Kent Hovind Since Sept 2013

darling
First Mate
First Mate

Re: Kent Hovind Since Sept 2013

Post by darling »

Paths of the Sea wrote:Could you post or send a link or something so that I could again have copies of those letters.
The file is too big to email. The filesharing site had deleted it but it's back there again:

http://www.filedropper.com/drdino
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

Dr. Caligari wrote:a grand jury which will then deliberate and return an indictment
Perhaps that's the practice, but I don't think it's the theory.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Paths of the Sea
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by Paths of the Sea »

darling wrote:
The file is too big to email.
The filesharing site had deleted it but it's back there again:

http://www.filedropper.com/drdino
Thanks.

That should resolve the problem regarding availability.

I'll pass it along.

Sincerely,
Maury Enthusiast!
Paths of the Sea

About that continuance Kent and his people have been talking about!

Filed January 26, 2015

IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE
NORTHERN DISTRICT OF FLORIDA
PENSACOLA DIVISION

UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

v. CASE NO. 3:14cr91/MCR

KENT E. HOVIND, et al.

GOVERNMENT’S THIRD MOTION FOR CONTINUANCE

(excerpts)

COMES NOW the United States of America and request a continuance of the jury trial now scheduled for jury selection on February 9, 2015, and as grounds for the request states:

Since that time (December 15, 2015), a family matter has caused the government attorney assigned this case to be out of the office from approximately December 29, 2014, through the date of the filing of this motion. The undersigned anticipates the attorney may not return to the office until approximately January 30, 2015, at the earliest.

...The government submits that granting the requested continuance would not result in a miscarriage of justice.

In addition, taking this case as a whole, and considering the complex nature of the law and facts involved in this case, failure to grant the government the requested continuance would unreasonably deny the government continuity of counsel and the reasonable time necessary for effective preparation.

Further, the need for a continuance is not for lack of due diligence by the government, but due to circumstances beyond government counsel’s control.

Therefore, the United States asks this Court to continue the trial now scheduled for February 9, 2015, and reschedule the case to this Court’s March 2015 trial term.

The government further asks that this Court find that the “ends of justice served by taking such action outweigh the best interest of the public and the defendant in a speedy trial.”

WHEREFORE, the undersigned Assistant United States Attorney files this motion with the Court.

Respectfully submitted,
PAMELA C. MARSH
United States Attorney
/s/ Nancy J. Hess
NANCY J. HESS
Assistant United States Attorney
Florida Bar Number 607169
21 E. Garden Street, Suite 400
Pensacola, Florida 32502-5675

------------------------------------------------------
Paths of the Sea

If anybody knows how I might get a copy of the transcript of Jo Hovind's sentencing transcript, I would appreciate being advised of how that might be done without going to the court and paying for it, and waiting who knows how long.

One of the witnesses to both Kent's and Jo's sentencing hearing, and who reported on both, is interested in reporting on the "rape" allegation being made against the judge. Being able to review Jo's sentencing transcript could add to the quality of that report.

Sincerely,
Maury Enthusiast!
Paths of the Sea

Kent's lawyer has filed a response objecting to the motion for a 3rd continuance.

Paul's lawyer filed a notice that he would not object to the continuance.

With Paul's request for release, and Kent's interest in being released, and the motion for a 3rd continuance, tomorrow's status hearing could be rather interesting.

Sincerely,
Maury Enthusiast!
Hyrion

Post by Hyrion »

Dr. Caligari wrote:So it is possible that subpoenas seeking evidence about Hovind were served with the caption saying, say, "February 1998 Grand Jury," "September 1999 Grand Jury" and "March 2000 Grand Jury," but that wouldn't mean that the first two grand juries declined to indict Hovind, only that they were never asked to.
Still... the subject in question is:
Ms.Heldmyer wrote:Mr. Hovind repeatedly said that there was a grand jury that refused to indict him. That is not true.
So... assuming you're correct that Mr. Hovind drew the conclusion as you indicate - and you may not be - he's still the best one to clarify that point.

As I said: Either Mr. Hovind can point to some evidence where he drew the conclusion that "two grand juries declined to indict him" or he can't. The requirement to prove Mr. Hovind's statement lies on him at this point.
Hyrion

Post by Hyrion »

For the record, with regards the claim that the "Grand Jury that declined to indict Hovind"

I wouldn't be surprised it was Hovind setting up a "Citizens Grand Jury at Denny's", it was stacked with people he knew (of course) and it was they who "declined to indict".

Of course.... if that's the case, I can fully see why Hovind doesn't want to identify when and where the Grand Jury was located who declined to indict him.
Samphire
Cannoneer
Cannoneer

Post by Samphire »

Of course.... if that's the case, I can fully see why Hovind doesn't want to identify when and where the Grand Jury was located who declined to indict him.
Which all goes to make a mockery of Rudy Davis' current vapid slogan "Shine a light and make a great [empty?] noise".

It was amusing the other day to hear Rudy ranting into his wife's camera whilst driving and using the adjective "freaking" ten times a minute (Amen, Brother) but suddenly, when he saw a police car too close for comfort, he accidentally lurched back into his doubtless more usual "Fucking". As Barringer would say, "Strike that".

I note that he doesn't use either word in his sycophantic conversations with Kent.

What a f******** f****r!

* freaking
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

What I'm still wanting to know is how Kent "knows" that one of the grand juries declined to indict him, when those proceedings are supposed to be and remain secret? I would personally be surprised if he hadn't been investigated by more than one grand jury and that when their term expired the investigation was just passed along or inherited by the incoming grand jury.

I rather suspect that several may have been used for investigatory processes, and that only when the gov't felt they really had an airtight case did they go to the jury and ask for an indictment.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Pirate Purveyor of the Last Word

Post by . »

I'm not sure why all of this Hovind junk is on this board.

He may be a Jesus-freak/sov-cit, idiotic employment-tax-cheat kinda guy with structuring problems, not to mention a big dose of delusions, but he's not much of a TP, at least not as generally understood around here. More like a common (tax) criminal.

His adherents and detractors seem to feel the need to inform the world every time he or one of his doofus followers burps up any fatuity. Which are myriad and incessant.

Who cares? Perhaps I'm wrong and someone can explain why this clown is actually a real TP, say, at least on the order of Dick Simkanin, and not just the religio-nut-job that he seems to be -- and to whom taxes are just an inconvenience in the pursuit of dinosaurs.

As an aside, I checked the Google to see what Simkanin was up to, if anything, and it turns out that he died in federal prison back in 2010. After being released and then violating the terms of his release and being tossed back in prison for another 6.5 years. He only managed to serve about 6 months of that. Good job, Dick. Ruin your life and die in prison -- truly worthy of the TP designation. All over a bunch of 941s.
All the States incorporated daughter corporations for transaction of business in the 1960s or so. - Some voice in Van Pelt's head, circa 2006.
darling
First Mate
First Mate

Post by darling »

. wrote:Who cares? Perhaps I'm wrong and someone can explain why this clown is actually a real TP, say, at least on the order of Dick Simkanin, and not just the religio-nut-job that he seems to be -- and to whom taxes are just an inconvenience in the pursuit of dinosaurs.
Take a look at Hovind's income tax letter:
http://famguardian.org/subjects/Taxes/A ... Letter.htm

It's a veritable tax protester drinking game goldmine. ALL CAPS; income tax is voluntary; incorrect citation of Lucas v. Earl; nothing makes him "liable"; "includes" is restrictive; etc. etc.
Duke2Earl
Eighth Operator of the Delusional Mooloo

Post by Duke2Earl »

I agree that Mr. Hovind is a tax protester. I agree that updates on his situation are warranted here. I am however also puzzled by the fascination with his situation that seems to far exceed the coverage of any other protester ever. It always bears consideration that protesters crave attention. The amount of attention devoted here to Mr. Hovind is extraordinary indeed. I am not quite sure why he deserves it.
My choice early in life was to either be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politican. And to tell the truth there's hardly any difference.

Harry S Truman
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

. wrote:I'm not sure why all of this Hovind junk is on this board....
Duke2Earl wrote:.......I am however also puzzled by the fascination with his situation that seems to far exceed the coverage of any other protester ever....
OK, so it's obvious that I'm not the only one who has been having these kinds of thoughts.

But, I think part of the answer is that:

.....the pickin's are slim lately.

Somewhere around 2007 or 2008 or so, I started noticing that the number of my interactions with tax protesters on the internet started dropping off. The "sovereign citizen" garbage was increasing, and the garden variety tax protesters seemed to wane.

What I have not done is try to compare the number of reported tax protester court cases in, say the past year, to the number of cases reported back around 2005.

I do find Hovind a bit boring. I suspect that part of the reason for the amount of attention focused on Hovind is that there isn't as much other stuff to talk about as there used to be.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Samphire
Cannoneer
Cannoneer

Post by Samphire »

I am not quite sure why he deserves it.
I know, it's a complete mystery. He's almost a complete unknown. If you go on You Tube there's nothing to see. Google his name and nothing comes up. It's not even as though he made something of a career of having debates against dozens of university professors or made himself known to the general public by travelling around the country holding hundreds of "seminars" each year. Nor despite not having three (or is it four?) cheaply purchased Doctorates was he an anti-educationalist who worked constantly to lay on American youth the dead hand of Young Earth Creationism.

I can't make it out at all. I vote that his name is mentioned never again.
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

When I began editing Wikipedia in late 2005, Wikipedia was being deluged by tax protesters who wanted to re-write the tax-related articles to push the tax protester nonsense. It was a constant battle. About 2007 or so, I noticed a big change at Wikipedia. About 90% of the tax protesters just seemed to go away.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

Samphire wrote:I know, it's a complete mystery. He's almost a complete unknown. If you go on You Tube there's nothing to see. Google his name and nothing comes up. It's not even as though he made something of a career of having debates against dozens of university professors or made himself known to the general public by travelling around the country holding hundreds of "seminars" each year. Nor despite not having three (or is it four?) cheaply purchased Doctorates was he an anti-educationalist who worked constantly to lay on American youth the dead hand of Young Earth Creationism.

I can't make it out at all. I vote that his name is mentioned never again.
I find the "dino" and "creationism" stuff to be boring; I had never heard of the guy until he popped up on my radar for his tax problems. He doesn't seem to have an extensive, elaborate "message" regarding taxes; the tax protester beliefs he does hold seem to be a bit ancillary in some way. So, that's why I find him a bit boring, and that's why you don't see that many posts from me on this thread.
wserra

Post by wserra »

Famspear wrote:About 2007 or so, I noticed a big change at Wikipedia. About 90% of the tax protesters just seemed to go away.
It was probably the limericks.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

wserra wrote:
Famspear wrote:About 2007 or so, I noticed a big change at Wikipedia. About 90% of the tax protesters just seemed to go away.
It was probably the limericks.
:lol:

My secret weapon!

:lol:
Paths of the Sea

Samphire wrote:
It was amusing the other day to hear Rudy ranting into his wife's camera whilst driving and using the adjective "freaking" ten times a minute (Amen, Brother) but suddenly, when he saw a police car too close for comfort, he accidentally lurched back into his doubtless more usual "Fucking".

As Barringer would say, "Strike that".
I caught that myself.
Thanks for documenting your observation.

Sincerely,
Maury Enthusiast!