Hendrickson warrior under IRS criminal investigation

Cathulhu
Order of the Quatloos, Brevet First Class

Re: Hendrickson warrior under IRS criminal investigation

Post by Cathulhu »

It's actually CI that automatically is assigned that sort of case. But Gabriela could be wrong about her boyfriend turning her in; CI won't tell you if anyone did. And she's already mentioned how her 1040s and 1099s do not match the amounts from her bank accounts, which is an automatic computer matching program (which waits for available processing time, so it takes up to 12 months--sometimes more--to match them and is one of the reasons the Service is notoriously slow, which bothers no one in the Service, as it's called "Giving them rope".) Essentially, the computer program alone has given her a whole lot she can't "splain" to an investigator, and I also expect that she's in line for employer tax abuse. It's actually pretty likely that one of her employees also turned her in for failure to withhold when they did their taxes and found out how much they owed as a result of being misclassified as subcontractors.

She is so seriously screwed--another victim of "sure, you can make lots of money and pay no tax, thanks to my magic methods, never mind that I've been in prison twice now!" Stupid of her. I will never get over the ability of the human mind to rationalize what it wants to believe despite common sense.
Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to. T. Pratchett
Always be a moving target. L.M. Bujold