Hovind & Barringer Stall the Tax Court A Little Longer!

notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Re: Hovind & Barringer Stall the Tax Court A Little Longer!

Post by notorial dissent »

OK, explains a lot. For once I can almost see Dr D's problem, considering Barringer's track record I can well believe that he hasn't been communicating with Dr D, and hasn't done anything at all, for that matter. On the other hand, I don't have any sympathy for him, as he hired him. I wouldn't normally believe anything that Dr D said, but in this case he might almost be telling the truth. I'd also be willing to believe that Dr D is still playing games. In any event, I think the court should exercise only so much patience, as it won't alter the outcome one bit.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Paths of the Sea
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by Paths of the Sea »

notorial dissent wrote:
OK, explains a lot.

I can well believe that he (Barriner) hasn't
been communicating with Dr D, and hasn't
done anything at all, for that matter.

On the other hand, I don't have any sympathy
for him, as he hired him.

I wouldn't normally believe anything that Dr D
said, but in this case he might almost be telling
the truth.

I'd also be willing to believe that Dr D is still
playing games.

In any event, I think the court should exercise
only so much patience, as it won't alter the
outcome one bit.
You are welcome! :D

I think Kent might have been willfully ignorant, but it is debatable. It's quite easy for one of Kent's family or friends to check the docket history and keep him informed of the case's progress.

I also think that the issue as to his case should be evaluated in the context of his wife's case. Her case was recently decided and Kent advised me that he had no knowledge of her case either; even the recent decision. Then Kent proceeded to refuse to answer my question as to how it could be the case that he was not aware of his wife's recent Tax Court decision.

Paul Hansen tried to run interference for Kent on that issue as well, writing, in part:

> From: Paul Hansen
> To: Lora Seybert
> cc: Maury Enthusiast!
> Date: Friday, February 1, 2013
>
> Lora,
>
>> 2.
>>
>> If it actually be the case that Kent
>> was unaware of the decision by the U.S.
>> Tax Court in his wife's case, what
>> circumstances could account for such
>> ignorance?
>
> His wife does not work with Kent on such matters.
>
> Paul Hansen,
> CEO/Manager of CSE

That doesn't really answer the question as to what is going on with Kent and his alleged ignorance of what is going on around him.

There's an untold story there, but it just may be that we will never be informed as to the details.

Meanwhile, the claim is made that Kent continues to work on some kind of secret actions intended to further prosecute his interests in his criminal case.

Sincerely,
Maury Enthusiast!
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

I think Dr D is in deep denial, and that is nothing new. It is most likely that he is willfully ignorant of what is going on and doesn't want to really know what is going on, probably because somewhere in the dim recesses of his mind he knows how this is all going to end, and because he is in denial.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Paths of the Sea

Post by Paths of the Sea »

notorial dissent wrote:
I think Dr D is in deep denial...
willfully ignorant of what is going on...
doesn't want to really know what is going on...
he knows how this is all going to end...
Alas, maybe it was really the case that he wasn't aware of the latest in his wife's Tax Court case or his own Tax Court case...and then he struck up that conversation with me.

I guess I might have thrown a monkey wrench into his plans by letting him know the latest in his and his wife's cases.

I always wondered why he never mentioned his Tax Court cases.

It would be nice to know how he came to initiate those cases when the deficiency notices came.

Was his case intended to be a "fraud upon the Court" since he never intended to prosecute his case?

It appears since that time he may have tried to accomplish his "willful ignorance".

Looks like its headed for years of collection activity. It might be interesting to see how his handling of the collection efforts affect his successful completion of the 3 years supervised release that was part of his sentence on the criminal case.

Here's what was reported regarding his sentence on the criminal case, in part:

DEFENDANT ADJUDICATED GUILTY OF COUNT(S): 1-58;
SENTENCE IMPOSED:

DFT remanded to custody of Bureau of Prisons

on count(s) 1-56 imprisonment for a term of 60 months
57 imprisonment for a term of 60 months (consecutive to Cts 1-56)
58 imprisonment for a term of 36 months (concurrent to Cts 1-56)

Additional recommendation:

FINE PAYMENT:

Fine of $ 2,000 ;
SMA OF $ 5,800 due immediately

Dft is liable for restitution of:

$ 604,874.87 made payable to Internal Revenue Service

SENTENCING MINUTES

Dft is under:

Supervised Release upon completion of term of
imprisonment for a period of 3 years.

DFT shall not own or possess a firearm,
dangerous weapon or destructive device.

DFT shall provide requested financial information
to the U.S. Probation Officer.

DFT shall make any unpaid fine on a payment schedule
to be determine by the US Probation Officer.

DFT shall make any unpaid restitution on a payment
schedule to be determine by the US Probation Officer.

DFT shall cooperate with the US Probation Officer in
the collection of DNA samples.

ADDITIONAL TERMS:

DFT shall not incur new lines of credit;
DFT shall not transfer any assets.

Sincerely,
Maury Enthusiast!
Samphire
Cannoneer
Cannoneer

Post by Samphire »

As I understand it the $604,874 mentioned by Maury relates solely to the "structuring" issue. In addition, there is income tax plus penalties and interest due of some $3 million or $4 million (I never got round to adding up the various sums) jointly and severally owed to the IRS by Kent & Jo.

The IRS confiscated some of the Hovind properties and put them to auction. Eric managed to nick his own house back but does anybody know what happened to the remainder of the properties? Even if they were all sold by the IRS the total monies recovered would be nowhere near sufficient to settle the full amount owed.

Around the time of his arrest Kent transferred some $100s of thousand$ to Glen Stoll for "safe keeping". As far as I know the amount transferred is known only to Kent and Stoll although, doubtless, the amount could be derived from bank records. Wlll the IRS be able to get its hands on this goldmine? Even if it recovered all of it there would still be a considerable shortfall so would the IRS then make Kent & Jo bankrupt?

Lastly, once released, what happens if Kent refuses to cooperate with his probation officer in supplying the required financial information? What further sanctions does the court have other than to put Kent back in jail? Perhaps it's Kent's purpose to make the IRS work as hard as possible for its money.