Bill Thornton.

Quixote
Quatloosian Master of Deception

Bill Thornton.

Post by Quixote »

I don't remember ever hearing about this guy, but neither did Larry Becraft. His website at http://www.1215.org/ is active, but the most interesting bits are his e-mail exchanges with Bob Schulz and Larry Becraft. Apparently his explanation of the common law was too deep for Schulz to follow. He lost me at "Attorneys are well trained in Roman civil law, but they have near-zero training in common law. However, the common law trumps Roman civil law. Even the Supreme Court of the USA may not second guess a decision of the common law."
"Here is a fundamental question to ask yourself- what is the goal of the income tax scam? I think it is a means to extract wealth from the masses and give it to a parasite class." Skankbeat
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Re: Bill Thornton.

Post by Famspear »

Quixote wrote:....He [Thornton] lost me at "Attorneys are well trained in Roman civil law, but they have near-zero training in common law. However, the common law trumps Roman civil law. Even the Supreme Court of the USA may not second guess a decision of the common law."
:)

Yeah, that's pretty funny.

We assume that Thornton is talking about American lawyers, so his delusion that "lawyers" are well trained in "Roman civil law" and have "near-zero" training in "common law" makes about as much sense as udders on a bull. And, the U.S. Supreme Court "may not second guess" a "decision of the common law"? Utter (or, maybe, "udder") gibberish.

Argubly, Thornton is yet another example of a miserable failure of the American educational system. And, the fact that at least one of Henrickson's Heroes is citing the nonsense from the 1215 dot org web site with favor is indicative of the cognitive level of such a person.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Now, I'm confused "decision of the common law", just who makes this "decision of the common law", the magic eight ball, the grand high court of Denny's???? Even for sovrun idiocy, this makes very little sense.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
beverlybrown

Post by beverlybrown »

My husband, having been a law school professor, can easily explain the differences in common v. civil law should you care to learn. Both common and civil law exist in the United States. You can contact him via his website at [admin: deleted commercial link]
Kestrel
Endangerer of Stupid Species

Post by Kestrel »

beverlybrown wrote:My husband, having been a law school professor, can easily explain the differences in common v. civil law should you care to learn. Both common and civil law exist in the United States. You can contact him via his website at...
Beverly, welcome to Quatloos.

Thank you for the suggestion, but he was being sarcastic. The "should you care to learn" comment was unnecessary. Many members of this board are lawyers and we know well the difference.

What he was referring to, sarcastically, was a delusion held by the many so-called sovereign citizens: that they can redefine the law to suit their own whims, a curious hodgepodge of civil law, criminal law, American, British, Canadian, Australian, French, and Roman law, assorted religious laws, and the Uniform Commerical Code, then convene "courts" of their own to declare the government defunct.
Last edited by Kestrel on Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig." - Robert Heinlein
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Many so-called "sovereign citizens" seem to view the "common law" as some sort of pre-eminent Supreme and Eternal Law. This site explains the delusion as well as any:

http://www.spunk.org/texts/writers/black/sp001650.html
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Paths of the Sea
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by Paths of the Sea »

One of Kent Hovind's people has, without comment, posted for "our" consideration the following 4 hour video from Bill Thornton:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSc407olGQ4

(No, I don't think I am going to be spending time trying to figure out any of the points of the video.)

Sincerely,
Maury Enthusiast!
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c33myCDqFg8

3 minute response to Thornton's video.
Paths of the Sea