Kent Hovind Since Sept 2013

Paths of the Sea
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Kent Hovind Since Sept 2013

Post by Paths of the Sea »

notorial dissent wrote:

I do think this is going to get much more interesting, and messy as it plays further out. The indictment just looks line a train wreck waiting to happen for Hovind, and I think it is all of his own work.

Ditto!

Sincerely,
Maury Enthusiast!
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Just when everyone thought he was getting out, Hovind pulls himself back in!
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Doesn't mean he didn't invite him along for the ride without telling him, after all, look at the favors he did his wife, Eric's just his son.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Samphire
Cannoneer
Cannoneer

Post by Samphire »

Doesn't mean he didn't invite him along for the ride without telling him, after all, look at the favors he did his wife, Eric's just his son.
The difference being that Jo had no choice whereas Eric has seen the light. Being invited in is one thing; accepting the invitation and participating another.
darling
First Mate
First Mate

Post by darling »

Samphire wrote:P.S. to darling. Your previous posts have tended to suppress levity. Is it your birthday?
The levity is usually carefully disguised. Hard to do with a Hanson "Mmm-bop" joke.
Last edited by darling on Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
notorial dissent

Samphire wrote:
The difference being that Jo had no choice whereas Eric has seen the light. Being invited in is one thing; accepting the invitation and participating another.
Try reading what I wrote. I didn't imply Eric was along voluntarily or knowingly. And Jo had a choice, she could have and should have told him NO!!!
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Samphire
Cannoneer
Cannoneer

Post by Samphire »

Try reading what I wrote. I didn't imply Eric was along voluntarily ......
I managed to read it all right; it was understanding it that was the problem. If you weren't implying that Eric acted voluntarily then the inference must be that, if Eric went along with the scheme at all, he did so involuntarily. But what on earth does that mean? Eric had served a lien on his own house some time ago as a result of which the government backed away from its claim so Eric knew very well from his own previous experience the effect of a lien notice. So in what possible scenario could it be alleged that he might have served the liens involuntarily?
......or knowingly.
How could Eric serve a lien notice unknowingly using his father's signature?
And Jo had a choice, she could have and should have told him NO!!!
Perhaps you underestimate the working of the fundamentalist religious mind, especially one married to an arrogant male dunderhead. A friend of Jo's wrote:
At her sentencing hearing John a CSE employee stood up with his Bible and read Ephesians 5;22 – “Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord.” John explained that this verse was the foundation of a Christian woman’s mind, that this verse determined how Jo made decisions in life because she based her life on the Word of God and the Bible tells her to submit. She didn’t do what she did to break the law; she did it to obey the Lord by obeying her husband.
In any event, I don't think that it has ever been proved that Jo was aware of the law relating to structuring. Jo's uncross-examined evidence was that she did not know of the offence although I would have to agree that the circumstantial evidence is that, at best, she acted extremely naively.
notorial dissent

My implication/intimation that seems to elude your grasp was that IF Eric was in fact involved in some fashion, it was most likely(almost certainly) unknowingly through some game of his father's. He has shown no problems with throwing family under the bus before, so I see no reason to give him the benefit of the doubt now.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

grixit wrote:Just when everyone thought he was getting out, Hovind pulls himself back in!
Yeah, but why does he keep pulling up to the toll booth every single time?
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
notorial dissent

I still think it comes back to Kent thinking he is smarter, or maybe it's cleverer, than everyone else, and that he is always right so that what ever he does is right. Or maybe he's just plain stupid, I just don't know, but he has no one to blame for this but himself, and it certainly looks like he's done it up right proper this time around. I'm just wondering who all else he'll ultimately take down with him this time.
Paths of the Sea

Samphire wrote:
Perhaps you underestimate the working of the fundamentalist religious mind, especially one married to an arrogant male dunderhead.
I recently ran across a website dedicated to dealing with survivors of narcissistic abuse.

While it is in another context, it appears to have material and references that could have application to Jo Hovind's situation, as I have noted a number of times on my Hovind FaceBook page (no one wants to talk about such things there).

Some may also recall how one of Schiff's co-conspirators tried to use NPD (Narcissitic Personality Disorder) as a defense.

Here's one of the articles, for example, that was posted and which I found to possibly have application to Jo Hovind, who seems to still be kept under wraps:

http://letmereach.com/2014/02/01/ptsd-i ... tic-abuse/

Sincerely,
Maury Enthusiast!
Paths of the Sea

Coincidentally, this narcissism article just came across my FaceBook page:

http://pimppreacher.com/post/7292814911 ... cissism-in

I think you can find some application to Hovind and his people in there.

Sincerely,
Maury Enthusiast!
Samphire
Cannoneer
Cannoneer

Post by Samphire »

Or maybe he's just plain stupid, I just don't know, .........
I do. Anybody acquainted with even the basics of *********ary theory (as Kent claims to be) and who states interminably "I'll believe in ********* * when a dog gives birth to a non-dog" is very stupid indeed.

* We're not permitted to mention ********* on this thread.
Paths of the Sea

So, I guess Kent is presently without a federal public defender to represent him. I wonder if he will go for a new one for his new case or if he or his family or his supporters to get him a private lawyer?

Dismissal Order in Hovind Criminal Contempt Case

Filed October 28, 2014

CASE NO.: 3:14mc53/MCR/EMT

UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT
NORTHERN DISTRICT OF FLORIDA
PENSACOLA DIVISION

UNITED STATES OF AMERICA,
Plaintiff,

v.

KENT E. HOVIND,
Defendant.

ORDER

This criminal contempt action is scheduled to be tried by a jury on November 3, 2014, but the Court has received notice of a pending related criminal case, United States v. Kent E. Hovind and Paul John Hansen, No. 3:14cr91-MCR (N.D. Fla.), in which a Grand July returned a six-count indictment on October 21, 2014.

The Government has now advised the Court that this criminal contempt action should be dismissed in light of the criminal indictment (see doc. 19). The Court agrees.

Accordingly, this case is DISMISSED. All pending motions are moot, and the Clerk is directed to close the file.

DONE and ORDERED this 28th day of October, 2014.

M. Casey Rodgers
M. CASEY RODGERS
CHIEF UNITED STATES DISTRICT JUDGE

-------------------------------------------------------------
darling
First Mate
First Mate

Post by darling »

Paths of the Sea wrote:So, I guess Kent is presently without a federal public defender to represent him. I wonder if he will go for a new one for his new case or if he or his family or his supporters to get him a private lawyer?
It would make sense for him to stick with his current federal defender who is, at least, already up to speed with the contempt aspects of Kent Hovind's new indictment.

Look at me, using "making sense" and "Kent Hovind" in the same sentence.
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

How it will appear in some people's minds:
Paths of the Sea wrote: ...
Dismissal Order in Hovind Criminal Contempt Case

Filed October 28, 2014

CASE NO.: 3:14mc53/MCR/EMT

UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT
NORTHERN DISTRICT OF FLORIDA
PENSACOLA DIVISION

UNITED STATES OF AMERICA,
Plaintiff,

v.

KENT E. HOVIND,
Defendant.

ORDER
This criminal contempt action is scheduled to be tried by a jury on November 3, 2014, but the Court has received notice of a pending related criminal case, United States v. Kent E. Hovind and Paul John Hansen, No. 3:14cr91-MCR (N.D. Fla.), in which a Grand July returned a six-count indictment on October 21, 2014.

The Government has now advised the Court that this criminal contempt action should be dismissed in light of the criminal indictment (see doc. 19). The Court agrees.

Accordingly, t
This case is DISMISSED. All pending motions are moot, and the Clerk is directed to close the file.

DONE and ORDERED this 28th day of October, 2014.

M. Casey Rodgers
M. CASEY RODGERS
CHIEF UNITED STATES DISTRICT JUDGE

-------------------------------------------------------------

Victory!
:brickwall:
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
Dr. Caligari
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Crickets

Post by Dr. Caligari »

Judge Roy Bean wrote:Victory!
How long before Kent (or one of his followers) starts saying that the new indictment is "double jeopardy"?
Dr. Caligari
(Du musst Caligari werden!)
Paths of the Sea

Revisiting the Hovind jailhouse tapes:

Starting at:

http://www.newlahore.com/play/video/jeU ... m-jail-1-4

Sincerely,
Maury Enthusiast!
notorial dissent

Judge Roy Bean wrote:How it will appear in some people's minds:

Victory!
I'm sure that is the way it will appear for/to Kent, but then he has been a master at seeing things that aren't there for a very long time. He'll just be in for further irritation when he gets hauled back in for arraignment on the whole new laundry list of charges they've come up with.
Paths of the Sea

Some media coverage finally appears:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/peterjreill ... nt-hovind/

Sincerely,
Maury Enthusiast!