Guy Taylor - The Magna Carta Man of the UK

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

Hercule Parrot
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Guy Taylor - The Magna Carta Man of the UK

Post by Hercule Parrot »

Pottapaug1938 wrote:How about a reality show -- "Last Sovereign Standing"? Put a bunch of the top sovruns on a piece of land somewhere, then among other things build a barn with a gen-yoo-wine-looking courtroom, complete with "US flags of peace" or at least conventional flags without a gold fringe, hire "judges" trained by some of the "freedom" law schools, round up some Bundyite jurors, and see who winds up with an allodial land patent to the property in the end.
Brilliant. I would just add one small suggestion. Make sure they're all generously armed, so that they can assert their rights against each other with full gusto.
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
Arthur Rubin
Tupa-O-Quatloosia

Post by Arthur Rubin »

Hercule Parrot wrote:Brilliant. I would just add one small suggestion. Make sure they're all generously armed, so that they can assert their rights against each other with full gusto.
I don't think that's legal in the UK....
Arthur Rubin, unemployed tax preparer and aerospace engineer
ImageJoin the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

Butterflies are free. T-shirts are $19.95 $24.95 $29.95
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Arthur Rubin wrote:
Hercule Parrot wrote:Brilliant. I would just add one small suggestion. Make sure they're all generously armed, so that they can assert their rights against each other with full gusto.
I don't think that's legal in the UK....
Give them broadswords, cudgels, or something along those lines.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

Pottapaug1938 wrote:Give them broadswords, cudgels, or something along those lines.
Since they love the Magna Carta so much, I was thinking catapults, diseased animal carcasses, and vats of hot boiling oil. Let them give each other the real 13th Century experience.
rumpelstilzchen

Post by rumpelstilzchen »

Is this leading towards the comfy chair?
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

rumpelstilzchen wrote:Is this leading towards the comfy chair?
We can't tell you that; otherwise you would be expecting the Spanish Inquisition.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

TheNewSaint wrote:
Pottapaug1938 wrote:Give them broadswords, cudgels, or something along those lines.
Since they love the Magna Carta so much, I was thinking catapults, diseased animal carcasses, and vats of hot boiling oil. Let them give each other the real 13th Century experience.
Longbows -- we can't forget longbows, made from yew or elm trees.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
obadiah
Pirate
Pirate

Post by obadiah »

The Observer wrote:
rumpelstilzchen wrote:Is this leading towards the comfy chair?
We can't tell you that; otherwise you would be expecting the Spanish Inquisition.
NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!
1. There is a kind of law that I like, which are my own rules, which I call common law. It applies to me.
2. There are many other kinds of law but they don’t apply to me, because I say so."
LLAP
rumpelstilzchen

Post by rumpelstilzchen »

What about point..ed sticks?
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

rumpelstilzchen wrote:What about point..ed sticks?
They'd hurt themselves, for the same reason they can't have sharp scissors.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
longdog

Post by longdog »

Pottapaug1938 wrote:
TheNewSaint wrote:
Longbows are a bit of a steep learning curve. We'd get more consistent carnage from crossbows. :shock:
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

longdog wrote:
Pottapaug1938 wrote:
TheNewSaint wrote:
Longbows are a bit of a steep learning curve. We'd get more consistent carnage from crossbows. :shock:
Actually, anything beyond a rock and a stick is probably too complicated based on what I have seen to date, and then they'd probably hurt themselves. Longbows actually require a great deal of training and strength to even be moderately useful with one, and in those days you trained from the time you were a child to gain actual proficiency. It is not something you pick up from a how to video. Crossbow doesn't require that kind of strength, but it does require the ability to learn and follow directions, so we are back to our starting point of rock and stick.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
longdog

Post by longdog »

notorial dissent wrote:Longbows actually require a great deal of training and strength to even be moderately useful with one, and in those days you trained from the time you were a child to gain actual proficiency. It is not something you pick up from a how to video.[/color][/b]
I've had my English longbow for over a decade and I'm reasonably proficient with it but in a punch-up or the coming zombie apocalypse I'd take my recurve or a compound every time. Longbows are great for rapid fire and volley and my 'very expensive stick' is always going to be my favourite but they're never going to be as accurate as shooting off a shelf or a rest.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
mac
Cannoneer
Cannoneer

Post by mac »

I often wonder if Brian Gerrish really believes Taylors Tales, or is he just as deluded as the rest of them :thinking:
wanglepin

Post by wanglepin »

mac wrote:I often wonder if Brian Gerrish really believes Taylors Tales, or is he just as deluded as the rest of them :thinking:
I doubt it very much. The only reason Gerrish entertains Taylor is they (1) both can tell lies as goods as one another (2) Gerrish has or had a big following from the freeman movement mainly due to that other pathological liar John Harris deceased. He is as you suggested deluded and I will add he is also a jumped up,status seeker who believes he is somehow an important with a lot of respect and authority. Just like Roger Hayes.
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

Just in case we didnt know already - things aren't looking good for Guy. There will soon be no castle to retake!

Application to demolish it:

And its been approved, to be done within 3 years ( of May 2015), so the clock is ticking!

Link to all the council gumpf:

https://www.herefordshire.gov.uk/planni ... rch=151607
Is it SteveUK or STEVE: of UK?????
Pox

Post by Pox »

SteveUK wrote:Just in case we didnt know already - things aren't looking good for Guy. There will soon be no castle to retake!

Link to all the council gumpf:

https://www.herefordshire.gov.uk/planni ... rch=151607
Interestingly, Mr Taylor didn't raise any objections to the application.

In their comments Historic England said -

The property is 'seriously mutilated and in poor condition' and they have 'learned of the difficult history of the site in recent years'.

The approved plans are for a green oak framed property which can be erected and made watertight very quickly but just in case, I hope they have good security on site.

Can anybody remember how much the purchaser paid for the property?
mac
Cannoneer
Cannoneer

Post by mac »

It was sold prior to auction along with other seized properties in Hereford, I think the bank was looking for 300k for the lot
The manor was sold to someone diffefrent to the Hereford Properties, which are now refurbished and fully let, something Taylor could have done instead of squandering money on other things and being a fool to himself, what was he doing with the rent money from the Hereford properies and the electricity money that was being paid to him by the tenants but not passing on to the electricity supplier
Interestingly his father is buried at Bodenham Manor, what happens if Guy wants to put some flowers on his grave, because he is banned from the place
Pox

Post by Pox »

mac wrote:
Interestingly his father is buried at Bodenham Manor, what happens if Guy wants to put some flowers on his grave, because he is banned from the place
Are you allowed to bury a body (not ashes) in any old bit of land?
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

Somewhat oddly. Yes. A small admin process and bob's your uncle.

I'm eyeing up a plot in my back garden.
Is it SteveUK or STEVE: of UK?????