Weiss & Associates

wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Weiss & Associates

Post by wserra »

We've written about some dumb tax scams on this board. We've written about some tax scams so dumb that only those who eat rocks for breakfast could possibly fall for them. "Weiss & Associates" takes the rock - er, cake.

I don't have time to go through all the usual "there is no law", "we deny that we're taxpayers, so the IRS has to go away", "the federal govt only has the power to tax in D.C." and so forth. We've seen that stuff in a thousand scammers' websites. You can look for yourselves.

But these guys guarantee that they'll succeed:
Discover our rock-solid administrative solution in which you send letters through the mail and obtain a dismissal by the U.S. Tax Court without having to personally appear or hire an attorney.

Following the law is the correct process in dealing with the U.S. Tax Court, which is exactly what we do.

This is the ONLY WAY to DEFEAT the IRS claims of “Taxable Liability” in their Notice of Deficiency (NOD) letters. And we’re so sure we’ll obtain a dismissal that we offer a full 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE of the $375 fee.
Now, I know what's going through your heads: even scammers like these couldn't actually mean a Tax Court dismissal. After all, a dismissal means you - the petitioner - lose. It's bullshit, of course, but they must mean that you'll win.

No, they don't. They actually mean that you pay them $375, they will somehow help you file in Tax Court, and they guarantee that your petition will be dismissed. They post this order and this order as proof; sure enough, the petitioners in each case disregarded orders to file a proper petition, and their cases were dismissed.

Weiss & Associates describes the process as:
We’re stating that with our administrative activities with the U.S. Tax Court in Washington, D.C., that the outcome of this process will result in the U.S. Tax Court issuing a Court Order for Dismissal (of the IRS claims in the Notice of Deficiency letter) for Lack of Jurisdiction.
That, of course, is half right. The Tax Court will be dismissing for lack of jurisdiction, since you will not have filed a proper petition (which is what invokes TC jurisdiction in the first place). It's not the IRS that's out on its ass, though - it's you. And, since they "guaranteed" that your case would be dismissed, they keep your money.

Maybe The Onion did this.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Re: Weiss & Associates

Post by LPC »

Isn't there a Monty Python sketch where you pay them a sum of money and they hit you on the head?

Same thing.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Quixote
Quatloosian Master of Deception

Post by Quixote »

The Yahoo groups used to be full of Tax Court dismissal victory stories. File a petition, move for dismissal for lack of jurisdiction (not a person, not living in a federal zone, no constitutional income, etc.), get the case dismissed for lack of jurisdiction (didn't pay the $60), declare victory.
"Here is a fundamental question to ask yourself- what is the goal of the income tax scam? I think it is a means to extract wealth from the masses and give it to a parasite class." Skankbeat
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

From the web site:
...According to the U.S. Tax Court documents, ones living “in the United States” have 90 days to appeal to the Court, or 150 days if they live “outside the United States.” Recently, we had a client living in one of the 50 states of the Union file our paperwork. The client’s appeal fell more than 90 days but less than 150 days from the date on the letter, and the USTC issued a Docket Number. This [the mere issuance of a docket number] is an admission [by the Tax Court] that one living in one of the 50 states is actually OUTSIDE the United States.....
http://weissparis.com/nod.html

:lol:

Eyyyy..... dees guys are really funny! Dey sure sound like a bunch of Weiss guys to me!

:whistle:
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

Here's some more twaddle from Weiss & Associates:
Initial research indicates that the ACA [the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act] has not been published in the Federal Register....
Wow. What a news flash. My son's birth certificate also is not published in the Federal Register.

Earth calling Weiss & Associates..... The ACA is a statute. Statutes are not generally published in the Federal Register.
...And as a result, it [the ACA] does not apply to those living/working in the Constitutional Republic but to those who have their domicile (either statutory or geographical) in the exclusive jurisdiction of the District of Columbia....
:roll:

No, bozos. The fact that the ACA is not published in the Federal Register does not mean that it does not apply to those living or working in the "Constitutional Republic," etc. This is just another variation on an old tax protester argument.
.....As a result, the ACA resides in a domain similar to the Federal Income Tax by being statutory in nature.
Ah, well, Einstein, at least you've figured out that the ACA, like the Internal Revenue Code, is STATUTORY in nature.

:brickwall:
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

The Weiss Wackos also make this offer -- for the price of only $125:
We now offer a letter that can be sent to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services clarifying that you are an exception to the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) legislation, as it relates to U.S. individuals in the statutory sense. The letter states a desire to be excluded from any database and requests a waiver that can be shown to anyone if the need arises. Since this is a new venture, we cannot guarantee that a formal waiver will be granted.....

[ . . .]

If you wish to rid yourself of any nexus to the problematic Obamacare legislation, the letter can be obtained by going to our Consultation page, submitting payment of $125 USD, and providing us by separate email your full name and address. We will promptly send you a personalized version of this powerful letter....
Chutzpah!

.....We are offering this substantial discount for those who wish to be on the cutting edge in dealing with yet another government intrusion into the Constitutional Republic. We are trying to build a track record of success in dealing with this new statutory tax, so we need to recruit individuals willing to make the effort and seek a positive outcome. Once successful, the price will revert back to the regular price of $250 USD. The introductory offer will last through Oct. 31.
http://weissparis.com/

:brickwall:
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

I'm thinking about starting my own web site which will offer to sell people a letter exempting an individual from the law of gravity......
We now offer a letter that can be sent to God, clarifying that you are an exception to the Law of Gravity as it relates to U.S. individuals in the gravitational sense. The letter states a desire to be excluded from effect of Gravity and requests a waiver that can be shown to anyone if the need arises. Since this is a new venture, I cannot guarantee that a formal exemption from the Law of Gravity will be granted.....

[ . . .]

If you wish to rid yourself of any nexus to the problematic effect of the Law of Gravity, the letter can be obtained by going to our Gravity page, submitting payment of $125 USD, and providing us by separate email your full name and address. We will promptly send you a personalized version of this powerful letter....
:whistle:
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Famspear wrote:I'm thinking about starting my own web site which will offer to sell people a letter exempting an individual from the law of gravity......
I want that letter so badly! I am simply outraged that they would pass a law of gravity without even getting my consent or input on how that might effect me. One would think that gravity is a good thing, keeping you attached to the ground, but it has so many negative effects on the human body, especially when considering that other objects have no other recourse other than to fall on top of you if they are moving and their trajectory coincides with the point of space that gravity is forcing you to occupy. Not to mention the horrible effects of gravity that result if you should decide you would like to exit a tall building several stories up.

Taking all of this into consideration just shows how patently unfair it is to have a law of gravity. I know some will just think this is a result of unintended consequences via good intentions, but I have never encountered a situation where a bad statute caused so many bad results. It is obviously the result of some evil conspiracy dead set on keeping everyone imprisoned on the surface of the earth, to manipulate and control their movements, and to ensure that they cannot enjoy the freedom, as well as the safety, of being able to move as you wish in three dimensions.

So I am sending over 125 dinars to you, please furnish this letter to me immediately and let me know to who I am to send it (Which is a very good question - who is in charge of gravity?).
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

I believe that the "Weiss" of "Weiss & Associates" is a man (not a woman) named Adele Weiss, who has left a significant trail of gibberish across the Internet.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
operabuff
Pirate
Pirate

Post by operabuff »

Clever to redact the names from the example orders, but leave the docket numbers unredacted. :roll:
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Firesign Theater has a skit where a dj calls people at random and if the callees don't know "The Phrase That Frees", they owe the radio station Twenty Thousand Dollars!
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

LPC wrote:Isn't there a Monty Python sketch where you pay them a sum of money and they hit you on the head?

Same thing.
Actually they are hitting you a good deal lower.

I will give them props for at least being honest, the client does get a dismissal, it just doesn't mean what they think it means.

operabuff wrote:Clever to redact the names from the example orders, but leave the docket numbers unredacted. :roll:

But they're legal geniuses, they've told us so, in so many words.

So I'm assuming these clowns aren't actually lawyers of some pretend stripe with a clever plan?
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
wserra

Post by wserra »

Sometimes the universe cooperates in making a point. Sometimes it doesn't. The former is more convenient.

Just a couple of days ago, Tax Court Chief Judge Michael B. Thornton was confronted with this exact situation - a petitioner who was obviously playing, wittingly or unwittingly, this dumb game. He wrote a more detailed opinion than the ones to which Weiss & Associates linked, making the game clear. In particular, he quotes the "grounds" on which petitioner moved to dismiss her own case - seven of the usual inanities - and denies her motion. He then dismisses sua sponte for lack of jurisdiction, "it appearing that petitioner does not intend to file an amended petition and pay the filing fee as directed in the Court's Order dated September 25, 2013".

I truly hope Google et al will pick up on Weiss & Associates. Thievery this blatant deserves wide publicity.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
LightinDarkness
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by LightinDarkness »

Adele Weiss is making the rounds again and appeared recently on "My Private Audio," a weekly adventure into sovcit stupidity:
http://www.talkshoe.com/talkshoe/web/ta ... 904&cmd=tc

I don't know if anyone else noticed this, but Adele has apparently found this thread. At some point over the past few years, he updated his website to pay us the following compliments:
Be aware: there is an IRS-sponsored website operating by the name of Quatloos, that disseminates propaganda to confuse many American Nationals with their purposeful misdirection. It is wise for anyone to ascertain the source of any criticism or conflict before drawing any conclusions. There are many who may appear to be knowledgeable of law, but they offer little supporting documentation to create the impression of their skill and expertise in this field of study.
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

If it's IRS sponsored why aren't the paying me? Hold on, it's the IRS with their legendary organizational efficiency. Never mind, question answered itself.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

Adele Weiss wrote:.....there is an IRS-sponsored website operating by the name of Quatloos, that disseminates propaganda to confuse many American Nationals with their purposeful misdirection. It is wise for anyone to ascertain the source of any criticism or conflict before drawing any conclusions. There are many who may appear to be knowledgeable of law, but they offer little supporting documentation to create the impression of their skill and expertise in this field of study.
That's pretty funny, coming from someone whose "resume" on his web site consists of this:
....Adele Weiss, who has done extensive research in the field of federal income taxation for over 25 years and has combined his analysis into workable solutions for clients....
Extensive research? Workable solutions? Where is the evidence of that?
....Mr. Weiss has a masters degree in constitutional tax law.....
A "masters" degree in "constitutional tax law"? What college or university granted him that degree?

The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Famspear wrote:A "masters" degree in "constitutional tax law"? What college or university granted him that degree?

The Erwin Rommel School of Law?

The Dr. Clarkson Correspondence Law Academy And Buffet?
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

The Observer wrote:
Famspear wrote:A "masters" degree in "constitutional tax law"? What college or university granted him that degree?

The Erwin Rommel School of Law?

The Dr. Clarkson Correspondence Law Academy And Buffet?
I think Adele Weiss must have attended both of those schools......

............with his sister, Edel.

Edel Weiss! Edel Weiss!

:Axe:
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

Based on a review of the Adele Weiss web site, my guess is that he is probably located somewhere in Europe -- seemingly far from the reach of the U.S. authorities.

What do you call a person named Adele Weiss who stays far, far way, safely at home across the ocean, makes hilariously false claims on his internet web site about his own ability and about how U.S. federal tax law works, and uses the idiotic claptrap posted on his web site to obtain money from hapless Americans seeking to avoid -- or even evade -- U.S. federal income taxes?

-------------------a Weissenheimer, of course!

:P
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

wserra wrote:We've written about some dumb tax scams on this board. We've written about some tax scams so dumb that only those who eat rocks for breakfast could possibly fall for them. "Weiss & Associates" takes the rock - er, cake.

[ . . . ]

Now, I know what's going through your heads: even scammers like these couldn't actually mean a Tax Court dismissal. After all, a dismissal means you - the petitioner - lose. It's bullshit, of course, but they must mean that you'll win.

No, they don't. They actually mean that you pay them $375, they will somehow help you file in Tax Court, and they guarantee that your petition will be dismissed. They post this order and this order as proof; sure enough, the petitioners in each case disregarded orders to file a proper petition, and their cases were dismissed....
Adele Weiss, the idiot du jour, doesn't even have the wits to understand that he's giving away the identities of his "clients." Although the names of the petitioners are blacked out, he leaves the Tax Court case numbers clearly visible.

:lol:

The suckers (oops, I mean the "clients") in these cases were Lon J. Jensen (case no. 13940-09) and James C. Emerson (case no. 19403-09).

In another place on his web site, Weiss reproduces an order in a third case where he does black out the case number -- not understanding that this tactic doesn't work, either. Anyone with actual legal acumen can easily determine that the "client" is Elbert Kirby, Jr. (case no. 09604-13) of Tulsa, Oklahoma. Just for fun, I looked up Mr. Kirby on PACER and found that he has made other stupid moves of his own in unrelated litigation in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Oklahoma. Kirby and Weiss are similar "birds of a feather."

In my view, Weiss does not have an overabundance of brain power, but at least he is (apparently) lucid enough to make the effort to stay out of the reach of U.S. authorities.