Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Kent Hovind Since Sept 2013

Post by Paths of the Sea »

wserra wrote:
Doc Fogbound again.
Nothing new here.
Oh, I don't know about that.

Maybe they will at least quit trying to characterize Ernie Land as one of Kent's lawyers.

I think the Internet reports indicate that Ernie was the one who actually filed those lis pendens claims for Kent.

Would that subject him to any consequences as an "accomplice" in the criminal contempt?

Sincerely,
Maury Enthusiast!
Paths of the Sea

Kent Hovind's Separately Filed Criminal Contempt Case

UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT
NORTHERN DISTRICT OF FLORIDA
PENSACOLA DIVISION

In re: KENT E. HOVIND,

Misc. Case No. _____________________/

NOTICE OF CRIMINAL CONTEMPT PROCEEDINGS
AND SHOW CAUSE ORDER

(excerpts)

On the Government’s motion in United States v. Hovind, 3:06cr83 (N.D. Fla.), the Court has found cause to initiate criminal contempt proceedings against Kent E. Hovind.

Therefore, pursuant to the Court’s inherent and statutory contempt power, criminal contempt proceedings are hereby initiated against Kent E. Hovind on the Government’s charge that he willfully violated an injunction order of this
Court.

Criminal contempt need not be charged by indictment.

Instead, a notice of criminal contempt initiates the proceedings, and the notice need only state the time and place of the trial, allow the defendant a reasonable time to prepare a defense, and state the essential facts constituting the charged criminal contempt and describing it as such.

Because criminal contempt proceedings are indeed criminal, a person charged with criminal contempt is entitled to the same constitutional protections due in all criminal proceedings.

In its discretion, the Court may try criminal contempt without a jury when the actual penalty imposed does not exceed six months’ imprisonment.

As required by Rule 42(a)(1)(C) of the Federal Rules of Criminal Procedure, the Court hereby provides notice of the essential facts constituting the charge of criminal contempt:

(snip, snip)

Accordingly:

Kent E. Hovind is required to appear before the Court at 8:00 a.m., on September 8, 2014, to show cause why he should not be held in criminal contempt of Court, pursuant to 18 U.S.C. § 401(3) and Fed. R. Crim. P. 42(a). This will be a jury trial and will be held in Courtroom 5, United States District Court for the Northern District of Florida, Pensacola Division, located on One North Palafox
Street, Pensacola, Florida 32502.

Kent E. Hovind must notify the Court within 15 calendar days of service of this Order if he desires court-appointed counsel. If court-appointed counsel is requested, Hovind will be required to provide the requisite financial information for the Court to make a determination of his right to such appointment.

The Government states it is prepared to appoint a criminal prosecutor to the case. Thus, the Court hereby appoints the United States Attorney’s Office for this District to prosecute the contempt.

The United States Marshal is directed to promptly provide transport of Kent E. Hovind (BOP # 06452-017) from FPC Maxwell AFB, Montgomery, AL 36112, or wherever he may be housed, to this district to appear for trial on September 8, 2014. Defendant shall remain in custody within this district pending trial.

DONE AND ORDERED
this 8th day of July, 2014.

s/ M. Casey Rodgers
M. CASEY RODGERS
CHIEF UNITED STATES DISTRICT JUDGE

-------------------------------------------------
Dr. Caligari
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Crickets

Post by Dr. Caligari »

That doesn't look good for Brother Hovind.
Dr. Caligari
(Du musst Caligari werden!)
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Looks like Kent has some unpleasant travel plans in his future.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

In its discretion, the Court may try criminal contempt without a jury when the actual penalty imposed does not exceed six months’ imprisonment.

[snip]

Kent E. Hovind is required to appear before the Court at 8:00 a.m., on September 8, 2014, to show cause why he should not be held in criminal contempt of Court, pursuant to 18 U.S.C. § 401(3) and Fed. R. Crim. P. 42(a). This will be a jury trial and will be held in Courtroom 5, United States District Court for the Northern District of Florida, Pensacola Division, located on One North Palafox Street, Pensacola, Florida 32502.
This will be a jury trial?

That's not good.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
notorial dissent

You noticed that too!

Considering the way the order is worded and the fact that they are going for a jury trial when there wouldn't be a need if this were just a slap on the wrist action, makes me wonder if they haven't gotten really tired of Kent's little tricks and acting outs and decided the hammer approach is due since the carrot and stick approach so very obviously didn't work.

Kent doesn't seem to comprehend subtle, so I would guess this is next.

My thinking is that Kent had best do a quick request for and huddle with his court appointed attorney and then STFU before he gets himself in any more trouble, not that either of those three things is going to happen. I have faith in Kent's ability to just keep right on shooting himself in the foot.

I'm thinking maybe Kent had best not count on that early release and half way house any time soon.

Any thing further been heard on that libel suit he and his besty filed down in FL?
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Paths of the Sea

notorial dissent wrote:

My thinking is that Kent had best do a quick request for and huddle with his court appointed attorney and then...

Any thing further been heard on that libel suit he and his besty filed down in FL?

Last I checked that libel suit has NOT been going anywhere; RationalWiki and its people still have not been officially served with notice of the suit.

As for that court appointed lawyer for the criminal contempt complaint, it has yet to be seen if Hovind will opt for that and make the financial disclosures necessary to qualify.

After all, he has that legal dream team he is high on utilizing. It will be interesting to see how that goes now that another trial is looming.

Hovind did not put on a defense in his earlier criminal trial.
Hovind did not prosecute his U.S. Tax Court case.

What will Hovind do now?

Sincerely,
Maury Enthusiast!
notorial dissent

Paths of the Sea wrote:What will Hovind do now?

Sincerely,
Maury Enthusiast!
Bury his head in the sand like he always does and go ne ne ne ne.

I have been half way, well more than half way really, expecting the FL suits to go away for failure to prosecute.
Paths of the Sea

Another Update From Kent Hovind Today

https://www.facebook.com/2peter3/posts/680941375315938

Posted Date: Friday, July 18, 2014
Time: About 3:00 PM MT

(excerpts)

7/18/2014
Blog- to all:

Well, it looks like another move any day.

I've been designated to Yazoo, MS.

The camp there has 160 men and the medium next door has 1100.

New address will be:

Kent Hovind #06452-017

FPC Yazoo

PO Box 5000

Yazoo City, MS 39194.

It seems that I will fly from here to Oklahoma City on "con air," stay there for x days or weeks and then take a 10 hr bus ride in shackles from there to Dallas and then to Yazoo.

I've been all over the country in chains now!

I've only gotten mail twice in the last 6 weeks so there will be a PILE of it someplace that will EVENTUALLY catch up to me.

Maybe!

I will NOT miss this Atlanta holdover!
This is my 3rd time here.
It's like a dungeon.
I'm locked in my room 23 hrs/day 5 days a week and then 24/7 for the weekends.

We get fed through the door.
I can lay on my 27" steel bed with the 2" "mattress" (that compresses to 1") and can reach out and touch the toilet with one hand and smash roaches on the block wall my bed is anchored to with the other.

Got over 50 so far!

I'm still fast for an old man!

They are small ones though and only once did they wake me up crawling on my arm.

I've had many who wrote to tell me that they read about me on some gloating atheist web site or blog and wondered "Why do they hate this guy so much? I better check him out."

For those who don't know- the judge in my case (same one) has asked the US Attorney to charge me with "contempt of court" (over the lis pendens I filed over a year ago) in a new trial she scheduled for this Sept. 8.

She wants to add MORE time to my sentence!

The legal team thinks it's just retaliation for the Complaints of Misconduct I filed against her and the US Attorneys.

I filed a Rule 59 (e) motion last night that SHOULD stop all this IF there is ANY justice left in America.

Please spread it around to any who claim I broke some law to come here!

Since I have not had my property or legal files for over 2 months and may not get to Yazoo anytime soon and even then may not get my property for another month it sure seems unfair to have a trial when I cannot possibly prepare.

She ordered me moved to Pensacola to await trial but that would most likely put in the county jail where I STILL would not have my property.

Kent Hovind

06452-017
USP
Box 150160
Atlanta, GA 30315 (for now)

--------------------------------------------------------
Dr. Caligari
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Crickets

Post by Dr. Caligari »

I filed a Rule 59 (e) motion last night that SHOULD stop all this IF there is ANY justice left in America.
It sounds like he is referring to Rule 59 (e) of the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure, because there in no Criminal Rule 59 (e). So no, that will not stop anything.
Dr. Caligari
(Du musst Caligari werden!)
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Roaches in the cell is a legitimate cause for filing a complaint. But why do that when you can file a bogus action to try to to stop the judge from penalizing you for your previous bogus action.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

LPC wrote: ...
This will be a jury trial?

That's not good.
Has Hovind ever handled is own case in front of a jury?
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
Paths of the Sea

Judge Roy Bean wrote:
Has Hovind ever handled is own case in front of a jury?
I don't think so.

It will be interesting to see how that aspect of the case works out.

Will he go it alone and not put on a defense?
Will he go it along and put on a defense?
Will he try to get a government lawyer to represent him?
Is there a lawyer on his "legal dream team" to represent him?
Will Ernie Land be told he can't sit at Hovind's table?

It could be a real entertaining show if Hovind will just cooperate in putting on a production worthy of his historical antics.

Maybe the Pensacola media will even give it some coverage and the possible public demonstrations of support for Hovind that might take place outside the courtroom and throughout the trial.

Sincerely,
Maury Enthusiast!
notorial dissent

I suspect it is more likely that he will do what he has been doing all along, sitting with his eyes closed, fingers in his ears, and going na na na na na to himself while the judge hands down a further sentence. He hasn't shown any prior sense, so I don't see any reason why he should change his winning strategy at this late date
Paths of the Sea

Interesting post to Kent's blog page. It's not dated, but appears to be related to the criminal contempt trial scheduled for September 8, 2014.

http://www.2peter3.com/Blogs/appeal.pdf

Hey folks,

If you know any lawyers who would be willing
to look at the newest case (see previous blog
about adding more time!) and offer free advice
please have them contact

- Geena
- gfamilyservices@hotmail.com .

In the multitude of counselors... :)

Kent Hovind
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

Dr. Dino wrote:If you know any lawyers who would be willing to look at the newest case (see previous blog about adding more time!) and offer free advice please have them contact
Elaine from Airplane wrote:There's no reason to become alarmed, and we hope you'll enjoy the rest of your flight. By the way, is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane?
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
notorial dissent

He's wanting free advice from his coterie of misfits followers, when he has the offer of a perfectly good PD? Yup, sounds like he is running true to form.

This will just end well, I can tell.
darling
First Mate
First Mate

Post by darling »

Dr. Caligari wrote:It sounds like he is referring to Rule 59 (e) of the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure, because there in no Criminal Rule 59 (e). So no, that will not stop anything.
Not my area of law but I would have agreed with you: Civil Procedure for Civil Law, Criminal Procedure for Criminal Law. However, I'm a little confused because the judge refers to the Civil Rules in her latest order:

"The Federal Rules of Civil Procedure provide that when computing time for a period stated in days, the day of the event is excluded and every day thereafter is counted, “but if the last day is a Saturday, Sunday, or legal holiday, the period continues to run until the end of the next day that is not a Saturday, Sunday or legal holiday.” Fed. R. Civ. P. 6(a)(1)(C)."

There's an identical provision in the Crim Procedure Rule 45, so is this just a mistake by the judge's clerk?