Paula Jayne Campbell - Rainbow Ark Sanctuary

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

dotty
Tourist to Quatloosia
Tourist to Quatloosia

Re: Paula Jayne Campbell - Rainbow Ark Sanctuary

Post by dotty »

thanks for your time

I have found the same vacuous assault on reality in this matter I got involved on eviction and my group are simply trying to stop this woman doing it again so far we have stopped all their attempts at fund raising and countered all their arguments wherever they have appeared, as you say the conspiracy theories are really beyond reality and live in a paranoid mind, The recent developments which your blog has helped to cement have resulted in two main supporters realising the error of their ways and denouncing her and the matter appears now to be in free fall. we are well used to flattening the flatearthers who have joined her side and even they now are leaving as the end becomes inevitable no doubt there will be wailing and gnashing of teeth still to come.

My interest is in the mechanics of this and how it was possible and whilst blatantly obvious a fraud has been committed it would seem that ms campbell was the perpetrator with redstones as the victim I am at a loss to explain the bungalow or the land but no doubt information will apper in its own good time

thank you again for your humour and critical analysis it has helped

dotty
dotty
Tourist to Quatloosia
Tourist to Quatloosia

Post by dotty »

should be happen ....durr
Normal Wisdom
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by Normal Wisdom »

Dotty,

PJC originally had a mortgage with Bristol & West Building Society. It's not clear how long she had held this but I believe she acquired the farm in 2003. I guess that she built up significant debts because in 2006, she remortgaged the farm for £500k with Beacon Homeloans Ltd.

Knowing what we do now, it is difficult to see how she managed to get such a large loan but don't forget this was done at a time when mortgages could be obtained by "self-certifying" your income (i.e. telling lies) and Beacon were definitely a sub-prime lender targeting people who could not get mortgages through mainstream companies. It was also a time when property and land prices were soaring and a lot of decisions were made on the assumption that this would continue. It all "hit the fan" a couple of years later.

Mortgage loans advanced by Beacon (and a number of other sub-prime lenders) were immediately passed to Redstone Mortgages which had been set up to manage the loans which they funded by securitisation. In my opinion this is definitely the dirty end of the mortgage market which preyed on desperate and stupid people. One only has to google Redstone to see the number of complaints about their business practices. In 2010 they were fined £630k (discounted from nearly £1 million) by the FSA because of faults in the way that they managed arrears. So I would find it hard in any circumstances to see them as a victim.

This doesn't mean that I see PJC as a victim either. I believe that people have to take some responsibility for their decisions. When I took out my last mortgage, I certainly remember being told by lenders that I could borrow at least twice what I had asked for but one didn't have to be a genius to know that I couldn't afford the repayments.

I guess my annoyance with PJC and others in similar cases is the perpetual refusal to face up to reality and deal with it. I can almost understand that when all else has failed people are attracted to the pseudo-legal nonsense pedalled by Get Out Of Debt Free and similar gurus but it really gets on my pip when even after it obviously doesn't work people such a PJC and Tom Crawford then become evangelical about it and try to persuade others to join them. I guess I get a certain amount of pleasure seeing those people fall on their faces although, in the UK at least, reality hasn't caught up with enough of the gurus yet.
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
PeanutGallery

Post by PeanutGallery »

My issue is that they might get others to join them on this road to ruin. The advice they offer doesn't work, won't work and can not work. I have a relative who has had a very precarious financial history, my concern is that when saddled with debt and desperate for a solution they could easily fall for this sort of woo and bull. They are somewhat easily led into bad schemes and investments. They could easily become another Paula Jane Campbell if I was not around to point out the obvious flaws in the arguments presented by OPCA litigants.

Equally I also have a respect for what the law does for a society and see it as a tool that shapes our culture. Those who scoff at the law, much like Paula does, do not understand the history or the evolution of the rights they now take for granted.

I also do feel sorry for the animals that suffered because of this episode and am pleased to note that I brought some cheer to one working for the benefit of them (because who doesn't love our furry friends of all shapes and sizes). Reality will catch up with the UK sovereigns, however I have noted that when a Sov fails in their cause their YouTube simply ceases, they don't record the failures and that leaves an impression that this works.
Warning may contain traces of nut
dotty
Tourist to Quatloosia
Tourist to Quatloosia

Post by dotty »

Thanks again

your comments and analysis has been very useful and entertaining hopefully I will get to the bottom of this morass and make some sense of it the lady in question has a shrinking number of supporters and hopefully will not be able to start again if she does we will be there

cheers dotty
Normal Wisdom

Post by Normal Wisdom »

On the various Facebook pages I've seen reference to mortgage fraud by PJC. As I indicated above one could argue that overstating income on a self certified mortgage is fraud but if it is there were an awful lot of people guilty of it and to some extent the stupidity and recklessness of the lenders encouraged it.

However, I do think that there was a potential attempt at fraud in the statement of mortgage payments which PJC submitted during the court case. Redstone challenged these payments, PJC could not back them up and her own bank said they did not match their own records. If it was proved that PJC's statement was false this could have lead to serious charges. In the end it was immaterial and I guess was not taken any further because Redstone got possession of the property which was all they wanted and they will presumably pursue PJC for any outstanding balance now that that the property has been sold.
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
Normal Wisdom

Post by Normal Wisdom »

The Rainbow Ark - Phoenix Rising Facebook page claims that an appeal has been lodged with The High Court.
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

Normal Wisdom wrote:The Rainbow Ark - Phoenix Rising Facebook page claims that an appeal has been lodged with The High Court.
https://www.facebook.com/rainbowarkphoe ... 8764703564

Illiterate, fantastical nonsense. Interesting to see that a fair number of animal-lovers have turned against Ms Campbell.
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

BlueBurmese
Gunners Mate
Gunners Mate

Post by BlueBurmese »

Indeed. That blog also links to details about the funds raised to rehome the animals - https://www.dropbox.com/s/lfixee1x11ama ... counts.pdf. Of particular interest is:
The sole purpose of the fundraiser from the beginning has been to ensure the safety of the animals. This has been made clear from when the page was initially published. I was told during this phone call that if I did not transfer the money to Paula's bank account they would contact the police. After this discussion took place Paula then reported myself to the police explaining that I was witholding the money. I was contacted by the police the following day (13/02/14). No action was taken.
:shock:
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

Very sad - Rachel Sharp did a kind and humane thing, probably costing her a lot of time and stress. Nonetheless she will be vilified forever by the idiots who swallowed Paula Jayne Campbell's lies. Somewhere on facebook at this moment, an idiot is probably accusing Ms Sharp of selling the animals to research laboratories, or mincing them into a big pie and eating them.
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

Revisiting for nostalgia, an interesting update...

Anonymous Tuesday, 05 June, 2018
And the story continues.....shortly after this, the estate agent Venture was hired by us to find a tenant....guess what...yes they put this woman in our house....the result? You can guess...Venture pulled their hands off immediately, our house is ruined, several lies, court cases, rpsca involvement, eviction. Be very very careful, I would not wish this upon anybody...

http://motherdamnable.blogspot.com/2014 ... -lies.html