Peter of England: A REal guru.

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

YiamCross
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Peter of England: A REal guru.

Post by YiamCross »

fat frank wrote:the thing that worrys me, is these "custy" have signed prom notes and give them to peter, and if they are to be believed they can be sold on and then demands for payments made, so in theory people could be taken to court to pay the prom note when demand for payment is met
PoE says they're worded so they become worth nothing if sold. Which would make them worth nothing even if those writing them had a bean to their name to make them worth more than squat to begin with.
slowsmile

Post by slowsmile »

rumpelstilzchen wrote:
slowsmile wrote: And another 60 year old has signed up on the WeRe forum......PoE gaining a following among the ageing hippies?
There's no fool like an old fool.......
The fools appear to be getting older if user 120835JO is giving their real DOB. The other two on the forum at the moment are 55 & 59 as well.
Losleones

Post by Losleones »

slowsmile wrote:
rumpelstilzchen wrote:
slowsmile wrote: And another 60 year old has signed up on the WeRe forum......PoE gaining a following among the ageing hippies?
There's no fool like an old fool.......
The fools appear to be getting older if user 120835JO is giving their real DOB. The other two on the forum at the moment are 55 & 59 as well.
If this is accurate then John Onecell (perhaps!!!!1!!!!) could be celebrating his forthcoming 80th birthday behind bars. :brickwall:
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Rumor has it that on the later versions of the PN the "and whereas under such trade it shall terminate any and every obligation herein on my side" language has been removed.

IANAL, but I really doubt that they would be enforceable in a court, and anyone who actually busy one of them is a certifiable idiot. One of the requirements for validity is a mutual consideration, and I doubt that Re currency could be considered a valid consideration for actual dollars as represented by the PN. Basically they are giving a PN that makes them liable for a sum certain for no actual consideration, and I really doubt a court would ever consider enforcing it.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
fat frank

Post by fat frank »

YiamCross wrote:
fat frank wrote:the thing that worrys me, is these "custy" have signed prom notes and give them to peter, and if they are to be believed they can be sold on and then demands for payments made, so in theory people could be taken to court to pay the prom note when demand for payment is met
PoE says they're worded so they become worth nothing if sold. Which would make them worth nothing even if those writing them had a bean to their name to make them worth more than squat to begin with.

I understand what you are saying, but there argument is all prom notes are legal and should be treat like cash, so in theory you can demand payment on it, as its there way of thinking that says they are worth something, as if they admit its worthless from start, then it will all fall down, as how can there prom notes be worth nothing, but other ones worth something, these are fools and I hope they get taken for every penny the have, I hope some lose there homes, I will laugh laugh laugh
JonnyL

Post by JonnyL »

What is it with all these wannabe 'Artist Taxi Driver' clones popping up on facebook. It just makes you cringe!

https://www.facebook.com/jason.nota/vid ... =2&theater
'Putin's left hand man'
PeanutGallery

Post by PeanutGallery »

notorial dissent wrote:One of the requirements for validity is a mutual consideration, and I doubt that Re currency could be considered a valid consideration for actual dollars as represented by the PN. Basically they are giving a PN that makes them liable for a sum certain for no actual consideration, and I really doubt a court would ever consider enforcing it.
Let's also consider that even if a court did rule that they had to pay the amount, I would suspect that many of those who have gladly signed those notes do not have sufficient assets to make good on the note and as such while the holder may get a Judgement they may well not be able to collect on it.

Finally it may also be likely that if Peter is arrested and charged with fraud, the notes would probably wind up being used as evidence in his criminal trial and then either archived or destroyed (whatever the crown does with evidence it no longer needs) but Peter wouldn't be able to profit from them. The law is rather strict that people shouldn't profit from their own crimes.
Warning may contain traces of nut
fat frank

Post by fat frank »

but they need for people to believe the PN are worth something other wise there pay with a prom note scheme will all fall apart, I would like to see a judge say sorry you signed it and agreed to pay it, so pay,
slowsmile

Post by slowsmile »

fat frank wrote:but they need for people to believe the PN are worth something other wise there pay with a prom note scheme will all fall apart, I would like to see a judge say sorry you signed it and agreed to pay it, so pay,
Half of the crowd at GOODF would then say the judge hadn't played by the rules etc.

Ebert would no doubt interpret it as showing that the defendant had won.
Losleones

Post by Losleones »

slowsmile wrote:
fat frank wrote:but they need for people to believe the PN are worth something other wise there pay with a prom note scheme will all fall apart, I would like to see a judge say sorry you signed it and agreed to pay it, so pay,
Half of the crowd at GOODF would then say the judge hadn't played by the rules etc.

Ebert would no doubt interpret it as showing that the defendant had won.
Guy Taylor, Ceylon & the rest of the clan are going to be very busy soon with a plethora of videos for our entertainment. I envisage an imminent video of a goofy "win" outside some Court of Law filmed by our very own pig tailed danger to society.

The PN issue is just a sideshow as not only do the retards not understand the mechanism of such, it won't even become an issue as this farce will self terminate imminently.
fat frank

Post by fat frank »

if PN are so good, why doesn't peter just pay of Toms mortgage and then we can all become believers
Losleones

Post by Losleones »

Indeed, there are numerous "successful" methods promoted by Ceylon to discharge a debt on his laughable site, just take your pick Tom old son. However, they dispute there was even was a debt to begin with so it would be foolish to attempt such. I'm still surprised a numbskull hasn't suggested this given the mind set of a FMOTL.
fat frank

Post by fat frank »

I think tom already tried that, as am sure someone post tom first post on goodf and it was asking about prom notes and a4v
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

If PN's are Cash, and have value, and if PN's can't be refused, why not just pay for a year of WeRe with a PN? If it is actually as they believe Lord Denning stated*, then are not PN's legal tender, and should not be refused? If they are using this to give their PN value when "depositing" it at WeRe bank, why can't they draft up anouther for the membership fee???

If PN's are legal tender, they should be perfectly fine to use to pay WeRe... Do they not believe lord Denning any more??

* To avoid any doubt, Lord Denning did not say this....
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
Losleones

Post by Losleones »

NYGman wrote:If PN's are Cash, and have value, and if PN's can't be refused, why not just pay for a year of WeRe with a PN? If it is actually as they believe Lord Denning stated*, then are not PN's legal tender, and should not be refused? If they are using this to give their PN value when "depositing" it at WeRe bank, why can't they draft up anouther for the membership fee???

If PN's are legal tender, they should be perfectly fine to use to pay WeRe... Do they not believe lord Denning any more??

* To avoid any doubt, Lord Denning did not say this....
And also pay down the original £150k PN to Peter (won't get that far) as Ceylon & co state a PN must be treated as cash....or even Monopoly money, magic beans.....just none of that toxic sterling Bertie states as being useless. There isn't any of this toxin in circulation according to Freeman garbage. Thankfully I'm retired & no longer receive any more worthless currency for my toils.
Hyrion

Post by Hyrion »

notorial dissent wrote:Rumor has it that on the later versions of the PN the "and whereas under such trade it shall terminate any and every obligation herein on my side" language has been removed.
You can choose to accept rumor if you'd like. I pulled it directly from the pdf that the WeRe Bank website links to.

Unless they have multiple links (versions) in multiple locations - I'd suggest the particular copy of the PN that the WeRe Bank provides itself is considered the official version and rumors otherwise are unsupported in fact.
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

Hyrion wrote:
notorial dissent wrote:Rumor has it that on the later versions of the PN the "and whereas under such trade it shall terminate any and every obligation herein on my side" language has been removed.
You can choose to accept rumor if you'd like. I pulled it directly from the pdf that the WeRe Bank website links to.

Unless they have multiple links (versions) in multiple locations - I'd suggest the particular copy of the PN that the WeRe Bank provides itself is considered the official version and rumors otherwise are unsupported in fact.
Yes, let's take care to only cite the official and reliable sources on this... :haha:
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

I think at one point there was a revised PN, it was talked about here in this now brutally long thread, which will make it hard to find. I think it was never officially confirmed on GOOFy. I do believe there was a GOOFy post confirming that if PoE treis to sell them, they no longer hold value. Also, as stated, the current one has the invalidation terms in it, so PoE can't do anything with the notes, without them becoming more worthless than they are currently.

However, I am not sure if they covered if PoE could ever call the notes, if he chooses, although being the outsdanding member of society he is, I would never believe someone like PoE would ever try to claim actual Pound Sterling promised by the note. If Peter looses in real court, and is ordered to pay, will he be cashing in the PN to bring his bag of money to the courts?
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
Hyrion

Post by Hyrion »

NYGman wrote:However, I am not sure if they covered if PoE could ever call the notes, if he chooses
Were I silly enough to have bought in to his promises I think I'd have a reasonable defense with:
  • Your honor, the promissory note is for "value received". As I understand - and here's all the WeRe Bank screenshots as evidence to support - the value received was supposed to be pounds sterling to be paid via WeRe cheques sent to my creditors. In effect, a loan with a running balance up to the maximum identified by the PN. Since none of them were actually paid, the "Value Received" did not actually occur and - as a result - I don't owe anything.
Of course - you really should pass such a defense through your attorney along with all the other documentation surrounding the transaction to find out if such a defense would hold water.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

All I can say, is that the version of the PN I saw posted most recently does not have the restriction on it. I will post it if I can find it.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.