Kent Hovind Since Sept 2013

LaVidaRoja
Basileus Quatlooseus

Re: Kent Hovind Since Sept 2013

Post by LaVidaRoja »

A left-leaning italic has been suggested by more than one net poster. It is not a commonly available font. Too bad.
Little boys who tell lies grow up to be weathermen.
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

Gea Ambrosia wrote:Club Creation is hosting a

30 HOUR FAMINE TO FREE DR. HOVIND
that takes place on Friday, June 20 2014

Ask for more details.

FYI: June 20 2014 marks 30 plus days Dr. Hovind
has been on 23 hour lock down so I thought the
least We could do was go on a 30 hour fast to show
support for Dr. Hovind as a group.
Ummmm.... there's a difference between a "famine" and a "fast."

For myself, I'm calling for a 30 houe plague, followed by a 30 hour pestilence.

All voluntary, of course.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

I like your idea better!!!! Much more entertaining.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Pity i'm trying to lose weight. 30 Hours of Lasagna sounds like an event i could get behind.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

30 HOURS? That's nothing. It needs to be bigger, like days. No, twice as big. Make it 60 days. That's better, that will get the publicity. So, would all Kent's supporters fast for 60 days and we'll look in in a while. Say about two months.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
notorial dissent

I can eat an awful lot of good lasagna though, sounds good to me.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Paths of the Sea
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by Paths of the Sea »

LPC wrote:
Gea has responded to such criticisms by claiming that "famine" is Canadian for "fast".

I wouldn't know about that.

Sincerely,
Maury Enthusiast!
grixit

Post by grixit »

notorial dissent wrote:I can eat an awful lot of good lasagna though, sounds good to me.
My father's recipe: saute onions in olive oil. Grind steak. Mix the ground steak with tomato paste, ricotta, and spices. Add it to the pan of olive oil and brown it. Boil the pasta until tacky. Coat the inside of a large casserole dish with olive oil. Lay pasta in dish. Cover with a layer of the meat, followed by a layer of mozzarella and provolone. Add a bit more olive oil. Repeat until the casserole is full. Add a thick coating of ground parmisan. Bake.

I grew up thinking lasagna was a meat dish with pasta in it.

. . . . . . Dr Pepper
Fmotlgroupie

Post by Fmotlgroupie »

Paths of the Sea wrote:
LPC wrote:
Gea has responded to such criticisms by claiming that "famine" is Canadian for "fast".

I wouldn't know about that.

Sincerely,
Maury Enthusiast!
The 30 hour famine is certainly a widespread practice in Canada, mostly at the high school level, to raise money/awareness for actual famines and malnutrition. The appropriateness of the gesture is definitely open to debate.
operabuff
Pirate
Pirate

Post by operabuff »

It looks like the concept of time limited "famines" is in vogue throughout the world. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Famine_events
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

notorial dissent wrote:Webhick, thanks, but I was thinking of something a little more obvious and pointed, particularly since we seem to have some people for whom sarcasm seems to be opaque and a few posters who are, for lack of a less polite explanation, totally oblivious unless you hit them over the head to get their attention. Fogbow has a really delightful sarcasm icon, and I've seen several others as well.
Done.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Fmotlgroupie

Post by Fmotlgroupie »

webhick wrote:
notorial dissent wrote:Webhick, thanks, but I was thinking of something a little more obvious and pointed, particularly since we seem to have some people for whom sarcasm seems to be opaque and a few posters who are, for lack of a less polite explanation, totally oblivious unless you hit them over the head to get their attention. Fogbow has a really delightful sarcasm icon, and I've seen several others as well.
Done.
:sarcasmon: well that wasn't super quick work! :sarcasmon:
notorial dissent

Thank you, much appreciated.
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

operabuff wrote:It looks like the concept of time limited "famines" is in vogue throughout the world. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Famine_events
Which shows how the meanings of words can change, often for the worse.

Someone at some time decided to organize a 30-hour fast to raise awareness or support for actual famines, and called it a "30 hour famine" trying to be cute. Other people followed suit. Now, some people are confused about the difference between "fast" and "famine" and are trying to organize "famines" to show support for things having nothing to do with hunger in the world.

I recently heard someone report (in all seriousness, I think) that the spread of the flu last winter had "gone viral," so that the meaning of the word "viral" had gone full circle, from (originally) describing the spread of diseases, then to the popularity of videos on the Internet, and back to describing the spread of diseases.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
grixit

Post by grixit »

Our word "famine" is from the french "faim", which just means "hunger". So it is actually possible that Canada retains that original usage as one of the meanings of the english word.

. . . . . . Dr Pepper
Paths of the Sea

Gea's telephone interview with Kent Hovind today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5lxJxI ... e=youtu.be

----------------------------------------
Paths of the Sea

Kent Hovind Facing Criminal Contempt Consequences!

CASE NO.: 3:06cr83/MCR
Filed July 8, 2014

UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT
NORTHERN DISTRICT OF FLORIDA
PENSACOLA DIVISION

UNITED STATES OF AMERICA,
Plaintiff,

v.

KENT E. HOVIND,
Defendant.

ORDER

(excerpts)

The Government has filed a renewed motion for an order requiring Kent E. Hovind
to show cause why he should not be held in criminal contempt for violating an order of the
Court.

Having fully considered the matter, the Court finds that the motion is due to be granted.

...the Court entered an injunction against Creation Science Evangelism and other named entities “and their representatives or agents” permanently enjoining them “from seeking to file or otherwise create a lien on properties without first obtaining an order from this Court.”

The Government maintains Hovind willfully violated this order and should be punished.

In response, Hovind argues that the Government’s renewed motion is untimely and, in any event, he was unaware of the preliminary injunction entered in the civil suit and thus could not have acted willfully.

The Court rejects as meritless Hovind’s argument that the Government’s renewed motion is untimely.

A court has power to punish by fine or imprisonment, or both, conduct that is a contempt of the court’s authority or “[d]isobedience or resistance to its lawful writ, process, order, rule, decree or command.” 18 U.S.C. § 401.

A contempt sanction is considered criminal if the sanction is punitive in nature and imposed “to vindicate the authority of the court.” Serra Chevrolet, Inc. v. Gen. Motors Corp., 446 F.3d 1137, 1147 (11th Cir. 2006) (internal marks omitted).

Criminal contempt requires proof of

(1) a lawful and reasonably specific order that
(2) the defendant has violated
(3) willfully.

The Government argues that Hovind has willfully violated a reasonably specific permanent injunction order.

Although Hovind asserts he was unaware of the order, the record shows that Hovind has been a representative or agent of the entities that were specifically enjoined and that the properties on which Hovind filed the offending liens had been forfeited to the Government in Hovind’s own criminal case.

...the Court finds that probable cause exists to issue a criminal contempt notice and show cause order for Hovind’s conduct of filing lis pendens encumbering the Government’s property in violation of the permanent injunction order dated June 27, 2012.

Criminal contempt proceedings will be separately initiated by notice.

Accordingly:

1. The Government’s Renewed Motion for Order to Show Cause (doc. 470) is

GRANTED.

2. A notice and order requiring Hovind to show cause why he should not be
punished for criminal contempt will be filed separately as a new cause of action.

3. The Clerk is directed to mail a copy of this Order to Kent E. Hovind (BOP #
06452-017) at FPC Maxwell AFB, Montgomery, AL 36112, or wherever he may be housed.

DONE and ORDERED
this 8th day of July, 2014.

M. Casey Rodgers
M. CASEY RODGERS
CHIEF UNITED STATES DISTRICT JUDGE

--------------------------------------------
Dr. Caligari
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Crickets

Post by Dr. Caligari »

Isn't Hovind scheduled to be released soon? A criminal contempt sentence may extend his stay.
Dr. Caligari
(Du musst Caligari werden!)
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

Dr. Caligari wrote:Isn't Hovind scheduled to be released soon? A criminal contempt sentence may extend his stay.
August 11, 2015 is the current projected release date.

EDIT: If I were Kent, I wouldn't start packing just yet.

:|
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Paths of the Sea

Dr. Caligari wrote:
Isn't Hovind scheduled to be released soon?

A criminal contempt sentence may extend his stay.
I think it is correct that his official release date is August 2015, but he is reportedly scheduled for pre-release to a half-way house in Pensacola in February of 2015.

Of course, Hovind has been trying to lobby for an even earlier release to a half-way house, but that effort hasn't gone anywhere. I think he sued the NH officials for not giving him an additional 6 months pre-release which would have been next month.

As the Court was advised, additional time would be the appropriate remedy should the Court find Hovind guilty of criminal contempt.

Sincerely,
Maury Enthusiast!