UK - Neelu Berry opens my eyes

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

AnOwlCalledSage
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: UK - Neelu Berry opens my eyes

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

Blimey. The habitual liar may actually be telling the truth for once!

Rishi Sunak's mother was born Usha Berry. She was a pharmacist! I suspect she's related by marriage and, given the relative ages, her husband could very well be a first cousin (although it could be second)!

Full video
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
aesmith

Post by aesmith »

How did she come by the "Berry" surname, given that her father and sister were both Chaudhari.
AnOwlCalledSage

aesmith wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:07 pm How did she come by the "Berry" surname, given that her father and sister were both Chaudhari.
Husband
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
Normal Wisdom

Post by Normal Wisdom »

rosy wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 9:28 pm I feel sorry for the Travelodge staff who will have to get her out of her room after the 28th October.
Per her video dated 31st October, she is still in the Travelodge at the expense of Redbridge Council. She says a 'friend' has told her that if her belongings are still in the property then she hasn't been evicted. In her subsequent video she appears to have got access to the property and all her belongings have been removed. Bang goes that theory.

She also says that nephew Rishi has been no help over the years and is not returning her calls.
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
AnOwlCalledSage

Normal Wisdom wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 4:42 pm Per her video dated 31st October, she is still in the Travelodge at the expense of Redbridge Council. She says a 'friend' has told her that if her belongings are still in the property then she hasn't been evicted. In her subsequent video she appears to have got access to the property and all her belongings have been removed. Bang goes that theory.

She also says that nephew Rishi has been no help over the years and is not returning her calls.
Rookie error. Should have called Liz. She's not got her number blocked or by the sounds of it, any number blocked! (That joke's probably a little too niche for our overseas readers!)

I suspect the "friend" has been watching too much Judge Judy and has become confused. The JJ rules are if you still have items in the property, you are still liable for the mortgage/rent. :snicker:
rosy

Post by rosy »

I wonder what Redbridge council taxpayers think about having to shell out £168 or £120 a night (price inc breakfast & wifi) depending which Ilford Travelodge she's in. Maybe she could skip off to share Eddie's palatial flat in Chelmsford (gas supply possibly disconnected).
AnOwlCalledSage

rosy wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 7:10 pm I wonder what Redbridge council taxpayers think about having to shell out £168 or £120 a night (price inc breakfast & wifi) depending which Ilford Travelodge she's in. Maybe she could skip off to share Eddie's palatial flat in Chelmsford (gas supply possibly disconnected).
I'll let you in on a secret. Those may be the headline rates used in Daily Mail articles, but they are not what councils actually pay to house people.
rosy

Post by rosy »

I just looked up the rates on Travelodge's website; I'm perfectly prepared to accept that they may discount their rates to LAs.

I don't read the Mail - am more than four years clean of giving them even a single click.
Larry Spoons
Scalawag
Scalawag

Post by Larry Spoons »

Neely is claiming on Facebook to have taken the house back on 31st October.
AnOwlCalledSage

Larry Spoons wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 5:15 pm Neely is claiming on Facebook to have taken the house back on 31st October.
Looking at the most recent video, she's gone into the back garden and accessed the garage which looks like it is open and been emptied. Nothing indicating that she has been in the house.
Larry Spoons
Scalawag
Scalawag

Post by Larry Spoons »

Yes, the video suspiciously cuts off before any removal of the shutters, but her latest Facebook posting includes pictures of the house sans shutters and a claim to have reclaimed the memorial to her dead neice
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Has Neelu doubled down and enlisted the help of the Moors? Her Facebook post seems to be saying that a Michael Melchizedek Moor is the new "owner" of the "reclaimed" home.

This should go well. Time to put on another batch of popcorn.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
longdog

Post by longdog »

I had a horrible dream last night about staying in a Travel Lodge and finding out The Princess was already squatting in my room and had 'desires' towards me.

I might never recover from that... Oh the humanity! :shock:
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

Larry Spoons wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 7:15 pm her latest Facebook posting includes pictures of the house sans shutters ...
Aw shucks, now the bailiffs & locksmiths will have to go back and do it all again. Neelu will think this a great victory, until she notices that the costs are met from her residual equity.
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
AnOwlCalledSage

Hercule Parrot wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 7:26 pm Aw shucks, now the bailiffs & locksmiths will have to go back and do it all again. Neelu will think this a great victory, until she notices that the costs are met from her residual equity.
Wouldn't it be coming out of late sister's estate? Which, if her will has been tossed out, would mean she's only entitled to a third of the residual equity.
longdog

Post by longdog »

AnOwlCalledSage wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 7:37 pm Wouldn't it be coming out of late sister's estate? Which, if her will has been tossed out, would mean she's only entitled to a third of the residual equity.
That's the situation as far as I know. It's hard to be sure as I am mostly relying on the ramblings of EWE but my understanding is that there is a will but it's not valid and therefore the late sister is being treated as dying intestate.

This is a bit beyond my comfort zone but I would imagine that if Neelu's antics have eaten into the equity, which they must have, then Neelu pays the lot. If her antics have cost more than her third of the equity then she stands to be sued by her siblings for the difference between the third they should have got and the less than a third they did get. Not that she's likely to be worth suing I might add. I doubt if she has a pot to piss in in the great scheme of things.
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
SpearGrass
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by SpearGrass »

she stands to be sued by her siblings
Lord, Jarndyce v Jarndyce will have nothing on that. Though it would probably end the same way - with the entire estate swallowed up in costs.
longdog

Post by longdog »

Given The Princess's ability to drag out simple cases into epic battles with utterly meritless appeals and nonsensical gibberish I think that's a dead cert. If I were her siblings I would be very reluctant to get involved with the whole thing for fear of being held personally liable for the cost of her nonsense. I wouldn't touch an executorship with somebody else's ten foot barge pole.

If there's a bereavement dividend at the end then all well and good. If not... Meh.
Normal Wisdom

Post by Normal Wisdom »

She's posted a video with Devine and Badaloo (mysteriously backdropped by a picture of Judge Judy and Byrd) recorded on 3rd November and it definitely looks like she's in a hotel room so not silly enough to give up the free Travelodge hospitality.
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
longdog

Post by longdog »

Normal Wisdom wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 8:45 am She's posted a video with Devine and Badaloo (mysteriously backdropped by a picture of Judge Judy and Byrd) recorded on 3rd November and it definitely looks like she's in a hotel room so not silly enough to give up the free Travelodge hospitality.
That's a very good point. If she moves back into not her house I can't see the council giving her emergency accommodation a second time. I wonder if she really is that insane / stupid / both.