will have to suffer flu on the 6th then :D

the one in Birminham on the 7th is still on as far as I know
TUESDAY 7TH JULY 8:00pm

Kings Heath Cricket & Sports Club

247 Alcester Road South,
Birmingham, West Midlands
B14 6DT
http://www.getoutofdebtfree.org/forum/v ... Yk0STTF98F
I thought this one was cancelled. I'll have to get back onto them.
littleFred
Stern Faced Schoolmaster of Serious Discussion

Re: Peter of England: A REal guru.

Post by littleFred »

Welcome, YiamCross!

GOOFer vanreet, aka WeRe Bank member 160265SG, has a thread describing difficulties getting payees to accept WeRe cheques, and asks reasonable questions:
vanreet wrote:[...] I would like to see a success story concerning the Notary Protest letters and follow up letters before I go down that line because my gut feeling is that the banks will just totally ignore them, then what actions are available to us?? Court action?

How do we even start the process of taking the banks in court?

How much would it cost to bring a court action?

What is the likelihood of us winning the case?

These are fundamental questions I feel need answering because there is absolutely no pointy in sending off cheque after cheque if they are going to be constantly refused!
User vanreet has fallen for Peter's lie that payees are obliged to accept cheques, including rubber cheques, and thinks he can take a payee to court for refusing to accept.

User marukee replies sharply, although aiming at another poster.

A few hours later, marukee finally twigs that dirty washing need no longer be washed in public. He shares this revelation with fellow suckers on the private forum:
300664YA wrote:Evening all.
Thought i would post something on WeRe members posting on the Get Out Of Debt Free forum.

There are posts put on there from WeRe members (some may be fraud posters?) that include their frustration over joining WeRe and not receiving cheques, updates on Prom Notes, / Accounts being varified, cheques after being sent being rejected and other complaints.

There are some members on there who are against WeRe and love this info so they can use it against Pater and the WeRe concept.

All i ask is please be patient, relax and members please refrain from posting on the GOODF forum. By all means post debts being cleared by WeRe cheques.

All the best

Yaks (Marukee)
Have you got that message, suckers? Don't air problems in public. Keep them in the private forum, where not even Quatloosians can see them.

In one thread titled "How do i find out were my cheque book is" (note the amusing misspelling of "where"), members 190673JB, 301156JM, 230259TS, 290487LC and 060560LP all ask where their cheque-books are. The WeRe Team do not reply.

A similar thread called "Cheque books" has 220869LB, 110375DD, 020859RF, 240457KA and 150180SW wanting their cheque-books.

In another thread:
280270JM wrote:selling my house in 6 weeks

can were bank issue me a chequebook in time to clear my santander mortgage, i will even offer to reivest the value back into were bank....rather you have it than the bank
That's familiar from GOODF: he wants to scam Santander with a rubber cheque, sell the house, keep the cash, and run. Yeah, that'll work.

Getting a chequebook is hard enough, but using them is even harder. 100858PP failed to pay for a TV licence with a WeRe cheque. Not a big problem, because:
100858PP wrote:I not worry by legal threats as I do not have or watch live- stream TV.

The Cheque was more of a trial
One member despondently titles a thread, "Is were bank struggling . Anyone had any success lately":
290487LC wrote:Reading on this forum and my own experience and other sites

It seems nearly all cheques are being returned as invalid. It doesnt matter what information you send with them they are just being turned down. Were as a few months ago some were being returned but there was also quite abit of success. When you contact were bank you do not get a response and account information not getting updated . There seems to be no support from were bank they are opening up new sites and talking about money transfers and other things but they are struggling to get the cheque proticol and ticket process working.

Just on this forum alone there only seems 2 types of problems 1. Cheques coming back invalid or 2. No response to tickets or updating of account
Jason has a problem:
080378JM wrote:After sending a multiple Cheques to various companies my balance is showing in my were bank account as cleared and has been deducted or drawn down from the original promissory note balance however the company has not returned the original cheque or cleared the debt.

Also if the company has returned the cheque and the balance shown in my Were bank account is showing that the value of the Cheque has been debited. ? what has happened to the RE's that have been debited and has the debtor been paid in sterling or not ?

kind regards

jason
Another sucker has the same problem:
290487LC wrote:Hi just a quick questions i made a cheque for around 2000 to student loans on Monday they took the amount off the balance owed but when i checked on the thursday they added it back on again . The cheque is shown as cleared from my side on my account .
Ah, well, suckers, WeRe Bank is different to other banks. Other banks make money appear by magic, from thin air. WeRe Bank makes money disappear. It debits your account but doesn't credit the payee. It takes your £10/month and give you nothing but hassle in return. Isn't that clever? Isn't that much better than what ordinary banks do?

In the thread "Council Tax - Bank states invalid cheque", members ask for a WeRe facility that can print a statement showing when a cheque was cleared. Suckers could show that to payees as proof of payment. They get a reply:
Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:01 pm, 181057AS wrote:This has already been taken care of and the first three people have already [as of the 19th] taken a screen shot of their accounts and presented this to the PAYEE's BANK to PROVE that their accounts have been debited on the WeRe Bank side of the LEDGER and so the "monetary unit of account" or "cheque book money" has gone "somewhere". If it is NOT in their accounts any longer then where is it? With mathematical and surgical precision must we proceed! The Double Entry Book-Keeping system was (in part) designed to entomb us - but it will also be our ReDemption.

Please ask your friendly "High 5" teller or banking high street defender to explain it for you. Don't forget this....You are in a WAR and the first salvo makes many wish they'd stayed at home but.....
Ah, I was forgetting Peter's magical double-entry book-keeping. He debits, so the other side is mathematically obliged to credit. You might say cynically, "Who wrote that garbage? No-one but Peter could believe that." True. Look at the account number. Who do we know was born on 18 October 1957, with initials "AS"? And 181057AS was the first ordinary user to be registered on the forum, after "admin". At long last, the great man has posted to his own forum.

Meanwhile, can't someone do something about these pesky returned cheques? Jason has an idea:
080378JM wrote:Hello everyone

in relation to the amount of cheques that are coming back to Were bank and if you follow the procedure by sending the cheque off with the relevant Allonge then should there be a process whereby the legal services are picking up the return cheques to argue our case for us.

I understand that the people that have done their research that understand the process will follow the process and make the notable protest however, my question also extends to those people that don't have the knowledge and understanding and find the paper trail process a difficult one as these often tend to be the vulnerable as well.

and should we be collecting the information of these banks that are refusing cheques so that we can actively take them to court as a collective rather than was acting as individuals.

jason
I think it would be quicker to take a note of any banks that accepted WeRe cheques. Another member picks up the point about FLS:
301156JM wrote:Hear - Hear. ... Jason.
I have tried to relate this aspect of LEGAL SUPPORT by Freeman Legal Services, elsewhere... stating that it was my understanding that, due to the WeRe Bank precept of 'Pay don't fight'... that once WE had issued a cheque with the allongé that any subsequent response of refusal from the PAYEE would/should be redirected to these ASSOCIATED services of our account status... and this would then be FOUGHT OUT between the PAYEE & FLS working bon our behalf.
This then ISOLATE the WeRe Bank member ISSURER from the COURT system... where historically the LAWFUL - FREEMAN ON THE LAND ... usually failed when confronting the/ir system.
The Were Bank is therefore 'scaling their walls' using the very same legal rules these establishments use.
These services provided by FLS in association must be brought into action ASAP.
Steve Mac UK
I'll offer an idea of my own. Not only does Peter operate Freeman Legal Services, but also the most powerful court in the land. So if a payee won't accept a cheque, Peter's legal firm can take them to Peter's court, where the verdict is more or less guaranteed. Simples.

A long thread called "Clearing data" also explores this idea of using FLS, but a problem is noticed:
150180SW wrote:With Freeman Legal Services being Peter and Peter being WeRe Bank got to be a confllict of interest no ? Peter wants us to make a claim against WeRe Bank, we can't use Peter to sue Peter
Peter makes no reply. I think his answer would be obvious: "I run the bank, the law firm and the court. There is no conflict of interest. I will always find in favour of myself."

The same thread has a member asking WeRe to provide:
170959MM wrote:[...] the proof that a cheque has been cleared (AND THE DEBT PAID); [...]

I think I have summarised every thread of interest. The rest are members saying, "Hello from Wales" or wherever.

On the whole, I think Yaks (Marukee) is correct. These fantasies and failures should be shared only among consenting adults, in the privacy of their own forum.

(I am indebted to a friend, who tells me that software developers build in default passwords with strong guidance that the passwords should be changed after installing the software. Default passwords that are not changed are an open invitation to snoopers.)

Oh, I nearly forgot to mention the successes. Otherwise I might be accused of bias. They have a thread called "Celebrating Success".
060657JS wrote:Having read a number of posts so far of people failing to achieve remedy with their WeRe cheques, I am not inconsistent in feeling a bit insecure about my £30 cash, which I didn't really have in the first place....

Is it possible for members who have achieved remedy using cheques to write what they did so we have a simple model to follow and to also give some balance to what is being written (i.e. some wins :D )?
Bertie Bert (071258RW) helpfully copy-pastes three claimed success stories from GOODF. 071070CM had a failure with council tax, but paid £2217.00 to Barclaycard and that hasn't bounced yet. 251269AW had a letter saying his council tax was paid for the year. Jason (080378JM) posts a photo of a letter from Capital One saying "Thank you for your payment of £3,847.59, we received your payment on 9 June 2015 and we're processing it." You guessed it, the letter was dated 11 June. Jason posted this triumph on 22 June, saying:
080378JM wrote:Hello everyone,

i would like to Share this with you all this is what i have received so from capital one however i am still waiting for the balance to be zeroed and applied to my account.

kind regards

jason
So, evidence is provided for one cheque that didn't immediately bounce, and even that one hasn't been applied to an account. Ah well, the bank is only a couple of months old. I'm sure that someone, sometime, will persuade Peter to pay something.
mufc1959
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by mufc1959 »

Thank you LittleFred, your diligence is greatly appreciated.
SoLongCeylon

Post by SoLongCeylon »

This is better than anything on TV. I watched a recent Peter video in which he kind of suggested someone's 26 years of working life could be used to credit in Re's their We're Bank Account.

At first I thought Peter was a con man but now I think he is properly certifiably mad. However it is the fools taking this all in and paying over their money that is more amazing.
Losleones

Post by Losleones »

Excellent work Fred & welcome SoLongCeylon. I take it your not an admirer of the "other" certifiable guru Mark Haining!!!!1!!!!
longdog

Post by longdog »

I have to say I admire the chutzpah of Poe in suggesting he will be producing ReDebit cards but I can't see it ever happening for two reasons...

First and foremost I don't see him being able to get them produced by anybody legitimate and any illegitimate card forgers are not going to touch him with a ten foot pole unless they have an overwhelming desire to spend the next 10 years behind bars.

Secondly is the fact that unlike the cheques as ReDebit card is going to be flat-out refused the first time the lucky RePunter tries to use it... And all subsequent times of course. Poe is not going to have the breathing space that he is getting with the cheques or the ability to say "Ah... But they have to present the cheque otherwise they are acting unlawfully because of reasons and stuff".

The Scene: A ReMovement meeting at The Fraudster and Con Artist Cafe, Bar and Exhaust Fitting Centre...

RePunter: "I would like to buy a ReDebit Card Please".

Peter: "Certainly... That will be £25 please"

<....Pause for dramatic effect as RePunter goes to the bar...>

RePunter: "A small dry sherry, a port and lemon, a Babycham and a packet of strawberry and vanilla crisps please"

Bar person: "That will be £8.76 please"

RePunter: "Can I pay by card?"

Bar person: "Of course"

<...RePunter hands bar person ReDebit card...>

Bar person
(after attempting to process card): "Sorry the card doesn't work"

RePunter: "But you HAVE to accept it"

Bar person: "I'm sorry but I can't. The payment won't go through"

<...Pause for dramatic effect as RePunter goes back to Peter...>

RePunter: "OI! This card doesn't work... I want my money back"

Repeat above ad-nauseum.

<..sound of chairs being broken and rope being thrown over genuine imitation Tudor beam...>

<...Lights go up... Curtain falls... Police called... All stand for God Save The Queen...>

FIN
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
#six

Post by #six »

longdog wrote:I have to say I admire the chutzpah of Poe in suggesting he will be producing ReDebit cards but I can't see it ever happening for two reasons...

First and foremost I don't see him being able to get them produced by anybody legitimate and any illegitimate card forgers are not going to touch him with a ten foot pole unless they have an overwhelming desire to spend the next 10 years behind bars.

Secondly is the fact that unlike the cheques as ReDebit card is going to be flat-out refused the first time the lucky RePunter tries to use it... And all subsequent times of course. Poe is not going to have the breathing space that he is getting with the cheques or the ability to say "Ah... But they have to present the cheque otherwise they are acting unlawfully because of reasons and stuff".

The Scene: A ReMovement meeting at The Fraudster and Con Artist Cafe, Bar and Exhaust Fitting Centre...

RePunter: "I would like to buy a ReDebit Card Please".

Peter: "Certainly... That will be £25 please"

<....Pause for dramatic effect as RePunter goes to the bar...>

RePunter: "A small dry sherry, a port and lemon, a Babycham and a packet of strawberry and vanilla crisps please"

Bar person: "That will be £8.76 please"

RePunter: "Can I pay by card?"

Bar person: "Of course"

<...RePunter hands bar person ReDebit card...>

Bar person
(after attempting to process card): "Sorry the card doesn't work"

RePunter: "But you HAVE to accept it"

Bar person: "I'm sorry but I can't. The payment won't go through"

<...Pause for dramatic effect as RePunter goes back to Peter...>

RePunter: "OI! This card doesn't work... I want my money back"

Repeat above ad-nauseum.

<..sound of chairs being broken and rope being thrown over genuine imitation Tudor beam...>

<...Lights go up... Curtain falls... Police called... All stand for God Save The Queen...>

FIN
I really hope that PoE does attempt to produce cards. The fallout would be hilarious.
FatGambit

Post by FatGambit »

Depending on whether they have changed the payment systems, it might actually take longer for a ReDebit card to be declined, now it's been a few years since my business accepted credit/debit card payments but I once had a very interesting conversation with the fraud department at Barclay's merchant services.

A bit of background first, our company supplied some specific vc equipment, sometimes we would get funny orders from the middle of nowhere for the most expensive equipment on stock, now this equipment had to be ordered in, but we would process the payment there and then, everything would go through and be fully authorised, so we'd order the kit in, a few days later we'd get a call saying the transaction was being reversed.

After a few times of this hapenning (fortunately we never lost out) I decided to have a conversation with them, it turns out the cards we have been processing were invisible cards, i.e. the numbers were legit, but the cards were not 'active', I was livid and asked how a card that wasn't live could be authorised through a supposed secure system.

Anyway, long story short, back then when a PDQ machine synced up for authorisation, they didn't get authorisation but what they did was check the card was not on a 'black list', as long as the card wasn't on the black list, the transaction was authorised, it was only later on in the process that it would be discovered tht the card was dud, the guy admitted to me that if a fraudster knew their algorythom, it would be quiet easy for them to cheat the system, he said that credit card generators were available to buy on the internet and it was an increasing problem for them.

The reason for them operating a black list rather than a white list was because there were far more 'good' cards than bad and it would take minutes to search and verify a database of all their good cards, so the system only checked against the bad list, it was a massive flaw in the system and they knew all about it and didn't do shit back then to stop it.

Now I don't know if they've improved this system, this was AFTER chip and pin was rolled out, but considering the average shop assistant rarely even looks at a card nowadays (I use my wife's all the time) if Peter did this properly, it would be a while before anybody get's caught if they don't usethe cards too often.
Last edited by FatGambit on Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FN75
Gunners Mate
Gunners Mate

Post by FN75 »

Hi everyone!

Long-time reader (to the tune of all 98 pages), first-time poster. What a world I've stumbled across.

This won't be a comment that hasn't already been made, but what irritates me more than anything about the scheme is that on the face of it, at least at the start, it looked like some sort of attempt to introduce a 'work for virtual currency and (effectively) exchange labour/time/whatever with others'-type idea.

I'm not coming to any judgements about whether that sort of thing is valid, but to put it on the front page of the original website (presumably to lure people in in some way) and then turn it into a ridiculous, outright fraudulent money-grabbing exercise is just the worst of the worst.

I came across all of this completely by accident and somehow haven't been able to resist keeping up with what's going on. I don't really have much to add by way of discussion but thought I would say hello and vent my anger a little bit! :whistle:
longdog

Post by longdog »

As things stand at the moment I know for a fact that when attempting to pay by card the system (whoever and whatever that might be) checks the PIN code and the available balance in my account. If the PIN is wrong the transaction is rejected and likewise if I don't have the money in my account.

The only way I can see Poe creating debit cards that won't be rejected out of hand is by cloning a real card which I doubt even he is stupid enough to try and even then he would buy a couple of days at most before the real bank on which it is drawn pulls the plug.
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
longdog

Post by longdog »

FN75 wrote:Hi everyone!
Hello Image
FatGambit

Post by FatGambit »

Unless it's changed, the pin verification is between pinpad and card, your pin is not held by the bank, it's programmed into the card and when you input it into the machine, the machine 'pings' the card, if that passes, the machine then obtains 'authorisation'. They called it two-tier authentication when it was launched (it's why your pin is verified almost instantly, but the payment authorisation takes longer).

This is how that Labour candidate got away with defrauding the rail network last year for a few grand, his card would always pass the chip'n'pin check with the conductor, the machine would then check it against the black list in memory (downloaded that morning) and authorise the payment, it was only when they did the 'banking' at the end of the day did it transpire the card was linked to a dormant account. Plus because he never had the same conductor on the train each journey, he got away with it for months.
longdog

Post by longdog »

FatGambit wrote:Unless it's changed, the pin verification is between pinpad and card, your pin is not held by the bank, it's programmed into the card and when you input it into the machine, the machine 'pings' the card, if that passes, the machine then obtains 'authorisation'. They called it two-tier authentication when it was launched (it's why your pin is verified almost instantly, but the payment authorisation takes longer).

This is how that Labour candidate got away with defrauding the rail network last year for a few grand, his card would always pass the chip'n'pin check with the conductor, the machine would then check it against the black list in memory (downloaded that morning) and authorise the payment, it was only when they did the 'banking' at the end of the day did it transpire the card was linked to a dormant account. Plus because he never had the same conductor on the train each journey, he got away with it for months.
According to wikipedia (so it must be true) the machine checks the PIN code with the 'system' if it is online with a fall-back of checking against the card if the machine is off-line.

If this is the case a ReDebit card would only conceivably work on an offline system and given the ubiquity of data connections these days that is going to be one hell of a restriction.
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

longdog wrote:If this is the case a ReDebit card would only conceivably work on an offline system and given the ubiquity of data connections these days that is going to be one hell of a restriction.
Also the chip & pin machines are tightly controlled by a multi-bank organisation (the UK Cards Association). Werebank would not be allowed to use them unless they passed extensive tests of their integrity and resilience (finance, technology, governance etc). Which isn't going to happen.

The idea is obvious nonsense.
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

littleFred wrote:A few hours later, marukee finally twigs that dirty washing need no longer be washed in public. He shares this revelation with fellow suckers on the private forum:
300664YA wrote:Evening all.
Thought i would post something on WeRe members posting on the Get Out Of Debt Free forum.

There are posts put on there from WeRe members (some may be fraud posters?) that include their frustration over joining WeRe and not receiving cheques, updates on Prom Notes, / Accounts being varified, cheques after being sent being rejected and other complaints.

There are some members on there who are against WeRe and love this info so they can use it against Pater and the WeRe concept.

All i ask is please be patient, relax and members please refrain from posting on the GOODF forum. By all means post debts being cleared by WeRe cheques.
Thanks for this intel digest, fred. Very helpful. They will try to identify you by log-in times etc, so make sure you jumble things up a bit to make that hard.
FatGambit

Post by FatGambit »

Hercule Parrot wrote:
longdog wrote:If this is the case a ReDebit card would only conceivably work on an offline system and given the ubiquity of data connections these days that is going to be one hell of a restriction.
Also the chip & pin machines are tightly controlled by a multi-bank organisation (the UK Cards Association). Werebank would not be allowed to use them unless they passed extensive tests of their integrity and resilience (finance, technology, governance etc). Which isn't going to happen.

So tightly controlled that I still have two machines tucked away in my sideboard.

The 'system' is not as secure as it's made out.
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

Kiri Campbell was able to print out fake debit cards no problem, so I see no issue why Peter shouldn't be able to do the same.
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

FatGambit wrote:
Hercule Parrot wrote:

So tightly controlled that I still have two machines tucked away in my sideboard.
The 'system' is not as secure as it's made out.
Sorry, I didn't express that well. You are right that the actual terminal machines are easily obtained. My point was more about what network systems they would be allowed to connect to, if you decided one day to plug them into a handy socket. I assume they would not be accredited to carry out banking transactions unless a national service provider allowed them to connect to it's secure system?
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

I See BBC Two has a new series on, "The Bank: A Matter Of Life And Debt"
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b060gb69
Documentary series following staff and customers at a Huddersfield branch of NatWest. With faith in banks at a low, deputy manager Claire bids to win back the public's trust.

Wonder if they will do the next one with WeRe Bank
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

FN75 wrote:Hi everyone!

This won't be a comment that hasn't already been made, but what irritates me more than anything about the scheme is that on the face of it, at least at the start, it looked like some sort of attempt to introduce a 'work for virtual currency and (effectively) exchange labour/time/whatever with others'-type idea.
I can imagine a sanitarium for minimally functioning adults that hands out chits for showering, cleaning one's room, behaving during group activities, etc. The chits are redeemable at a special "store" in exchange for toys and snacks. In time an economy would develop; inmates would trade chits among themselves. But if one of them were to go awol and take their chits to Red Lobster, we might get the kind of commotion we're seeing in the RePublic.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4