UK - GOODF "Win" Again

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

Normal Wisdom
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

UK - GOODF "Win" Again

Post by Normal Wisdom »

Yet another success for Get Out of Debt Free and their legal experts. Cleveland Rhoden has been in dispute with his mortgage provider for 6 years apparently over the cost of service charges from the local authority for his flat. The situation is not entirely clear but it appears that he refused to pay the charges and these were subsequently charged to his mortgage provider which added them to his debt. Mr Rhoden is very unhappy. However, probably with guidance from the good people at GOODF, he is so convinced of the strength of his case that for the last 13 months he has refused to make any mortgage payments with the result that he is now faced with eviction.

Now some people might think it crazy to risk losing one's home for what must be a relatively small cost and when according to Mr Rhoden he only has another 4 years until his mortgage is completed which means he will have already repaid a substantial part of the loan.

In July, Mr Rhoden lost his claim against having to pay the additional costs and an eviction order was issued. Mr Rhoden appealed for a stay of execution but about a month ago this was denied.

Fortunately he had support from Response (the armed wing of GOODF). Now one shouldn't assume that their modus operandi is to frustrate evictions by force of numbers and intimidation of bailiffs. As Guy Taylor explained to the local newspaper "We weren’t here to block the bailiffs, just to make sure they had the correct paperwork and that everything was right and proper.” In fact so assiduous were they in checking the paperwork that 60 of their legal experts were required. Apparently the bailiffs decided they could do without this expertise and didn't show up. As the following article explains, it was another heartwarming display story:

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Stran ... story.html

However, sneakily and according to GOODF and Response, entirely illegally, the bailiffs actually turned up next day and by the time Mr Rhoden got back to his home the locks had been changed and the flat secured and only a handful of legal experts were able to get there to witness it.

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Baili ... story.html
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
Arthur Rubin
Tupa-O-Quatloosia

Re: UK - GOODF "Win" Again

Post by Arthur Rubin »

I noticed that all the honest (pro-mortgage) comments to the first article were rated "-30". Think the 60 "legal experts" have been putting "thumbs down" on the honest comments?
Arthur Rubin, unemployed tax preparer and aerospace engineer
ImageJoin the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

Butterflies are free. T-shirts are $19.95 $24.95 $29.95
PeanutGallery

Post by PeanutGallery »

I was considering the antics of Response the other night while watching a programme about High Court Enforcement Officers. It seems the Bailiffs have adopted a tactic I would have recommended to them, namely to wait and then come back the next day and do the deed when the crowd has gone away. It may also be prudent for evictions where a person has started to use OPCA arguments to immediately escalate any evictions to an HCEO (apparently when an HCEO evicts they don't need to give a prior notification). Taking this option, which would cost an additional £60 to move the application up, would likely save on fees, expenses and time for all involved.

This video included in this thread by those goofy goodfers shows their alternative just plain wrong response to the failure of response to respond.

http://www.getoutofdebtfree.org/forum/v ... E0e9_l_tS0

Apparently it's all the fault of the legal system anyway and their view is that the courts are corrupt because they don't agree with them but in a feat of sisyphian logic they keep going back to the courts hoping that this time they'll get that damn boulder to stop.
Warning may contain traces of nut
Normal Wisdom

Post by Normal Wisdom »

I watch that show too and thought the same thing. Moving to a High Court writ as soon as a possession order has been frustrated by Response's legal experts seems to be the way to go.

I was thinking that it's been about 3 months since Tom Crawford's eviction was blocked so we should be due for another attempt in the near future. I believe he owes in excess of £40,000 so I would assume that it would be fairly high up the priority list.
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

Things that are "really not a good idea in England" - being in contempt of the High Court. I'd pay to see one of these SovereignIjits facing a contempt hearing.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
PeanutGallery

Post by PeanutGallery »

Funnily enough at the moment I'm involved in a doodah with the High Court at the moment (a JR that got permission to proceed in regard to a bit of a screw up by a regulator, said regulator has taken every step to try and downplay the size of it's screw up in an attempt to play politics).

I did note in the video posted over on GOODF that one of the claims made by those legal experts is that the court doesn't like them winning which is why it does this. Sadly the law jeenios doesn't espouse on the theory as to why being evicted, without notice, after you had left the property was a sign of the court admitting you had 'won'. I'd have thought losing the property was a loss because the court said you lost.

Anyway here's a video I found from before the eviction of when Cleveland went to court. It's full of the regular claims that the court is corrupt, Cleveland wants Judges to wear badges with photo id so other Freemany types can compare notes and see which Judges they have collected contempt from, kinda like the gym quests in Pokemon (albeit less realistic than that Japanese game of monsters pockets and balls).

In regard to Tom Crawford chances are the bank involved are aware that it garnered a lot of media support and would like to try and do this as quietly as possible. They will also have fully investigated all of the claims by Tom so as to defuse any populist bleating that the behatted one may make to the media. I'd imagine that due to the previous excursion they'd also look to get a "no-knock" warrant or move the matter up to HCEO's.
Warning may contain traces of nut
wanglepin

Post by wanglepin »

PeanutGallery wrote: In regard to Tom Crawford chances are the bank involved are aware that it garnered a lot of media support and would like to try and do this as quietly as possible.
I also think Tom Crawford may have cast doubt among the many few who turned out for Ebert.
The goofers they may want to keep Crawford's eviction hush hush?