Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Re: Mitch Modeleski aka Paul Andrew Mitchell

Post by Famspear »

AndyK wrote:....I always thought PAM was just a side-of-the-road lunatic, promoting his views of legal procedure and practice -- very similar to SFBFKADVMP.

I never expected him to get involved in anything ilegal beyond unauthorized, albeit inept, practice of law......
The Side-of-the-Road Lunatic

The lunatic, paranoid Mitch
Practiced law without license -- how rich!
Down that road he's been drivin'
Without ever arrivin';
He ran off the road, into the ditch!
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

Demosthenes wrote: You mean like the fact that I finally have a release date for the book?
In this decade? :snicker: :whistle: 8)
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
Thule
Tragedian of Sovereign Mythology

Post by Thule »

Judge Roy Bean wrote:
Demosthenes wrote: You mean like the fact that I finally have a release date for the book?
In this decade? :snicker: :whistle: 8)
Before or after the RV? :twisted:
Survivor of the Dark Agenda Whistleblower Award, August 2012.
Lambkin
Warder of the Quatloosian Gibbet

Post by Lambkin »

AndyK wrote:I always thought PAM was just a side-of-the-road lunatic, promoting his views of legal procedure and practice -- very similar to SFBFKADVMP.
I think PAM learned early on that it was best to sell his scam in private. I doubt he had many takers, but I don't think we know how much damage he did, yet. I think he's a higher-functioning nutball than David.
Quixote
Quatloosian Master of Deception

Post by Quixote »

PAM's indictment indicated that no interpreter would be needed. I wouldn't be so sure.

I'm also less sure that PAM will pass the competency hearing.
Relator did go straightaway to that Clerk’s Office and was met at the entrance of the Federal Courthouse by a Deputy U.S. Marshal who is assigned to Relator in his capacity as a qualified Federal Witness.
PAM might not even understand which table to sit at in the courtroom.
"Here is a fundamental question to ask yourself- what is the goal of the income tax scam? I think it is a means to extract wealth from the masses and give it to a parasite class." Skankbeat
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

Quixote wrote:PAM might not even understand which table to sit at in the courtroom.
"Excuse me, sir, but that's where the judge will be sitting."
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

I'd say from the fact that PAM was living in a rented room, I think they said, that his scamming wasn't paying too well. I suspect it is hard to find clients who are crazier than he is to believe that any of his magic papers are going to do anything. I suspect that he has been living pretty much hand to mouth the last few years, and it doesn't appear this latest venture brought him in much in the way of spending money either.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
AndyK
Illuminatian Revenue Supremo Emeritus

Post by AndyK »

It's been much more than 'the last few years.'

One of his first forays into the courts regarded litigation between himself and a couple who had housed him for a while.

I'm sure the TMIZone details are somewhere in the Q archives or elsewhere on the 'Net, but don't go looking for them.

We've had too many Q citizens' heads explode while trying to follow the exploits of PAM.
Taxes are the price we pay for a free society and to cover the responsibilities of the evaders
Duke2Earl
Eighth Operator of the Delusional Mooloo

Post by Duke2Earl »

This once again leads us into the world of psychology. It seems there is a percentage of people with some sort of martyr complex.They must at some level fully know that they can not win this "fight." (In a "I fought the law and the law won" sort of way). They know that their refusal to simply accept reality will cost them any semblance of a normal life but they are still driven to it. They seemingly draw some satisfaction out of being a rebel and fighting against impossible odds. They seem to think they are William Wallace and their "sacrifice" will lead to ultimate victory.

If that's the way they want to live life ... fine. I think it is stupid but except for the large quantity of our resources they squander... it's their life and they can waste it as they want. I do feel sorry though for the families and the innocent suckers that truly do not know that they signed up for martyrdom. It's like all these sites like Hendrickson's et al, should have FDA style warnings... "This claptrap is definitely hazardous to your health, well being and life experience. However if you get your jollies from hopelessly tilting at windmills and don't mind paying a huge price... play on."
My choice early in life was to either be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politican. And to tell the truth there's hardly any difference.

Harry S Truman
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Duke2Earl, while there is now question that your comments are 100% true, there is a simpler and more succinct explanation. PAM is 100%, certifiable, round the bend, bed bug crazy, and even less endearing. He really should have been put away a very long time ago, but until recently, he was only an incompetent menace to himself, that would seem to have changed.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

I don't think that PAM is crazy, at least in a clinical or psychological sense. He just has a extreme black-and-white view of the world and is dead set on opposing the legal system. He may have Asperger's syndrome, he may have oppositional defiance syndrome, he may be narcissistic or have some behavioral aspect disorder that suggests he does not "get" the world that he lives in. But none of that means he is insane. It is very easy to jump to the conclusion that he is "crazy" and it is a label that gets tossed around a lot. I don't see any evidence of PAM exhibiting the kind of behavior that is associated with insanity.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Dr. Caligari
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Crickets

Post by Dr. Caligari »

the Observer wrote:He may have Asperger's syndrome, he may have oppositional defiance syndrome, he may be narcissistic or have some behavioral aspect disorder that suggests he does not "get" the world that he lives in. But none of that means he is insane. It is very easy to jump to the conclusion that he is "crazy" and it is a label that gets tossed around a lot. I don't see any evidence of PAM exhibiting the kind of behavior that is associated with insanity.
"Insanity" is a legal, not a psychiatric, term, and is very hard to establish. So I agree that PAM will not likely be found not guilty by reason of insanity. But, based on stuff I read about him a few years ago, when ENM was posting threads about him here, I think he has psychiatric illnesses much worse than a behavioral disorder-- quite possibly paranoid schizophrenia. There were reports of him suddenly turning on allies and accusing them of betraying him; of him lying in bed for days at a time without speaking; and other things that sounded to me like serious psychosis. (Caveat: I am not a psychiatrist and I'm not qualified to make that diagnosis, I am just offering my lay opinion.)
Dr. Caligari
(Du musst Caligari werden!)
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

The Observer wrote:.....It is very easy to jump to the conclusion that he is "crazy" and it is a label that gets tossed around a lot. I don't see any evidence of PAM exhibiting the kind of behavior that is associated with insanity.
Christopher Hansen, at one of his web sites (famguardian dot org, maybe) has had some unsourced commentary about Modeleski/PAM, including an email or letter Hansen received from an unnamed source with, supposedly, some personal experience with PAM. This may be the material that Dr. Caligari has seen as well. The material is to the effect that.... well, let's put it this way.. if the information about PAM is true, then I think PAM could be considered waaaayyyyy worse off than DMVP. I haven't checked lately; the information may still be on Hansen's web site.
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

I think that, if he could keep his mouth shut about his bizarre legal theories, DMVP might be an agreeable companion; but I wouldn't want to get within hailing distance of Paul Mitchell.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

Famspear wrote:Christopher Hansen, at one of his web sites (famguardian dot org, maybe) has had some unsourced commentary about Modeleski/PAM, including an email or letter Hansen received from an unnamed source with, supposedly, some personal experience with PAM. This may be the material that Dr. Caligari has seen as well. The material is to the effect that.... well, let's put it this way.. if the information about PAM is true, then I think PAM could be considered waaaayyyyy worse off than DMVP. I haven't checked lately; the information may still be on Hansen's web site.
It is. Remember that the source is Chrissy Hansen.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

wserra wrote:,,,,Remember that the source is Chrissy Hansen.
Yes; the subject contents should be ingested, if at all, only when accompanied by a mega-dose of sodium chloride....

:|
AndyK
Illuminatian Revenue Supremo Emeritus

Post by AndyK »

Actually, Hansen's summary is remarkably accurate.

PAM, in fact, published an internet screed and then sued everyone he could identify that had copied what he had posted on the 'Net.

His targets ranged from in dividuals to universities to ISPs, all of whom had copied -- including appropriate attribution to PAM -- what he had made (and continues to make) freely available.

Needless to say these suits all went South, but not until they had cost the numerous defendants significant amounts in legal fees. Many of them attempted to recover their costs via civil suits against PAM, butnone were successful -- blood from a stone and all that.

PAM went rapidly farther downhill after that.

All that aside, there was some other precipitating incident (possibly Demosthenes or another with better memory than mine can recall) which precipitated the screed.
Taxes are the price we pay for a free society and to cover the responsibilities of the evaders
Lambkin

Post by Lambkin »

AndyK wrote:Needless to say these suits all went South, but not until they had cost the numerous defendants significant amounts in legal fees. Many of them attempted to recover their costs via civil suits against PAM, butnone were successful -- blood from a stone and all that.
He filed one big case which went nowhere, as he could not figure out how to properly serve the defendants, nor could he afford to given the huge list of defendants. Most of the defendants paid no attention to him at all, while a few of the larger institutional defendants replied pointing out various defects. PAM failed to respond by one of the deadlines imposed by the court and it was over. He puffed and sputtered for a while and was declared a vexatious litigant. I don't think anyone spent much to defend against it and I can't imagine why anyone would try to recover damages from him.

2:01-cv-01480-WBS-DAD (PS) Mitchell v. AOL Time Warner Inc, et al
William B. Shubb, presiding
Date filed: 08/01/2001
Lambkin

Post by Lambkin »

Quixote wrote:PAM's indictment indicated that no interpreter would be needed. I wouldn't be so sure.

I'm also less sure that PAM will pass the competency hearing.
Relator did go straightaway to that Clerk’s Office and was met at the entrance of the Federal Courthouse by a Deputy U.S. Marshal who is assigned to Relator in his capacity as a qualified Federal Witness.
PAM might not even understand which table to sit at in the courtroom.
That reminds me of PAM's love affair with Judge Alex Kozinski. For a good time, go to Google and search for:

paul andrew mitchell alex kozinski

You'll find stuff like http://www.supremelaw.org/authors/mitchell/resume.htm