Mitch Modeleski aka Paul Andrew Mitchell

noblepa
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Mitch Modeleski aka Paul Andrew Mitchell

Post by noblepa »

Gregg wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:49 pm Another one who lists a BA in his signature. I'm going to start signing my text messages

Greggory Evans, BSci, MBA, MSci, PhD

Maybe then the people at Burger King will take me seriously!
Aren't you a little overqualified to work at BK?
TBL

Post by TBL »

Notice how they all leave the 'ing' from their BS monikers?
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

noblepa wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:57 pm
Gregg wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:49 pm Another one who lists a BA in his signature. I'm going to start signing my text messages

Greggory Evans, BSci, MBA, MSci, PhD

Maybe then the people at Burger King will take me seriously!
Aren't you a little overqualified to work at BK?
Nope, I can flop Whoppers with the best of them.

I delivered pizza when I was working on my MBA, and when I came back from Europe I did it for a bit to make up some of the income I lost by quitting my job and going to England to learn economics from Communists.

My wife kind of insisted after she didn't go to England with her husband and worked two jobs while I was gone.

Bless her cold, black heart.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

TBL wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:08 pm Notice how they all leave the 'ing' from their BS monikers?
I always write is as BSci or MSci, just because I have that in my mind.
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

Gregg wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:24 am ...and going to England to learn economics from Communists.
Now I don't intend this as a political comment... but I'm guessing it was the London School of Economics :snicker:
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
DNetolitzky
Chief Landscaper of the Quatloosian Meads

Post by DNetolitzky »

It's goofy to admit, but one of my life-long goals has been to have more letters around my name than in it. But I'm not sure if I'll get there - but I'm trying!

Dr. Donald Netolitzky BSc PhD LLB LLM

Three more to go!
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

DNetolitzky wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:58 pm It's goofy to admit, but one of my life-long goals has been to have more letters around my name than in it. But I'm not sure if I'll get there - but I'm trying!

Dr. Donald Netolitzky BSc PhD LLB LLM

Three more to go!
LLB? Where did you get that degree? Most law schools I know of, including mine, grant JD degrees; and my grandfather, who got his LLB degree, from Georgetown Law School in 1916, was told, in the mid-60s, that his degree had been converted to a JD degree -- making him call himself "Dr. Pottapaug" for a while.

I understand why people felt that "Bachelor of Laws" was not a suitable title for a graduate-level degree; but since it is not considered appropriate for holders of JD degrees to refer to themselves as "Doctor", I wonder if something better could have been selected -- Master of Jurisprudence, Practitioner of Jurisprudence, Practitioner of Laws, or something similar.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

Don't see that many lawyers with a PhD in microbiology. I guess it makes sense, though. The better to dissect sovs, right?

But you wanna impress me, I need to see the sov genome. Hey, it can't be much more complex than H. influenzae, and that was done 25 years ago.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
DNetolitzky
Chief Landscaper of the Quatloosian Meads

Post by DNetolitzky »

University of Alberta. In Canada most law schools have until very recently granted LLB rather than JD degrees. That Faculty of Law switched to JD's something like seven or eight years ago, and I was offered the "opportunity" to swap out my degree, to which I said no way - that would set me back a letter.

Plus - and no insult is intended to the JDs of the world - I have a real doctorate that I bled long and hard for. Calling a three-year law degree a "doctorate" just does not cut it in my schema of things. My law school education was undergrad training, and nothing else.

Then again I just completed the LLM in eight months, so perhaps I'm comparing apples and oranges.

If there's a biology that's best suited to dissecting Sovereign Citizens and their ilk, it's probably an invertebrate zoologist. Subjects are slimy, no backbone, often sport a hard shell that makes them impervious to external truths, many groups are entirely parasitic, sometimes have no head, often regenerate after injuries that would kill ... the list goes on.

But microbiology works too. I tend to analyze pseudolaw as a parasite, or a pathogen, with virus-like characteristics. In fact, I even wrote a paper on that parallel:

https://www.researchgate.net/publicatio ... _Pseudolaw

I ended up presenting that in front of a number of social scientists who were concerned that I had characterized a belief system as a disease. Apparently that's not politically correct. I still stand by the parallel. I know a disease when I see it.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

AnOwlCalledSage wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:28 am
Gregg wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:24 am ...and going to England to learn economics from Communists.
Now I don't intend this as a political comment... but I'm guessing it was the London School of Economics :snicker:
Guilty as charged. :snicker:
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

DNetolitzky wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:46 pm University of Alberta. In Canada most law schools have until very recently granted LLB rather than JD degrees. That Faculty of Law switched to JD's something like seven or eight years ago, and I was offered the "opportunity" to swap out my degree, to which I said no way - that would set me back a letter.

Kim Cambell has an LLB from The University of British Columbia.
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Gregg wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:58 am
DNetolitzky wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:46 pm University of Alberta. In Canada most law schools have until very recently granted LLB rather than JD degrees. That Faculty of Law switched to JD's something like seven or eight years ago, and I was offered the "opportunity" to swap out my degree, to which I said no way - that would set me back a letter.

Kim Cambell has an LLB from The University of British Columbia.
My paternal grandfather had a LL.B. degree from Georgetown. Around 1967, he got notified that his degree had been transformed into a "J.D.", or Doctor of Jurisprudence, degree, and for a while, he referred to himself as "Dr. [Pottapaug]." I got my own J.D. degree, in 1978; and by then, it was clear that it was not customary for those with such degrees to call themselves "Doctor" -- that distinction was for those who held a LL. D. (Doctor of Laws) degree. Personally, I think that the new degree should have been, at most, a "Master of Jurisprudence" (J.M.) degree.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

It's the creeping edge of academia, eager to take on new status, power, glory, etc., even if it has to rely on the flimsiest of rationale to justify its egomania.

As an example, the state college that I attended was simply that in title and status and deferred to the more noble and prestigious instutions that had the title of "university." After confronted by the professorial staff over pay raises (after all, they were tenured Ph.D's in their minds and could teach "anywhere" - but none of them were ever going to be invited to Harvard and Yale), the chancellor of the system came up with a brilliant compromise. They told the professors that instead of the pay raises, they would rename the college system as a university. That way, the professors could now put on their resumes, their curriculum vitae, their letterheads, that they were professors at an actual *university* and could no longer be ashamed at just being a lowly college professor.

And to show just how egotistical and naïve these professors were, they accepted it.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

I always say I'll go to school as long as someone else is paying for it, so I have more expensive wallpaper than most people.
I have attended 5 Universities and have degrees from two very prestigious schools, a decent regional Jesuit school with a good basketball team and a Big Ten school not The Ohio State University.
Purely to the quality of Instruction I rate them, in order:

Xavier, MBA and they treated me like a king. My employer paid the tuition and the workload was a lot. I am occasionally asked to fill in for a professor and if call and ask I can get very good basketball tickets. Father Hoff, SJ, the President of the University while I was there became very chummy for reasons unknown and the current President Father McDonald, SJ, has invited me to official dinner/fundraisers twice.

London School of Economics, MSci, The treated me better than the other foreign students from developing nations, I several times heard racial slurs from students but despite having classes with more than one Lord and several other prestigious family type people, instructors were very good. I was still not one of them, despite the fact that LSE typically has more foreign grad students than British subjects. I had a grant that eventually traced back to The MacArthur Fund that paid tuition and I earned a stipend by teaching English as a second language in Ingolstadt Germany, where I commuted from London 3 day every 2 weeks. That made sense to someone.

University of Michigan, Ross, Ph.D. Its a big place and frankly the Ross School of Business pays a lot of bills on what it charges to be a vocational school for the big three. I was a number, if a well treated one, I had excellent parking which is a big deal in Ann Arbor. My motorcar company paid for every penny of it.

Northern Kentucky University, Chase School of Law, I did not finish, Ford quit paying for college for a few years and I quit. They were justifiably unhappy I quit after I begged them to accept a 42 year old into their very limited class. Can't blame them for that, good classes including one from a Senior Federal Judge.

Finally, Cambridge Criminal Correctional Confinement Harvard College, BSci. I could do the maths, mostly. I was poor, only 16, had a dumb hick accent and delivered pizza on a bicycle for pocket money. They hid my bike in trees, tipped like misers and once poured a bucket of piss on me from a window when it was 6 degrees below zero. I still get a slight tic when I think about Boston and Weld Hall is the only happy memory I have of the 29 months it took me to get my degree and then piss off everyone by joining the army the day after graduation.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

AnOwlCalledSage wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:28 am

I was a Beatles fan as a little boy and from there a committed Anglophile . Getting ready to go to europe I fully intended to love the English and "meh" the Germans. It didn't work out that way, upper class Brits are incredibly passive-aggressive snobs.
As I said, I heard the non-white foreign students called "Wogs" 'Pakis" and "Chinamen" which just put me off. Made me wonder what they called me but they were nice to my face anyhow.
Germany, like Central America, I totally fell head over heels in love with.

But I do love London.