Peter of England: A REal guru.

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

FatGambit
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Peter of England: A REal guru.

Post by FatGambit »

Your problem Peanut is you're trying to use rational logic to explain the Re, when it was never used by the people behind it when setting the system up.

I wonder whether a lot of these Re members are suffering from a form of Stockholm Syndrome, i.e. they are so heavily invested in the system/scheme, that they will never see the con even when the entire system has folded.
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

mufc1959 wrote:Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear ... this poor, misguided woman is under the misapprehension that, instead of relieving her of her worthless pictures of the Queen, PoE is actually going to give her money to offset the cost of her travelling from the Isles of Scilly.
Better than that, the Re is the new currency for the Isles of Scilly. Quick everyone, send in your £35 to PoE and then live like a King at the Hell Bay Hotel (£285 per night in silly old fiat money, but practically free with a werecheque - buy a stool too, apparently). http://www.visitislesofscilly.com/accom ... -bay-hotel

"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
PeanutGallery

Post by PeanutGallery »

To a certain extent I suppose that is true. Curse my critical thinking. It's why my rocks never keep tigers away.

I would agree that their is a certain level of Stockholm syndrome going on, equally it might be akin to a milder form of cult brainwashing. Certainly their is a psychological aspect to what Peter and his adherents do, look at how questions that are perceived to be negative are dismissed and rejected and how those posing them are quickly ostracised and banned. It's to control information that is critical of the ideology and to suppress independent thought.

By doing this they also protect themselves from thinking these unpleasant thoughts and so can happily be taken advantage of.

Note also that when they refer to those opposing and warning others about this, they do so by saying that either they are slaves of the system or agents paid to disrupt such things. It's an accusation that is completely paranoid and baseless, they have no evidence to support such a wild and preposterous claim.

However it does help to foster a them and us attitude and keeps them firmly on the side of their 'gang'. They won't allow themselves to think critically about things and won't voice doubts because it will lead to them being ostracised and cast out. They value the sense of community and also paradoxically think they are helping others by spreading the good word. They aren't. But they won't realise that until they are ready to realise it.

Is their anything we can do, well hopefully arresting Peter will stop him from recruiting new members and trying him certainly would curtail his activities. However in the eyes of his adherents it would only lead to a belief that he was right and is being suppressed by the state. I don't think this can end with just Peter's arrest and I think it should be extended to all those unfortunate enough to have tried to use a fake cheque. They should face the consequences of their folly if only so that they can be allowed to learn what folly it was.
Warning may contain traces of nut
FatGambit

Post by FatGambit »

Yup, agreed.
YiamCross

Post by YiamCross »

Can't see any sign that sirens and handcuffs were used at the King Arthur. Wonder how many turned up and whether PoE got enough brown envelopes full of real money to keep from having to try his luck with Re or sleeping in a field.

Anyone found a place for him to stay yet? If I had a spare room I might be tempted just to get the scoop on what he's up to before it hits YouTube. Second thoughts, maybe I'd just wait.
PeanutGallery

Post by PeanutGallery »

Hercule Parrot wrote:
Better than that, the Re is the new currency for the Isles of Scilly. Quick everyone, send in your £35 to PoE and then live like a King at the Hell Bay Hotel (£285 per night in silly old fiat money, but practically free with a werecheque - buy a stool too, apparently). http://www.visitislesofscilly.com/accom ... -bay-hotel

This is rather amusing, however if the islands did adopt the Re, as a form of local currency, they would give it the one thing Peter and the Goofs cannot, which is an actual value. It would be exchangeable for goods and services. Of course it would only be exchangeable on the Isles, and it might hamper the islanders ability to trade with the rest of the country/world.

I would also suggest that if the Islands need or desire a local currency, it would be better for them to make and market it themselves, this way they can control the exchange rate and can keep the amount of currency in circulation at a reasonable level to avoid hyperinflation. It could also be marketed as a tourist souvenir or some other oddity maybe even containing snippets about the history of the isles or featuring locals who made their mark in history.

To this extent I would support the population of the isles if they wished to adopt a local currency. I would suggest that they might consider making it more local and certainly have the opinion that they should control it and not allow it to be controlled by Peter.

However I suspect that Sally might be somewhat optimistic with her view that this can replace the honesty boxes. As far as I am aware the reasoning behind those communities using honesty boxes is because the population is so small that members hold multiple roles, and they simply don't have the spare bodies to man shops. As such the Re wouldn't replace the honesty box (although if they did need to replace that system I would point to the recent advances in vending machine technology that would probably be more secure).
YiamCross

Post by YiamCross »

Tim Curgenven http://www.getoutofdebtfree.org/forum/v ... c.php?f=60...

When will those on quatloos realise that bertiebert on godf is Peter of England?

getoutofdebtfree.org • The WeRe Bank...The Road Ahead
GETOUTOFDEBTFREE.ORG
June 10 at 8:12am · Edited · Like

https://www.facebook.com/groups/589608711180905/

I personally disagree, bertiebert is PoE's mouthpiece for sure but I don't think PofE posts as bertie.
PeanutGallery

Post by PeanutGallery »

YiamCross wrote: I personally disagree, bertiebert is PoE's mouthpiece for sure but I don't think PofE posts as bertie.
I would agree with that assessment. We haven't seen any proof or evidence that Bertie is PoE, I personally think Bertie's a useful idiot for Peter. Certainly Bertie get's the inside scoop and I believe the two are in private contact, while Bertie does do what Peter asks him to do, I would imagine that a lot of his postings are an attempt to please his new master.
littleFred
Stern Faced Schoolmaster of Serious Discussion

Post by littleFred »

Tim Curgenven has posted on Quatloos. I'd be interested to know how he came to this opinion. He may not have heard audio of BertieBert, who has (as I commented somewhere upthread) a distinctive voice and accent quite different to PoE's.
Origen
Scalawag
Scalawag

Post by Origen »

littleFred wrote:Tim Curgenven has posted on Quatloos. I'd be interested to know how he came to this opinion. He may not have heard audio of BertieBert, who has (as I commented somewhere upthread) a distinctive voice and accent quite different to PoE's.
He is from farmer land and could be a farmer, if so who knows who is on his land.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoMyX7OU1XU

Looking around PoE FB i did find some poor woman who posted 'proof' that WeRe checks work, sadly for her she fails at maths and the basic knowledge of cheques and working days.
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

"The requested topic does not exist."
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
YiamCross

Post by YiamCross »

Looks like Tim has been well and truly Ceyloned, then. He doesn't come over as PoE or Were Bank fan so hardly surprising.
YiamCross

Post by YiamCross »

Re: WeRe Bank Southwest meeting
Postby meeh101 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:57 pm

The meet in Glastonbury was awesome... with passionate discourse louder than the festival :D
meeh101
Silver Member
Silver Member

http://www.getoutofdebtfree.org/forum/v ... ZDqjflVhBc

I look forward to the video. Wonder how many brown envelopes PoE managed to collect? Enough to pay for his train fare and room for the night?

I read somewhere else that he also collects national insurance number an other personal details so maybe a few quid in an envelope is not really the name of the game. Then again, I wonder how much profit there is in hijacking the IDs of deadbeats with negative credit ratings. Whatever, they live in interesting times and we can only sit back, dip into the popcorn and enjoy the spectacle.
FatGambit

Post by FatGambit »

I way going to say that I think the asking for NI numbers is more akin to trying to legitimise Re more so then trying to gain data to clone someone's I.D., since most people using the Re are either bankrupt or very close to it, so there won't be a lot of credit available to make use of.
slowsmile

Post by slowsmile »

WeRe Bank website and forum appear to be down / unavailable at the moment.
PeanutGallery

Post by PeanutGallery »

slowsmile wrote:WeRe Bank website and forum appear to be down / unavailable at the moment.
Is it down is responding that the website is down for everyone, so it's not just a local problem, http://www.isitdownrightnow.com/werebank.com.html

This wouldn't be the first time the banks website has suffered a network outage. The first time was when the domain/host was stripped because of suspected criminal activity, but later outages were just a result of errors at the host. Whether this is because the site is being closed by law enforcement or because the host server farm is having technical difficulties remains to be seen.

Hell it may be that Peter's decided to pay off the hosting bill in Re.
slowsmile

Post by slowsmile »

And it's up again.

And another 60 year old has signed up on the WeRe forum......PoE gaining a following among the ageing hippies?
rumpelstilzchen

Post by rumpelstilzchen »

slowsmile wrote: And another 60 year old has signed up on the WeRe forum......PoE gaining a following among the ageing hippies?
There's no fool like an old fool.......
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
fat frank

Post by fat frank »

the thing that worrys me, is these "custy" have signed prom notes and give them to peter, and if they are to be believed they can be sold on and then demands for payments made, so in theory people could be taken to court to pay the prom note when demand for payment is met
Hyrion

Post by Hyrion »

fat frank wrote:the thing that worrys me, is these "custy" have signed prom notes and give them to peter, and if they are to be believed they can be sold on and then demands for payments made, so in theory people could be taken to court to pay the prom note when demand for payment is met
Clause on the promissory notes:
WeRe Promissory Note wrote:I hereby give permission to the HOLDER and/or the HOLDER IN DUE COURSE of this Promissory Note, to use this note in any way necessary as a "negotiable instrument" to be financially traded on: and whereas under such trade it shall terminate any and every obligation herein on my side.
See those words?
terminate any and every obligation herein on my side
That's relative to any trade on the PN. So - assuming the PN is a valid instrument under Law, no, they can't be taken to court and forced to pay except by WeRe Bank. Any one else that pays the tiniest value for it will have paid for a useless piece of paper.