UK: Strawberry - Crucifixion, anybody?

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

Bill Lumbergh
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

UK: Strawberry - Crucifixion, anybody?

Post by Bill Lumbergh »

Meet "Strawberry".

Strawberry is a musician who "spreads love and peace".

Strawberry has a dog. Well, "has" is perhaps inaccurate because he claims no ownership over the dog. The dog simply chooses to live with him. He "owns him in love". Yeah.

While walking off-leash with the dog that chooses to live with him he has some sort of altercation with someone and the police are called. Further investigation reveals that Strawberry has committed some driving violations (unregistered vehicle, no insurance etc. - the usual).

Strawberry is ultimately arrested and his car impounded. During the pat-down search, as he is asked to spread his arms, he scornfully remarks,"crucifixion, anybody?"

Also noteworthy is when the officer asks what he would do if he killed someone with his car while uninsured, Strawberry tactfully replies that he would do what anyone would do - he would have a heart-to-heart talk with the family of the deceased.

The whole incident is documented on video here:
Part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ke424OF ... ture=share

Part 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IW-0_N_ ... ture=share

Now, Strawberry is a disciple of Keith Thompson/Kate of Gaia, hence all the "I have no legal name" crap. If you want to hear Strawberry himself talk about what happened and how he subsequently "owned a courtroom" by being released on bail, you can have a listen here: http://losethename.com/strawberry-mr-wi ... ourt-room/
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Re: UK: Strawberry - Crucifixion, anybody?

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

The chances of him not getting bail on those charges is virtually NIL. He also has to be careful that he doesn't get arrested for obstruction for not telling the Police who he is. Further, I think there is a way that the Police can arrest you for not telling them who you are where a traffic offence has been alleged to have been committed, but I've heard of the situation where cop didn't realise he could do it (much to the consternation of a retired cop who was discussing it on another forum I go on). I gave up listening to his sov cit bullshit but what happened to the dog? If he says it wasn't his, was it taken in as a stray? Also, a major proportion of pets are microchipped these days, a scan at any pound or vets would give a number and an owner.
Finally, him wandering with "not his dog" not on a lead can cause two problems. The county he's in is mainly rural. If he has "not his dog" running around in the spring during lambing and "not his dog" takes it into its head to run after sheep, it stands a chance of getting shot. The shooter would have about as much chance of getting convicted of a crime as a Texas homeowner shooting a burglar. Second, I occasionally have to look after a dog. It's a large, entire male. I take it out for walks on a lead and with a halter type collar. Given the opportunity, it would take on any other dog. If "not his dog" came over and was aggressive to my dog, I'm going defend my dog. If it's "not his dog", then he won't mind me stopping it attacking my dog. If, in the melee between me and the two dogs, my dog rips the stuffing out of "not his dog", he's not going to be bothered?
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
rumpelstilzchen
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by rumpelstilzchen »

Bill Lumbergh wrote: If you want to hear Strawberry himself talk about what happened and how he subsequently "owned a courtroom" by being released on bail, you can have a listen here: http://losethename.com/strawberry-mr-wi ... ourt-room/
Wow. I listened to it all. Strawberry is way, way down the rabbit hole. The number on the cell door is a sign....the fact he was given a copy of Horse and Hound is a sign.... someone had scratched a letter "J" on the floor...obviously a sign. In fact everything he cherry picks and then redefines is a sign!
It is ironic that Keith Thompson is lauding this when you consider that Thompson claimed a freeman win when the judge at his own trial called a recess and he (Thompson) walked out declaring that it was game over for the court. (The fact that Thompson was later fined in his absence is a mere detail.) The claim is that Strawberry "owned the court", told the "judges" it was his court, his jurisdiction, the matter is over and he walked out a free man. But it is far from over. Amongst the gibberish Strawberry lets on what really happened. He was taken straight from the police station to Bodmin court. Strawberry called it Bodmin Crown Court but there isn't a Crown court at Bodmin. It is a magistrates' court. He spouted his gibberish at the magistrates and they ordered him to be taken to the cells. When he was brought back they told him he was being released on conditional bail to appear at Truro at a later date. No doubt he will not appear because in his mind he "owned" them and the matter is finished. So there is a possibility that this could get interesting.
I note Thompson did not ask Strawberry if he had managed to get his car back. I mean....if you owned the court dismissed the charges and walked out a free man there would be no need to hitch a lift home. You would go and get the car that the police "stole". The problem is Strawberry is going to have to stump up the fees and produce valid insurance to get the car released.
One thing I found especially amusing is when the police came knocking at Strawberry's door he quickly hid his pot plants in the cupboard. Surely if he really believes his own bullshit he wouldn't have felt the need to do that?
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
ArthurWankspittle

rumpelstilzchen wrote:The problem is Strawberry is going to have to stump up the fees and produce valid insurance to get the car released.
My guess is that isn't going to happen. "Strawberry" will need a policy in his own name and him getting car insurance in England is going to be seriously expensive.
Other points: I can't believe the Police didn't or couldn't identify him so his delusion of not giving his name will have failed and presumably his world of Ju-ju falls apart now that he has given in and surrendered his name (or whatever the delusion is). Ditto, he isn't going to appear before a Magistrates Court without them knowing his name, address and possibly occupation. He's leaving out parts of this story.
Also, what happened to the dog? Was anything more said about it?
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
rumpelstilzchen

They must know his address because it all started with the police visiting him at home following up a complaint from a neighbour about the dog that chooses to live with him. Apparently the dog had wandered on to her land and had frightened a horse. It would appear there is some history between him and the neighbours. Reading between the lines he is a character who is known locally.
He said one of the charges was for having no driving licence. So I doubt he will be getting insurance.
As for the dog he said that when the police visited him he promised that in future he would keep it under control. I think that is the end of that matter.
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

I guess, from the accents and the auto tags, that this happened in Australia. Aussie police must be very mellow, because NYC police would have, as soon as he denied owning the dog, probably shot the dog, and then started beating on him with clubs, yelling "what name should we put on your headstone?"
ArthurWankspittle

rumpelstilzchen wrote:He said one of the charges was for having no driving licence. So I doubt he will be getting insurance.
I think you can get car insurance without having a licence, but the insurer will expect you to get one and calculate their premiums on you having zero experience. Hence me saying it is possible for him to get insurance but practically the chances are nil because he's going to have to come up with £xxxx (yes, four figures worth) of cash, a lot more than his car is worth.
fortinbras wrote:I guess, from the accents and the auto tags, that this happened in Australia. Aussie police must be very mellow, because NYC police would have, as soon as he denied owning the dog, probably shot the dog, and then started beating on him with clubs, yelling "what name should we put on your headstone?"
Sorry, they are in Cornwall, England. They do have an accent all of their own down that part.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Not to mention having to cough up some real ID along the way, and I suspect that will be a treat when they pull the info back on it.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
rumpelstilzchen

notorial dissent wrote:Not to mention having to cough up some real ID along the way,
Strawberry claims that he has no name whatsoever. He even says that "Strawberry" is not to be construed as his name nor is it his nickname. So there is no way he will ever get motor insurance unless he abandons his principles. I would imagine that eventually his conveyance will be crushed.
BHF wrote:
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

What came to mind after the previous comment was how did he ever get a car if he doesn't believe in ID? I don't remember than it is any less complicated there than it is here, and they you have to show ID and proof of insurance to get tags here. I doubt England has changed since last I checked.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
rumpelstilzchen

notorial dissent wrote:What came to mind after the previous comment was how did he ever get a car if he doesn't believe in ID? I don't remember than it is any less complicated there than it is here, and they you have to show ID and proof of insurance to get tags here. I doubt England has changed since last I checked.
No you do not have to show ID to purchase a car from a dealer or a private seller.
You are meant to give the seller your name and address which the vendor then puts that information onto the registration document and sends off to DVLA. Then a new registration document will be issued in that name and sent to that address. But there is no legal requirement to show proof that it is the correct name and address. You just tell them the name and address. There are many instances when the seller will just hand their registration document to the purchaser and expect them to go and register the vehicle in their own name. There are many instances when the purchaser doesn't bother to do that.
BHF wrote:
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

I suppose you could get auto insurance without have a driver's license of your own if, for example, you were disabled (so they you couldn't operate the car yourself) and needed another person (who had a license) to drive you everywhere. This cannot be an entirely new experience for the insurance brokers and I am sure they have some prepared rates and instructions on such a situation.

Since it is Cornwall, then I suppose the Cornwall police are very mellow. Maybe they haven't changed since the Pirates of Penzance.