Kent Hovind Since Sept 2013

Paths of the Sea
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Kent Hovind Since Sept 2013

Post by Paths of the Sea »

Hansen finally showed up in Florida, appeared before da judge, was appointed a public defender, and his trial was set for February 9, 2015.

In related action, the Government asked the court to continue Hovind's trial to February 9, 2015 in order that the two can be tried together.

Sincerely,
Maury Enthusiast!
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Gee, comedy twofers, and I'm betting it will bet. Let the sovcit filings commence.

Seems like it took them forever to get Hansen to FL.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Paths of the Sea

notorial dissent wrote:

Gee, comedy twofers, and I'm betting it will bet.

Let the sovcit filings commence.

Seems like it took them forever to get Hansen to FL.

From what I was told it did take longer than normal to get Hansen to Florida. Maybe he was giving them a hard time in Nebraska. He did get that civil suit started and maybe they were trying to pacify him for awhile.

Too bad nothing was posted, that I saw, that would give us any insight into what antics he might have tried to pull on the Pensacola judge.

In filing the motion to move Hovind's trial to February to go along with Hansen's, the prosecutor noted that he had consulted with Hovind's public defender and the public defender indicated that he opposed the motion.

That could get interesting.

Sincerely,
Maury Enthusiast!
Samphire
Cannoneer
Cannoneer

Post by Samphire »

Paths of the Sea wrote:
In filing the motion to move Hovind's trial to February to go along with Hansen's, the prosecutor noted that he had consulted with Hovind's public defender and the public defender indicated that he opposed the motion.
Could it be that the pd is hoping for no more than a 6 month sentence to run concurrently with Kent's current jail time which would still get Kent out by August? Or doesn't it work that way?

Also, if convicted, would this affect the 15% remission of the original sentence keeping Kent in jail for another 18 months or so?
notorial dissent

I may have misunderstood what I read, but i thought that since they went this route with the contempt that Kent was looking at considerably more time for his little game.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Samphire
Cannoneer
Cannoneer

Post by Samphire »

notorial dissent wrote:I may have misunderstood what I read, but i thought that since they went this route with the contempt that Kent was looking at considerably more time for his little game.
I've no idea. We don't have these sort of cases over in England which is why I find it all so entertaining. Kent is rotting away in jail for a reason that most Americans couldn't care less about - or, as you all say - could care less about.
Paths of the Sea

Dan & Sam of God's Property Radio interview with Kent's man Ernie Land:

http://godspropertyradio.podomatic.com/ ... 5_02-08_00

------------------------------------------------
Paths of the Sea

notorial dissent wrote:

I may have misunderstood what I read, but i thought that since they went this route with the contempt that Kent was looking at considerably more time for his little game.

As I understand it, the judge could have found Kent in contempt and sentenced him up to 6 months to either run concurrent with his present sentence or consecutive to his current sentence.

By going to trial, the contempt charge could bring a longer sentence.

In light of the indictment, Kent is now facing more than just contempt; there's the mail fraud and conspiracy and, I think, it is possible he could be acquitted on contempt and still be found guilty of mail fraud and conspiracy.

Sincerely,
Maury Enthusiast!
notorial dissent

That was my understanding, and I am under the impression that the sentencing for both or either of those can be significant.
Paths of the Sea

notorial dissent wrote:

That was my understanding, and I am under
the impression that the sentencing for both
or either of those can be significant.

I think it interesting how Ernie, in his latest interview noted above, talks about how the filing of the lis pendens did not involve the U.S. Mail.

He claims it was done independent of the mail and there was an individual that filed the lis pendens in person, on behalf of Kent. Ah! He does not, however, name the name of the individual who filed the lis pendens.

The indictment indicates there were other conspirators not indicted.

We'll see what the evidence might show, but I'm thinking that the conspiracy and mail fraud charges can be sustained without regard of how the physical documents were moved from wherever to the courthouse; and it is the case that Ernie, Kent and their people tell lots of incredible stories ipse dixit.

Sincerely,
Maury Enthusiast!
notorial dissent

I have the same problem with Ernie I have with Kent and Hansen, they are all three lying liars, and I wouldn't believe them if they said it was a bright sunny day, without checking first. They all three suffer from Convenient Memory Syndrome.
Paths of the Sea

Kent Hovind Gets New Court Date

(Could the copy going to Court Security be an indication that they are ramping up expecting the sovruns to put on quite a show come trial time, if the case goes to trial?)

Case 3:14-cr-00091-MCR Document 40 Filed 12/15/14

UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT
NORTHERN DISTRICT OF FLORIDA
PENSACOLA DIVISION

UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

VS

KENT E. HOVIND

AMENDED NOTICE (excerpts)

TAKE NOTICE that the proceeding in this case has been continued as indicated below:

Place:

United States Courthouse
1 North Palafox Street
Pensacola, Florida 32504
Room No: Courtroom 5

New Date:

February 9, 2015

New Time:

8:00 AM

Type of Proceeding:

Attorney Conference/Jury Selection/Jury Trial before the Honorable M. Casey Rodgers, Chief Judge

JESSICA J. LYUBLANOVITS,
CLERK OF COURT
s/ Susan Simms
Deputy Clerk: Susan Simms

Copies to:
Honorable M. Casey Rodgers
Tiffany Eggers, AUSA
Thomas Keith, AFPD
US Marshal
US Probation
Court Security

-------------------------------------------------------------
darling
First Mate
First Mate

Post by darling »

Paths of the Sea wrote:I think it interesting how Ernie, in his latest interview noted above, talks about how the filing of the lis pendens did not involve the U.S. Mail.
Take a look at the indictment: it doesn't say that the lis pendens was filed via the mail - it just said that Kent "caused documents titled Memorandum of Lis Pendens to be filed with the Clerk of Court."

The mail fraud part is, presumably, that "HOVIND caused a letter to be mailed and delivered to an agent of the United States notifying the agent that Memoranda of Lis Pendens were going to be filed.... HANSEN caused a Claim of Lien Affidavit of Obligation, with attachments, to be mailed and delivered to the real estate title attorney handling the real estate closings for the United States..."

Maybe they are also arguing that Kent mailed the Lis Pendens to someone for them to file in person - and that is a crime too?
notorial dissent

Unless I have misread, just the act of using the mails for any purpose in the furtherance of the scheme, Lis Pendens, would suffice to trigger the statute.
KickahaOta

Post by KickahaOta »

notorial dissent wrote:Unless I have misread, just the act of using the mails for any purpose in the furtherance of the scheme, Lis Pendens, would suffice to trigger the statute.
Correct. You don't have to touch the mails (or the wires) yourself. As long as you're executing a scheme to defraud, and you know that the mails (or the wires) will be used as part of the activities you've set into motion in furtherance of the scheme, you've probably committed mail (or wire) fraud.

For example: Suppose I'm trying to get money from a bank using some fraudulent scheme. If I mail an application to the bank as part of the scheme, that's mail fraud. Even if I never touch the mail myself, if I know that the bank will send me my money as a check in the mail, that's mail fraud. Or if I know that the bank will send mail to others as part of the process of approving my fraudulent withdrawal, that's mail fraud.

A counterexample: Suppose I hand my fraudulent paperwork over the counter in person, and receive my money in person, and I leave. The bank mails me a receipt. That's not mail fraud. My scheme was already over when I got the money. Even if I knew a receipt would be mailed as a result of the scheme, it's not in furtherance of the scheme -- I would be just as happy if the receipt got lost in the mail.

So in this case, even if you never use the mail yourself in filing a lis pendens, if you know that the mail will be used (say, by the court sending out notices of the lis pendens to interested parties), and that mail will be in furtherance of your scheme rather than a mere result of your scheme (say, if the object of your scheme is to cause inconvenience and expense to the target, and the mailed copies will bring about that inconvenience and expense), then that's probably mail fraud.

Disclaimer: Not a lawyer; not legal advice. Not to be taken internally. May cause drowsiness -- alcohol may intensify this effect. Conduct your own legal research before beginning your fraudulent schemes.
Dr. Caligari
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Crickets

Post by Dr. Caligari »

KickahaOta,
That is an accurate, and very well-expressed, summary of a very complex area of criminal law. Very impressive, if you're not a lawyer.
Dr. Caligari
(Du musst Caligari werden!)
Paths of the Sea

Hansen opts for private lawyer!

http://www.klotzlawfirm.com/christopher-klotz.html

Filed Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Case Number: 3:14cr91/MCR

IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE NORTHERN DISTRICT OF FLORIDA PENSACOLA DIVISION

UNITED STATES OF AMERICA,
Plaintiff,

v.

PAUL JOHN HANSEN,
Defendant.

(excerpts)

NOTICE OF APPEARANCE AS STANDBY COUNSEL

J. Christopher Klotz files his Notice of Appearance as Standby Counsel for the purpose of representing the Defendant, Paul John Hansen.

BY: /es/ J. Christopher Klotz
J. CHRISTOPHER KLOTZ
ATTORNEY FOR DEFENDANT
J. CHRISTOPHER KLOTZ
J. Christopher Klotz, P.C.
127 Palafox PL., Suite 100
Pensacola, Florida 32502
FL Bar No.: 47060

-----------------------------------------------------
jcolvin2
Grand Master Consul of Quatloosia

Post by jcolvin2 »

Paths of the Sea wrote:Hansen opts for private lawyer!

http://www.klotzlawfirm.com/christopher-klotz.html

Filed Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Case Number: 3:14cr91/MCR

IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE NORTHERN DISTRICT OF FLORIDA PENSACOLA DIVISION

UNITED STATES OF AMERICA,
Plaintiff,

v.

PAUL JOHN HANSEN,
Defendant.

(excerpts)

NOTICE OF APPEARANCE AS STANDBY COUNSEL

J. Christopher Klotz files his Notice of Appearance as Standby Counsel for the purpose of representing the Defendant, Paul John Hansen.

BY: /es/ J. Christopher Klotz
J. CHRISTOPHER KLOTZ
ATTORNEY FOR DEFENDANT
J. CHRISTOPHER KLOTZ
J. Christopher Klotz, P.C.
127 Palafox PL., Suite 100
Pensacola, Florida 32502
FL Bar No.: 47060

-----------------------------------------------------
I think that Hansen plans to represent himself, and Klotz is functioning as appointed (not privately retained) standby counsel to asset Hansen if necessary.
Paths of the Sea

jcolvin2 wrote:
I think that Hansen plans to represent himself,
and Klotz is functioning as appointed
(not privately retained) standby counsel to assist
Hansen if necessary.
Maybe so.
I hadn't thought about that.
We'll see.

Sincerely,
Maury Enthusiast!
KickahaOta

Post by KickahaOta »

Dr. Caligari wrote:KickahaOta,
That is an accurate, and very well-expressed, summary of a very complex area of criminal law. Very impressive, if you're not a lawyer.
I truly appreciate your kind words. I'm not a lawyer, but I'm the kind of warped person who reads appellate opinions for afternoon relaxation, which is probably also why I read Quatloos.