Conceptualizing the TP/Soverign Movement as a Religion

notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Re: Conceptualizing the TP/Soverign Movement as a Religion

Post by notorial dissent »

As an FYI, the database connection has been a bit odd the last few days, and sometimes it just loses the connection and doesn't save what you were working on. I've had this happen a few times, so that is more than likely what happened. You should get a confirmation after you submit something, if you don't, consider whatever you were doing lost.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

Good point. I always copy a post to the clipboard before submitting it, just for this reason.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
cynicalflyer
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by cynicalflyer »

searcher wrote:P.S. I forgot to say, we don't have "Departments" anymore. We have branches. So, my last post apparently only applies to Departments, & not "Branches." What happened to the, DEPARTMENTS? A branch, is an extension of its source but a department is a separation from another body. Department is defined as, a separate part or division. Branch is defined as, “any offshoot of a MAIN stem, as the branch of a stream; an offshoot, lateral extension, or subdivision, a tributary stream.”
I am not trying to be "cute." Sincerely trying & wanting to understand.
In early state constitutions and writings, there was absolutely no consistency in using the terms branch and departments: they were used sometimes to mean the same thing and in others the "departments" were meant as sub-units of a branch. Moreover, "branches" sometimes mean the distinction between the two chambers of the legislature. Consider how the U.S. Constitution references the state legislatures:
The House of Representatives shall be composed of Members chosen every second Year by the People of the several States, and the Electors in each State shall have the Qualifications requisite for Electors of the most numerous Branch of the State Legislature.
To this day, for example, many state constitutions refer both to "the judicial department" and then some paragraphs or sections later "the judicial branch".

http://gaveltogavel.us/site/2012/09/04/ ... tate-have/

It is not a conspiracy, it has no bearing on the authority of the courts, and won't let you dodge taxes.
"Where there is no law, but every man does what is right in his own eyes, there is the least of real liberty." -- General Henry M. Robert author, Robert's Rules of Order
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

As cynicalflyer points out, this is largely a semantic argument without actual distinction or point. The terms are, have, and and can be used interchangeably.

In general, at least in formal writing, one speaks of branches of government when referring to the Executive, Legislative, and Judicial, and departments as offices or units within the Executive branch. Gov't offices come and go at the whim of the elected gov't, branches of gov't do not as they would require a constitutional change.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
searcher

Post by searcher »

I don't know who said it but I believe it, > "Service plus Enforcement equals Compliance."
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

could you explain that one please?
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
searcher

Post by searcher »

To: Famspear,
Re: your comment, > "I'm trying my best to obfuscate."

Why? I'm not trying to obfuscate.
rogfulton
Caveat Venditor
Location: No longer behind the satellite dish, second door along - in fact, not even in the same building.

Post by rogfulton »

Still not the explanation requested

I wonder if Searcher is the new handle for an old word salad poster?
"No man is above the law and no man is below it; nor do we ask any man's permission when we require him to obey it. Obedience to the law is demanded as a right; not asked as a favor."
- President Theodore Roosevelt
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Re: Conceptualizing the TP/Sovereign Movement as a Religion

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

rogfulton wrote:Still not the explanation requested

I wonder if Searcher is the new handle for an old word salad poster?
He reminds me of the way "lorne" started out.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Cathulhu
Order of the Quatloos, Brevet First Class

Post by Cathulhu »

Verily, the suck-up is strong in this one. So far.
Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to. T. Pratchett
Always be a moving target. L.M. Bujold
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

Calm down guys.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

searcher wrote:To: Famspear,
Re: your comment, > "I'm trying my best to obfuscate."

Why? I'm not trying to obfuscate.
Ah, that's because you haven't lived the very same life I have lived. If you had experienced the life I have experienced, believe me, you'd be trying to obfuscate.

:)

But seriously, my colleagues have provided good explanations. The terms "department" and "branch" are sometimes used interchangeably to refer to what we learned in grade school to be the three "branches" of government: legislative, executive, and judicial. Although we usually use that term (branch) to refer to those three elements, the term "department" has also been used in that way. Possibly the most famous example of that is the U.S. Supreme Court statement (by Chief Justice John Marshall) in Marbury v. Madison:
It is emphatically the province and duty of the judicial department to say what the law is.
--Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. (1 Cranch) 137 (1803).

Like many words, the word "department" has more than one use. For example, when used to describe the Department of the Treasury, the word is being used to describe a "department" in the executive branch of the federal government. When used the way Justice Marshall used it in Marbury v. Madison, it was used to describe the judicial branch of the federal government.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
searcher

Post by searcher »

Thanks, webhick, > Calm down guys.
I needed that. I am very sensitive.
weserra,et al,the comment is self explanatory,i.e., it explains itself.
searcher

Post by searcher »

famspear,@ It is emphatically the province and duty of the judicial department to say what the law is.

But if any judicial department issues ALL process in the name of the President of the U.S.,this IS some degree of a merger, it seems to me.
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Re: Conceptualizing the TP/Sovereign Movement as a Religion

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

searcher wrote:famspear,@ It is emphatically the province and duty of the judicial department to say what the law is.

But if any judicial department issues ALL process in the name of the President of the U.S.,this IS some degree of a merger, it seems to me.
Well, you are wrong. It is, as you note, the job of the judicial branch of government to say what the law is; but in order to enforce the law through use of legal process, the judiciary must then turn to that branch of government with the job of seeing that the laws of our country are faithfully executed: the executive branch, headed by the President.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Dr. Caligari
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Crickets

Post by Dr. Caligari »

searcher wrote:
You are probably misunderstanding the word "process." When the courts render verdicts, opinions, decisions, etc., those are signed by the judge. "Process" in this context is a technical term referring to a very limited number of papers-- essentially, orders to someone to do something-- which are issued by the court in the President's name because only the executive branch can enforce them (the court doesn't have its own police force).
Dr. Caligari
(Du musst Caligari werden!)
Dr. Caligari
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Crickets

Post by Dr. Caligari »

searcher wrote:
You are probably misunderstanding the word "process." When the courts render verdicts, opinions, decisions, etc., those are signed by the judge. "Process" in this context is a technical term referring to a very limited number of papers-- essentially, orders to someone to do something-- which are issued by the court in the President's name because only the executive branch can enforce them (the court doesn't have its own police force).
Dr. Caligari
(Du musst Caligari werden!)
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

searcher wrote:I don't know who said it but I believe it, > "Service plus Enforcement equals Compliance."
Since no one has yet pointed out what should be obvious, I guess I will.....

In the past, the sentence "Service plus Enforcement Equals Compliance" has been, of course, used as a motto by the Internal Revenue Service. See, e.g.:

http://www.irs.gov/uac/Enforcement-Reve ... rd-in-2004
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
searcher

Post by searcher »

Hello, Pete Hendrickson, former inmate 15406-039, Fed’l Bureau of Prisons.

I like famspear. So far, the answers from famspear makes sense, even to a nut like me. BUT remember, the tall oak tree was once a nut too !!!.
searcher

Post by searcher »

To: Dr. Caligari,
Thank you, "good" Dr. Caligari." Still, I cannot dismiss from my mind what Andrew Jackson said.
To the best of my knowledge, he was not disciplined, in any way. I don't believe what he said was wrong, it makes sense. Also, we have the Judiciary Act of 1948 which seems to take away the Judicial Power established by the Judiciary Act of 1789. In addition,we have a legislative "power clause" beginning with the 13th amendment,& on, that Article 1 section 8 of the U.S. Constitution apparently did not cover. Otherwise, I see no need for an additional power clause, e.g., "This amendment shall be enforced via appropriate legislation." Sometimes it looks like the "Courts" are only an extension of the Legislative "Branch" via their rulings, decisions, etc.