "justice."
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
webhick

Post by webhick »

Well, VanMeter, looks like suing really isn't going to work for you. But, the second the book goes on sale you should turn this into a huge media circus. Then, lots more people will buy her book just to see what the big deal is.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

She could write her own book as a rebuttal.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4