Doreen Hendrickson Retrial Set for July 21, 2014

Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Re: Doreen Hendrickson Retrial Set for July 21, 2014

Post by Famspear »

I checked, and Doreen's reference is indeed to Mark E. Cedrone of the firm of Cedrone & Mancano, LLC in Philadelphia. At Mr. Cedrone's suggestion, Doreen attached, to her Motion, a copy of a letter from Cedrone dated December 5th that explains the realities of the limitations imposed on her by asking for help on such short notice.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

Famspear wrote:If she is talking about tax lawyer Mark E. Cedrone of Philadelphia, I think that would be heavy-duty legal representation.
She is, and it would be indeed. Mark Cedrone, however, is not about to spout Hendricksonian bullshit. While this could get interesting, it will all be moot if Judge Roberts refuses to continue the sentencing - which she may well do.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

The guilty verdict came back on July 25th.

On July 28th, sentencing was set for November 20th.

On October 24th sentencing was re-set for Wednesday, December 10th.

Now, two days before the re-scheduled day, Doreen is telling the Court that she is "overwhelmed".

Where is her hubby in all this? Blowhard Hendrickson still claims:
Pete Hendrickson is possibly the most effective lawyer in history, even while never having set foot in a law school, nor ever being a card-carrying member of "the bar"....
Where's her copy of his book, Cracking the Code? The reason she is facing jail time is because of her adherence to his tax theories, right? Blowhard Pete has claimed that his "analysis" of federal tax law is:
. . . . the most comprehensive and sophisticated research and analysis of the common, Constitutional, statutory and "case" law related to the American tax system in general and the "income" tax in particular ever conducted.
And, as Blowhard Hendrickson has written, it doesn't stop there:
But it doesn't stop there, either. Since the initial publication of CtC [Cracking the Code] [ . . . ] thousands of Americans who have gone to the trouble of putting aside their pre –conceptions and their skepticism and carefully read CtC have duplicated the first of my historic accomplishments . . . . EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THESE AMERICANS IS SIMPLY THE NEXT ONE ACCOMPLISHING SOMETHING NEVER ACHIEVED IN THE HISTORY OF THE INCOME TAX UNTIL CtC REVEALED THE TRUTH.
And, isn't avoiding jail time for using Hendrickson's CtC method/non-method relevant to the "income" tax subject? What has Blowhard Hendrickson written about that?

Oh, here it is:
ANYTHING THAT IS RELEVANT TO THE "INCOME" TAX SUBJECT WILL BE FOUND ACCURATELY AND APPROPRIATELY ADDRESSED IN CtC AND/OR ON THIS [losthorizons dot com] WEBSITE. ANYTHING NOT FOUND ADDRESSED IN CtC AND/OR ON THE WEBSITE IS NOT RELEVANT TO THE "INCOME" TAX SUBJECT, AND WILL INTERFERE WITH YOUR ACCURATE COMPREHENSION OF THE SUBJECT.
:twisted:
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

wserra wrote:
Famspear wrote:If she is talking about tax lawyer Mark E. Cedrone of Philadelphia, I think that would be heavy-duty legal representation.
She is, and it would be indeed. Mark Cedrone, however, is not about to spout Hendricksonian bullshit. While this could get interesting, it will all be moot if Judge Roberts refuses to continue the sentencing - which she may well do.
Wes, do you have an opinion on what the odds might be that the Court grants her this continuance?
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

wserra wrote:While this could get interesting, it will all be moot if Judge Roberts refuses to continue the sentencing - which she may well do.
I've never practiced criminal law, and so this is pure speculation on my part, but I think it's possible that the standards for 6th Amendment rights in a sentencing hearing aren't quite as high as the rights in the trial itself, and a defendant who insists on a course of conduct during a criminal trial isn't going to get a lot of sympathy/indulgence in asking for a last-minute delay in sentencing in order to bring in new counsel.

On the other hand, the judge might not care that much about when sentencing happens, and doesn't want to create an issue for appeal, and so might grant the continuance, consistent with the principle of least bother.

So, my money would say that a continuance is more likely than not.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
wserra

Post by wserra »

Neither granting nor denying an adjournment of the sentence would come close to an abuse of discretion. It's strictly up to Judge Roberts, and I don't know her.

If I had to put my money down, it would be on "sentence adjourned" - but only because that's what most judges I do know would do.
- David Hume
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

LPC wrote:....my money would say that a continuance is more likely than not.
wserra wrote:....If I had to put my money down, it would be on "sentence adjourned" - but only because that's what most judges I do know would do.
Thanks.
wserra

Post by wserra »

Today's two docket entries:
12/09/2014 120 NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE: Mark E. Cedrone appearing for Doreen M. Hendrickson (Cedrone, Mark) (Entered: 12/09/2014)

12/09/2014 TEXT-ONLY NOTICE: Sentencing Hearing on 12/10/2014 at 1:30 PM is Adjourned; new date to be set as to Doreen M. Hendrickson (CPin) (Entered: 12/09/2014)
- David Hume
Dr. Caligari
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Crickets

Post by Dr. Caligari »

wserra wrote:Neither granting nor denying an adjournment of the sentence would come close to an abuse of discretion. It's strictly up to Judge Roberts, and I don't know her.

If I had to put my money down, it would be on "sentence adjourned" - but only because that's what most judges I do know would do.
I don't know Judge Roberts, either, but I agree with Wes. If a reputable attorney wants to sign on, the judge is very likely to give him some time to come up to speed.
Dr. Caligari
(Du musst Caligari werden!)
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

Docket entry on Dec. 17, 2014:
Set/Reset Deadlines/Hearings as to Doreen M. Hendrickson: Sentencing reset for 4/9/2015 10:30 AM before District Judge Victoria A. Roberts - Defendant's sentencing memo due: 3/13/2015; Response due: 3/27/2015 (CPin) (Entered: 12/17/2014)
wserra

Post by wserra »

Mark Cedrone has filed his sentencing memo on behalf of Doreen. It is what you would expect - top-flight. Cedrone makes it clear that he doesn't buy into the bullshit without putting Doreen down. He marshals the legal Guideline arguments thoroughly, and presents Doreen personally in the best light possible. Were I the judge, I would not send her to jail.

Judge Roberts, however, may have had all she can take of these nitwits.
- David Hume
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

wserra wrote:Mark Cedrone has filed his sentencing memo on behalf of Doreen. It is what you would expect - top-flight. Cedrone makes it clear that he doesn't buy into the bullshit without putting Doreen down. He marshals the legal Guideline arguments thoroughly, and presents Doreen personally in the best light possible. Were I the judge, I would not send her to jail.

Judge Roberts, however, may have had all she can take of these nitwits.
Well maybe he goes a little over the top here;

"Doreen Hendrickson is a model citizen - a veritable Jeffersonian ideal of civic virtue."
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

Interesting read.

Something bothers me about the idea that "One cannot commit fraud by doing nothing."

My sense is that if you are made aware of a fraud that just happens to be to your economic advantage and you do nothing but reap the rewards, you have indeed, "done something."
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
LPC

Post by LPC »

wserra wrote:Cedrone makes it clear that he doesn't buy into the bullshit without putting Doreen down.
Page 1, second sentence of the Introduction: "Essentially, Mrs. Hendrickson will be
sentenced for having the temerity to stand behind her convictions and not cower to the
government’s efforts to silence her in expressing her sincerely held views concerning the Internal Revenue Code."

No, that is NOT why Doreen will be sentenced, and that quote sounds like Petey wrote it.

No one has ever tried to silence Peter or Doreen. As Judge Easterbrook pointed out: “The government may not prohibit the holding of these beliefs, but it may penalize people who act on them.” Coleman v. Commissioner, 791 F.2d 68, 69 (7th Cir. 1986).

Doreen is not being penalized for believing or expressing views concerning the Internal Revenue Code, but for continuing to act on them even after being told by the court that they were wrong.
wserra wrote:Were I the judge, I would not send her to jail.
Page 2: "Nonetheless, the Court should not impose a sentence that includes any period of incarceration, but rather sentence Mrs. Hendrickson to [a] period of probation that includes whatever conditions the Court deems appropriate." (Emphasis added.)

At the very least, "appropriate" conditions would include the condition that Doreen file correct tax returns.
Dan Evans
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

LPC wrote:....At the very least, "appropriate" conditions would include the condition that Doreen file correct tax returns.
Absolutely. Great point.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

I think over the top is the kindest thing I can say for it. I would have irreversibly biased after reading the introduction, with the sure and certain knowledge someone was trying to shine me. I realize that Cedrone is trying to do the best he can for his client, but there is a point at which it ceases. He is a quite a good writer if this is any indication, but it doesn’t alter the fact that he is trying to dress the pig up in a silk party dress, and it isn’t going to change the pig one bit. It will be interesting to see what the court does now.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

If there is the opportunity for Doreen to address the court prior to the sentence being handed down, this might be the point where Doreen might end up sending herself to jail. One can only wonder if Cedrone will have any influence in convincing Doreen to control her remarks or, even better, declining to make any comments at all.
Burnaby49 wrote:Well maybe he goes a little over the top here;

"Doreen Hendrickson is a model citizen - a veritable Jeffersonian ideal of civic virtue."
Yeah, I thought that Cedrone was really stretching here in trying to redeem Doreen; the last adjective I would have used to describe Doreen would have been "Jeffersonian." And virtuous? Law-abiding? This was the woman who helped secure the ingredients for Peter's mail bomb, no?
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
LPC

Post by LPC »

Mark Cedrone wrote:Doreen Hendrickson is a model citizen - a veritable Jeffersonian ideal of civic virtue.
Yeah, except for the lying on the tax returns and criminal contempt of court parts. Otherwise, ideal.
Mark Cedrone wrote:She is committed to her Country and has an abiding faith in its laws, including the Internal Revenue Code.
Except for the parts she has chosen to disregard.
Mark Cedrone wrote:In its Sentencing Memorandum, the government seems to propose that the offense in this case be viewed as a "tax fraud crime," yet the acts of criminal contempt alleged in the compound single count of conviction involved no such crime. There was no fraud and certainly no tax fraud involved in any of Mrs. Hendrickson's actions.
She filed returns reporting that she had no income even though she had income. That's fraud.
Mark Cedrone wrote:The orders Mrs. Hendrickson ostensibly violated
"Ostensibly"? A jury found beyond a reasonable doubt that not only violated the orders, but violated them willfully.
Mark Cedrone wrote:make no reference whatsoever to fraud and are accompanied by judicial findings - which led to the issuance of those orders - that do not recognize any suggestion of fraud. To the contrary, Mrs. Hendrickson took explicit steps to ensure that no one, including the United States, could possibly have been deceived or suffer from any misunderstanding of anything she did relevant to this case.
Sounds like the old "my lies were so obvious that no one could possibly have been deceived" defense.
Mark Cedrone wrote:Further, Mrs. Hendrickson did not fail to file any return required under any tax statute,
Actually, she did. Her returns were so frivolous that they weren't considered to be returns at all.
Mark Cedrone wrote:nor say anything on any tax-related document that she does not believe to be true, complete and correct to the best of her knowledge and belief, all of which was thoroughly established at her trial.
What was also thoroughly established at her trial was that her returns were false, and were in contempt of the court orders directed to her.
Mark Cedrone wrote:Nor did the acts alleged in the Indictment occasion or intend any loss to the government.
Of course a loss was intended. Doreen Hendrickson refused to admit that any tax was owed. If that is not intended to be a loss to the government, then what's the point?
Mark Cedrone wrote:Finally, although Mrs. Hendrickson does not seek to re-litigate her innocence herein, the Court in dispatching its sentencing duties should consider the fragility of her conviction.
Perhaps. But shouldn't the court also consider her arrogance, her self-serving posturing to evade taxes, and her contempt for the rule of law?
Dan Evans
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

I will go with both Observer and LPC here. The absolute last thing Cedrone can possibly want if for Doreen to open her mouth or otherwise address the court, at which point she would be sending herself to jail.

I'm not sure, even with the glowing statements of Mr Cedrone that it will, or should for that matter, make any difference. I can't imagine the judge forgetting her prior behavior in court, and since I doubt if she has really reformed, I really don't think she is due any favors. And anything at all should be predicated on her properly and legally filing the returns she has so far refused to file.

The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
wserra

Post by wserra »

Burnaby49 wrote:Well maybe he goes a little over the top here
notorial dissent wrote:he is trying to dress the pig up in a silk party dress
Yep. That's what a defendant's sentencing memo does.
- David Hume