Peter of England: A REal guru.

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

NYGman
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Peter of England: A REal guru.

Post by NYGman »

Starting to think he may be targeting the older folks, Elder abuse anyone?

Elder abuse and Affinity crimes are on top of my list of disgusting acts of a financial nature, where the perpetrators should feel the full wrath of the law, and rot in jail for the longest amount of time possible.
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

NYGman wrote:Starting to think he may be targeting the older folks, Elder abuse anyone?

Elder abuse and Affinity crimes are on top of my list of disgusting acts of a financial nature, where the perpetrators should feel the full wrath of the law, and rot in jail for the longest amount of time possible.
Unlike some states the UK doesn't (AFAIK) have specific elder abuse legislation. It would just be taken into account at sentencing.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
rumpelstilzchen

Post by rumpelstilzchen »

ArthurWankspittle wrote:So? Notice would have been served. Peter the Fraudster of England can ignore it, which he most likely will - he isn't going to turn up in county court to defend himself, and the plaintiff wins by default. Play it right and Peter is in contempt of court, take to the next level and he's paying interest on the debt until sorted. All of a sudden those promissory notes start to look interesting.
Yes, I understand all of that but my point is that although obtaining the judgment would probably just be a formality, collection would probably prove to be nigh on impossible. As far as I am aware he is of no fixed abode and has no assets. He will just keep moving on.

ETA: This just got me thinking....where is PoE keeping the cash he is collecting? He can't be carrying it around with him.
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

rumpelstilzchen wrote:Yes, I understand all of that but my point is that although obtaining the judgment would probably just be a formality, collection would probably prove to be nigh on impossible. As far as I am aware he is of no fixed abode and has no assets. He will just keep moving on.

ETA: This just got me thinking....where is PoE keeping the cash he is collecting? He can't be carrying it around with him.
He is close to the "man of straw", but he does have a car or motorhome. I'd also bet he is carrying the cash around with him, he can hardly put it in a bank account can he? Or maybe his ladyfriend is laundering it for him? Conspiracy charges anyone?
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
YiamCross

Post by YiamCross »

rumpelstilzchen wrote:....where is PoE keeping the cash he is collecting? He can't be carrying it around with him.
In all he may have scammed a few 10s of thousands but it's been over a period of time and he's had expenses. Hotels, venue hire, curry etc. I doubt he has a lot left, in fact I imagine that he struggles to keep enough coming in to stay afloat. God forbid he should ever find himself so desperate that he has to use one of his own WeRe cheques, then again I don't think he's quite that daft.
longdog

Post by longdog »

YiamCross wrote:
rumpelstilzchen wrote:....where is PoE keeping the cash he is collecting? He can't be carrying it around with him.
In all he may have scammed a few 10s of thousands but it's been over a period of time and he's had expenses. Hotels, venue hire, curry etc. I doubt he has a lot left, in fact I imagine that he struggles to keep enough coming in to stay afloat. God forbid he should ever find himself so desperate that he has to use one of his own WeRe cheques, then again I don't think he's quite that daft.
I'm inclined to agree with you. I think a lot of people over on GOOFY and some here are crediting Poe's scam with more active participants than perhaps are due and Poe has raked in no more than about £20 - 40,000. The sort of people who are going to grab the chance of a free-money magic chequebook mostly don't have the disposable income to fork out £10 per month every month and why should they once they have the magic chequebook in their sweaty paws? Poe can't even cope with running the day to day activities of his 'bank' so I doubt he can keep tabs on even a couple of hundred punter's subscriptions.

Added to that I suspect most of the people who are going to fall for / deliberately conspire with this scam have already joined the 'movement' and Poe is suffering a serious case of diminishing returns which would account for his increasingly sporadic Facebook posts.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
slowsmile

Post by slowsmile »

longdog wrote: I suspect most of the people who are going to fall for / deliberately conspire with this scam have already joined the 'movement' and Poe is suffering a serious case of diminishing returns which would account for his increasingly sporadic Facebook posts.
I agree - I think Smith the Swindler is probably living on the monies he trousered at his last two public meetings. He has no more planned (well, I don't think he plans them - other people arrange them quite clearly), little publicity, can't see he has updated the WeRe website for a month.

It makes you realise how small and ineffectual the Sov / FoTL/ "truth" movement is - just a few sects now hiding away on private FB pages or heavily modded sites. I wonder if they will ever realise it?
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

hanlons razor wrote:Secondly I am aware that seemingly more councils are now alerting their staff to the "counterfeit" cheques. This includes nottigham City council who I have been reliably told issued a warning to all staff yesterday regarding were bank.
Welcome, hanlon.

Nottingham Council should be ashamed of themselves - out of all the LA's in the country, they are the ones who should be keeping an eye on the Haining/GOOFy axis-of-weasel. They should've been onto this from the start.
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
timcurgenven1
Pirate
Pirate

Post by timcurgenven1 »

Hercule Parrot wrote:
hanlons razor wrote:Secondly I am aware that seemingly more councils are now alerting their staff to the "counterfeit" cheques. This includes nottigham City council who I have been reliably told issued a warning to all staff yesterday regarding were bank.
Welcome, hanlon.

Nottingham Council should be ashamed of themselves - out of all the LA's in the country, they are the ones who should be keeping an eye on the Haining/GOOFy axis-of-weasel. They should've been onto this from the start.
They knew about 6 weeks ago! They were informed of this and given details of the fraud officer at Southend council to give them the heads up
Losleones

Post by Losleones »

I don't believe he's made enough money to retire, let alone invest in a much needed hair transplant but it's still a handsome haul of tax free cash & living out of some shitty campervan his overheads must be minimal unless his girlfriend (Karen?) is high maintenance.

I agree with above posts in the numbers will be much lower & suspect they be less inclined to send monthly subs with the increasing knowledge their cheques are as much use a chocolate fireguard. But at Petey boy stated in his video at (Lytham?) keep pushing it. Yes Peter, a bit of defiance & resistance should do the trick......how could that philosophy fail? Those pesky creditors will eventually wilt.......not :haha:
bmxninja357

Post by bmxninja357 »

I have to point out that many normal folks, young and retired, actually live in motorhomes and camper vans. This is not a sign of being poor or outside the system at all. In fact thousands have saved for a good portion of their working lives to do just that.

But it may not be by choice in this subjects case.

Peace
ninj
whoever said laughter is the best medicine never had gonorrhea....
longdog

Post by longdog »

bmxninja357 wrote:I have to point out that many normal folks, young and retired, actually live in motorhomes and camper vans. This is not a sign of being poor or outside the system at all. In fact thousands have saved for a good portion of their working lives to do just that.

Peace
ninj

I'd like to also point out to the congregation in general that not every madman living in a council flat on sickness benefits is a card carrying idiot.

I'm fairly lucid most of the time :snicker:
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
Losleones

Post by Losleones »

bmxninja357 wrote:I have to point out that many normal folks, young and retired, actually live in motorhomes and camper vans. This is not a sign of being poor or outside the system at all. In fact thousands have saved for a good portion of their working lives to do just that.

Peace
ninj
Totally agree but the subject in question is neither poor (due to his fraud) & is totally working outside of the system & that is where scam artists operate.

This thread isn't about the unfortunate decent tax abiding citizens, whether their choice or not to live this way, but merely to expose a scam artist who cares not whether his marks become homeless or whatever.....as long as that toxic stuff keeps lining his pockets he's in clover.
hanlons razor
Pirates Mate
Pirates Mate

Post by hanlons razor »

timcurgenven1 wrote:
Hercule Parrot wrote:
Welcome, hanlon.

They knew about 6 weeks ago! They were informed of this and given details of the fraud officer at Southend council to give them the heads up

I informed them myself several weeks ago as well after seeing a post on goodf about someone trying to pay council tax with them by one of the cheques. This was a general announcement to all staff, so there's a chance certain departments were already briefed.

Guessing it's because they may have seen an increase in the number received, or maybe one member of staff actually passed one for payment.

Either way, whilst maybe slightly disappointed that it's taken this long, at least they've sent it out to all staff.
never attribute to malice that which can equally be explained by stupidity
littleFred
Stern Faced Schoolmaster of Serious Discussion

Post by littleFred »

NYGman wrote:Starting to think he may be targeting the older folks, Elder abuse anyone?
I don't think he is deliberately targeting older folks, though his delivery style and very old-fashioned "payment" system probably appeals most to a certain generation. Young folk these days pay by waving their phones around and haven't a clue how to write with a pen. Doubtless Peter could hire Craig Crawford to appeal more to younger folk.

The oldest member will be 80 next month. The youngest recently turned 20. The median age is 51. So the spread between 20 and 80 is pretty even.
hardcopy

Post by hardcopy »

While I was on Goodf last week before getting banned, I asked if I could use my fictitious mates WeRe chequebook. I was told I couldn't, as it wasn't in my name.
Which got me thinking, would Peter report me for fraud ?
wanglepin

Post by wanglepin »

Hi there hanlons razor and welcome to the forum.
hanlons razor wrote: Secondly I am aware that seemingly more councils are now alerting their staff to the "counterfeit" cheques. This includes nottigham City council who I have been reliably told issued a warning to all staff yesterday regarding were bank. (Working on getting a copy/screen shot of this if possible). .
Do you have the screen shot?
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

littleFred wrote:
I don't think he is deliberately targeting older folks, though his delivery style and very old-fashioned "payment" system probably appeals most to a certain generation. Young folk these days pay by waving their phones around and haven't a clue how to write with a pen. Doubtless Peter could hire Craig Crawford to appeal more to younger folk.

The oldest member will be 80 next month. The youngest recently turned 20. The median age is 51. So the spread between 20 and 80 is pretty even.
Fair enough, I guess just by design, still has a high median age, and Peter is still despicable...
hardcopy wrote:While I was on Goodf last week before getting banned, I asked if I could use my fictitious mates WeRe chequebook. I was told I couldn't, as it wasn't in my name.
Which got me thinking, would Peter report me for fraud ?
Ahh... He just may not move the money in his ledger, so there would be nothing for the bank to magically claim on their ledger. I wold guess that when the bank rings the hotline to clear it, Peter will say, no, it isn't good. How he would know it wasn't the Checkbook owner paying a bill, I would not know, unless someone told him or maybe the account holder needs to enter it into the system first, I would not know, but nowhere on the check does it say who the debt is due from, just who is paying it, and who it is due too. And in Peters talks, he just says he asks for the account number and amount, but doesn't seem to validate any part of the check for fraud at that time. Perhaps when the bank remits the check, Peter examines them to see if the handwriting matches, and the signature is the one on file. If there is an issue, does Peter call back the bank? How long has e got to do this, and if he doesn't do it in 6 dyas, will the checks just be considered good?

Hmmmm
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
Losleones

Post by Losleones »

Newest recruit is a sprightly 70yr old by the username 050245AF
https://www.werebank.com/forum/
Average age of suckers must be entering the mid 50s by now. Petey's scam is akin to a would be salesman having the guile to enter & rob an elderly pensioner but with more sublety.
Bones

Post by Bones »

Two more successes for WeRe Bank

Anyone know about the meeting that was due to take place on 7/7 ?

There have been no video's posted and no posts about what a great turn out there was.

It looks like it didn't even take place