"Ceylon" the UK's top Goodfer nothing

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

NG3
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: "Ceylon" the UK's top Goodfer nothing

Post by NG3 »

Bones wrote:Wasn't sure where to post this but as Ceylon is king Good For Nothing and this is posted there, seems like right place.

It is 2015 and there are still people that feel it is acceptable to use such language :naughty:

http://www.getoutofdebtfree.org/forum/v ... 40#p412231
Are we surprised after Haining's Hitler video?

I also notice they have a David Duke thread up, another conman, in this case another one who peddles racism for profit.
Forsyth
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by Forsyth »

longdog wrote:
mavrik wrote:Because the supplier I have, I have only been with 3yrs, so x 3 = £35,280 and I have sent this bill to my supplier.

I know for a fact they are going to ignore it,
My god... He got something right.
Only the last line. For the maths he uses:
mavrik wrote:This is how I have done it, £35 per day x 7 = £245 x 4 (month) =£980 then x 12 (yearly) = £11,760.
The "correct" (and I use the term very loosely) calculations would be the much simple 35*365*3 (assuming the period doesn't cover February 2012 - add a day on if it does), making the grand total £38,325. (For the pedants, I believe we've had at least one leap second in the period, but at 0.04p a second it would only be payable in Zimbabwean dollars, or possibly Re).

Mavrik may, of course, be using a lunar calendar, which wouldn't entirely surprise me.
guilty

Post by guilty »

The teeny tiny problem with mavrik's solution is that the gas company's terms and conditions for supply allow them to instal a meter and have access to repair and read it.
If said meter is such a horrendous imposition on mavrik's rights then he can ask the gas company to remove it. Of course, that means the gas supply would be cut off. It doesn't matter how many Triang Hornby toy meters mavrik has, there will be no gas going through them.
Additionally, interference with the company's meter is a criminal offence.
"People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do."
longdog

Post by longdog »

I really am at a total loss as to what they actually think a meter does. Do they think they actually produce gas and electricity or something as they clearly don't seem to realise that before they can get something out of the meter somebody at a power station or gas rig in the north sea has to put something in and, in common with every other business, they want paying for the work they are doing.

Normal people understand that the reason we have meters is that we are buying something and for our own benefit the meter records what we use so we don't pay for something we haven't used. But for some reason they don't like that :shrug:

They really are quite transparent. The only reason they waffle on about installing their own meter is they don't want a pre-pay because then they will have to do what I do... Hand over real cash at the shops to buy credit. The Post Office or Apu's 24 hour Kwik-E-Mart aren't going to accept ReCheques, promissory notes or accepted-for-value payment slips... No dosh, no volts.

I would say "they don't have the same attitude to buying other things" but of course they do... If they can get some poor sod to lend them money to do it first.
Last edited by longdog on Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
Bones

Post by Bones »

Bones wrote:Wasn't sure where to post this but as Ceylon is king Good For Nothing and this is posted there, seems like right place.

It is 2015 and there are still people that feel it is acceptable to use such language :naughty:

Just to show he is really is as thick as I had always thought (still waiting for him to come and beat me up), he has amended his post to read

"You should of smacked that smirking bastard in the gob and told the fucking golliwog (no offence to anyone else, just the pig) to get the fuck out."

He is kind of missing the point. You can't make a racist comment about the colour of a person's skin and then try to make out it only applies to one individual because he is a wearing a uniform.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golliwog

Golliwog as racist insult

After the publication of Upton's first book, the term "golliwog" was used both as a reference to the children's toy and as a generic slang term for black people. In the UK and the Commonwealth, "golliwog" perhaps became "wog," a racial slur applied to dark-skinned people worldwide.
Last edited by Bones on Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
longdog

Post by longdog »

It's a horrible word which I would never use but I still smile remembering an Irish labourer (and one of the most intelligent guys I've ever met by the way) on the first site I worked on after leaving school who used the self applied term "Bog-Wog" :mrgreen:
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
Skeleton

Post by Skeleton »

longdog wrote:It's a horrible word which I would never use but I still smile remembering an Irish labourer (and one of the most intelligent guys I've ever met by the way) on the first site I worked on after leaving school who used the self applied term "Bog-Wog" :mrgreen:
There is a painting in the Officer's mess at RAF Scampton of Wing Commander Guy Gibson of 617 Sqn "Dambuster" fame, alongside his dog "Nigger" which was a perfectly acceptable word at the time. Not now though, and there is a little brass plate the covers the dog's name whenever certain dignitaries visit, not I hasten to add when a member of the Royals visits.

As an aside the story of the Flt Sgt burying the dog at midnight when Gibson was over the Dams is untrue, Gibson was a hard task master and was universally disliked by the ground crew, and a good portion of the NCO Aircrew. When asked said Flt Sgt told him he had far better things to do, the dog was buried but it was after the raid by a couple of airmen from the Guardroom.
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played. :lol: :lol:
littleFred
Stern Faced Schoolmaster of Serious Discussion

Post by littleFred »

longdog wrote:I really am at a total loss as to what they actually think a meter does. Do they think they actually produce gas and electricity or something ...
A SovCit theory claims that gas and leccy charges are not for the gas or leccy itself, but merely for the metering thereof. How can they make this claim? Well, neighbouring houses can have two different suppliers but we all know the gas or leccy comes from the same pipe or wire. The meter technically belongs to the supplier. Therefore (the theory goes) if a different meter is used, owned by someone else, that is who should be paid. Therefore if a meter belonging to British Gas is replaced by one owned by the householder, the householder is supplying his own gas/leccy, and doesn't need to pay anyone else.

Clearly the theory is bunk, merely a convoluted excuse for trying to get stuff for free.
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

The source video is hilarious, if a little sad. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_-NPGjEKOs

"I will have your jobs!", "If you damage my property I will have your job!", "If I cannot get your job then I will have you!", "I am disabled and vulnerable!", "You cannot force entry!", "If you force entry I will have your jobs!", "unlawful warrant!", "they cannot force entry!", "I will have your jobs!".

The occupant is a pathetic, blustering man. Only in his mid-forties, health ruined by smoking, obesity and laziness. When entry is finally forced at about 25:30, he's near to tears. All his barrack-room lawyer stunts have come to nothing, and it takes him a moment to collect himself and resume his nonsense yakking. The final minutes are pathetic, he's just standing there watching the credit meter being installed, under guard of a couple of bored cops.

PS - Mavrik can edit his post, but he can't take down the copy here. Good to know he's stupid, greedy and racist.
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

littleFred wrote: The meter technically belongs to the supplier.
I thought that the national grid has ownership of the meters
http://www2.nationalgrid.com/uk/services/metering/
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
Dai Kiwi
Cannoneer
Cannoneer

Post by Dai Kiwi »

rumpelstilzchen wrote: Another idiot who has fallen for the "only on Health and Safety grounds" lie. The legislation is freely available and is easy to read. Obviously this freetard has not read it and is repeating the GOOF rubbish.
Aged 45, had a heart attack, two strokes, on anti-thrombosis medication and in one shot it looks like he's smoking. Sheesh! Any utility company would accept the cost of a pack of cigs as a weekly payment off the arrears. He'd live longer that way too.
littleFred
Stern Faced Schoolmaster of Serious Discussion

Post by littleFred »

Hercule Parrot wrote:I thought that the national grid has ownership of the meters
Quite possibly. I don't know.
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

Theew was no indication of any electricity in the house. All lights off, gas workers operated by flashlight. Has his power been pulled too?
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

When i first encountered the word "gollywog" as a child, it was just defined as a jointed doll, with no ethnic reference. It's jarring to see it used as a slur.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
longdog

Post by longdog »

Hercule Parrot wrote:Only in his mid-forties, health ruined by smoking, obesity and laziness.
As a chain smoking, lazy, obese 50 year old I find that very offensive :snicker:
Pox

Post by Pox »

littleFred wrote:
longdog wrote:I really am at a total loss as to what they actually think a meter does. Do they think they actually produce gas and electricity or something ...
A SovCit theory claims that gas and leccy charges are not for the gas or leccy itself, but merely for the metering thereof. How can they make this claim? Well, neighbouring houses can have two different suppliers but we all know the gas or leccy comes from the same pipe or wire. The meter technically belongs to the supplier. Therefore (the theory goes) if a different meter is used, owned by someone else, that is who should be paid. Therefore if a meter belonging to British Gas is replaced by one owned by the householder, the householder is supplying his own gas/leccy, and doesn't need to pay anyone else.

Clearly the theory is bunk, merely a convoluted excuse for trying to get stuff for free.
The Sov stuff also believe that oil, gas, water,coal etc. belongs to the citizens (with or without a name) and thus should be free.

Makes sense if they harvest their own rainwater and don't rely on someone delivering it to their tap but unless they have their own oil well, coal mine, power station, this makes no account of the other costs e.g. R and D, delivery, etc.etc.
morrand

Post by morrand »

littleFred wrote:
Hercule Parrot wrote:I thought that the national grid has ownership of the meters
Quite possibly. I don't know.
It makes more sense that the grid (really the local grid operator) would own the meter. More economical that way: when the consumer switches suppliers, it's just a records change, rather than having to spend the £100+ to swap meters. (That's how we do it locally, anyway.)

Which, of course, makes the GOOFer position even more ridiculous by knocking out even the slim basis it might have had.
---
Morrand
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

I think it goes back to the magical thinking that seems to be part and parcel with the group.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
wanglepin

Post by wanglepin »

Anyway. Can anyone confirm that Ceylon Hainings next court appearance will be for trial and not just a pretrial hearing?
Bones

Post by Bones »

Come on Ceylon post a video with your bald significant other. I need a good laugh