Kent Hovind Since Sept 2013

JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Re: Kent Hovind names new "lawyer"!

Post by JamesVincent »

Well, hell, is that why all the turkeys disappeared from my driveway right before Thanksgiving? They all had court?
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

Sad. Even the camera knew that the only two things worth focusing on were in the background.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

This photo was clearly taken at a federal prison. Only the three in the rear had a hope of a Presidential pardon.
Paths of the Sea
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Kent Hovind's $25,000,000.00 Tort Claim

Post by Paths of the Sea »

Kent has just had a copy of his tort claim posted along with a short introduction thereto:

http://www.2peter3.com/Court_Docs/TortClaim.pdf

I notice that the witnesses listed include his daughter and Ernie Land:

http://www.docfog.com/

I also noticed that Ernie had some earlier coverage here having to do with his business activities.

Anyone got any update on Ernie's activities?

Sincerely,
Maury Enthusiast!
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Re: Kent Hovind's $25,000,000.00 Tort Claim

Post by notorial dissent »

So we now know what Kent has been doing with his spare time, and it hasn't been in learning from past mistakes it would seem.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

"Jesus told me to keep bashing my head against the wall."
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Unidyne

Post by Unidyne »

grixit wrote:"Jesus told me to keep bashing my head against the wall."
Eventually, one will give way. :wink:
Irony: The Ayn Rand® Institute (ARI) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
Paths of the Sea

Kent Hovind Posts on Forbes!

KENT HOVIND posts to Forbes (apparently by way of an anonymous surrogate)!

The following readers' comments are currently posted on the last page of the comments and you will have to "expand" the comments to see them pending "calling out" by Peter J. Reilly, Forbes contributor:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/peterjreill ... ainst-irs/

Date: Thursday, January 9, 2014
Time: About 7:00 AM MT

Dear Peter,

I can’t get into a long debate or discussion on all this now but there is a LOT of misinformation (some of it being spread by you) out there about this case.

I recently (Dec. 9, 2013) filed a 39 paragraph complaint against the Assistant US Attorney in my case-Michelle M. Heldmyer-with both federal courts she practices in-Pensacola, FL and Denver, CO.

It covers both the charges and the truth about them in pretty good detail.

The Denver one has the paragraph numbering so, since you follow the case and tax laws as do some of your followers, please read over that complaint (posted on www.2peter3.com) and give a brief answer (if needed) for each paragraph by number.

I STILL maintain I am NOT a tax protestor (though our country was founded by that type) and I did NOT break any laws. The AUSA and the judge sure seem to have though!

My complaint against the judge is also posted there. The 11th circuit had it for 6 months before they dismissed it without actually answering

ANY of the issues in it.

Hmmm?

Can your readers answer them?

All of the attachments referred to in the complaints are also posted on 2peter3.com.

I would also like to hear your comments on the Tort claim I filed as well.

IF I win and this is overturned do you ever admit you were wrong?

The Brits STILL think those guys who threw the tea in the harbor were wrong and will most likely NEVER admit they did the right thing. :)

BTW- If losing in court and going to prison proves guilt and exonerates the gov was the gov of SA right to imprison Nelson Mandela for 27 years?

Is it POSSIBLE that innocent folks (like 6 million Jews) can go to prison?

Just because the court rules for the gov doesn’t prove much-historically speaking…

Cheers,
Kent Hovind

----------------------------------------------------------
Paths of the Sea

Re: Kent Hovind Posts on Forbes!

I wonder what Kent might have done if I had not mentioned that his attempt to appeal his U.S. Tax Court case had been dismissed!??

Kent has now posted the following to his website:

http://www.2peter3.com/Court_Docs/TaxCourtAppeal.pdf

Kent E. Hovind
06452-017
Berlin Federal Prison Camp
PO Box 9000
Berlin, NH 03570

Date: 1/5/2014

Re: Appeal No 13-12520-FF, Hovind v. Commissioner of Internal Revenue

Clerk of The Court
United States Court of Appeals
For The Eleventh Circuit
56 Forsyth Street N.W.
Atlanta, GA 30303

Dear Clerk of The Court:

On November 8, 2013, you mailed a letter to me informing me that my appeal had been dismissed for failure to prosecute. That was sent to me in error, because I did in fact file both the brief and appendix at the beginning of August, 2013, it having been mailed to the court by me on 7/30/2013. I also paid the $450.00 appeal fee at my own expense.

On 11/12/2013 I mailed to this office a motion requesting my appeal to be re-instated based upon its dismissal in error. I have yet to receive a response from the court to my motion.

I appeal to the decorum of this court in respectfully asking that some basic fairness be extended to me in this matter. I am a pro se litigant, and while my appeal may not have been in the exact format expected of an attorney, as a pro se litigant I am entitled to have my pleading be liberally construed so that my effort to obtain redress will not be unfairly denied.

I am again attaching a copy of my brief and its attachment, and I am again asking that the oversight be corrected because I did file my appeal long before the 10/21/13 due date. I have done nothing wrong in this matter and paid my fee from my own costs, and I am entitled to have my appeal adjudicated despite me being a pro se litigant without formal legal training.

If there is something particular about the format of my brief and appendix that the court wants me to amend I am willing to accomodate their wishes, but it is not proper to summarily dismiss a timely filed and paid for pro se appeal.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter.

Respectfully,
Kent E. Hovind

cc: United States Senator Marco Rubio
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Re: Kent Hovind Posts on Forbes!

Post by grixit »

Kent Hovind wrote:
I STILL maintain I am NOT a tax protestor (though our country was founded by that type) and I did NOT break any laws. The AUSA and the judge sure seem to have though!
And the jury as well.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Samphire
Cannoneer
Cannoneer

Post by Samphire »

Paths of the Sea wrote:
What a year this has been!
It's interesting that Kent doesn't mention Jo at all either by referring to her by name or by "my wife". Nor was there any suggestion that she would travel to see Kent with Eric & family for the proposed Christmas visit.
Paths of the Sea

Samphire wrote:
It's interesting that Kent doesn't mention Jo at all either by referring to her by name or by "my wife". Nor was there any suggestion that she would travel to see Kent with Eric & family for the proposed Christmas visit.
I've been trying and trying to stimulate some feedback regarding what is really going on with Jo, but I have yet to see anything from her or what is really going on with her side of things.

Not that it matters, but I am thinking she's got some serious problems going on and "they" want to keep her under wraps; perhaps to her detriment in the long-term.

Sincerely,
Maury Enthusiast!
darling
First Mate
First Mate

Post by darling »

Samphire wrote:It's interesting that Kent doesn't mention Jo at all either by referring to her by name or by "my wife".
Psst - second line.
Paths of the Sea

Kent's daughter, the one you don't hear much about, and her husband both have FaceBook pages.

That's Paul & Marlissa Dublin.

Here's a recent thread from Paul dealing with him and Marlissa:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... 1395076372

They have some interesting business operations and I think Marlissa is still involved in the Hovind family business.

Sincerely,
Maury Enthusiast!
Paths of the Sea

Here's a recent thread/picture from Eric's FaceBook page featuring his mother, Jo, with comments from Marlissa:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... 737&type=1

----------------------------------
Samphire
Cannoneer
Cannoneer

Post by Samphire »

Hi Darling,

I can't slip anything past you.

In Jo's Facebook photo taken a month or two or so she looks very good. Great hair. But it remains strange that Kent doesn't say more than "Happy Birthday".
AndyK
Illuminatian Revenue Supremo Emeritus

Post by AndyK »

Perhaps because she threw him under the bus during her Tax Court litigation :?:
Taxes are the price we pay for a free society and to cover the responsibilities of the evaders
Lambkin
Warder of the Quatloosian Gibbet

Post by Lambkin »

Peter J. Reilly's latest column is devoted to Kent Hovind (and Irwin Schiff).

http://www.forbes.com/sites/peterjreill ... protester/
Kent Hovind actually thinks highly of tax protesters and thinks they have an important role to play. He just does not consider himself a tax protester. I think that using the “walks like a duck, talks like a duck, seen in the company of ducks” standard, you might be able to make a case that Hovind is a tax protester, but if you stick with his recent filing with the 11th Circuit protesting the deficiency that the Tax Court found in his case, you can make a pretty good argument that Kent Hovind is not a classic tax protester, but rather someone with a really weak case.
Paths of the Sea

Lambkin wrote:
Peter J. Reilly's latest column is devoted to Kent Hovind (and Irwin Schiff).

http://www.forbes.com/sites/peterjreill ... protester/
Dan Evans is referenced therein and his brief analysis of Kent Hovind's "not-a-brief" as filed with the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals.

I think what Kent filed is deliberately conservative and fails to provide sufficient information to adequately inform one of such views of Kent Hovind so as to help resolve the question raised by the title of the article.

Sincerely,
Maury Enthusiast!
Paths of the Sea

Kent Hovind & Prison Rules!

Did anyone else happen to run across the broadcast earlier today of an interview held today with Kent Hovind:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fr3fzWeJ ... e=youtu.be

Part 2 is supposed to be broadcast tomorrow and may include some comments about his legal problems, according to a promotion for the interviews.

I am wondering about how that comports with prison rules. My interest in that was prompted a bit by what the interviewer posted a few days ago dealing with her start up "ministry" and her recent correspondence with Kent leading up to the telephone interviews.

Maybe someone here can explain it to me. If it is all on the up and up, why did Kent write to Gea, as read by her from his letter:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6hh7uefyMs

- Kent Hovind (as read from his letter to Gea)
- Mark: 08:45
-
- I (Kent Hovind) can not know
- you are recording the call.
-
- But if you give me a good time
- and you have a tape recorder
- ready you can say something
- about a parrot and that will be
- the key that you are ready to
- record.

Sincerely,