Hannah Shotbolt- An English Rose

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Re: Hannah Shotbolt- An English Rose

Post by Burnaby49 »

Actually I liked Bury. Good pubs, clean, busy downtown area. A pleasant contrast to dying dumps like Rotherham or Wolverhampton.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
Albert Haddock
Cannoneer
Cannoneer

Post by Albert Haddock »

Burnaby49 wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 7:12 pm
Halifax
Three Pigeons?
hucknallred
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by hucknallred »

Burnaby49 wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 8:05 amManchester defeated us. Some of the roundabouts were impossible for neophytes like us to navigate with up to eight or ten entrances & exits that we simply couldn’t handle,
Ah the M60, not for the faint hearted at some points. So vast that it even absorbs the M62 on one stretch.

rosy

Post by rosy »

You were very near me in Chesterfield!
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Burnaby49 wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 3:54 am Actually I liked Bury. Good pubs, clean, busy downtown area. A pleasant contrast to dying dumps like Rotherham or Wolverhampton.
I hope to get there, someday.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Albert Haddock wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 11:34 am
Burnaby49 wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 7:12 pm
Halifax
Three Pigeons?
A superb Real Heritage Pub. It has an octagonal drinking lobby, unique in Britain. It's one of the very few pubs outside of Hull or York that we went to even though we'd been during a prior trip. Same with the Nutshell in Bury St. Edmonds, we spent the night in the town so that we could (and did) spend the night swilling beer at the Nutshell.

https://pubheritage.camra.org.uk/pubs/214

https://pubheritage.camra.org.uk/pubs/146
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

Pottapaug1938

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

And now, getting back to dear, sweet Hannah: she seems to have decided to take her (ahahaha) wisdom across The Pond and into the Rockies -- unless, of course, this is a sock puppet of hers.

https://www.facebook.com/hannah.shotbolt/
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Eaststander
Gunners Mate
Gunners Mate

Post by Eaststander »

Burnaby49 wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 6:10 pm I'm off to England on Wednesday for a five week pubbing trip. I'll look for the mass graves and empty towns. At least the M1 will be less crowded.
Fascinating. And the connection to Hannah Shotbolt is what?
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Eaststander wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:33 am
Burnaby49 wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 6:10 pm I'm off to England on Wednesday for a five week pubbing trip. I'll look for the mass graves and empty towns. At least the M1 will be less crowded.
Fascinating. And the connection to Hannah Shotbolt is what?
If you have any issues or complaints about my postings I'd suggest you take it up with the moderators or frequent a board with more rigorous standards about sticking to topic.

The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Burnaby has been suitably punished for straying outside the lines of decorum. We connected his incoming water lines to the Molson brewery.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Harsh Observer, very harsh. Capital punishment for a jaywalking level offense.

Pottapaug1938

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Burnaby49 wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 8:34 pm Harsh Observer, very harsh. Capital punishment for a jaywalking level offense.
Cheer up. It could have been to lines for Bud Light, Coors Light, and Lite Beer from Miller.
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Bud Light and Coors light are considered beers?

Pottapaug1938

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Burnaby49 wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 3:30 am Bud Light and Coors light are considered beers?
To my eternal regret. If I expressed my honest opinion of them, I'd have to ban myself from Quatloos for 30 days due to my language. Those "beers" need to be served ice-cold, to kill the taste.
Resume
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by Resume »

Pottapaug1938 wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 2:22 pm
Burnaby49 wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 3:30 am Bud Light and Coors light are considered beers?
To my eternal regret. If I expressed my honest opinion of them, I'd have to ban myself from Quatloos for 30 days due to my language. Those "beers" need to be served ice-cold, to kill the taste.
What taste?
Praeterea Preterea . . . Hasenpfeffer Incorporated!
Pottapaug1938

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Resume wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 9:41 pm
Pottapaug1938 wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 2:22 pm
What taste?
The taste which resembles weasel whizz.
Albert Haddock
Cannoneer
Cannoneer

Post by Albert Haddock »

Albert Haddock wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 12:09 pm
Burnaby49 wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 8:05 am The 3,240 miles we covered this trip were necessary to achieve our primary goal, to have a beer in as many of the pubs in this book as we could.

https://shop1.camra.org.uk/product/brit ... w-edition/

The latest edition of this guide was published in 2016. It identified 260 so-called ‘real’ heritage pubs. These are pubs whose interiors have been essentially unchanged since WWII. Based on our experience in this, and prior trips, I doubt there are more than, say, 220 to 230 of these pubs left.
I think I've been to fifty or so of those.
Just been to another (I think-it's listed in the online version): the Bear in Oxford, where I was treated to an American tourist coming back to the bar to complain that the half of Hophead she'd just bought wasn't chilled.
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Sorry, not a real heritage pub since it isn't included in the Real Heritage pub guide. It is included in the regional Guide to the South East but the pubs in the regional guides aren't held to the same standard. That said it looks like an excellent old pub well worth a visit even though they don't chill their beers until there's ice floating in it (I've been served beer that cold in the states).

Pottapaug1938

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Albert Haddock wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 7:29 am
Albert Haddock wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 12:09 pm
Burnaby49 wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 8:05 am The 3,240 miles we covered this trip were necessary to achieve our primary goal, to have a beer in as many of the pubs in this book as we could.

https://shop1.camra.org.uk/product/brit ... w-edition/

The latest edition of this guide was published in 2016. It identified 260 so-called ‘real’ heritage pubs. These are pubs whose interiors have been essentially unchanged since WWII. Based on our experience in this, and prior trips, I doubt there are more than, say, 220 to 230 of these pubs left.
I think I've been to fifty or so of those.
Just been to another (I think-it's listed in the online version): the Bear in Oxford, where I was treated to an American tourist coming back to the bar to complain that the half of Hophead she'd just bought wasn't chilled.
The reasons why so many Americans demand chilled beer is because the mass-market lagers have to be chilled to kill the taste.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

Q: How is light beer like sex in a canoe?

A: They're both fucking close to water.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume