Guy Taylor - The Magna Carta Man of the UK

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

SoLongCeylon
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Guy Taylor - The Magna Carta Man of the UK

Post by SoLongCeylon »

mac wrote:On UK Column 1pm today - updates on new Bodenham Trial 10th and 11th December Hereford Crown Court
https://www.ukcolumn.org/ukcolumn-news/ ... tober-2015

He is appealing the Magistrate's judgement from a few months ago. He says it will be a show trial where he will expose everything. eerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrh!!
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

Another great show you get to watch. I will say, I think the UK Freemen are far more eccentric than our US folk, and there seems to be far less division, and more working together than we see here. Although that may be due to size, and consistency of law (England v. 50 States and Federal). I am a bit Jealous, I would love to see a Freeman show in court.
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

SoLongCeylon wrote:He is appealing the Magistrate's judgement from a few months ago. He says it will be a show trial where he will expose everything. eerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrh!!
He thinks he is appealing the magistrate's judgement but I think he's somehow managed to get a summary offence moved to Crown court, that's all. There is also something odd in that as he says there will be a judge and two magistrates sitting, it sounds like a magistrate court sitting in the Crown court. I wouldn't believe anything Guy Taylor says about it, someone needs to find the court listing and get the truth.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
timcurgenven1
Pirate
Pirate

Post by timcurgenven1 »

ArthurWankspittle wrote:
SoLongCeylon wrote:He is appealing the Magistrate's judgement from a few months ago. He says it will be a show trial where he will expose everything. eerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrh!!
He thinks he is appealing the magistrate's judgement but I think he's somehow managed to get a summary offence moved to Crown court, that's all. There is also something odd in that as he says there will be a judge and two magistrates sitting, it sounds like a magistrate court sitting in the Crown court. I wouldn't believe anything Guy Taylor says about it, someone needs to find the court listing and get the truth.
Thats not right, you cant get a summary offence moved to a crown court, it can only be dealt with in the Magistrates court, unless its joined with inditeable offences

Guy Taylor is right about the appeal, this is how appeals are done to the crown court on appeal from the Mags

2 magistrates sitting with a judge

Personally i believe him on this, no reason not to, its very run of the mill
letissier14

Post by letissier14 »

I see that he goes on in the video to say that he was stunned when he was put through to the banks police liaison department like it was some kind of secret never before heard of department

Talk about Guy & Gerrish being over dramatic about it ..... It is no new secret, all banks have a police liaison department, it is all to do with fraud.
I don't take sides, I read all the facts and then come to my own conclusions
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

Not only that, but all (or is it most) banks have a little button they can push and the cops show up!

For what nefarious purposes, we can only speculate!
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

timcurgenven1 wrote:Guy Taylor is right about the appeal, this is how appeals are done to the crown court on appeal from the Mags

2 magistrates sitting with a judge

Personally i believe him on this, no reason not to, its very run of the mill
Thanks for putting me right on this. I'm probably one, out of date and two, thinking of civil actions.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
Bungle

Post by Bungle »

SoLongCeylon wrote:
mac wrote:On UK Column 1pm today - updates on new Bodenham Trial 10th and 11th December Hereford Crown Court
https://www.ukcolumn.org/ukcolumn-news/ ... tober-2015

He is appealing the Magistrate's judgement from a few months ago. He says it will be a show trial where he will expose everything. eerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrh!!
I would have thought that he was well out of time to appeal. This new hearing is at the Crown Court. Therefore his fate will have to be decided by a Jury.
TUCO said to me:
“I envy you for the job that you do in helping advise people. If I could choose an occupation, this is what I would like to do. Much of the advice that I pass onto people is heavily influenced by your posts”.
Bones

Post by Bones »

I wish Guy would make another video, I am missing him talking about "fraudulent instruments"

For those that don't know, this is an example of a fraudulent instrument

longdog

Post by longdog »

Bones wrote:I wish Guy would make another video, I am missing him talking about "fraudulent instruments"

For those that don't know, this is an example of a fraudulent instrument

You clearly don't understand the second-hand guitar market.

My 2004 Fender Jazz is realistically worth about £350 but put it on Ebay as "Collectors Item... VERY RARE COLLECTORS ITEM 100% ORIGINAL 2004 Fender Jazz... HIGHLY COLLECTABLE!!!!" and there's a good chance some sucker will pay way, way, way over the odds for it. Some of the worthless pawn-shop wrecks I've seen go for thousands defies belief.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

Guitar prices are all over the place, some are absurdly high, for no perceivable reason. Others cost Thousands, and probably should. Do you really need to spend a grand on a visual replica of an Eddie Van Halen frankenstein guitar, or 20k http://www.themusiczoo.com/product/220/ ... n-Replica/ on a perfect replica? Some will say the perfect replica, with all it's scratches, cigarette burns, and wear marks make it worth it.
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
YiamCross

Post by YiamCross »

My son has worked in Denmark St since he was about 16, he's pretty damned good at playing the things and he's at least as good at knowing a good un when he sees it.

The number of guitars he went through before he found a gold top that played just right. Sometimes it seems people forget what the damned things are actually for.
wanglepin

Post by wanglepin »

What have you started Bones? We'll have the history of second hand drum kits next and Guy of the family Taylor will be a Myth of the past.
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

Mmm - seems a little fishy to me. Appeal has to be lodged within 21 days. http://www.cps.gov.uk/legal/a_to_c/appe ... court/#a02

Maybe he persuaded a judge to grant exceptional leave, or maybe he did it within the time limit and there's been a delay in arranging the new trial. The latter seems more likely.
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

Bungle wrote:This new hearing is at the Crown Court. Therefore his fate will have to be decided by a Jury.
More commonly by a Crown Court Judge and two Magistrates, nowadays. If he's hoping for a jury nullification, he might be disappointed. But I suppose he'll gladly pay the court costs just for the chance to put on his performance. Someone should tip off the court to arrange for a few extra guards and cops around.
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
getoutofdebtfools
Pirate
Pirate

Post by getoutofdebtfools »

Hercule Parrot wrote:But I suppose he'll gladly pay the court costs
The IP in charge of his open-ended bankruptcy may feel differently....
Oh the irony of the Get Out Of Debt Free website :lol: :lol: :lol:
Now owned by a debt management company :brickwall: Bye bye Ceylon :haha:
YiamCross

Post by YiamCross »

Hercule Parrot wrote:...Someone should tip off the court to arrange for a few extra guards and cops around.
There was a heavy security and police presence at Nottingham Justice Centre on Wednesday morning. They didn't hang around long when they realised the Crawford's support team was virtually no one apart from Haining and some kid who kindly videoed service of my High Court papers on them.

Where have all the crowds gone? Even his daughter didn't bother to turn up and support him. I think even they are beginning to understand their time has passed.
exiledscouser

Post by exiledscouser »

Hercule Parrot wrote:
Bungle wrote:This new hearing is at the Crown Court. Therefore his fate will have to be decided by a Jury.
More commonly by a Crown Court Judge and two Magistrates, nowadays. If he's hoping for a jury nullification, he might be disappointed. But I suppose he'll gladly pay the court costs just for the chance to put on his performance. Someone should tip off the court to arrange for a few extra guards and cops around.
Yep, usually two beaks and a judge.

What GT fails to appreciate is that these appeals are actually re-rearings of the original alleged offence as if the mater had not already been decided. It is not at all unusual for the sentence, if the conviction is upheld, to actually be increased together with the imposition and misery of yet more costs. I've seen it happen all too often when advice is ignored.

Of course, this only tends to happen when litigants, usually in person, bring an appeal which is entirely without merit, founded on imported completely inapplicable USA flavoured legal jurisprudence sprinkled with discredited wacky and simply made-up (mis)understandings of the law whilst performing before the court like a swivel-eyed loon flanked by useless McKenzie Friends. Smelling strongly of last night's fifteen pints.

So he'll be just fine.
YiamCross

Post by YiamCross »

exiledscouser wrote:..
Of course, this only tends to happen when litigants, usually in person, bring an appeal which is entirely without merit, founded on imported completely inapplicable USA flavoured legal jurisprudence sprinkled with discredited wacky and simply made-up (mis)understandings of the law whilst performing before the court like a swivel-eyed loon flanked by useless McKenzie Friends. Smelling strongly of last night's fifteen pints.
This is sounding more and more like the show not to miss. Have truck, will travel.
Bungle

Post by Bungle »

getoutofdebtfools wrote:
Hercule Parrot wrote:But I suppose he'll gladly pay the court costs
The IP in charge of his open-ended bankruptcy may feel differently....
He knows.
TUCO said to me:
“I envy you for the job that you do in helping advise people. If I could choose an occupation, this is what I would like to do. Much of the advice that I pass onto people is heavily influenced by your posts”.