UK DD clawbacks and Simon Goldberg

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

NYGman
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: UK DD clawbacks and Simon Goldberg

Post by NYGman »

Let's say Tuco got married to a nice rich woman. She decides to take over paying his credit card bills. Does Tuco have to notify the bank, he is no longer paying and his new wife is taking over? Of course not. The Bank doesn't care who pays them the money, it makes no difference to them. The obligation to pay is what is binding, and you can transfer the payor to someone else, although your obligation will remain, unless of course the bank agrees to an assignment. However, even without agreeing to the assignment, the bank will still happily take the payment regardless of who is paying. This is true in reverse. The bank has an asset, a debt. You have agreed to repay, they just want you to pay it to someone else. You obligation (and theirs) have not changed, just who is receiving the cash.
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
Tuco
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by Tuco »

rumpelstilzchen wrote:Sadly for Tuco ten-year-olds don't decide court cases.
:haha:
Don't feel too sorry for me sonny. I had a total of around £30k credit, paid back around £5k, the rest was written off.

Pity they didn't have you acting for them eh? You know best. :haha:
Bungle told me that she worked at the CAB
She lied
Bones

Post by Bones »

There there Tuco, everything is ok, the grown ups will stop asking you to prove your claims and opinions

Henti
Gunners Mate
Gunners Mate

Post by Henti »

Assignment of rights
36. After section 82 (variation of agreements), insert—
“Assignment of rights

82A.—(1) Where rights of a creditor under a regulated consumer credit agreement are assigned to a third party, the assignee must arrange for notice of the assignment to be given to the debtor—
(a)as soon as reasonably possible, or

(b)if, after the assignment, the arrangements for servicing the credit under the agreement do not change as far as the debtor is concerned, on or before the first occasion that they do.
http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2010 ... on/36/made
longdog

Post by longdog »

This tread is getting like a YouTube comments section.

"It has been proven that <insert 'natural' remedy of choice here> cures cancer better than chemo"

"OK... Lets see the proof"

"I DON'T HAVE TO PROVE ANYTHING TO A PAID SHILL LIKE YOU!!!!!"

Or in Tuco-speak.

"I can prove it"

"Go on then"

"I don't have to prove it"

"...Because you can't"

"I AM THE PROOF!!!!"
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
Tuco
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by Tuco »

By the same token, has anybody proven me wrong?

Of course I can cite case law if I want to. I don't see the need to do so given it will make no difference anyway. Nobody is going to go "fair play Tuco, you were right" are they?
She lied
Henti
Gunners Mate
Gunners Mate

Post by Henti »

NYGman wrote:Let's say Tuco got married to a nice rich woman. She decides to take over paying his credit card bills. Does Tuco have to notify the bank, he is no longer paying and his new wife is taking over? Of course not. The Bank doesn't care who pays them the money, it makes no difference to them. The obligation to pay is what is binding, and you can transfer the payor to someone else, although your obligation will remain, unless of course the bank agrees to an assignment. However, even without agreeing to the assignment, the bank will still happily take the payment regardless of who is paying. This is true in reverse. The bank has an asset, a debt. You have agreed to repay, they just want you to pay it to someone else. You obligation (and theirs) have not changed, just who is receiving the cash.
Yes that's about it although if the bank and the debtor agreed it would probably be a novation.
Bones

Post by Bones »

tuco wrote:
"I AM THE PROOF!!!!"
Bones

Post by Bones »

Tuco wrote: Of course I can cite case law if I want to. I don't see the need to do so given it will make no difference anyway. Nobody is going to go "fair play Tuco, you were right" are they?
Come on Tuco put up or shut up
rumpelstilzchen

Post by rumpelstilzchen »

Tuco wrote:By the same token, has anybody proven me wrong?
We don't need to. No one has to do anything. It is your claim and it is up to you to prove your claim. Reversing the burden of proof is an argument from ignorance, a logical fallacy.
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
Tuco
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by Tuco »

rumpelstilzchen wrote:
We don't need to. No one has to do anything. It is your claim and it is up to you to prove your claim. Reversing the burden of proof is an argument from ignorance, a logical fallacy.
What exactly is my claim?

I stated banks sell agreements for profit, you stated "so what"?
She lied
Bones

Post by Bones »

Still ducking and deflecting - just post the cases you claim support your claims - you are just getting boring now
Henti
Gunners Mate
Gunners Mate

Post by Henti »

Of course I can cite case law if I want to. I don't see the need to do so given it will make no difference anyway. Nobody is going to go "fair play Tuco, you were right" are they?
Sorry Tuco but everyone has
Proven you wrong"

The problem with you FMoTL guys is that you think you can interpret legal process in any way that suits you.

You really need to take a few steps back and examine your grasp of a few fundamental principles.
Bones

Post by Bones »

Thanks for the PM Tuco, please feel free to post the 10 cases that you refer too
Tuco wrote:You really don't get it do you?

I couldn't give a fuck about you people. Do you think it bothers me that you all gang up like little kids?

I'm currently studying contract law for exams in January. I could cite you 10 cases off the top of my head.

You mistakeingly think I crave your acceptance or approval

You're just a bitter & twisted silly cow who can't get over the fact that I outed you on BHF.

I love how you stalk me, never able to quite fulfil your promises to ignore me. :haha:
Obviously you do crave acceptance and approval, I am guessing you didn't get enough attention as a child
Last edited by Bones on Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tuco
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by Tuco »

Bones wrote:Still ducking and deflecting - just post the cases you claim support your claims - you are just getting boring now
Ladies before gentlemen Bones-You first.

Explain to us how all these originals just happen to get mislaid and can never be produced whilst the copies are guarded like they are gold in Fort Knox.
She lied
Bones

Post by Bones »

Tuco wrote:
Bones wrote:Still ducking and deflecting - just post the cases you claim support your claims - you are just getting boring now

Explain to us how all these originals just happen to get mislaid and can never be produced whilst the copies are guarded like they are gold in Fort Knox.
Bones

Post by Bones »

I will make it easier for you, instead of the 10 cases you claim, just post one
Tuco
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by Tuco »

Bones wrote:
Tuco wrote:

Seriously love-Do you really need case law to show you that terms are breached if someone promises to safeguard your data and then fails to do so?

Keep on keeping on. :haha:
She lied
Henti
Gunners Mate
Gunners Mate

Post by Henti »

Bones wrote:Thanks for the PM Tuco, please feel free to post the 10 cases that you refer too
Tuco wrote:You really don't get it do you?

I couldn't give a fuck about you people. Do you think it bothers me that you all gang up like little kids?

I'm currently studying contract law for exams in January. I could cite you 10 cases off the top of my head.

You mistakeingly think I crave your acceptance or approval

You're just a bitter & twisted silly cow who can't get over the fact that I outed you on BHF.

I love how you stalk me, never able to quite fulfil your promises to ignore me. :haha:
Obviously you do crave acceptance and approval, I am guessing you didn't get enough attention as a child
Oh eck. Your in trouble now Bones, he is studying contract law.

What is he supposed to be proving anyway ? That it is ilegal to sell agreements .

It is a multi trillion pound industry for gods sake.
Bones

Post by Bones »

Zzzzzzzz boring

Tuco if you can't list the 10 cases you said you could name off the top of your head, it is ok - No one thought you could anyway