Practical Lawful Dissent FMOTL antics, continued...

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

longdog
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Practical Lawful Dissent FMOTL antics, continued...

Post by longdog »

Hercule Parrot wrote:
Robert White
7 February at 09:34

Is there anyone here that doesn't like the council tax system? If so the common law court will be doing something about it soon, if you would like to be a part of it just type YES in the comments. As soon as it's ready to go I'll message everyone interested with further details.

STATEMENT OF CLAIM
COMMON LAW COURT, GREAT BRITAIN:
A pointless claim. If it is successful, I will immediately appeal it to Longdog's supreme common law court.
Obviously I, as appointed supreme common law judge, would have to look at all of the applicable law, study and balance the evidence carefully and give very careful thought to the complex legal issues... And then I'd give judgement in your favour :snicker:
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

longdog wrote:Finally a follow up to...
STATEMENT OF CLAIM
<snip>
In addition to the above, the Respondents are failing to account properly and are failing to obtain the consent of the people for expenditure.
It is never prudent to give away too much personal information, but I have some experience in these matters. :snicker:

Council accounts are audited annually and presented at the annual budget setting meeting. It is illegal for a council to not set a balanced budget signed off by the section 151 officer. These meetings are matters of public record and open to all and the budget papers published. And whether you agree with your own council's priorities and political agenda they are enacted by people who quite literally have the consent of the people... elected councillors!

These people really are as thick as mince. :brickwall:

[Fixed spelink!]
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
The Seventh String

Post by The Seventh String »

But what the FOTLers want isn’t a budget set by councillors. They want every single penny of expenditure explicitly approved by a referendum, and if they don’t like the result of the referendum they want to “decline joinder” and declare it doesn’t apply to them anyway.

So paying any kind of taxation at all becomes entirely voluntary, though they do still tend to want to benefit from much of what taxation pays for. Like roads to travel on in their personal, private, and definitely non-commercial conveyances.

And the same with all laws. Even their beloved common law (the real kind, not the one they’ve invented).
AnOwlCalledSage

The Seventh String wrote:But what the FOTLers want isn’t a budget set by councillors. They want every single penny of expenditure explicitly approved by a referendum, and if they don’t like the result of the referendum they want to “decline joinder” and declare it doesn’t apply to them anyway.
You are so right, and have reminded me of how I found this site in the first place...

I was searching for details of the lovely Hannah (Hannah Sotbolt - An English Rose), who decided she wasn't going to pay her council tax because her council was "funding illegal wars". I think we were all as outraged as her when we discovered Gloucester County Council had granted planning permission for a conservatory on a two-up two-down in Kabul, but we all have to pay it.

The quality of FMOTLers has definitely dipped in recent months.
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
longdog

Post by longdog »

AnOwlCalledSage wrote:The quality of FMOTLers has definitely dipped in recent months.
I'm inclined to agree. Even the relative newcomers over on PLD seem to have lost the little impetus they ever had of late. Even Creepy Charlie's jailing for contempt was somewhat of a disappointment... Where were the mass protests a la Ollie Pillock? Where was the outrage and the putting on noticeings?

Come on lads... Get your fingers out!
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

It's dipped for years here. I had a few good years but now all I have left is Dean Kory.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
aesmith

Post by aesmith »

Do we reckon Whitebait actually believes this Common Law Court will achieve anything? And what about this bizarre comment ..
Keith Biggs
Hi robert ,just a quick question ,would they start chasing my wife to pay the council tax ? She isn’t in rebellion ,she’s scared to because she works for the local authority and is scared she could lose her job

Robert White
Hi Keith, if both you and your wife are registered with the council they will hold both jointly responsible. You can both register with the common law court using the above links with no worries. By doing that you don't have to withhold council tax you can carry on paying, it will be used to test the system.
mufc1959

Post by mufc1959 »

AnOwlCalledSage wrote:
I miss Jimmy One-Cell.
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

aesmith wrote:Do we reckon Whitebait actually believes this Common Law Court will achieve anything? And what about this bizarre comment ..
Keith Biggs
Hi robert ,just a quick question ,would they start chasing my wife to pay the council tax ? She isn’t in rebellion ,she’s scared to because she works for the local authority and is scared she could lose her job

Robert White
Hi Keith, if both you and your wife are registered with the council they will hold both jointly responsible. You can both register with the common law court using the above links with no worries. By doing that you don't have to withhold council tax you can carry on paying, it will be used to test the system.
I imagine Krabby's plan is to invite council tax payments to be redirected into some facade of a trust or escrow account, to be released to the relevant council when they have satisfied the so-called common law court of their compliance to a list of constitutional and financial stipulations.

Obvious problem 1 is that this means wilful refusal to pay, despite having the means to do so. Obvious problem 2 is that the stipulations will be intentionally infeasible, and the third of course is that the funds will be stolen by one or more of the "honourable" rebels within a week.
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
AnOwlCalledSage

aesmith wrote:And what about this bizarre comment ..
Keith Biggs

Robert White
Yeesh! It is a property tax. No one has to be "registered" with the council to be liable. All they have to do is be over 18 and live in the property regardless of whether owner or renting. If one person refuses to pay, the other can be hit for the full amount.

Councils have quite ranging powers to cross-reference databases (including the full electoral register) in order to establish liability. And yes, it would be proportional to use employee records.

Also misunderstood is that the whole amount becomes due the first week in April. Councils (by law) allow two alternative methods of deferred payment; 10 months and two off; or split into 12 monthly payments (they don't tend to advertise the latter and I know some prefer having the two "free" months). That is why when people fall into arrears on monthly payments, the council requests the full outstanding amount - so best not to do so at the start of the financial year!

It is also possible to get the single person discount if one of the adults is registered as having a severe mental impairment which I'm surprised Keith hasn't suggested. :whistle:

The lack of self-awareness being demonstrated here is staggering. If no-one paid council tax, who would pay his wife?

[Edit: Removed an errant apostrophe.]
longdog

Post by longdog »

AnOwlCalledSage wrote: The lack of self-awareness being demonstrated here is staggering. If no-one paid council tax, who would pay his wife?
Given that their obergruppenführer David "Begging Bowl" Robinson survives entirely on state benefits (and whatever he can scam out of his followers) whilst simultaneously claiming it's illegal for the tax-payers who pay for his benefits to pay the taxes that pay his benefits worrying about who pays council employees would seem a tad churlish.
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

longdog wrote:
AnOwlCalledSage wrote: The lack of self-awareness being demonstrated here is staggering. If no-one paid council tax, who would pay his wife?
Given that their obergruppenführer David "Begging Bowl" Robinson survives entirely on state benefits (and whatever he can scam out of his followers) whilst simultaneously claiming it's illegal for the tax-payers who pay for his benefits to pay the taxes that pay his benefits worrying about who pays council employees would seem a tad churlish.

Ah, but to be fair to the great leader, he only accepts his benefits ‘under duress’.....naturally.
Is it SteveUK or STEVE: of UK?????
JimUk1

Post by JimUk1 »

SteveUK wrote:
longdog wrote:

Ah, but to be fair to the great leader, he only accepts his benefits ‘under duress’.....naturally.
Without Dave, what kind of reality entertainment would we have?

I’d like to see a reality show dedicated to these rebels to be honest, like meet the Osbournes, but with less swearing and more calamitous failures.

Imagine the episode where they “sieged” the court?

90% filmed in the weatherspoons!
Siegfried Shrink

Post by Siegfried Shrink »

What a coincidence. I woke up this morning to the realisation that following the antics of the mentally differently abled was akin to watching the kind of TV 'reality' show that I affect to despise.
This was a somewhat bitter pill to swallow, to realise my own hypocricy.

This will not be the first time I have realised my motives were nowhere near as noble and disinterested as I imagined.
JimUk1

Post by JimUk1 »

Siegfried Shrink wrote:What a coincidence. I woke up this morning to the realisation that following the antics of the mentally differently abled was akin to watching the kind of TV 'reality' show that I affect to despise.
This was a somewhat bitter pill to swallow, to realise my own hypocricy.

This will not be the first time I have realised my motives were nowhere near as noble and disinterested as I imagined.
In short, you’ve watched Jeremy Kyle this morning?
Siegfried Shrink

Good heavens, no. Some things are just too dysfunctional.
exiledscouser

Post by exiledscouser »

JimUk1 wrote:
SteveUK wrote:
longdog wrote:

I’d like to see a reality show dedicated to these rebels to be honest, like meet the Osbournes, but with less swearing and more calamitous failures.

I like the idea; how about "Dreary Dave's Dismal Day", a fly-on-the-wall (un)reality show set in an east midlands sheltered housing accommodation block as our hero potters about, generally distraining and rebelling.

Or how about some other suitable programme titles with a distinctly PLD-theme;

No Cash in the Attic.
Come Fine with Me
Say Yes to the Distress
No Friends
The 1261 House
Common Law and Order
Pendragons Den

He's been hassled again by those nasty Rossendale bailiffs;
Good afternoon rebels....
Just had another sneaky visit by Rossendales demanding monies with menaces and trespassing.....he very quietly put another notice of enforcement through my letter box and scuttled away like the roach of a man that he is....Mr Evans of Rossendales was warned that he would be considered a trespasser and thug if he attended my property again....I have taken steps to make sure he is not allowed into the bulding in future.

I'm thinking of gathering a few rebels and then phoning him and inviting him round so I can arrest him and call the policy enforcers....I'm still in the process of putting the local imposter police on notice at the moment so might wait until i've completed that first.....don't want to make it too easy for these traitors to get away with aiding and abetting high treason, although they will do for now of course.
So, if anyone from Rossendales reading this happens to be a mate of Mr. Evans, a word to the wise.

They wouldn't do it because;

no-one would heed the rallying cry and turn up in the first place.

If by some miracle there were to be enough rebels assembled;

they'd all get arrested, at the very least for false imprisonment and assault.

If Dreary thinks the local plod are all imposters and without authority what purpose would be served by detaining a bailiff and then expecting the very same imposter police to turn out and do his bidding.

He just doesn't think these things through sometimes. If at all.
exiledscouser

Post by exiledscouser »

JimUk1 wrote:
SteveUK wrote:
longdog wrote:

I like the idea; how about "Dreary Dave's Dismal Day", a fly-on-the-wall (un)reality show set in an east midlands sheltered housing accommodation block as our hero potters about, generally distraining and rebelling.

Or how about some other suitable programme titles with a distinctly PLD-theme;

No Cash in the Attic.
Come Fine with Me
Say Yes to the Distress
No Friends
The 1261 House
Common Law and Order
Pendragons Den

He's been hassled again by those nasty Rossendale bailiffs;
Good afternoon rebels....
Just had another sneaky visit by Rossendales demanding monies with menaces and trespassing.....he very quietly put another notice of enforcement through my letter box and scuttled away like the roach of a man that he is....Mr Evans of Rossendales was warned that he would be considered a trespasser and thug if he attended my property again....I have taken steps to make sure he is not allowed into the bulding in future.

I'm thinking of gathering a few rebels and then phoning him and inviting him round so I can arrest him and call the policy enforcers....I'm still in the process of putting the local imposter police on notice at the moment so might wait until i've completed that first.....don't want to make it too easy for these traitors to get away with aiding and abetting high treason, although they will do for now of course.
So, if anyone from Rossendales reading this happens to be a mate of Mr. Evans, a word to the wise.

They wouldn't do it because;

no-one would heed the rallying cry and turn up in the first place.

If by some miracle there were to be enough rebels assembled;

they'd all get arrested, at the very least for false imprisonment and assault.

If Dreary thinks the local plod are all imposters and without authority what purpose would be served by detaining a bailiff and then expecting the very same imposter police to turn out and do his bidding.

Siegfried Shrink

I'm thinking of gathering a few rebels and then phoning him and inviting him round so I can arrest him and call the policy enforcers.
I think a custodial sentence could reasonably be expected in the circumstances.
longdog

Post by longdog »

exiledscouser wrote:If Dreary thinks the local plod are all imposters and without authority what purpose would be served by detaining a bailiff and then expecting the very same imposter police to turn out and do his bidding.

Another potential outcome he doesn't seem to have factored into the equation is the debt collector, taking advantage of his common law right to defend himself against kidnap, administering a damn good hiding and then pressing charges.