Random Freemanesque Babblings II: Back to the Futile

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

Hercule Parrot
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Random Freemanesque Babblings II: Back to the Futile

Post by Hercule Parrot »

SpearGrass wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:41 pm Alleging that "person" doesn't include "human being" is a common pseudo-legal argument. It's based on the definition of "person" in the Interpretation Act, which says that it includes "a body of persons corporate or unincorporate". Pseuodlawyers read that to mean that rather than just including bodies, the definition excludes everyone else.
Her application seemed inherently self-defeating. Habeas Corpus only applies to persons. If she perceives her daughter as material property, a different process would be required?

It's a sad situation. Her Universal Law Community Trust pals are urging her ever deeper into disaster. Won't be surprised if they take a mob to dad's home and try to seize the child. It's happened before, and ended predictably.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wale ... r-21276943

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north- ... g-21719564
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

John Uskglass wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 11:08 pm There's a real scary cult vibe about the fact that several people appear to call themselves 'Minister Emoven' followed by a number.
Minister Emoven's cousin perhaps...

38. Minister Emerven did not recognise the Court's authority or jurisdiction and at one point told me that he was placing me under arrest pursuant to the "universal law". He was accompanied by others who sat in the public gallery. All initially remained standing as an act of defiance to the court, but later sat when I made clear that they would otherwise be removed. Minister Emerven did not make any substantive submissions.

https://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWHC/QB/2021/1962.html
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
aesmith

Post by aesmith »

This one popped up on Facebook in "The Sovereign Fraternity - Private Group". The old chestnut of deregistering your car, travelling not driving, don't need tax and insurance etc etc. What tickled me was the idea of informing the police. Do you give your address as well, and let them know where the car's normally parked?
Abraham Cadavra
The car will still have number plates on so they must be returned to DVLA and you can use form V888 to enquire about the manufacturer's statement of origin. Without this you do not own the car. I would also inform the local police and any neighbouring police boroughs you enter regularly with a notice of your intentions giving them a time limit to respond etc. Good luck. Keep us posted how you get on.
TheRambler

Post by TheRambler »

:D
aesmith wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:01 am This one popped up on Facebook in "The Sovereign Fraternity - Private Group". The old chestnut of deregistering your car, travelling not driving, don't need tax and insurance etc etc……..
Abraham Cadavra
…………………………Keep us posted how you get on.
Please, please do! :D

TheRambler
longdog

Post by longdog »

The car will still have number plates on so they must be returned to DVLA
Do they think numberplates belong to DVLA? :shrug:
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
mufc1959

Post by mufc1959 »

I couldn't see a separate thread for Debt Ninjas, so I'll leave this here. It'll be interesting to see how he'll react when all the unpaid CCJs start being taken out of his 'hard-earned salary'. In a perfect world, he'd be charged with theft, but that's not likely to happen. Instead, it'll grind on through the civil courts for a few years.

SpearGrass
Pirate
Pirate

Post by SpearGrass »

Debt Ninjas the movie
It begins with Get Out of Debt Free shambling up from the grave and lurching across the graveyard clutching the three letters it was buried with.
rosy

Post by rosy »

Radio France had a short report on SovCits (citoyens souverains) last week: https://www.radiofrance.fr/franceinter/ ... 24-3766475 and the video on X has had millions of views (and there's a remix on Spotify).

Not a complete translation as I typed it up while listening so didn't put in the editorialising of the presenter, but the gist is there:
A night-time patrol in the North stopped a couple in their fifties and told them to show their papers and submit to having their vehicle checked [normal in France] but the couple refused, saying they don't contract.

"I'm no longer part of the company of the French Republic... France is a private company which exploits its workers.." the man stated with confidence. His theory is based on the fact that the French President has a Siret number [like a company number] which is mandatory for anyone who issues invoices.

These people call themselves sovereign citizens and consider themselves to be above - even outside - the law. Just by declaring themselves sovcits they don't pay taxes or bills; those are for those who contract with the state. They drive carrying a "freedom card" which says in tiny print that they aren't employees of the state. In fact, they have seceded from society.

In France this movement has tens of thousands of members. It's marginal, but worrying because in the USA where this idea originated, these sovcits have killed six police officers. The FBI has classed them as domestic terrorists.

In Germany a couple of years ago, a coup d'état instigated by the "Reischbürger" - Citizens of the Reich - was foiled, avoiding a possible disaster.

However the main victims of this movement remain the people who adopt this conspiracy theory. People who end up isolated - and behind bars. The man stopped by the police has been summoned to court and faces up to five years in prison.
John Uskglass

Post by John Uskglass »

From minor nuisance to attempted bio-terrorism, this one appears to have gone well down the rabbit hole.
A former company director has been convicted of a terror offence after he sent a package of his wife's cooking labelled 'biohazard' to debt collectors.

Andrew Cowell, 55, sparked a major security alert after he sent a parcel to the Leicestershire-based enforcement agency Rundles and Company Ltd with plastic bags featuring the word 'biohazard'.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... azard.html

While there's nothing overtly FMOTL in the report, a keen eye will note that:
When Cowell initially faced court in November 2022 he refused to enter the dock to identify himself and a warrant was issued for his arrest.
His 'What Do They Know' page contains a number of FMOTL/Council Tax refuser tropes.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/user/andrew_cowell