Hannah Shotbolt- An English Rose

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

John Uskglass
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Hannah Shotbolt- An English Rose

Post by John Uskglass »

I'm pretty certain she's a Philomena Cunk tribute act.
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Normal Wisdom wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:13 am She's done some "research" but not anything that actually involves, you know, science and stuff because she "wouldn't know where to start". Seems quite a big gap in any evidence base.

Just skipped through it - was there any mention of her law degree?
She got it at the Google School of Law, after getting her undergraduate degrees at the Facebook Institute of Technology, and YouTube University.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
CrankyBoomer
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by CrankyBoomer »

I am removing the content of this post because on reflection it wasn't appropriate for inclusion on Quatloos.
Last edited by CrankyBoomer on Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aesmith

Post by aesmith »

hucknallred wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:24 pm She's back again fighting the 5g death rays now.
Did she really say that radio waves were developed by "an Italian called Macaroni"? 02:30
Wakeman52

Post by Wakeman52 »

I hope she's retuned her Freeview TV, since the 700MHz band used for that purpose in parts of the UK is being reallocated to form part of the 5G roll-out.

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2 ... -8ghz.html

I also wonder what she thinks she's using for her WiFi; the latest generation of pasta router, for example. :-)

Our future is like that of the passengers on a small pleasure boat sailing quietly above the Niagara Falls, not knowing that the engines are about to fail. James Lovelock.
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

I've seen the 5G crowd yakking about for awhile now. What is the real difference that makes it so much more dangerous than 4G or LTE? And I know that it's all a load of crap but still. There has to be something that triggered it now. Frequency resonation? Cycle power? Aliens?
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
eric
Trivial Observer of Great War

Post by eric »

eric put's on his engineer's hat..... OK, the issues that the tinfoil hat brigade are concerned about are network structure and 5G Phase 2.
1. Network Structure translation: Many more cell towers with smaller antennae and lower in height than the 4G towers used now. These new towers will operate at a lower power than the old towers but some people believe that all RF power is dangerous.
2. 5G Phase 2: Phase 1 overlaps the same frequency band as is used now for 4G. Phase 2 though uses higher frequency millimetre wave bands. Actually the higher the frequency is, the more is absorbed by the skin. However, there are all the horror stories of people standing in front of millimetre band radars that are used for anti-missile defense and boiling their brains....
Seen enough people who are violently opposed to 5G reheating their lunch in a microwave and holding their cell phones up to their ears. Oh well, some people just don't understand the physics involved and believe that higher frequencies and more towers equals more cancer. Here is a good article that traces some of the growth in distrust.
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/16/scie ... ancer.html
Along with this is the now debunked theory that even power lines can cause cancer because of the radiation emitted by them. Hint - it wasn't the high voltages that were causing the cancer in Russian electrical workers it was traced to the leaking sulfur hexaflouride used as an insulating gas in the switches. Once they replaced the switches with solid state switches the cancer rate dropped to normal rates.
Wakeman52

Post by Wakeman52 »

JamesVincent wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:36 pm What is the real difference that makes it so much more dangerous than 4G or LTE?
None.

Edit.

Just to clarify.

https://www.who.int/peh-emf/publication ... 0to%20them.
Last edited by Wakeman52 on Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Our future is like that of the passengers on a small pleasure boat sailing quietly above the Niagara Falls, not knowing that the engines are about to fail. James Lovelock.
AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
longdog

Post by longdog »

Wakeman52 wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:36 pm I hope she's retuned her Freeview TV, since the 700MHz band used for that purpose in parts of the UK is being reallocated to form part of the 5G roll-out.

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2 ... -8ghz.html

I also wonder what she thinks she's using for her WiFi; the latest generation of pasta router, for example. :-)

I had this crop up on Facesbook with somebody claiming the 600MHz band was particularly lethal because reasons. When I pointed out the Emley Moor transmitter had kicked out about four million watts in the 600-700MHz band and nobody had died he blocked me :-D

I'm sure they think there are white coated scientists in labs synthesising new frequencies from distilled valve radios or something.

"Perkins! Perkins! Come and look at this microscope slide... I think I've isolated a sample of pure 27.98354GHz!"
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

The answer of course is that they saw it on the innerwebs and therefore it has to be true. Heaven forfend they should actually crack a book or do some actual research.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Pottapaug1938

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

In my younger years, if I had run into someone just like Hannah, I would have thought "she is easy on the eyes, and that accent is cute." However, after listening to her for a while, I would have been searching for an escape route, thinking "looks aren't everything." I can't listen to her for very long before my "Disgust Meter" starts pegging the needle.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
JimUk1

Post by JimUk1 »

Pottapaug1938 wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:33 am In my younger years, if I had run into someone just like Hannah, I would have thought "she is easy on the eyes, and that accent is cute." However, after listening to her for a while, I would have been searching for an escape route, thinking "looks aren't everything." I can't listen to her for very long before my "Disgust Meter" starts pegging the needle.
I once dated a girl (in the Old White Harte of all places) who believed in some quackery, believed that big pharma was killing us, which surprised me because she was from an affluent part of town, Kirk Ella. It went down hill rapidly when see called my favourite pub in the world “an old mans place with the atmosphere of funeral”. That maybe true but it really hurt my feelings, say what you like about big pharma but never insult the dank.
exiledscouser

Post by exiledscouser »

I’ve always thought of Hull as Liverpool’s evil twin sat as they are at opposite ends of the M62 and with similar ‘demographics’ in their respective citizenry, shall we say. Then I went there and discovered some gems of pubs including the Empress, the Lion and Key and William Hawkes.

I now finally have an excuse to return!

As for Hannah, beauty is a very transient thing, only skin deep or as the Bard aptly says, in her case; “Beauty is ever to the lonely mind a shadow fleeting; she is never plain. She is a visitor who leaves behind the gift of grief, the souvenir of pain”.
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

JimUk1 wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:14 pm
I once dated a girl (in the Old White Harte of all places) who believed in some quackery, believed that big pharma was killing us, which surprised me because she was from an affluent part of town, Kirk Ella. It went down hill rapidly when see called my favourite pub in the world “an old mans place with the atmosphere of funeral”. That maybe true but it really hurt my feelings, say what you like about big pharma but never insult the dank.
Sounds like my kind of place, granted I'm now an old man. Which one was it?
I’ve always thought of Hull as Liverpool’s evil twin sat as they are at opposite ends of the M62 and with similar ‘demographics’ in their respective citizenry, shall we say. Then I went there and discovered some gems of pubs including the Empress, the Lion and Key and William Hawkes.
There are some great pubs in central Hull. It's a CAMRA favorite for heritage pubs. Try Ye Olde White Hart and the Black Boy next time. While not heritage I also like the Whalebone.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
exiledscouser

Post by exiledscouser »

:sarcastic:
JamesVincent wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:36 pm I've seen the 5G crowd yakking about for awhile now. What is the real difference that makes it so much more dangerous than 4G or LTE? And I know that it's all a load of crap but still. There has to be something that triggered it now. Frequency resonation? Cycle power? Aliens?
Well - the adherents of anti-5g know more than you do - or anyone else for that matter - on how “stuff” works.

After all, who could forget their invention of a;

“proprietary procedure that leads to relativistic time dilation and biological quantum entanglement at the DNA level"

or the brilliant Pen drive 5g defeating;

“wearable holographic nano-layer catalyser“

which neutralises 5g death beams and has other life enhancing qualities including making your wallet a quantum order lighter, therefore disproving gravity too.

I mean, the following description is a fantastic way of putting over an irrefutable supa-sekret scientific explanation showing that;

"Through a process of quantum oscillation, the 5GBioShield USB key balances and re-harmonises the disturbing frequencies arising from the electric fog induced by devices, such as laptops, cordless phones, wi-fi, tablets, et cetera“.

There’s literally no arguing with that.

What a crock of shite I hear you cry! Well, brilliant minds always encounter nihilistic trouble-causers like you and as Longdog would remind you, “you ‘av ta doo yeah ‘ooon reschurch”.

Or more cogently, if equally dishonestly;

"In regard to the costs analysis your research has produced, I believe that the lack of in-depth information will not drive you to the exact computation of our expenses and production costs, including the cost of intellectual property rights and so on, it is therefore hard to take your evaluation seriously, since you have evidently not researched the background facts in any meaningful way."

I’ve a sneaking suspicion that they are Star-Trek scriptwriters on their day off.
longdog

Post by longdog »

You can't beat a good quantum... Whenever the shit you are selling can't possibly work then invoke quantum physics... Safe in the knowledge that your target market won't have a clue what it is and won't be able to tell you are just spouting a load of meaningless gibberish.

Ninety percent of the time you could probably get away with "it works by magic" but ten percent is ten percent.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
Pottapaug1938

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

longdog wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:28 pm You can't beat a good quantum... Whenever the shit you are selling can't possibly work then invoke quantum physics... Safe in the knowledge that your target market won't have a clue what it is and won't be able to tell you are just spouting a load of meaningless gibberish.

Ninety percent of the time you could probably get away with "it works by magic" but ten percent is ten percent.
It's how the spammers work. Send out 10 million junk e-mails; and if you only get money from 1/1000 of them, that's 10,000 marks to swindle.
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

Pottapaug1938 wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:33 am In my younger years, if I had run into someone just like Hannah, I would have thought "she is easy on the eyes, and that accent is cute." However, after listening to her for a while, I would have been searching for an escape route, thinking "looks aren't everything." I can't listen to her for very long before my "Disgust Meter" starts pegging the needle.
She is a cute girl. Until she opens her mouth. Wouldn't take long before that would be another ex.
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
John Uskglass

Post by John Uskglass »

Ninety percent of the time you could probably get away with "it works by magic"

Well, it is 'sufficiently advanced technology' :wink: