Hannah Shotbolt- An English Rose

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

PeanutGallery
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Hannah Sotbolt- An English Rose

Post by PeanutGallery »

Well...I'm not sure that any of that video was in any way shape or form sensible.

Hannah wants to pay her fine, without it costing her money, so she wants something for nothing. She decides to use a method a similar freeloader in South Africa used to try and pay off his mortgage, which she knows DIDN'T WORK, and thinks that it not working then has somehow set a precedent which means it will work now. That's not how precedent works and the UK doesn't share a legal system with South Africa, it has it's own laws being a different country and all.

She makes a reference to Tellinger's promissory note that she's downloaded off the internet. I think this was one that made the rounds on GOODF a while back, if I recall correctly it's not actually a valid promissory note, considering it has a number of conditions attached that make it pretty much worthless.
Warning may contain traces of nut
littleFred
Stern Faced Schoolmaster of Serious Discussion

Post by littleFred »

If it was a valid promissory note then she would be obliged to keep her promise, as Lord Denning famously said.
PeanutGallery

Post by PeanutGallery »

The note Hannah is using is most likely the one here. It's an IOU with a demand that the holder jumps through hoops in order to collect any payment (and that any payment will be at a rate roughly equivalent of £30 a month and you have to go to them to collect it). She also claims that Tellinger set a precedent allowing Promissory notes to be used as cash. I've tried looking for that precedent, even read this judgement (Which is all I could find on Tellinger's case with the bank, and my Afrikaans (which is limited to vulgarity) is not good enough to search more thoroughly). For what it's worth the Judgement isn't much of anything, the Judge doesn't think the banks witness has qualified themselves enough and while they note that the defence is not going to succeed, they can't give a ruling because the claimant hasn't made out their case, fairly though the Judge gives the applicant time to sort that out).

What Hannah and most of the Freeloaders don't understand or seem able to get their heads around is that a promissory note is nothing more than a fancy banking word for an IOU.

This belief that a promissory note is as good as cash or the same thing as cash is based on a misunderstanding of the Judgement by Lord Denning in Fielding & Platt Ltd v Selim Najjar, in that case (an excellent summary of which is available on swarb. Explains that the promissory notes were used and payment on them was not met. Lord Dennings judgement that a promissory note must be honoured is binding on the issuer of the note, not on the receiver. As such he found that the claimant, was entitled to the payment that was specified on the promissory note they had.

Hannah won't understand this and will instead argue with the court that her made up bits of paper are as good as the other ones and will no doubt think her way into bigger trouble.
littleFred

Post by littleFred »

The Bills of Exchange Act 1882 isn't the clearest legislation ever written, and it needs a couple of read-throughs.

A current junk GOOFer thread claims a party who doesn't accept a promissory note as settlement of a debt "dishonours" the PN. The maker can then send a "protest of dishonour". To support their view they cite section 43, which says:
43 Dishonour by non-acceptance and its consequences.

(1)A bill is dishonoured by non-acceptance—

(a)when it is duly presented for acceptance, and such an acceptance as is prescribed by this Act is refused or cannot be obtained; or

(b)when presentment for acceptance is excused and the bill is not accepted.

(2)Subject to the provisions of this Act when a bill is dishonoured by non-acceptance, an immediate right of recourse against the drawer and indorsers accrues to the holder, and no presentment for payment is necessary.
They ignore para (2) because it offers a "right of recourse against the drawer". This entire part of the Act is about bills of exchange, and by virtue of s89 none of section 43 applies to PNs.

Even if it did apply, GOOFers misunderstand what the Act means by "acceptance". If I pay Joe Bloggs with a cheque, I (the drawer) hand him a piece of paper that orders my bank (the drawee) to pay a sum to Joe Bloggs. Joe takes that paper to his bank, who in turn pass it to my bank. My bank then (I hope) accepts the cheque, and hands cash or equivalent to Joe's bank. However, if my account doesn't have enough funds, the bank dishonours the cheque, traditionally marking it "refer to drawer". The cheque has bounced. My bank returns the cheque to Joe's bank, who returns it to Joe. Joe says to me, "Oi, your cheque bounced." More formally, he protests the dishonour.

The GOOFers take legal advice from each other, that debts can be written off by making promises they have no intention of keeping. Ah, if only life was that easy.
Normal Wisdom

Post by Normal Wisdom »

She's 26!! She's never seemed more stupid than in this video. Her dad must be so proud, especially he's probably still supporting her financially.
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

I don't think I've commented on this discussion before but Hannah forced me into it. That video! So revelatory! So paradigm changing! So incredibly F*****G retarded! It was hard to believe she wasn't actually one of those Japanese humanoid robots programmed to act like they are more or less sentient while their words totally contradict the concept.

"This guy is a complete legend. He took on the Bank of South Africa, and I think he may have lost his house in the process, but he took on the bank and he won and he's a precedent in court now that we can all use."

"So we have a Bills of Exchange Act so which basically the laws which govern the creation of money and the financial sector for basically every country on the planet because the crown corporation Britain have kind of gone around the whole planet and brought down their banks and set up their centralized crown banks . . . "

That was all in the first two minutes. Isn't that great? That second quote, when written down rather than coming out so seductively from the lovely mouth of your English rose, makes no sense whatever. At least to me, a guy that spent his entire career dealing with accounting, finance and banking. Obviously that was just a handicap to understanding the off the cuff comments of a bubble-headed twenty-six year old.

Why don't we Canadians have people like Hannah? Sometimes I have to actually make an intellectual effort to debunk our Canadian Freemen but if I dealt with sovereigns like Hannah I could just sit back with a brewski and let them do the heavy lifting. It's just unfair. I sometimes have to actually think about what our sovereigns rant on about and make an effort to come up with rebuttals.

I hate to say it but I'm sorry. You right-wing British troglodyte are screwed. Now that Hannah is throwing all of her political capital in support of the ubuntu party your old reactionary days are over. She's made up a whole new word "contributionalism"! Add that to her overwhelming beauty and sexual attraction, equal, maybe, to the average everyday twenty-six year old woman randomly walking by you on the street, and there is no contest.

I've never seen so much pure comedy entertainment in six minutes and twenty eight seconds. Thank you Hannah. As a father of two sons, my sympathy to your long-suffering parents.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
PeanutGallery

Post by PeanutGallery »

I'd say her Dad probably hasn't supported her to pay that court fine Normal, I mean otherwise she wouldn't be looking for a way to pay it without it costing her any money.

Speaking of which I believe her Dad was featured in one of her video's while he doesn't seem anything out of the ordinary he does seem to view her antics and her 'beliefs' with rather rose tinted spectacles and seems to pander to her as his princess. I feel this attitude is partly responsible for her current actions, that and her basically being a gullible idiot.

As for Burnaby I do think you should count your blessings. After all living in a country bereft of Hannah means your two sons have little to no chance of being seduced by her average charms, bringing her home and introducing her to you and Mrs Burnaby as your future daughter in law and bearer of the future heirs of the Burnaby estate.
Normal Wisdom

Post by Normal Wisdom »

PeanutGallery wrote:I'd say her Dad probably hasn't supported her to pay that court fine Normal, I mean otherwise she wouldn't be looking for a way to pay it without it costing her any money.

Speaking of which I believe her Dad was featured in one of her video's while he doesn't seem anything out of the ordinary he does seem to view her antics and her 'beliefs' with rather rose tinted spectacles and seems to pander to her as his princess. I feel this attitude is partly responsible for her current actions, that and her basically being a gullible idiot.

As for Burnaby I do think you should count your blessings. After all living in a country bereft of Hannah means your two sons have little to no chance of being seduced by her average charms, bringing her home and introducing her to you and Mrs Burnaby as your future daughter in law and bearer of the future heirs of the Burnaby estate.
No, I'm sure her Dad wouldn't pay her fine but she's obviously living at home (and a fairly well appointed home at that) and as with so many of those who just want to be free to live their lives, she doesn't seem to be encumbered by anything so constrictive of her freedom as paid work. As a father of two in their mid-to-late 20's myself I recognise the tendency to give your kids the benefit of the doubt and even to indulge them more than I should. However, if either of mine had reached the age of 26 with nothing to show for themselves but a prison record I doubt I would remain so accommodating.
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
Normal Wisdom

Post by Normal Wisdom »

It seems that even Daddy has pulled up the financial drawbridge so Hannah has decided to get a paying "job" - as a full time protestor.

http://www.gofundme.com/m44y6g?fb_actio ... ef=fb_mb_a
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Poor lamb, it takes real work and effort to be that clueless. I'm sure she sees it all as a personal affront as well. I'm curious, did she learn this all at home, or did she have to go looking for it?
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
PeanutGallery

Post by PeanutGallery »

But why can't she use the promissory notes she downloaded from the internet to pay for the things she needs to protest.

Maybe because somehow she knows it doesn't work.
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

As of this morning, Hannah has taken in 30 pounds, from four contributors. I wonder how long this trickle of cash will last....
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
littleFred

Post by littleFred »

PeanutGallery wrote:But why can't she use the promissory notes she downloaded from the internet to pay for the things she needs to protest.
She could even accept PNs as donations but she won't of course. Despite indications to the contrary, she's not totally stupid. She's learned from Michael of Bernicia and all the rest that a promise from a FOTLer is worthless.
PeanutGallery

Post by PeanutGallery »

Pottapaug1938 wrote:As of this morning, Hannah has taken in 30 pounds, from four contributors. I wonder how long this trickle of cash will last....
Of course GoFundMe has already taken 8% of that £30.00 so Hannah really has reached the grand total of £27.60 and allowed a 'third party interloper' to claim £2.40 of her donors money.
bmxninja357

Post by bmxninja357 »

im just curious if gofundme is like some of the others where you have to have a bank account to use it? anyone know?

im curious of this as i have never understood how certain folks who complain about the banking system continue to use it....

peace,
ninj
whoever said laughter is the best medicine never had gonorrhea....
Hyrion

Post by Hyrion »

bmxninja357 wrote:never understood how certain folks who complain about the banking system continue to use it
I think you've hit on the only real Rule in the OPCA culture:
  • whatever rule you declare is acceptable as long as it is applied under a "double standards" principle
So based on that:
  • it's wrong to work with the banks unless you are opca (receiving money, not paying)
  • it's wrong to involve the court unless you are opca (as a plaintiff)
  • it's wrong to use real money unless you are opca (being paid that is)
And so on....

Keeping this rule in mind might very well make OPCA litigants entirely predictable.

For example, while certain OPCA litigants believe they shouldn't have to pay vehicle insurance, registration, etc. they can predictably be expected to demand that information out of another driver they end up in an accident with.
PeanutGallery

Post by PeanutGallery »

bmxninja357 wrote:im just curious if gofundme is like some of the others where you have to have a bank account to use it? anyone know?
According to gofundme's FAQ page here. Apparently you can only withdraw money to a bank account, unless you are in the United States where they can send you a cheque.

I think therefore it's safe to assume that Hannah has a bank account and therefore remains tied in to the financial system she and her illuminated brethren loathe so much.
Normal Wisdom

Post by Normal Wisdom »

Oh dear! Poor Hannah is very upset.

She has already selflessly volunteered to become a (paid) protestor on behalf of all us poor unfortunates who are unable to do it themselves - you know, because we are unfairly burdened with distractions like working for a living and other responsibilities. Now she decided to help us again by reminding us how to avoid inconveniences such as the need to hold driving licence or tax or insure your car. This isn't just abstract advice because she tested the process herself last year by issuing her "Notice of Understanding and Claim of Right" to all and sundry from the Queen on down and a "Notice of Recission and Deregistration" to the DVLA in respect of her car .

Nit-pickers might point out her advocacy of the process is slightly undermined by the fact that she was arrested, convicted and fined £1000. However, she acknowledges that she made one small mistake which was that after "deregistering" her car she should have fitted it with "private" (i.e. fake) registration plates. This is obviously a guarantee of success and in no way simply adds to the list of offences. It will also presumably mean that letters such as this one sent to her this week will no longer apply.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater

Now it's fair to say that the response to this advice has been mixed and a good number of people have suggested that the solution will not work and even that Hannah may not know what she is talking about! Hannah put up a new video to explain that nobody said it would be easy and minor problems such as criminal convictions should be seen as mere bumps along the road to freedom

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id ... 96&fref=ts

Unfortunately, not everybody was convinced and a fair number of people continued to call BS on her ideas. As expected of someone so deeply rooted in the meditative arts she has taken such criticism in her stride and the following is merely a sample of her recent posts on Facebook page:

Fuck all of you

I'll tell u what. Fuck it. I quit too. Bring on the nwo idgaf! Go follow some other mug.. I'm not sharing my story wid u lot no more so. Get the fuck off my wall.

And yea .. You can take your £30 donations back its insulting anyway

love me? are you crazy? where were you lot when i was in court? where were u lot when i asked for help? oh yea... you were ignoring me... you all ignor what i say unless it benefits you directly, go away

The video that I uploaded earlier today that you apparently didn't like... Well its going back up. I don't care if you don't like it. Because i don't like you.

Fortunately she calmed down a bit later on but there is clearly evidence of how deeply upset she was by the criticism:

I deleted this video earlier because of the shit I got but fuck it. I'll say what I like. I was so close tonight to saying fuck all of it ill just get a job see the depths to which she was almost driven and pay the fine and go back to live in a house and be a good little slave just like you! Everyone now seems to be so concerned and preoccupied by the gofundme account I made last week for sponsorship that I don't even want it. So Please, to the 3 generous people that actually donated. take your donations back! In the best way. I want sponsorship not charity. You can still have all of my knowledge for free.... ‪#‎i‬'m passionate

What a relief! The thing is, the more I watch Hannah's videos the more I see this :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zExc6SK4kpA
PeanutGallery

Post by PeanutGallery »

Has anyone else noticed that Hannah seems to struggle with basic mathematics, and the proper use of hashtags. Well that and just about anything else involving higher cognitive function.
Hannah Sez wrote:So Please, to the 3 generous people that actually donated. take your donations back! In the best way. I want sponsorship not charity. You can still have all of my knowledge for free.... ‪#‎i‬'m passionate
As I recall Hannah's gofundme attracted four contributors, not three. You'd think she'd be able to keep track considering it's not really that big a number, most of us can easily count it on one hand. That and a hashtag doesn't have spaces, like this "#shemakesblondesthebuttofjokes".
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Oh my god! #almosthadtogetarealjob!
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4