Random Freemanesque Babblings from idiots unable to sustain their own thread

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

Chaos
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Random Freemanesque Babblings from idiots unable to sustain their own thread

Post by Chaos »

SteveUK wrote:
Siegfried Shrink wrote:
SteveUK wrote: I might pop down for the occasion,
It’s only 5 mins away.
This would be an act of heroic self sacrifice, not only would keeping a straight face for hours be almost impossible for any lesser man, but what I consider the most useful function of any gathering, the chance to hook up with some nubile elf for some hanky-panky would be really unfeasible.
Any pictures I have seen of the rebel hordes, however digitally enhanced, have failed to provoke a single groinal twich since the fragrant Hannah Rose vanished from sov-twittery a couple of years ago. How come pseudo-legality seems to hold no attraction for anyone under 40? They should send recruiters into the universities, there must be someone who does not have a restraining order.

But my guess it will never actually happen due to lack of interest, lost bus passes and no mobile credit.

I might go along and see how long I can last or need to scream ‘this is all bollocks’ every time they pipe up.

Naturally I’ll take along a home note prom note for any donation required.
what if they take Re?
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Re: Random Freemanesque Babblings from idiots unable to sustain their own thread

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

Yes go for it. Take an RE cheque or a bank giro credit marked accepted for value.

(It would be interesting to see which SovCits and FMOTLs turn up. Plus I'd love to know where Tom lives these days since he seems to have been NFA for a very long time.)
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
Siegfried Shrink

Post by Siegfried Shrink »

You'd make their day if you snapped their pictures as they go to the meeting. Can you make yourself look like like some kind of Special Branch chap? Dark glasses and a Gestapo style raincoat?
The idea that anyone was interested in them would overjoy them.

With any luck one of the bolder ones might put you notice for treason, etc. Wear your anti-lien pants.

Requests for admission money are a secret code, the correct countersign is "My Giro is late"
daveBeeston

Post by daveBeeston »

I'm considering attending as I'm only a 5 minute train journey away and I could do with a laugh, I could even break out my black suit and FBI style earpiece for extra comic entertainment.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Never argue with an idiot,they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
longdog

Post by longdog »

daveBeeston wrote:I'm considering attending as I'm only a 5 minute train journey away and I could do with a laugh, I could even break out my black suit and FBI style earpiece for extra comic entertainment.
Don't forget to talk into the cuff of your sleeve. "Red dog, Red dog... This is purple poodle... Targets are approaching the building... I repeat... Targets are approaching the building... Alert the snipers". :snicker:
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
The Seventh String

Post by The Seventh String »

longdog wrote:
daveBeeston wrote:I'm considering attending as I'm only a 5 minute train journey away and I could do with a laugh, I could even break out my black suit and FBI style earpiece for extra comic entertainment.
Don't forget to talk into the cuff of your sleeve. "Red dog, Red dog... This is purple poodle... Targets are approaching the building... I repeat... Targets are approaching the building... Alert the snipers". :snicker:
"......in case the Tesla mind control ray generator misfunctions like it did last time...."
The Seventh String

The Seventh String wrote:
longdog wrote:
"......in case the Tesla mind control ray generator misfunctions like it did last time...."
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

ArthurWankspittle wrote:Yes go for it. Take an RE cheque or a bank giro credit marked accepted for value.
And some Kindness Credits. And a promissory note. Bring every sovcit method of payment you can think of, and let them explain why they don't take each. :snicker:
ArthurWankspittle

I can't find the clip of the old beer advert with the two spies. I can envision Dave and Steve sat at a table in dark coats and fedoras, sipping at beers and saying things like: "The red cow flies high tonight." "But it will land at midnight."
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

I was thinking , we should conduct a scientific experiment . How hard is it to create your own FMOTL scam and build up followers? A harmless one where nobody gets hurt obviously.

Anyone up for it ?
Is it SteveUK or STEVE: of UK?????
ArthurWankspittle

SteveUK wrote:I was thinking , we should conduct a scientific experiment . How hard is it to create your own FMOTL scam and build up followers? A harmless one where nobody gets hurt obviously.

Anyone up for it ?
I don't know if it is really possible. It's a bit Poe's Law like. No matter how ridiculous you make it, someone will really believe it and maybe get hurt because of it.
What's Richard Wiseman working on these days? Could it interest him?
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

ArthurWankspittle wrote:
SteveUK wrote:I was thinking , we should conduct a scientific experiment . How hard is it to create your own FMOTL scam and build up followers? A harmless one where nobody gets hurt obviously.

Anyone up for it ?
I don't know if it is really possible. It's a bit Poe's Law like. No matter how ridiculous you make it, someone will really believe it and maybe get hurt because of it.
What's Richard Wiseman working on these days? Could it interest him?

Can I interest you in a 100% success (!!1!!) guaranteed clear your mortgage group ?

Edit - that doesn’t involve paying it?
Is it SteveUK or STEVE: of UK?????
Siegfried Shrink

Post by Siegfried Shrink »

It could be like inventing a tracked vehicle to go over rough ground for out door sport and having someone come along a fit a gun to it. A harmless but attractive idea could be weaponised with a tweak of the terms.
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

Siegfried Shrink wrote:It could be like inventing a tracked vehicle to go over rough ground for out door sport and having someone come along a fit a gun to it. A harmless but attractive idea could be weaponised with a tweak of the terms.
Already been done;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlZh9-NQEyI
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
JimUk1

Post by JimUk1 »

This an interesting one from GOODF with some bizarre advice I’ve never heard before from Tiggy.

It appears to me that this person is referring to what I presume are overtime rates, which in most employment contracts I’ve had are subject to review from time to time(usually written in the contract).
Hi there, I have a contract of employment with a company .In their contract there are one or two statements regarding bank holidays and rate`s of pay for those bank holiday days which the company are now saying do not apply .
The contract of employment I have does not have a wet signature but it does have a name printed of the person who authorized the contract . Can this person be held liable for the false information within the contract even though they never actually signed it . thanks
Why a CoE needs to have a wet ink signature I’ve no idea, and I very much doubt they have given false information and thereby put the company at large in a position to be sued to easily.

This is baffling advice - “sit and sue”, anyone?
In respect to contract terms, they can be varied. You as a party to the contract can either accept the changes or not accept by leaving the company. Alternatively, you can do what's known as 'sit and sue', staying in the employment but suing for breach of contract.

Hmmm can’t say I’ve ever heard of anyone doing that, personally this sounds like a simple case of the employer reviewing thier overtime rates for bank holidays, if your not in a union you can usually negotiate or just accept it...you can’t just walk out of company though Tiggy! Or you might just get sued yourself!

The old wet ink crap is alive and well!
AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

JimUk1 wrote: Hmmm can’t say I’ve ever heard of anyone doing that, personally this sounds like a simple case of the employer reviewing thier overtime rates for bank holidays, if your not in a union you can usually negotiate or just accept it...you can’t just walk out of company though Tiggy! Or you might just get sued yourself!
Indeed. I was once a union rep and we had to look into this. There are certain items in a contract that are explicit and some that are implied. As long as the companies policies are available to the employee, there is a great deal of leeway in the ability to vary implied terms and conditions.

As a more easy to explain example, in the course of a previous employment, I gained a promotion. This entailed a change to hours, defined in my original contract, I was expected to work before I could claim overtime. Effectively the company could get up to 8 hours extra work "free" per month. I never signed a new contract. However, I took the salary increase. That in law constituted acceptance of the new contract.

My advice to him would be to consult a competent employment lawyer or union rep before doing something stupid rather than random strangers on that there interweb. :whistle:
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
AndyPandy

Post by AndyPandy »

sit and sue anyone...
I heard this term many years ago during my IPD (Institute of Personnel & Development) Diploma, basically, used to describe where an employer breaches existing terms and conditions but an employee doesn't want to terminate their employment, you stayed in your employment (sit) but claimed compensation (sued).

You can still claim compensation whilst retaining your employment.

What counts as a breach of contract

An employee has a contract of employment with their employer. If the employer does not keep to the terms of the contract, and makes changes without the agreement of the employee, this is known as a breach of the contract. If you can prove you have lost out financially because of a breach of the contract, you may be able to claim compensation.
JimUk1

Post by JimUk1 »

AndyPandy wrote:
sit and sue anyone...
I heard this term many years ago during my IPD (Institute of Personnel & Development) Diploma, basically, used to describe where an employer breaches existing terms and conditions but an employee doesn't want to terminate their employment, you stayed in your employment (sit) but claimed compensation (sued).

You can still claim compensation whilst retaining your employment.

What counts as a breach of contract

An employee has a contract of employment with their employer. If the employer does not keep to the terms of the contract, and makes changes without the agreement of the employee, this is known as a breach of the contract. If you can prove you have lost out financially because of a breach of the contract, you may be able to claim compensation.
I would have thought, in the first instance, using the company’s grievance procedures would be the first step before starting legal action?
The Seventh String

JimUk1 wrote: Hmmm can’t say I’ve ever heard of anyone doing that, personally this sounds like a simple case of the employer reviewing thier overtime rates for bank holidays, if your not in a union you can usually negotiate or just accept it...you can’t just walk out of company though Tiggy! Or you might just get sued yourself!
As has been said you might be able to sue. The catch is that if you go down the breach of contract route the employer might be able to counter-sue arguing you are in breach of contract in some way and therefore owe the employer money.

An often better course of action if an employer reduces your pay outside the contracted terms is to make a claim for unauthorised deductions from wages. But in either case getting good quality employment law advice is essential and FMOTL woo and guesswork does not count as good quality advice. Trades unions or CABx being two places to go for good quality free advice.

How long you’ll be working for an employer once you’ve done this depends very much on the employer and their attitude towards doing the right thing by their employees.....

It would be interesting if any of the FMOTLers decided to set themselves up as an advice agency. There’s long-standing case law that says if you call yourself an advice agency your competency will be tested in court against the standards expected of a good advice agency. Claiming you’re incompetent but doing your best or that you really believe in the nonsense you spout will not save you from a disgruntled client who has lost money as a consequence of following that advice sueing you.

A combination of the right injured party and lawyer might well be able to take the FMOTLers to the cleaners.

And FMOTLers don't believe in limited liability corporations or professional (or it seems any other) insurance. :-)
Dr. Caligari
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Crickets

Post by Dr. Caligari »

The Seventh String wrote:A combination of the right injured party and lawyer might well be able to take the FMOTLers to the cleaners.

And FMOTLers don't believe in limited liability corporations or professional (or it seems any other) insurance. :-)
Yes, but most of them don't have the proverbial pot to pi$$ in, either. (Or is that an American phrase?)
Dr. Caligari
(Du musst Caligari werden!)