Guy Taylor - The Magna Carta Man of the UK

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Re: Guy Taylor - The Magna Carta Man of the UK

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

rumpelstilzchen wrote:The courts are stealing elderly people? Coo, who'd a thunk it? I wonder what they do with them?
Stand them in Post Offices?
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
Bones
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by Bones »

I wonder if the Magna Cart man himself will be getting his own documentary ?

Eviction "The Pub Tours"

Lose your home with no case to answer

Bye bye Equity Bye Bye

Just some name suggestions
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Time for someone to make a comedy series out of this. I'm thinking of something reminiscent of the original Reginald Perrin.

Start with a man in an uninspiring office job. One day he's looking over his bills. Utilities, insurance, credit cards, and finally, mortgage. Groans. Fantasy scene of bankers and councilfolk beating him like a pinata. He snaps out of it and mutters about needing a break. Hmm-- Montage of googling "credit card debt", "mortgage rates" etc. He ends up looking at titles with words like "TRUTH" and "FRAUD" with flashing colors and exclamation points. He joins some forums. Soon he's deep into the conversations, even taking the initiative in some of them. The episode ends with him stamping all his bills with "ACCEPTED FOR VALUE"

Thereafter, each sequence of 2 to 4 episodes will feature him trying a different tactic. Lots of montages and fantasy scenes. Season 1 ends with him getting a repossession notice.

Season 2 will be about his fight to keep out the bailiffs and his growing status in the fmotl community. Lots of fantasy scenes that duplicate real scenes but in which he wins in court, forces judges to bow and flee, shames officials into silence by reciting maxims at them. At some point he loses his job. The season ends with him being physically dragged out of the house by cops.

Season 3 begins with him in a beat up old van parked behind a pub, making a video about how you too can beat the fictional debts that the fascists try to foist on you. Then he uploads the video, via the pub's wifi. Then he goes into the pub and uses the restroom while the bartender isn't looking since it's for customers only. During this season he gradually becomes a guru and by the end he is getting a tiny but steady stream of contributions so he can now afford a beer and a sandwich at the pub.

Season 4 will be mostly devoted to his involvement in a great public event called the Commonwealth Dedication, in which the participants will follow the example of Oliver Cromwell and declare Parliament dissolved for corruption. Then they will set up a new Commonwealth, secure everyone's liberties, cancel unlawful debts, and arrest the banksters. Each episode will start with a grand pronouncement of who will be speaking and how many thousands of attendees, not to mention how the whole masonic-criminal enterprise is trembling with fear of the People's Retribution. And of course, there will be lots of blaring ads for people to act now before all the tickets are sold out. The season ender will be the event itself, which will turn out to be about 25 people on rickety lawn chairs watching someone standing on a truck tailgate explaining how a gold fringe on a union jack gives the reptiles jurisdiction.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

grixit wrote:Time for someone to make a comedy series out of this. I'm thinking of something reminiscent of the original Reginald Perrin. .....
A fabulous dramatic arc. Brilliant, surely the next "Breaking Bad".
Just needs a title now, something catchy and ironic.

"The Wizard of Odd"
"How to Lose Friends and Influence Nobody"
"I Came, I Saw, I Squandered"
All Quiet on the Frontal Lobes"
"12 Stupid Men"
"Gone With The Sovs"

I'm in for 0.1% of gross if you use any of above, of course.
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
JimUk1

Post by JimUk1 »

:lol:
Hercule Parrot wrote:
grixit wrote:Time for someone to make a comedy series out of this. I'm thinking of something reminiscent of the original Reginald Perrin. .....

"The Wizard of Odd"
"12 Stupid Men"
"Gone With The Sovs"

:lol:

"Don't be a menace to society, whilst claiming jurisdiction in t' hood"
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Hercule Parrot wrote:

"The Wizard of Odd"
"12 Stupid Men"
"Gone With The Sovs"

"Magna Farce".
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Chaos

Post by Chaos »

Pottapaug1938 wrote:
Hercule Parrot wrote:

"The Wizard of Odd"
"12 Stupid Men"
"Gone With The Sovs"

"Magna Farce".
magnum farters: there's a stench in the air..........
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

Excellent outline. Let's add some subplots:

- in Season 1, he needs to hear some legitimate advice as well the sovereign advice, and be forced to make a choice.

- the main character's descent into madness alienates him from his family, a la Breaking Bad

- when he becomes a guru, he attracts the interest of some wealthy sucker he can never quite land, a la Only Fools and Horses

- the pub owner in Season 3 hates the main character. He took sovereign advice from the main character early on, which goes badly for the pub owner, and he holds a grudge. He lets him park the van there, because they were friends long ago, but won't allow him inside. They have a complex relationship that is explored.

- the main character needs a mentor. Someone he views as a font of advice and a sounding board, but is obviously batshit crazy. Imagine the neighbor from Home Improvement, except it's Baron David Ward. This character will grow in importance over the series. Perhaps it even begins with the main character thinking he's a nut, then slowly seeing the brilliance of it as he goes the garden path himself.
Arthur Rubin
Tupa-O-Quatloosia

Post by Arthur Rubin »

It'll never happen on commercial television. I could be wrong, but I don't think a series where the protagonist is on his way to inevitable destruction can be maintained for more than 6 or 8 episodes. GOODF is not a good target audience....

Now, a historical drama about how the Magna Carta really affected the lives of the serfs (very little) and the nobles might fly.
Last edited by Arthur Rubin on Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: **** spellcheck
Arthur Rubin, unemployed tax preparer and aerospace engineer
ImageJoin the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

Butterflies are free. T-shirts are $19.95 $24.95 $29.95
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

I've never under why they cling to the magma carta so much. By and large, it did sweet FA for your average joe. Freemen (the historical ones) and the Baron's did ok....but Jesus Christ.
Is it SteveUK or STEVE: of UK?????
Pottapaug1938

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

We have to include some episodes involving a Common Law Article III court, set up in a rented room at denny's or some suitable restaurant, or in an empty warehouse in some struggling industrial park.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Do they actually have Denny's in the UK? If they don't would put a real crimp in their program.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Pottapaug1938

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

notorial dissent wrote:Do they actually have Denny's in the UK? If they don't would put a real crimp in their program.
In the UK, the (ahem) "courts" are probably in the back room of the local pub, or perhaps in some otherwise long-vacant property. Maybe they "hold court" in some ruined castle, because someone found a decree by Edward III that "Our courts shall be held in Our castle at Meet-under-Dunne", or something like that, and decides that, since Her Majesty is Not Complying With The Law by holding court there, they themselves will do so.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

grixit wrote:Time for someone to make a comedy series out of this. I'm thinking of something reminiscent of the original Reginald Perrin.

Start with a man in an uninspiring office job. One day he's looking over his bills. Utilities, insurance, credit cards, and finally, mortgage. Groans. Fantasy scene of bankers and councilfolk beating him like a pinata. He snaps out of it and mutters about needing a break. Hmm-- Montage of googling "credit card debt", "mortgage rates" etc. He ends up looking at titles with words like "TRUTH" and "FRAUD" with flashing colors and exclamation points. He joins some forums. Soon he's deep into the conversations, even taking the initiative in some of them. The episode ends with him stamping all his bills with "ACCEPTED FOR VALUE"

Thereafter, each sequence of 2 to 4 episodes will feature him trying a different tactic. Lots of montages and fantasy scenes. Season 1 ends with him getting a repossession notice.

Season 2 will be about his fight to keep out the bailiffs and his growing status in the fmotl community. Lots of fantasy scenes that duplicate real scenes but in which he wins in court, forces judges to bow and flee, shames officials into silence by reciting maxims at them. At some point he loses his job. The season ends with him being physically dragged out of the house by cops.

Season 3 begins with him in a beat up old van parked behind a pub, making a video about how you too can beat the fictional debts that the fascists try to foist on you. Then he uploads the video, via the pub's wifi. Then he goes into the pub and uses the restroom while the bartender isn't looking since it's for customers only. During this season he gradually becomes a guru and by the end he is getting a tiny but steady stream of contributions so he can now afford a beer and a sandwich at the pub.

Season 4 will be mostly devoted to his involvement in a great public event called the Commonwealth Dedication, in which the participants will follow the example of Oliver Cromwell and declare Parliament dissolved for corruption. Then they will set up a new Commonwealth, secure everyone's liberties, cancel unlawful debts, and arrest the banksters. Each episode will start with a grand pronouncement of who will be speaking and how many thousands of attendees, not to mention how the whole masonic-criminal enterprise is trembling with fear of the People's Retribution. And of course, there will be lots of blaring ads for people to act now before all the tickets are sold out. The season ender will be the event itself, which will turn out to be about 25 people on rickety lawn chairs watching someone standing on a truck tailgate explaining how a gold fringe on a union jack gives the reptiles jurisdiction.
Its too absurd. No one would ever believe that something like this could really happen. Its too ridiculous, even for British TV, which brought us such wonderfully insane shows as Monty Python, Benny Hill and Red Dwarf.
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

noblepa wrote:Its too absurd. No one would ever believe that something like this could really happen. Its too ridiculous, even for British TV, which brought us such wonderfully insane shows as Monty Python, Benny Hill and Red Dwarf.
I can believe this. When Hollywood made the movie Charlie Wilson's War, they actually had to tone down the historical accuracy, because the real-life Charlie Wilson's actions were so outrageous they thought audiences wouldn't believe them. Audie Murphy's biography too, I think.

In all seriousness, I think the subject matter lends itself better to the documentary approach: simply follow these people around and record what they do. Even better, take a reality show approach, and them give them all confessionals where they can be catty about each other.
Pottapaug1938

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

How about a reality show -- "Last Sovereign Standing"? Put a bunch of the top sovruns on a piece of land somewhere, then among other things build a barn with a gen-yoo-wine-looking courtroom, complete with "US flags of peace" or at least conventional flags without a gold fringe, hire "judges" trained by some of the "freedom" law schools, round up some Bundyite jurors, and see who winds up with an allodial land patent to the property in the end.
aesmith

Post by aesmith »

Pottapaug1938 wrote:In the UK, the (ahem) "courts" are probably in the back room of the local pub, or perhaps in some otherwise long-vacant property. Maybe they "hold court" in some ruined castle, because someone found a decree by Edward III that "Our courts shall be held in Our castle at Meet-under-Dunne", or something like that, and decides that, since Her Majesty is Not Complying With The Law by holding court there, they themselves will do so.
Ideal venue here, although it looks like it's coming on to rain ...

Chaos

Post by Chaos »

Pottapaug1938 wrote:How about a reality show -- "Last Sovereign Standing"?
it would be over in 15 minutes. They're too lazy to stand.
Pottapaug1938

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Chaos wrote:
Okay, then. "Last Freeman On The Land".
Pox

Post by Pox »

Chaos wrote:
Or too pissed to stand? ( in Mr Taylor's case?)