Kent Hovind Since Sept 2013

Dr. Caligari
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Crickets

Re: Kent Hovind Since Sept 2013

Post by Dr. Caligari »

notorial dissent wrote:I don't know if I would put the same spin on it you have, but I really can't imagine the feelings with Mrs Dr Dino are all warm and fuzzy after her stint in prison, effectively at his hand, that I jsut can't see, beyond that I have no speculations.
Maybe so, maybe not. The Hendrickson family all seem happy with Prevaricating Pete putting himself and now Doreen into prison.
notorial dissent wrote:What I do see is that he is becoming ever more self destructive and in a downward spiral at that. I don't think any of his legal wranglings are going to amount to anything, as there is no basis for any of them. I think the criminal contempt is going to cost him and cost him dearly and the rest of the civil stuff is going to sooner or later get flushed as it so richly deserves.
That I agree with 100%.
Dr. Caligari
(Du musst Caligari werden!)
Paths of the Sea
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by Paths of the Sea »

Kent Hovind Appears in Court Today!

Filed August 15, 2015

UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT
NORTHERN DISTRICT OF FLORIDA
PENSACOLA DIVISION

IN RE:

GRAND JURY PROCEEDINGS

Investigative Matter 2014R00262
Misc. No. 3:14mc53/MCR/EMT

ORDER

Defendant having appeared before the court, and having been examined by the undersigned, and the court having determined from the sworn testimony of the Defendant that said Defendant is qualified for appointment of counsel pursuant to the provisions of the Criminal Justice Act,

it is hereby ORDERED:

The FEDERAL PUBLIC DEFENDER,
Blount Building
Suite 200, 3 West Garden Street
Pensacola, Florida 32502
telephone number (850) 432-1418,

is appointed to represent this Defendant and serve as counsel of record in the abovestyled cause.

Further proceedings will be held before the United States District Court

AS DIRECTED.

The Defendant is presently in custody.

If a Criminal Justice Act (CJA) panel attorney is selected by the Public Defender as Defendant's attorney, this order authorizes payment of the CJA attorney for work on behalf of Defendant from the time that attorney was contacted by the Public Defender to take the case and agreed to take the case, even though that work predated this order.

DONE and ORDERED
this 15th day of August, 2014.

/s/ Charles J. Kahn, Jr.
CHARLES J. KAHN, JR.
UNITED STATES MAGISTRATE JUDGE

--------------------------------------------
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

Some interesting reading on Hovind that I found.

http://sensuouscurmudgeon.wordpress.com ... nt-hovind/
No one writes much about Kent Hovind (a/k/a “Dr. Dino”) these days. Wikipedia describes Hovind’s conviction for tax evasion, and they present a few tidbits from his bizarre defense.
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
Paths of the Sea

Paths of the Sea wrote:
Filed August 15, 2015

UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT
NORTHERN DISTRICT OF FLORIDA
PENSACOLA DIVISION

IN RE:

GRAND JURY PROCEEDINGS

Investigative Matter 2014R00262
Misc. No. 3:14mc53/MCR/EMT
Anybody know the significance of the reference to "Grand Jury Proceedings" and that "Investigative Matter..."???

Is there more going on than simply an upcoming trial on the criminal contempt of court issue?

Sincerely,
Maury Enthusiast!
Paths of the Sea

Eric Hovind indicates there may be more going on than just the criminal contempt charge related to Kent Hovind's bogus lis pendens filings:

https://www.facebook.com/drkenthovind/p ... 1806908353

Date Posted: Saturday, August 16, 2014
Time Posted: About 1:00 AM MT

(excerpts)

The prosecution obtained approval from Judge Rodgers to press more criminal charges.

These allegations purport that the appeals, motions, and lawsuits filed by Kent Hovind are “frivolous” and that they have “encumbered” the government.

In spite of the fact that in the county facility, he has no access to his legal files, as of now he will be representing himself at his September 8 trial.

Dad’s new address is:

Kent Hovind #06452-017
Santa Rosa County Jail
5755 E. Milton Rd.
Milton, FL 32583

We continue to pray that this long battle will end in order that Dad can fully devote his time to fighting on the battlefield for men’s eternal souls.

Thank you for praying with us to that end.

Eric Hovind

------------------------------------------------
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Since it is Kent we are dealing with I have a tendency to not believe a word he is saying, but I do expect/suspect that he has managed to aggravate the situation considerably more than he is claiming. I wouldn't be at all surprised if there isn't/wasn't something more serious than the contempt charges over the lis pendens hiding in the bushes.

I still don't know what the business about the Grand Jury notice is all about, certainly the contempt charge wouldn't engender that.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

notorial dissent wrote:Since it is Kent we are dealing with I have a tendency to not believe a word he is saying, but I do expect/suspect that he has managed to aggravate the situation considerably more than he is claiming.
If he had just done his time without aggravating the court every chance he got he'd probably be out by now. Kinda hard to feel much sympathy.
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
notorial dissent

Well, it's not only the aggravating everyone who has to deal with him, but the flat out lying about just about everything, or really everything as nearly as I can tell. He has taken no responsibility for anything he has done, and continues to deny having done anything illegal at all, and has basically made everything as difficult as possible. More so, he has not changed at all, if anything gotten worse, and once he eventually gets out he will go back to doing what he was before.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

Paths of the Sea wrote:Anybody know the significance of the reference to "Grand Jury Proceedings" and that "Investigative Matter..."???
Nope. I do have an answer of sorts, though.

Everybody sitting down? Drinks safely on the table? Because I have astounding news. Those references to "Grand Jury Proceedings" and "Investigative Matter" . . . aren't in the real order.

So where did they come from? I don't know. Have to ask the lying wackos.

I'm shocked. Shocked.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
notorial dissent

Gee, don't I remember saying something about Kent and lying, why yes, yes I do, now that I mention it, fancy that!!!!!
Paths of the Sea

wserra wrote:

Those references to

"Grand Jury Proceedings"

and

"Investigative Matter"

. . . aren't in the real order

So where did they come from?
I don't know.
Have to ask the lying wackos.

I'm shocked.
Shocked.
I don't qualify as a "lying wacko", but I'll submit another bit of trivia in order to try and account for this little mystery.

I copied the ORDER as it was posted yesterday around 1:00 PM MT.

That ORDER had:

- IN RE:
- GRAND JURY PROCEEDINGS
- Investigative Matter 2014R00262
- Misc. No. 3:14mc53/MCR/EMT

In lieu of:

- IN RE:
- KENT E. HOVIND
- Misc. No. 3:14mc53/MCR/EMT

I'll try to send you a copy via the messaging feature, wserra. If you don't get it, and are interested, send me an email address to send it to.

I'm thinking it may just be a blunder by the Court which was corrected without notice.

Sincerely,
Maury Enthusiast!
Paths of the Sea

notorial dissent wrote:

Since it is Kent we are dealing with I have a
tendency to not believe a word he is saying,
but I do expect/suspect that he has managed
to aggravate the situation considerably more
than he is claiming. I wouldn't be at all surprised
if there isn't/wasn't something more serious than
the contempt charges over the lis pendens hiding
in the bushes.

I agree that there is a definite credibility problem regarding what comes from the Hovind side of things, whether from Kent, Eric, or their supporters.

It would have been nice to have a media representative cover the hearing yesterday and report on the details. Otherwise, if Hovind people were there, whatever they might have to say about what transpired might be suspect.

For instance, Eric indicates Kent is going pro se in defending himself despite the ORDER appointing a public defender.

What is up with that?

Did Kent already dismiss his public defender, or does Eric not know about it, or....?

Hopefully, if it goes to trial, there will be some eye-witnesses, objective testimony as to what happens at the trial to go along with the Hovind-side reporting.

Sincerely,
Maury Enthusiast!
notorial dissent

Well, Kent has certainly had enough time to have gotten, pissed off, and fired a PD. Speculation(pure) on my part is that he got the court ordered PD and then when he told them what he wanted them to do, they not only said NO, but HELL NO, and thus parted ways. I can't think of any other reason for there not to have been a PD with him at the hearing after one had been appointed, short of death or illness, and then the hearing would have been postponed, so.... that just leaves the obvious. It definitely appears to me that Kent if rapidly going full bore more brain dead sovrun, and it sounded like in a couple of his emails that he was leaning that way in his latest round of defense or whatever it is he is preparing to do.

wserra

Post by wserra »

Paths of the Sea wrote:I don't qualify as a "lying wacko"
No, no, I certainly didn't mean you. I meant Hovind and company. I assumed, perhaps wrongly, that you got the order you posted from their site.
I'll try to send you a copy via the messaging feature, wserra. If you don't get it, and are interested, send me an email address to send it to.
See your PMs.
I'm thinking it may just be a blunder by the Court which was corrected without notice.
I suppose that's possible.
- David Hume
Paths of the Sea

wserra wrote:
See your PMs.
I just sent you a file containing the earlier document.

Maybe it was a slip up by the Court, or clerk, and there is actually another grand jury investigating Kent for additional charges beyond the criminal contempt!

Sincerely,
Maury Enthusiast!
Paths of the Sea

Eric on his way to visit Kent today!

https://www.facebook.com/erichovind/pos ... 1673129080

Date: Tuesday, August 19, 2014
Time: About 10:00 AM MT

Visiting with my Dad this morning.
Please pray for the time we have together.

---------------------------------------------------------
Paths of the Sea

Eric Hovind reports on visit with Kent Hovind!

https://www.facebook.com/erichovind/pho ... 76/?type=1

Date: Tuesday, August 19, 2014
Time: About 11:00 AM MT

(excerpts)

I was able to visit with Dad for 2 hours in Santa Rosa County Jail this afternoon.

At first it was funny because I don't think I have ever seen him with such short hair, other than in pictures taken when he was a young boy with a flat top. I looked at him, laughed, picked up the telephone as I peered through the glass and asked, "what happened"?

He said, "I told the barber to 'Take off half an inch' but apparently he heard 'Take all BUT half an inch'."

I told him that if he trimmed the sides we could be twins! Except that he is starting to get some wrinkles in his skin.

His mind is still incredibly sharp, he is in good health and in good spirits. I think I am starting to see just a few gray hairs around the sides of his head though! I guess at 61 it is about time.

This trial has been both incredibly difficult and incredibly satisfying as he has grown in his knowledge of God and His Word, the Bible. He still reads 2 to 3 books a week and the library there in Santa Rosa County is lacking fresh reading material!

Our conversation ranged from his current legal battle to the funny things the grandkids are doing, to his new views on end times and the state of the world today as we prepare for the New World Order. It really was a sweet time of fellowship.

If you haven't heard, the prosecution obtained approval from Judge Rodgers to press more criminal charges against my Dad.

These new charges are asking the judge to hold Kent in "contempt of court" for continuing to file things that he feels are necessary to maintain his innocence and overturn his case.

We continue to pray that this long battle will end in order that Dad can fully devote his time to fighting on the battlefield for men’s eternal souls.

Eric Hovind

--------------------------------------------------
wserra

Post by wserra »

Paths of the Sea wrote:I just sent you a file containing the earlier document.
Yes, you did. I have seen hundreds (if not thousands) of federal court orders, and that does indeed appear authentic. Complete with the filing stamp. It appears that my "lying wackos" was hasty. In this instance.
Maybe it was a slip up by the Court, or clerk, and there is actually another grand jury investigating Kent for additional charges beyond the criminal contempt!
Maybe, but not necessarily. It is not at all uncommon for a grand jury witness to receive court-appointed counsel. The careless clerk may have taken an old order appointing counsel and forgotten to change the caption. OTOH, it may be that the grand jury and investigation numbers on the order do in fact evidence a new investigation/indictment against Hovind, and the clerk at first failed to change the caption to the current one. We should know before much longer.
- David Hume
notorial dissent

It certainly sounds from Kent via Eric, that indeed he has gotten himself in deeper and that the AUSA went back to the grand jury for further charges relating to something Kent has done/filed. That is as far as I am willing to credit Kent in this. That said, I suspect we should expect either a superseding indictment or a new indictment on new charges, possibly unrelated to the original contempt charge sometime soon. I wasn't aware he had filed anything beyond the lis pendens other than his wiki suits, so again, he may not have been telling the whole tale yet again.
Paths of the Sea

Kent Hovind Public Defender Appearance

Filed Wednesday, August 20, 2014

IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT
FOR THE NORTHERN DISTRICT OF FLORIDA
PENSACOLA DIVISION

Case No. 3:14mc53/MCR

UNITED STATES OF AMERICA,