Kent Hovind Since Sept 2013

Samphire
Cannoneer
Cannoneer

Re: The Last Six Months of Kent Hovind

Post by Samphire »

Great News. Kent is planning to spend lots of money on a new college when he gets out. People will come for a year's course and get "educated" in Creation apologetics.

So what's wrong with correspondence courses, Dr.Dr.Dr.Dr.Kent? It worked for you and only cost a few dollars whereas a residential course would cost each sad dullard $thousands.

Oh! Silly me. I get it.

Or, he suggests, he might leave Pensacola and set up a camping ground. Is loitering within tent an arrestable offence in the States same as over here in the UK?

Fortunately for me, telling bad jokes isn't.
Paths of the Sea
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by Paths of the Sea »

-
Breaking News From Kent Hovind!

(Opinion: The bill, if passed, will NOT
send Kent Hovind home "now"! - RLBaty)

https://www.facebook.com/2peter3/posts/611136622296414

Posted: Friday, March 7, 2014
Time: About 10:00 AM MT

This morning the Senate Committee just passed
SB 1675 to give 1/3 off !!!

Now the entire Senate must pass it and then the
House.

PLEASE contact your senator ONE MORE TIME
and tell them to vote FOR SB 1675!

America has 5% of the world's population and
25% of the world's prisoners!

This is a giant money making racket and needs
to be scaled WAY BACK!

This bill will send me HOME NOW!

The Senate Judiciary Committee web site has
details if you care to follow!

PLEASE spread this blog to your mailing list and
encourage them to contact their senator and
representative too!

Thanks,
Kent Hovind

------------------------------------------
AndyK
Illuminatian Revenue Supremo Emeritus

Post by AndyK »

Hovind's reading comprehension hasn't improved during his stay in prison.

SB 1675 "Amends the federal criminal code to direct the Bureau of Prisons to offer evidence-based recidivism reduction programs to prisoners who have been assessed to need to participate in such programs."

Unless Hovind believes he's a threat of recidivism, he doesn't qualify fot it, even if it passes.
Taxes are the price we pay for a free society and to cover the responsibilities of the evaders
Paths of the Sea

AndyK wrote:
Hovind's reading comprehension hasn't
improved during his stay in prison.
I tend to agree, noting that Hovind gives no references to support his claims.

I think he misrepresents what is at play here.

I think this link provides a better look at what is going on and, as I said before, I don't whatever it is, if it passes, will get Kent out any sooner:

http://www.civilrights.org/advocacy/let ... minal.html

Sincerely,
Maury Enthusiast!
Paths of the Sea

KENT HOVIND TALKS ABOUT HIS
SECRET-NO-MORE LAWSUIT!

https://www.facebook.com/geena.ambrosia ... 8200765383

Via: "Gea Ambrosia"
Date: Saturday, March 8, 2014
Time: About 11:00 AM MT

(excerpts)

PLEASE read and consider the following:

God made it CLEAR in the 10 commandments (NOT 10 suggestions) "Thou shalt NOT bear false witness." Ex. 20:16; Mt. 19:18; Mk. 10:19; Acts 6:13 and scores of other verses.

Paul told his preacher boy Titus that some people must be made to "shut up" because they were leading whole houses astray! "Whose mouths must be stopped, who subvert whole houses, teaching things which they ought not (like evolution? or that I broke some law?) for filthy lucre's sake." Titus 1:11. Some of the skeptic and atheist web sites are causing people to doubt God's Word and leading them astray. (See also Psalm 63:11; Rom. 3:19)

Wars of aggression are generally wrong but wars to defend against aggression are generally fine. Don't start a fight but fight back to win if the situation calls for it. Confederate General Forrest said, "Attack! Always attack!"

America has laws (as do other countries) that everyone (including the government) should follow. There are obvious limits to the "freedom of speech" like NOT yelling "FIRE" in a crowded movie theater. Making false and defamatory statements or falsely accusing someone of committing a crime like "fraud" or making statements that are considered "Libel, Libel per Se and Injurious Falsehood" about someone is a crime! They need to be stopped.

I'm a peace loving man but... as "Wayne" said in the excellent movie "FireProof"..."It's on now! They done lite a fuse!"

Or as the Sackets often say in Louis Lamoure's books, "They brought it to me. They opened the ball so they can dance to the tune!"

If you find where ANYONE else (anywhere in the world) has published libelous statements about me (like documented in the suit)-not just mean or ugly or stupid statements-I get those all the time- but libelous-accusing me a breaking a law- please copy the entire article and all info you can find on the author and web site owner or founder and we will help them stop lying the same way we are helping the folks at "rationalwiki.org" understand.

I'm done letting them (or anyone else!) get by with it and harming my reputation and the outreach I have for the Lord.

Be sure to copy it all since they will probably delete the web site once they are served. No problem, once they publish it, they have broken the law. It's too late!

So-o-o-o-o-o, after my legal team and I read the lies posted about me on "rationalwiki.com" Feb. 8, 2014 we decided that was ENOUGH.

Their lies harm my reputation (and Alex's) and cause folks to not watch my DVDs and get saved.

On Feb. 20, 2014 we mailed in the lawsuit against Rationalwiki Foundation of 122 Girard Av. Albuquerque, NM 87106 and the article authors to the Northern District of Florida Federal Court (where I was tried). Case # 3:14cv94/RV/CJK.

You can get a pacer account www.pacer.gov and follow along as documents are sent in if you like.

I am suing the Rational Wiki Foundation and each of the authors and Alex, who is also lied about in their articles, is suing them separately as well.

Two authors are in England so the US Marshals will serve the British Embassy in Washington and their officials in England will serve them there.

My sources tell me the skeptic and atheist web sites are buzzing about the suit. They think it is not going to do anything and they hope I will be given more time in prison over this.

We'll see who's laughing in a few months.

We will keep you posted right here on details and developments in this lawsuit.

----------------------------------

RationalWikians are chatting up the above at:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1144215 ... 201147437/
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

I see Kent is now going full bore irrational, and really moved in to a fantasy realm of his own devising.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Paths of the Sea

notorial dissent wrote:

I see Kent is now going full bore irrational, and
really moved in to a fantasy realm of his own devising.

In my more cordial contacts with some of Kent's influential supporters, I have tried to suggest that his friends/family take serious the matter of Kent's mental health and possible undiagnosed mental infirmaties (NPD possibly being one of the least dangerous).

It does not appear they have taken me seriously or, possibly, Kent has steadfastly resisted such efforts.

Kent has not taken kindly to the Creation Science Hall of Fame (Nick Lally) project of sending Kent messages from supporters begging him to give up his anti-government, anti-tax antics and concentrate on "young-earth creation-science".

Sincerely,
Maury Enthusiast!
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

So, do you think he honestly believes that he wasn't convicted of what he was convicted of? Or just that truthfully reporting what he was convicted of somehow constitutes libel?
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
notorial dissent

Maury, I can appreciate your concern, but not understand it. It is my considered opinion that Kent really has lost what little touch with and tenuous grasp on reality he may ever have had, and I'm not convinced he ever had that much, but it is also my opinion, that he got that way largely through his family, and "friends", enabling him, for whatever reason, the least of which is that they are as out of touch with reality as he is.

I think NPD is a very good start, and he has either had, or is on the brink of having a total break with reality. I think, as things progress, he will get markedly worse, and retreat further in to his fantasy world where he is right and vindicated and he wins a bazillion dollar judgment against the US for daring to challenge his rightness. At this point, it is a case of he is right and no other view can be tolerated.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Paths of the Sea

grixit wrote:
So, do you think he honestly believes that
he wasn't convicted of what he was convicted
of?

Or just that truthfully reporting what he was
convicted of somehow constitutes libel?
I think Kent knows/believes he was convicted of what he was convicted of and he is really stretching to try and play a game of semantics in order to launch his latest PR game and go after RationalWiki.

I think the libel claims are clearly frivolous and it remains to be seen whether the Court will even allow him to "serve" RationalWiki, et al.

If "service" is allowed, I figure the case will be quickly dismissed upon motion(s) from RationalWiki, et al.

From a PR perspective, I am of the opinion the affair will do more damage to Kent's prospects of returning to preaching "young-earth creation-science" and further damage the prospects that Eric's attempt to salvage the family business in the stand-alone "Creation Today/God Quest" ministry.

It would be nice, however, to read Kent's deposition were the case to proceed to trial. Kent wouldn't testify at his criminal trial and would not prosecute his Tax Court case. He won't be able to get out of testifying, being deposed and cross-examined if the case were to proceed. Maybe it could even be videotaped.

Sincerely,
Maury Enthusiast!
Paths of the Sea

notorial dissent wrote:

Maury, I can appreciate your concern, but not understand it. It is my considered opinion that Kent really has lost what little touch with and tenuous grasp on reality he may ever have had, and I'm not convinced he ever had that much, but it is also my opinion, that he got that way largely through his family, and "friends", enabling him, for whatever reason, the least of which is that they are as out of touch with reality as he is.

I think NPD is a very good start, and he has either had, or is on the brink of having a total break with reality. I think, as things progress, he will get markedly worse, and retreat further in to his fantasy world where he is right and vindicated and he wins a bazillion dollar judgment against the US for daring to challenge his rightness. At this point, it is a case of he is right and no other view can be tolerated.
Thanks for the appreciation.

It seems to me, however, that you have a pretty good understanding as to that part of my position.

I am just a tyro, of course, and the mental issues as to Kent and Jo may be more severe than I imagine.

If it were not for the religious angle, his friends and family might have been able to get the mental health issues dealt with or otherwise resolved.

Kent seems to have sufficient support from religious, anti-government, anti-tax types to financially support him in his present circumstances and antics. They seem to be exploiting each other in my opinion, and we will just have to wait and see how that works out for the lot of them.

Sincerely,
Maury Enthusiast!
notorial dissent

Since Kent Hovind and truthful are mutually exclusive, I think we use that as a starting point.

I wonder if Kent and his wunderkind "legal counsel" are aware, that if he attempts to go to trial with this that he will be subject to deposition and discovery, and that he will have to answer whatever questions are put to him whether he wants to or not?

i think the right questions, asked in the right way could be extremely hazardous to his prospects, his credibility having long since been deep sixed.
Paths of the Sea

notorial dissent wrote:

I wonder if Kent and his wunderkind "legal counsel"
are aware, that if he attempts to go to trial with
this that he will be subject to deposition and
discovery, and that he will have to answer whatever
questions are put to him whether he wants to or not?

I think I have alluded to that in earlier messages. While Kent has bragged a bit about getting his chance to pursue discovery as to RationalWiki, I think that would backfire on him as, as you say, he would be subject to discovery and deposition.

While quite unlikely, I think it would be kinda neat if the case was allowed to proceed and RationalWiki was of a mind to proceed with discovery and depositions and all before filing and being granted a dismissal motion.

For now, I guess we'll just have to wait and see if the Court even allows for "service" or simply disposes of the case on its own initiative; and that properly so.

Sincerely,
Maury Enthusiast!
Samphire
Cannoneer
Cannoneer

Post by Samphire »

Jo's tax court judgment states that petitioner Jo Hovind "also contends that any fraudulent intent during the years at issue was attributable to Mr. Hovind."

So even Kent's wife accuses him of fraud. Will Kent be suing her as well? Perhaps he is not yet aware of the judgment.
Paths of the Sea

Samphire wrote:
Jo's tax court judgment states that petitioner
Jo Hovind "also contends that any fraudulent
intent during the years at issue was attributable
to Mr. Hovind."

So even Kent's wife accuses him of fraud.

Will Kent be suing her as well?

Perhaps he is not yet aware of the judgment.
That's a good point, and reminds me of how Jo also didn't want Kent's case being tried with hers when she had the chance. The Court obliged and the cases were split.

But...

I figure Kent would probably interpret that as meaning that IF there was any fraudulent intent, and there wasn't any.

I don't think you will find Kent anywhere discussing the fraud finding in his Tax Court case. Who knows, maybe Kent will beat the fraud charge with his appeal which is still pending! :o)

When I was communicating directly with Kent via his CorrLinks account, he told me he had no idea that Jo's case had been decided. I found that hard to believe, but it could be a further reflection of just how strained the relationship has become.

In Eric's recent YouTube interview he discussed some of the strains on the family and the different courses he and his dad are now taking.

Has everyone seen that?

Here's the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GADfTc_j9Y

Sincerely,
Maury Enthusiast!
Samphire
Cannoneer
Cannoneer

Post by Samphire »

You wrote:
I figure Kent would probably interpret that as meaning that IF there was any fraudulent intent, and there wasn't any.
That's not what the court found so it doesn’t matter what Kent thinks. It determined that there were a number of tests for fraudulent intention and that Jo's behaviour in a number of respects passed those tests. Kent would have to argue that he knew nothing of what Jo was up to for ten years to absolve himself. But Kent was up to the very same misbehaviour such as failing to make tax returns, failing to provide information upon request, failing to keep records, failing to co-operate with the IRS in their investigations etc and so the same tests for fraudulent intent which applied to Jo also apply to him.

In one matter Jo was more culpable than Kent in that, in addition to failing to declare CSE income, she failed to declare $150ish per week over a number of years of piano lesson fees (which she also stupidly characterised as "love offerings") but, as the Federal court gave Kent a sentence ten times as long as Jo’s, the strong implication must be that it considered him to have had control of the business and to be considerably more culpable than his wife. Somehow, I can’t see Kent standing up in a court to declare that, despite running his household on strong Christian fundamentalist lines, he had no control over or knowledge of his wife’s fraudulent actions in the running of his business affairs.

Also, it wasn’t Jo but Kent who stated that he had spent “hundreds of hours over four years speaking on the phone” to the crook Glen Stoll on matters relating to tax avoidance/evasion.

So, lots of fun avenues for a defence attorney to explore when Kent finally makes the witness stand.

Finally, what a kick in the teeth for Jo having been found guilty by the tax court of serious fraud over a number of years only to have her husband claim that, unlike Jo, he is innocent of such offences. The Black Knight just doesn’t know when to retire gracefully and admit defeat.
notorial dissent

It shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone, least of all Jo, that Kent threw her under the bus at his trial. He hasn't been honest about anything else, and there is no reason to expect him to start any time soon. It is all someone else's fault, his intentions were pure, you have his word on that, so I don't suspect that Jo is really feeling the love right now, and I rather suspect she'll feel even less of it if she actually gets the prison sentence she more or less deserves. Maybe prison will be a wake up call to her about what her husband has been up to, although I doubt it.
operabuff
Pirate
Pirate

Post by operabuff »

Samphire wrote: Finally, what a kick in the teeth for Jo having been found guilty by the tax court of serious fraud over a number of years only to have her husband claim that, unlike Jo, he is innocent of such offences. The Black Knight just doesn’t know when to retire gracefully and admit defeat.
Just to be clear, the Tax Court did not (and could not) find Jo guilty of fraud. They found that she was liable for the civil fraud penalty. It's not the same thing.
Samphire
Cannoneer
Cannoneer

Post by Samphire »

Just to be clear, the Tax Court did not (and could not) find Jo guilty of fraud. They found that she was liable for the civil fraud penalty. It's not the same thing.
That is true. But they did find that she operated with fraudulent intent and such a finding would be sufficient, if applied to Kent, to defeat any suit by him claiming damage to his good reputation.

Even the Creation Science Hall of Fame claimed Kent's reputation was that of a tax protestor, a characterisation which Kent vehemently denies although it should be noted that in the video referenced above an exasperated Eric seems to think that he was/is. I wish they would all get their stories aligned. It’s just like asking twenty YECists to agree on the top rock stratum on the day before the Flood commenced. They cannot do it.
Pirate Purveyor of the Last Word

Post by . »

Love offerings.

That's a new one.

Yup, that $7K/year for services performed was all gifts. She's obviously not much of a TP. Assuming that it was even her idea.
All the States incorporated daughter corporations for transaction of business in the 1960s or so. - Some voice in Van Pelt's head, circa 2006.